General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

Athena finally gets her Refine! I am so happy for this.
Now lets see...Special Dmg +10.. I played her often with Slaying sword as a speedy Sword Tank or Galeforce user which can use Galeforce on more Fragile enemies like Mages...

Null Follow Up would be cool. Any cooldown improvement would be nice. But I kind of don't wont it to be another sword with just Cooldown -1 and Special Damage +10... so I wouldn't mind it to be entirely different. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, XRay said:

Hold up! F!Kana is Gen II I think. We are doing Gen II units now?

Apparently. Cause why would Shiro or Siegbert, two units who not only have outdated prf weapons but weapons with effects that are now on normal (seasonal) weapons, need refines when we can just jump right to Kana, the most alright I guess dragon in the game?

Athena

I'm hoping for Wo Dao + Holsety, which would let her run something like Moonbow + Swift Sparrow 3 + Null Follow-Up + Flashing Blade. Basically Mareeta's Shadow Sword, but with Wo Dao's effect instead of Slaying Edge's.

Subaki

Harmonic Lance base with Spectrum Breath would be nice. He's kind of hard to fix, though, since he's literally a lance flier version of Niles.

Gordin

Brave Bow base with Bold Fighter refine. Or Brave Bow base with Death Blow refine. Or an enemy-phase Brave Bow with Steady Breath refine.

Kana

Slaying Edge + Bracing Stance or something to that effect. Basically a defensive version of Adrift Corrin. Dull Everything would be nice, too.

How come both Robins got a refine at the same time but not both Kanas? Actually, why are we doing Kana at all? So many units skipped for a dragon that's not even in a bad position.

Was hoping Dorcas or Joshua would get a refine after seeing fellow banner mate Lute get one. I'm glad at least Subaki got one. Don't know what could fix him but here's hoping it's good.

Not really interested in any of the others from this batch to be honest.

I am so angry with Kana, they jumped some gen 1 units to get her a weapon, they could have at least given it to Male Kana too as the Robins did, but noooo he is a grail unit. What annoys me more is that they skipped other dragons like Nowi and Fae that need new weapons (lightning Breath is fine but, having another option like adult Tiki is nice).

A shame, I don't like this as they are putting a mid gen 2 ahead of others which means more gen 2 will come and will slow down older units. Also we have 2 dragons that a lot of people use (Nowi mostly) that will get shafted, kana will get a cool effect while the 2 will get boring refines (at least I believe so). Also when combined with the fact that the new 3-4* do not get new stats it does seem that they are not so FtP friendly when it comes to units, as the good and solid ones are locked behind 5* rating. 

This is the first time in the 3.5 years (I think it is so) of Feh that I am complaining so vocally about something dragon related (and generally have doubts so much I believe/I'd like to believe) 

Edited by SuperNova125

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Lute is Gen 2, so Kana isn't the first one to get this treatment.

But Lute is still Book 1. Kana is the First Book 2 unit to receive a Prf and refinement in an update.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am so angry with Kana, they jumped some gen 1 units to get her a weapon, they could have at least given it to Male Kana too as the Robins did, but noooo he is a grail unit. What annoys me more is that they skipped other dragons like Nowi and Fae that need new weapons (lightning Breath is fine but, having another option like adult Tiki is nice).

A shame, I don't like this as they are putting a mid gen 2 ahead of others which means more gen 2 will come and will slow down older units. Also we have 2 dragons that a lot of people use (Nowi mostly) that will get shafted, kana will get a cool effect while the 2 will get boring refines (at least I believe so). Also when combined with the fact that the new 3-4* do not get new stats it does seem that they are not so FtP friendly when it comes to units, as the good and solid ones are locked behind 5* rating. 

This is the first time in the 3.5 years (I think it is so) of Feh that I am complaining so vocally about something dragon related (and generally have doubts so much I believe/I'd like to believe) 

Both of the Gen 2 units they've done so far are 5*, they might be fast-tracking them to 1) add a "premium" unit to the banner and 2) make them less of a dud to pull. Some early Gen 2 Prfs are underwhelming, and while they fixed the Gen 1 pitybreaker problem they've not done the same for Gen 2. Good news is they are still prioritizing Gen 1 units over Gen 2.

6 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Both of the Gen 2 units they've done so far are 5*, they might be fast-tracking them to 1) add a "premium" unit to the banner and 2) make them less of a dud to pull. Some early Gen 2 Prfs are underwhelming, and while they fixed the Gen 1 pitybreaker problem they've not done the same for Gen 2. Good news is they are still prioritizing Gen 1 units over Gen 2.

That's another way to look at this, that they are fixing current pity-breakers as gen 1 units can't pity-break you on new banners. I just personally hoped that Fae or Nowi were somewhere too as they also need refines, or that they gave the male version the weapon too similar to the Robins as it is a bit unfair and stingy on their part. 

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Lute is Gen 2, so Kana isn't the first one to get this treatment.

Oh yeah, I forgot that she was Gen II.

This is a interested set, it basically confirms they want to have an anchor for each update for people interested in summoning for them. It's a smart decision.

I'm intrigued about Kana's weapon name. I don't know what do you think, but I personally believe it implies the other Kana will get a Moon Darkstone, and it would have a slightly different effect.

Maybe is also the weapon Female Corrin gets?

I'm not expecting Nowi and Fae to get refines soon because they're pretty much universally used in their relatively low rarity, so buffing them wouldn't change anything. But Female Corrin is a different story.

Edited by Troykv

Oooh, Athena. I was hoping she could get one soon since I've been saving a spare Mareeta for her. Depending on what she gets I'll pass either Flashing Blade or Null Follow-Up.

Nothing interesting to me just from looking at the units revealed, but hopefully some of them have a crazy enough refine that I bother 5*ing them to use somewhere.

It makes sense that they add a Book2 and beyond unit per refine update since otherwise they'd go through Book1/Gen1 units even more quickly, which means sooner than later the updates would include mostly 5* exclusive Book2+ units, and would have few/no exciting low rarity units benefiting from the refines.

40 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oooh, Athena. I was hoping she could get one soon since I've been saving a spare Mareeta for her. Depending on what she gets I'll pass either Flashing Blade or Null Follow-Up.

Why not give her both? Summer Ylgr has flashing blade so you can give her flashing blade 3 from Ylgr and from Mareeta FB 4 and Nul Follow-Up 

41 minutes ago, Troykv said:

This is a interested set, it basically confirms they want to have an anchor for each update for people interested in summoning for them. It's a smart decision.

I'm intrigued about Kana's weapon name. I don't know what do you think, but I personally believe it implies the other Kana will get a Moon Darkstone, and it would have a slightly different effect.

Maybe is also the weapon Female Corrin gets?

I'm not expecting Nowi and Fae to get refines soon because they're pretty much universally used in their relatively low rarity, so buffing them wouldn't change anything. But Female Corrin is a different story.

Perhaps since both are infantry dragons and Blue and are Mother-Son they will have the same weapon similar to OG Eliwood and Brave Roy with Durandal. But I am not so sure. 

Edited by SuperNova125

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Why not give her both? Summer Ylgr has flashing blade so you can give her flashing blade 3 from Ylgr and from Mareeta FB 4 and Nul Follow-Up

Oh yeah, I'm definitely considering that. I need to know what Athena will get as a refine first before foddering anything to her. She could get FB3 as an effect and then using up Summer Ylgr just to get FB4 from Mareeta would be kind of a waste.

Thanks for the tip!

27 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh yeah, I'm definitely considering that. I need to know what Athena will get as a refine first before foddering anything to her. She could get FB3 as an effect and then using up Summer Ylgr just to get FB4 from Mareeta would be kind of a waste.

Thanks for the tip!

Nice knowing I helped. 

Seriously hoping Athena's refine is something to help her stand out. It can't just be another Slaying Wo Dao+ or Ogma's Heavy Blade effect, she's probably the most powercreeped unit of her type. Without something really juiced she's not going to be relevant.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Athena

I'm hoping for Wo Dao + Holsety, which would let her run something like Moonbow + Swift Sparrow 3 + Null Follow-Up + Flashing Blade. Basically Mareeta's Shadow Sword, but with Wo Dao's effect instead of Slaying Edge's.

This would be absolutely perfect. This would however give players a cheap Mareeta alternative that they can +10 very easily. I don't see it happening. She'd be one of the best swordies with an effect like this. Highly unlikely.

Subaki

Harmonic Lance base with Spectrum Breath would be nice. He's kind of hard to fix, though, since he's literally a lance flier version of Niles.

Given his high DEF, a refine like this could work. I'm not going to be surprised if they opt with some sort of support effect for fliers or (if x unit is nearby, grants ATK/DEF + X) I don't really care for those refines but he'll probably get something along those lines.

Gordin

Brave Bow base with Bold Fighter refine. Or Brave Bow base with Death Blow refine. Or an enemy-phase Brave Bow with Steady Breath refine.

Too broken. Brave Bow except he basically always quads no matter what? Even then it's kind of overlapping with Klein's effect. A Chill effect plus a -2 SPD penalty and a much higher SPD stat means with the right setup Klein is quadding quite a bit himself. Brave Bow with Death Blow refine is the same, just that Gordin is slower so he's trading damage reliability against all targets for 90% less potential to quad.

The enemy phase Brave Bow is nice though. If they were to give him the Swordhardt effect on his bow with a Breath Refine on EP however that would be pretty sick. Great synergy with Vantage and it makes Close Counter a very attractive A skill on him. Don't see it happening though since we just got a double phase brave bow user in L!Leif. Another one, even without the mount and Galeforce effect would undermine him imo.

Kana

Slaying Edge + Bracing Stance or something to that effect. Basically a defensive version of Adrift Corrin. Dull Everything would be nice, too.

Pretty simple but effective refine. I have no idea what they would give her so I'm all for this, even if Fae would really like it too. (Actually, how about we just give Fae a prf Light Breath with DC as the refine?....)

Speculations for Blue Sword Infantry / Red Lance Flier / Green Bow Infantry / Colorless Dragon Infantry

Athena: You can't go wrong with a buffed-up Wo Dao + anything else (well, anything else non-negative). Flashing Blade or Vassal Blade are the obvious picks here, but something more outlandish (and disappointing) I thought of is a Tactics refine. It'd be more of a thematic pick though.

Subaki: Subaki's Pike isn't helping much here unless he gets an effect that works off a Defense check or a full HP check. Gem effect would be unfortunate with how matchup-based he already is. Honestly it's hard to figure out a better or more fitting suggestion than what Ice gave.

Gordin: If it's not The Brave and the Bold I'd rather he have the conditional Brave effect the other Alteans/Whitewings have. L!Leif getting Meisterbogen makes that unlikely. Besides that I'd like to see a Def-based skill, Def-supporting skills are scarce especially for ranged units.

F!Kana: The Hoshidan/Sun theming has me thinking either a restorative effect or a supportive effect. Hoshido Noble and a lot of other Hoshido-flavored skills in Fates are more geared towards those roles.