General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that both Raigh and Matthew are getting refines. my Sharena team will be very happy with that.

I wonder if Raigh's tome will have a Nosferatu effect. I don't think Raigh has the stats for that, but the tome he stole from Hugh was a nosferatu tome.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

If anyone gets Apocalypse I hope it's Niime. She kinda has to be the one to get it considering she's the only Dark Mage left who can possibly use it.

Bramimond.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well yeah but I'd sooner believe Brigand Boss to get in over Bramimond.

I don't see how Bramimond is any less plausible than Athos (who shares similar status) or Mila (who is also never playable or fightable), both of whom are brought up often in the Legendary/Mythic banner threads.

13 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Hopefully never. The hex rod should rot in hell.

You shall burn forever in the depths of hell! Azama Wrys Lucius etc need their personal weapons too!!!

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see how Bramimond is any less plausible than Athos (who shares similar status) or Mila (who is also never playable or fightable), both of whom are brought up often in the Legendary/Mythic banner threads.

The reason I think that is that he has no set appearance or personality like Athos or Mila do and instead just mimics whoever he is currently talking to.

I just can't imagine how such a character would be implemented.

Nice to see my boys Roderick and Luke get refines. They were my first 5-stars, but I haven't had much incentive to use them since general powercreep left them in the dust  (Although Triangle Adept, Brave Sword Astra Luke was a fun meme to use in Rokkr Siege). That being said, I'm not sure what refines the devs could give them to stand out from the oversaturated pool of Sword and Lance cavs. Roderick especially, as we haven't received any refines for Firesweep weapons to my knowledge.

I actually always loved Raigh in Binding Blade, but was severely disappointed with his statline in Heroes. I'm crossing my fingers that the devs give him either a prf Owl tome w/ special accel -1 or a weapon that's effective against both Armors and Calvalry like Micaiah. 

Don't care for matthew too much, but nice to see he's getting a refine.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The reason I think that is that he has no set appearance or personality like Athos or Mila do and instead just mimics whoever he is currently talking to.

I just can't imagine how such a character would be implemented.

I don't know where people get the "no set appearance" from. Athos specifically only mentions that Bramimond has no fixed personality:

Hector:
“By Father Sky… Your voice… The way you talk. It keeps changing. How many…”

Athos:
“Bramimond has no self. He… She… It… Yes, it is a mirror that reflects the person addressing it. It projects no personality of its own. There are as many Bramimonds as there are people facing him. …Bramimond, do you remember me?”

As for his voice lines, I'm sure they can figure something out that works. As much as Kiran is supposed to represent the player who is playing the game, the way that the characters in the story interact with you imply at least certain qualities in Kiran's personality.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know where people get the "no set appearance" from. Athos specifically only mentions that Bramimond has no fixed personality

Because all you see of him is a hooded figure which pretty much mirrors what Mark looks like. I mean they could still have him do the same with Kiran honestly but Kiran is again yet another hooded figure whose face is not shown and I doubt Heroes would want to include a character like that.

Having him mirror Kiran to give us some insight on what little personality they have would be pretty cool tho.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know where people get the "no set appearance" from. Athos specifically only mentions that Bramimond has no fixed personality:

As for his voice lines, I'm sure they can figure something out that works. As much as Kiran is supposed to represent the player who is playing the game, the way that the characters in the story interact with you imply at least certain qualities in Kiran's personality.

This makes me wonder if Brammimond it was actually a male, or if the current no fixed Brammimond it's the one Athos and company known since the beginning; so nobody actually knows how Brammimond was born.

19 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Hopefully never. The hex rod should rot in hell.

For FEH implementation, why not "temporarily decreases enemy's maximum HP by damage dealt"? For skills that call for a high % of HP to activate, this would backfire and be a good thing for the enemy. But for skills that call for low HP to function, it'd be bad. More a rare and very very niche meta-screwball than anything though.

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I mean they could still have him do the same with Kiran honestly but Kiran is again yet another hooded figure whose face is not shown and I doubt Heroes would want to include a character like that.

Having him mirror Kiran to give us some insight on what little personality they have would be pretty cool tho.

There is no playable Kiran, Bramimond would be the closest thing we could visually get. Until Hooded Robin alts at least, or until they invent a Rainbow-colored Bredabrick weapon type with natural not-taking-skill-slots Def/Res targeting and guaranteed WTA.

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

This makes me wonder if Brammimond it was actually a male, or if the current no fixed Brammimond it's the one Athos and company known since the beginning; so nobody actually knows how Brammimond was born.

I am of the mind that the "infinitely many Bramimonds" thing doesn't apply to physical sex. He looks male to me. But I guess you could say his gender, which is behavior and self-image, does change based on however talks to him. 

His physical sex doesn't really matter though. It's something, but he had to be infertile/sterile, lacking genitals altogether, or asexual, celibate, or really really selfless to choose a path of sublimation to the darkness over a normal existence where gender/sex/sexuality matters.

And Bramimond in La Chanson de RolandThe Song of Roland- from which his name is taken, is that of a queen.

I'm SF's number one Brammy fan, so of course I want him, but not now. I don't have enough Orbs.

Raigh and Matthew are nice characters. Overall I like personalities like Matthew, average-ish and chill, like Ranulf, Zihark, and Stahl, he has a little depth I guess with Leila too.

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Matthew should have gotten Leila's Dagger.

Matthew with Leila's Dagger and Leila with Matthew's Dagger. If only it wasn't so tragic.

49 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Matthew with Leila's Dagger and Leila with Matthew's Dagger. If only it wasn't so tragic.

Could be worst. At least he was not cucked and barbecued.

So I guess Mathilda really was doomed to be last all along. Feelsbadman...

As for my thoughts: dual effectiveness or strong support are just about the only things that could actually make Raigh appealing since he has such steep direct competition in Tharja and Lilina so hopefully that's the direction they go.

Rodrick is very unlikely to receive a prf firesweep weapon imo. Its not something they've felt comfortable putting out at all so far and I doubt they'd debut it on someone so accessable. Something boring like a slaying lance would be fitting in a way. Although I hope they don't screw him up by forcing his weapon to do the same thing as Luke's, since the difference in their statlines means that probably won't end well.

I'm not sure what can be done with Luke that would actually make him worthwhile as a red 5 star. Sword cavs have such strong options across every level of accessibility so he likely won't be worth pursuing for anyone that doesn't already have him.

I'm curious if they will try to stick with rouge dagger's effect on Matthew. I don't envision him rising towards the top of the bugget dagger pool but hopefully IS shows the same creativity they did for our ninjas.

11 hours ago, colossus86 said:

So I guess Mathilda really was doomed to be last all along. Feelsbadman...

As for my thoughts: dual effectiveness or strong support are just about the only things that could actually make Raigh appealing since he has such steep direct competition in Tharja and Lilina so hopefully that's the direction they go.

Rodrick is very unlikely to receive a prf firesweep weapon imo. Its not something they've felt comfortable putting out at all so far and I doubt they'd debut it on someone so accessable. Something boring like a slaying lance would be fitting in a way. Although I hope they don't screw him up by forcing his weapon to do the same thing as Luke's, since the difference in their statlines means that probably won't end well.

I'm not sure what can be done with Luke that would actually make him worthwhile as a red 5 star. Sword cavs have such strong options across every level of accessibility so he likely won't be worth pursuing for anyone that doesn't already have him.

I'm curious if they will try to stick with rouge dagger's effect on Matthew. I don't envision him rising towards the top of the bugget dagger pool but hopefully IS shows the same creativity they did for our ninjas.

It's not like Luke ever should have been an exclusive 5 star. He isn't that popular, he's not unique, and he isn't exactly a banner seller. He's just one of the most baffling 5 star exclusive choices they've ever made.

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

He's just one of the most baffling 5 star exclusive choices they've ever made.

It's called "Panic Ploy back in the days when Litrblade cavalry were completely and utterly broken".

On 7/2/2019 at 11:45 PM, Ice Dragon said:

It's called "Panic Ploy back in the days when Litrblade cavalry were completely and utterly broken".

I love how they then realized how much of a mistake that shit was and made Valter and PP seals not even too long after

It feels like so long ago when Arena was so dominated by LItrblade Cavalry and Cavalry meme team to the point that you can deploy Cecilia with TA and autowins.

Luke's Rowdy Sword: Prf Brave Sword (11 might)
Refine: If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is not active on foe, grants Atk/Def +6 during combat.

Roderick's Steady Lance: Prf Firesweep Lance.
Refine: Darting Blow 3 (you got that wrong, @Etheus)

Raigh's Hermit's Tome: Effective against Cavalry foes. Also has the effects of Dull Ranged.
Refine: During combat, boosts unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by number of adjacent allies x2. (Owltome effect. Basically giving Raigh both a Wolftome and Owltome at the same time plus Dull Ranged)

Matthew's Spy's Dagger: Prf Rogue Dagger.
Refine: Grants bonus to unit's Atk = total penalties on foe during combat. (are you happy, @Zeo?)

The refine icons for Hermit's Tome and Spy's Dagger are unique: The former features a small image of what I have to assume must be Niime (or just a plain ol hermit), while the latter features a red Spider Web icon.

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Luke's Rowdy Sword: Prf Brave Sword (11 might)
Refine: If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is not active on foe, grants Atk/Def +6 during combat.

Roderick's Steady Lance: Prf Firesweep Lance.
Refine: Darting Blow 3 (you got that wrong, @Etheus)

Raigh's Hermit's Tome: Effective against Cavalry foes. Also has the effects of Dull Ranged.
Refine: During combat, boosts unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by number of adjacent allies x2. (Owltome effect. Basically giving Raigh both a Wolftome and Owltome at the same time plus Dull Ranged)

Matthew's Spy's Dagger: Prf Rogue Dagger.
Refine: Grants bonus to unit's Atk = total penalties on foe during combat. (are you happy, @Zeo?)

Yeah. My bad. I was thinking spd = swift.

Luke's refine would've been better just being Death Blow 3. It looks like they're really trying to push his default Panic Ploy despite his HP not being anything particularly special.

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Luke's refine would've been better just being Death Blow 3. It looks like they're really trying to push his default Panic Ploy despite his HP not being anything particularly special.

Or if it worked on him having a field buff like the Muspell and Nifl summer weapons or any of those stupid ideas I had way back that can be summed up as Panic Ploy to free up his C passive, Legion's Axe's effect, and the Atk/Spd-6 on foe and foes 2 spaces within if he attacks and and Def/Res+6 to him and allies 2 spaces within if he defeats them. https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/81253-general-weapon-refinery-discussionspeculationcreation-thread/page/22/&tab=comments#comment-5303256.

I kind of get what they're trying to do since it will combo with his default Panic Ploy, but also don't. With a Brave weapon, you want attack which is what he's getting, but you don't really care for defensive stats unless it's to boost a special which he does come with high defense and Bonfire. Problem is that he's going to have to pick on units without field buffs like a bully and coward, but field buffs are just common, so Luke is probably better off with something more simple like Death Blow, Heavy Blade, etc.

Roderick is a definite winner as is Raigh. Close Counter, Dull Close Raigh with unique refined Hermit's Tome could be pretty good. Matthew and Gunnthra would be great friends and perhaps by coincidence or maybe it was deliberate, Matthew's affinity in Blazing Blade is wind and Gunnthra is a wind legendary.

With Matthew getting a superboon from +Atk and his weapon working on debuffs, +Atk seems like a good choice. Roderick I'm not really sure since the unique refinement is Darting Blow 3 making his speed effectively 40 and L&D would be a likely A passive since Firesweep units aren't supposed to get hit, so that's 45 speed before buffs or debuffs. Units with higher and higher speed are being introduced, but he might want more attack than speed. With only the unique refinement, +Atk would have 50/40 effective offenses while +Spd would have 47/43 effective offenses.

I'm guessing Raigh would want +Spd to avoid and ensure as many doubles as he can. +Atk would scale better against cavalry, but his 32 base neutral attack should suffice with +Spd giving him 32/32 offenses. +Atk on the other hand gives him 35/29 offenses.

Edited by Kaden
Ranged units can't inherit Dull Close