General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

Suffering from Success: I need more 3*-4* unit exclusive weapons. i.e. These guys and gals

Spoiler
  • Olivia
  • Draug
  • Bantu
  • Donnel
  • Valbar
  • Gwendolyn
  • Jagen
  • Ross
  • Gunter
  • Cecilia
  • Tanya
  • Setsuna
  • Chad
  • Gaius
  • Wrys
  • Lissa 
  • Azama
  • Nowi
  • Libra
  • Sheena
  • Fae
  • Leon
  • Maria
  • Lachesis
  • Sakura
  • Nanna
  • Serra

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if Ike is going to be on the next refines update. As he is the next resplendent hero, it'll be wise to give him a refine right now.. And a bit frustrating for those who don't buy the pass. 

Though I'm hoping for Narcian, I'm sure it won't be right now.. 

3 hours ago, Metakirby said:

I'm wondering if Ike is going to be on the next refines update. As he is the next resplendent hero, it'll be wise to give him a refine right now.. And a bit frustrating for those who don't buy the pass. 

Though I'm hoping for Narcian, I'm sure it won't be right now.. 

Ike has a DC weapon so I doubt he will be getting a refine soon enough. At shis point I am just waiting for Fae and maybe Cecilia from year one as I have already given up on DC units and staves. 

From year two I wish for Laegjarn as Niu does need some help in my opinion. 

Edited by SuperNova125

@Morgan--Grandmaster The lack of Serra on that list is insulting. Removing the fact that staves don't appear to be getting prfs yet (if ever) and that newer 3-4* units like Ross and Tanya can only be assumed to be at the bottom of the priority list (if on it at all)

• Olivia
  • Draug
  • Bantu
  • Donnel
  • Gwendolyn
  • Jagen
  • Gunter
  • Cecilia
  • Setsuna
  • Gaius
  • Nowi
  • Libra
  • Sheena
  • Fae
  • Leon

Much smaller list. Among it I pretty much am only invested in Fae. Draug, Olivia, Donnel and Cecillia will be interesting though and Jagen/Gunter basically should just get a Prf with 3-4 abilities. With how horrible their stats are, it's completely fair. I was expecting Jakob to acquire something along those lines and not the incredibly lukewarm tray he ended up getting.

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Morgan--Grandmaster The lack of Serra on that list is insulting. Removing the fact that staves don't appear to be getting prfs yet (if ever) and that newer 3-4* units like Ross and Tanya can only be assumed to be at the bottom of the priority list (if on it at all)

• Olivia
  • Draug
  • Bantu
  • Donnel
  • Gwendolyn
  • Jagen
  • Gunter
  • Cecilia
  • Setsuna
  • Gaius
  • Nowi
  • Libra
  • Sheena
  • Fae
  • Leon

Much smaller list. Among it I pretty much am only invested in Fae. Draug, Olivia, Donnel and Cecillia will be interesting though and Jagen/Gunter basically should just get a Prf with 3-4 abilities. With how horrible their stats are, it's completely fair. I was expecting Jakob to acquire something along those lines and not the incredibly lukewarm tray he ended up getting.

I'm so sorry about that. I completely forgot that I randomly 5*-ed my Serra over a year ago; ignorance on my part. I'll update the list in the future.

53 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Jakobs weapon refine is actually really good. It just needs a well synergizing Team.

Yes, Gray!! I have a +3 one that used to be quite useful to me back in the day. Nowadays, he helps me train up the new recruits with sword valor, but I’ll always appreciate the horse slaying he did for me back in Book 2 ❤️

I also love Tobin... I would build him if I didn’t only have one copy. I hope it’s good!

I am not interested in Jaegen, but I am pretty interested in green Olwen’s. I have her at -Atk but she used to put in some work for me back when I first got her.

Jagen is the one here of highest interest to me, both since he's a veteran getting a Prf and because I've +10ed him. God knows where they will go with him, considering he started with a Silver Lance, has some of the highest Res among Gen 1 units (which is pretty good, considering he's a Veteran), and has low Atk, just barely higher than Selena and Subaki who's Prfs have that Atk comparison effect.

hm...

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Poor blue Olwen

Yeah, she'll never get a refine because of her brother. Blue Olwen and blue Reinhardt have the same weapon, and if Olwen got a refine, Rein would too. And we all know Reinhardt is already broken as is.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, she'll never get a refine because of her brother. Blue Olwen and blue Reinhardt have the same weapon, and if Olwen got a refine, Rein would too. And we all know Reinhardt is already broken as is.

Reinhardt is no longer quite as dominating of a force as he once was, so I can see Dire Thunder getting a refine eventually. Lull Spd/Res, for example, benefits Olwen significantly more than Reinhardt, as would something simpler like Darting Blow, Flashing Blade, or Desperation.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reinhardt is no longer quite as dominating of a force as he once was, so I can see Dire Thunder getting a refine eventually. Lull Spd/Res, for example, benefits Olwen significantly more than Reinhardt, as would something simpler like Darting Blow, Flashing Blade, or Desperation.

Are you sure? Because he still wrecks a lot of shit for me. Though I did +10 him and give him Death Blow 4.

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

He wrecks a lot of shit, BUT he isn't as dominant as he used to be.

That still means he doesn't really need a refine because he's still very very good.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That still means he doesn't really need a refine because he's still very very good.

He doesn't need one, but Olwen does. Same as how vanilla Lucina didn't need one, but Chrom did, resulting in a refine that benefited both of them, but Chrom more than Lucina.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He doesn't need one, but Olwen does. Same as how vanilla Lucina didn't need one, but Chrom did, resulting in a refine that benefited both of them, but Chrom more than Lucina.

Well, true, but you never know if a refine to Dire Thunder will still end up benefiting Reinhardt enough to where he's real dominant again.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Well, true, but you never know if a refine to Dire Thunder will still end up benefiting Reinhardt enough to where he's real dominant again.

It's not difficult to just run calculations for match-ups to see how a specific effect would affect Reinhardt.

Green Tome Olwen gets a refine huh. Personally, I think if there are any tome from year 2 that is in need for a refine its Gleipnir and Ivaldi but ah, there's always next month I guess. Will probably still end up refining Thunderhead regardless.

Also, seeing Tobin finally getting a prf weapon gives me hope Marisa will get a prf someday as well.

Edited by NSSKG151

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not difficult to just run calculations for match-ups to see how a specific effect would affect Reinhardt.

Ah, that's good to know then. I'd hate to have more problematic enemies to face than I already do. I still struggle in taking out units like fallen Corrin and fallen Tiki unless I use my best units that pack dragon slaying weapons. 😕

While Gray appeals to be because of his design, none of these units are particularly relevant to me, but they're all interesting refinement choices because of how subpar they are as units.

Tobin and Jagen in particular need to just have completely and utterly busted weapons.

Tobin can have a Killer effect, +4 to all stats if his HP is above 50%, Special Spiral and armor effectiveness.

Jagen can have Distant Ward, Lull ATK/RES 3, and +1 special cooldown if fighting magic or dragons.