General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

I honestly hope that Brave!Lyn doesn't get a refine to Mulagir that nullifies Null C-Disrupt.

In other news, I'm incredibly happy that Brave!Lucina's getting a refine. She and Default!Lissa are my main, most-used units in the game. It seems likely that Geirskogul will be getting a more supportive refinement (since it's already supportive, and her default C skill is Drive Spd which adds onto the Drives on the weapon). How far they take the refinement, and what direction they take it in, is only something I can guess...but I really hope they don't bust on it.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Seven votes was it?

My current plan is Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri, and Ninian for my frontrunner votes.

Nasir, Bastian, and Cormag for my "please just notice me" votes.

I think so, yeah.

I guess I'll have to give two votes to two of the characters I listed and three to the other. Claude has the best chance of winning out of the three, so he'll get three votes and Sylvain and Freddy will both get two. I'd like to give Elincia a vote as well though... I guess I could give her one and Freddy one each.

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I honestly hope that Brave!Lyn doesn't get a refine to Mulagir that nullifies Null C-Disrupt.

Pointless since Mulagir isn't a Firesweep Prf to begin with (unless they change the entire weapon concept via refinery). The only Firesweep prf in the game is Roderick's Steady Lance and that weapon gets Darting Blow 3 as its eff. refine.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Pointless since Mulagir isn't a Firesweep Prf to begin with (unless they change the entire weapon concept via refinery). The only Firesweep prf in the game is Roderick's Steady Lance and that weapon gets Darting Blow 3 as its eff. refine.

He's referencing her Sacaen Blessing.

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

He's referencing her Sacaen Blessing.

Ah, I see. I've largely forgotten that skill even exists since my Brave Lyn has Firesweep Bow and Sacaen Blessing is extremely situational, especially in PvE situations.

Mulagir shutting down Null C-Disrupt still isn't going to be too crazy since a lot of Null C-Disrupt units are manaketes, who are already unaffected by Sacae's Blessing to begin with. Sacae's Blessing also has no effect on beast units like Nailah or Velouria.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'd be happy if Urvan gets either Quick Riposte 5 or Guard 11.

Mulagir I could imagine getting a similar effect as Luna Arc and probably upgrading its default Dull Magic into Dull All.

I would love to see Geirskogul get the same effect as Kitsune Fang.

Blazing Durandal I could see getting Null Follow-Up (since cavalry can't normally learn the skill), but if they want to be gutsy, I can also see the Slaying effect or a Pulse effect.

As wishful thinking, I'd also like to see Beorc's Blessing+ and Sacae's Blessing+ added as new skills, the former having Divine Tyrfing's effect against melee opponents and the latter being a straight clone of Dazzling Staff 3.

For BH!Lyn, if they actually want to make it relevant, they need to either give it Brave (or a boost in performance similar to Brave) or some type of Firesweep (Null Distant Counter would be great, although it would make her B slot pointless).

For BH!Lucina, I am hoping for Geirskögul Refine to either make the buffs global, or make the buffs stronger and more inclusive.

For BH!Roy, Slaying effect would be a nice.

For BH!Ike, I want Urvan's Deflect to apply to all subsequent attacks after the first and not just consecutive attacks. This significantly boosts his bulk and he does not have to worry about his counterattacks interfering with Urvan.

Edited by XRay

I hope Lucina's refine give her more power to her support potential.

Also... I'm voting most likely by Silque unless she appears in Heroes before CYL4... I'm could vote for Edelgard in that case during the second half of the votation.

I'm also planning to vote for certain someone if she appears in CYL4.

13 hours ago, Etheus said:

Changing the effect entirely would probably be the best option.

Not at all. Giving Ike 50% damage reduction on the first attack would be perfect. 50% reduction on the first hit and 80% if the second hit is consecutive would make him even more irritating to kill than an armored unit. It would be pretty perfect, albeit a bit unbalanced.

The Luke revival banner just gave me a random thought: It would've been really interesting if they had just made Luke's new weapon be an 11-Mt Brave Sword with a refine of HP +20 instead of the niche effect that he actually got. 66 base HP would've been really fun to play around with, and it would've synergized perfectly with his default skill set.

Ooh, update.

• Mulagir: If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, grants all stats +4 during combat.
  • Urvan: Reduces damage from foe's first attack by 40%. If foe initiates combat and performs a follow-up, their follow-up comes immediately after their initial attack.
  • Geirskogul:
    • Base: Same as before, but adds dragon effectiveness.
    • Refine: Physical allies within 2 squares get Bracing Blow 1.5 (+3 Def/Res) and Bracing Breath (+3 Def/Res and +1 Special charge rate).
  • Blazing Durandal:
    • Base: Replaced with Special Fighter 3 when initiating combat.
    • Refine: Steady Impact (+7 Spd, +10 Def, and foe cannot perform a follow-up when initiating combat).

Damn, these are all great.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I want all of these things.

@Ice Dragon There are also additional base effects:

- Lucina gets dragon effectiveness.

- Roy loses his Heavy Blade and gets a player-phase Special Fighter with no HP threshold instead.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I want all of these things.

@Ice Dragon There are also additional base effects:

- Lucina gets dragon effectiveness.

- Roy loses his Heavy Blade and gets a player-phase Special Fighter instead.

Oh god. I totally missed those. I'll edit those into my post shortly.

EDIT: Oh, god. I think Brave Ike might be the next super tank. Give him Distant Counter and pair him up with Lucina for that sweet Drive Breath effect.

EDIT 2: Mulagir's refine icon looks like a teacher yelling at a kid to stop running down the hall.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Some interesting decisions to be made for me now, given that these are far better than expected.

- Roy is now a very desirable unit to me as my concern with using him previously was that at Neutral+1 he often would fail the Heavy Blade conditional. I'd be happy to get more copies ...but then Eliwood also benefits massively here given he had even bigger concerns with meeting the Atk check. Now that that's no longer relevant, fully merging Eliwood instead becomes very much a live option. As a bonus, it also hugely increases his somewhat lacking bulk against counterattacks. I've already got Ares as a merge-in-progress, but it's seriously tempting to double up on the sword cav slot now.

- I was just about certain that I would be foddering the free Ike from the new mode to Fae, for the conventional Lightning Breath Aether build. Now I'm not so sure. I have my +Def -Res copy that I almost never use, but it sounds like using him might be much more entertaining now and the +1 merge would be very beneficial in that case.

No real thought required regarding the other two:

- Lucina was always a disappointing pull for me, and I've gotten three copies over the years, including a +Atk copy. Suddenly I'm glad to have pulled all of them, and it's good to see that in conjunction with Julia, the age of blue dragonslayers is finally upon us.

- Lyn got the mildest upgrade, obviously, but she needed the least amount of help, so fair enough really. I'm still running just the freebie neutral copy with one merge on top, and she has Summoner Support mostly because of inertia. Even then she was starting to fall behind because increases in bulk on DC units she's meant to counter have marginalised her output, and likewise the increased power of enemy mages meant she was starting to struggle with tanking them at times too. This refine should help mine keep up with the curve. (I've never pulled a Firesweep Bow, and even if I did it'd probably go to a flying archer instead)

@Ice Dragon is it safe to say Karel is now better than Ayra if they are supported by Blucina. With Breath effect on Bond Range Karel can drop 2 CD Lunas and 2 CD Sols or did they still broke even because Ayra can just Wo Dao?

Edit: i forgot LMarth have the godlike Bonus Doubler 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Ice Dragon is it safe to say Karel is now better than Ayra if they are supported by Blucina. With Breath effect on Bond Range Karel can drop 2 CD Lunas and 2 CD Sols or did they still broke even because Ayra can just Wo Dao?

Ayra is still a bit better because of Wo Dao and Regnal Astra's consistent (and high) damage.

+10 Ayra lands 28-30 damage with Wo Dao+ [Spd] + Regnal Astra and has an additional 1 more Atk than Karel does (3 more base Atk, but 2 less Mt).

Karel's Luna needs to land on something with 38-42 Def to match Ayra's damage.

This does include the +3 Spd from Geirskogul's Drive effect, but doesn't include any other Spd boosts. Karel falls slightly farther behind if there are additional Spd buffs.

I think I will need to double check on Mulagir on the calculator. It seems kind of weak, but I want to make sure before I judge it.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think I will need to double check on Mulagir on the calculator. It seems kind of weak, but I want to make sure before I judge it.

Depending a bit on the build, it boosts her from about 130-140 kills to 170-180 kills when running +6 to all stats on both sides against the Hard List at +10. Honestly pretty solid.

I'm running

+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk / +Spd]
Mulagir / Mulagir [unique]
Moonbow / Ruptured Sky
Swift Sparrow 3
Sacae's Blessing
Sturdy Blow 2

for my tests.

Granted, the Hard List hasn't been updated in a very long time, so it doesn't have any of the recent speed demons in it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow... holy shit... okay uh...

>Mah boi got PP Special Fighter not even as a refine effect, it's just the effect of a forged weapon at all. Shoot. The refine is... kinda underwhelming considering it just looks like what will eventually become Steady Impact, but he still gets a Tier 4 skill as a refine effect AS WELL AS Special Fighter. Man...
...oh I guess Eliwood got this same effect to, but it's not like he can use it all that well...

>Lucy came out good as well... dragon effectiveness, and granting Physical Breath...

>Brave Ike just got a lot more annoying to kill. I can see his refine being dreadful for anyone not paying close enough attention and chucking out any random Red Mage only to find they can't kill Ike because first attack is weakened, second attack is useless.

>Simple refine is simple. Not bad necessarily, just simple.

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Lucy came out good as well... dragon effectiveness, and granting Melee Breath...

Physical Breath, not Melee Breath. Two range as well, so Drive Physical Breath.

Going to have to rethink my Wind team which is three Lucinas and a Fae, hmm.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Physical Breath, not Melee Breath. Two range as well, so Drive Physical Breath.

Going to have to rethink my Wind team which is three Lucinas and a Fae, hmm.

Ah dam, I'm so used to it being Melee and Ranged with buffs I forgot Lucy affected only physical units.

...wait then did Faye just become... a monster?