General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Bout time to update the list, Othin.

Now that we know Staves are on the table... I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see. If they limit it to just 5* locked staves though, that means Mist and Genny are also up for refines from Book 1. If they wanna stretch it to staves who used to be available at 5*, that'd add in Sakura (who honestly I think will eventually get a refine anyway), Lachesis, Lucius, and Priscilla. If they're extending a refine to ALL staves though... god, so many units I haven't thought about in years...

Yep. Don't forget about Rhajat!

• Red:
    • No prf: Olivia (dancer), Arden (grail)
    • Has prf: Ayra, Joshua (grail)
  • Blue:
    • No prf: Nowi, Azura (dancer), Ninian (dancer)
    • Has prf: Olwen/Reinhardt
  • Green:
    • Has prf: Hector
  • Staves:
    • Rare: Mist, Genny
    • Common: Maria, Wrys, Clarine, Serra, Lissa, Sakura, Azama, Lachesis, Lucius, Priscilla
  • Early Book 2:
    • Red: Chrom, Reinhardt
    • Colorless: Hinoka

I expect the next round of refines to be Nowi, Arden, Chrom, and either Mist or Genny. After that... who knows. I'm guessing in a few months they'll start digging into common staves, Book 2 grail units, and dancers, but who knows what their exact schedule will be. My guess is that DC units will wait until they get through the rest of the non-staff Book 1 units, and Book 2 demotes will wait a ways after that, but who knows.

Once DC units enter the picture, that naturally gets legendary units involved as well, which further complicates things. There's also the question of if they'll ever start including seasonals. In both of those cases, their existing rerun schedules could be relevant.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

While I am a little disappointed that Nowi got skipped again because of Micaiah... I am happy with Elise getting it. I am sure @Landmaster will be very excited for it.

But the thing is... how they will handle these staves?

Back in September we got Veronica as the first staff unit to get a refinement, but her staff already had Wrathful built-in. Elise will receive a prf now.

Will it have Wrathful or Dazzling built-in? Or that will be the refinement options?

For example: I have Elise with Dazzling refinement Gravity+, and Wrathful Staff B Skill. What if her new Elise's Staff has Wrathful Staff in the main effect? Her B skill will have  no use for her anymore if i want to use her new staff.

I am curious to see what will happen.

That's why you gotta have both Inherited on~

IDK what they'll do with the refine~ Do we think they'll keep the Staff as Gravity+ and just give it another effect?

I'll refine it, regardless, but I hope it's as good as Palm Staff. I don't expect it, but I imagine they'll have to make it worth using over the other inheritable Staves

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Now that they're giving (non-CYL) staff units refines, time to save up for Priscilla and Nanna. Hopefully Priscilla is soon.

I would expect 5* exclusive staff units to get refines first. BTW, how much divine dew do you usually save? I almost always have less than 200 because whenever I get more, I end up spending it. 

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I would expect 5* exclusive staff units to get refines first. BTW, how much divine dew do you usually save? I almost always have less than 200 because whenever I get more, I end up spending it. 

Probably, I'd expect Genny to be next. I hope Priscilla is the first 3-4☆ refine, though. I try to save for units I REALLY like or use a lot, but somehow I always end up with 50-100 after each new batch, I keep spending it.

All the refinements are pretty good. The only downside is Elise.

Elise's Staff is good, but too bad if you dont have Dazzling Staff on her. Do you have Wrathful Staff B skill on your Elise? Too bad as well.

This makes me scared about foddering these skills to healers now.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Elise's Staff is good, but too bad if you dont have Dazzling Staff on her. Do you have Wrathful Staff B skill on your Elise? Too bad as well.

Yeah Elise was my main cav healer in FEH for a while, I think until Veronica came out.

I guess it's a sacrifice if more healers could actually get refines though.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

All the refinements are pretty good. The only downside is Elise.

This makes me scared about foddering these skills to healers now.

Yeah, that's frustrating. It's a cool weapon regardless, though.

I have Fae at +10, so I gave her the full upgrade. I haven't been using her much lately, but it looks like a fun weapon.

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yup, and that was me on both counts and as such I just learned Pain+.

However, I happened to have just enough Divine Codes (only 46 leftover) to get the Bunny Bruno manual (and the two before him) and Dazzling Staff for Elise. Sadly, whoever it was I sacked for the Wrathful Staff still died for nothing 

Hm... I think this is the first time there's no "winner" of the refine treatment outside of CYL. Every refine batch has had at least one dud, but this one it's all real good.
...I could be remembering wrong of course...

~I'm glad Micaiah's refine works on both phases. I use mine as a PP Armor/Cav killer instead of a ranged tank.
~Fae has an even better Tactics effect than the Robins, and she doesn't even need to be in a mixed move type team. Not to mention the refine itself...
~Elise could be considered the "loser" only because they gave her an effect that most players already have. But giving her what amounts to a Foxtome for herself and allies is awesome, and the extra Spd is appreciated.

~Vaulter upgraded to straightup Fury 3 on his weapon. He should appreciate the extra stats.

I... might need to +10 Fae now. That weapon is too good to pass up, if you ask me. I've had Elise +10ed too, so she'll appreciate this new weapon.

Edited by Xenomata

It's funny how Valter's base weapon effect is now equivalent to Eldigan's refined weapon effect.

I wonder what they'll do for future staff refines. Genny seems likely to be one of the next ones and should have Dazzling Staff built in, maybe another Gravity variant but with a different stat boost and refine? Mist is the other early 5* exclusive healer, Slow isn't as exciting so they might go a different route.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder what they'll do for future staff refines. Mist is the other early 5* exclusive healer, Slow isn't as exciting so they might go a different route.

Mist I could see getting a pure Spd variation of what Arvis and Saias got for her base effect, as she doesn't really have the Res to run with Sabotage and Chills... these days seem to just be thrown on as a throwaway skill. They could give the staff +3 Res to help trigger a Sabotage effect though...

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Mist I could see getting a pure Spd variation of what Arvis and Saias got for her base effect, as she doesn't really have the Res to run with Sabotage and Chills... these days seem to just be thrown on as a throwaway skill. They could give the staff +3 Res to help trigger a Sabotage effect though...

Huh, yeah, changing to other forms of debuffs is possible.

If they're willing to give Elise a better Sanngridr, I wonder if one of the Panic users will get Aversa's Night. Maria and Priscilla are the two early releases with base Panic, so they seem like the ones to keep an eye on.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

It's funny how Valter's base weapon effect is now equivalent to Eldigan's refined weapon effect.

I wonder what they'll do for future staff refines. Genny seems likely to be one of the next ones and should have Dazzling Staff built in, maybe another Gravity variant but with a different stat boost and refine? Mist is the other early 5* exclusive healer, Slow isn't as exciting so they might go a different route.

And depressing at the same time. Here is hoping they do a mass update on allready old refined weapons on Februar and give them an additional free effect/skill. There are alot that need it, Jaffar, the Askrtrio, Lyn List goes on

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

And depressing at the same time. Here is hoping they do a mass update on allready old refined weapons on Februar and give them an additional free effect/skill. There are alot that need it, Jaffar, the Askrtrio, Lyn List goes on

I think they need to start introducing Skill refines and releasing new prf skills.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I don't expect a mass update, but I could see them revisiting old refines incrementally over time.

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Elise's Staff is the first weapon added in the refinery that grants a Stat Boost, right? It grants Spd+3, and I think we never had this before in a weapon added in a update.

We haven't no. All added weapons before this usually just had one or two effects, almost always reflecting the weapon that they were replacing on the unit.

The closest to a weapon getting a "stat boost" would be Leif's Light Brand getting an additional Special Cooldown -1 effect when given the special refine.

Remember when we said Distant Counter as a weapon refine would be a stupid idea because it would make a lot of people mad?

Well, Elise's refine is that, but way worse. It basically stands to make half of people who invested in Elise mad - because Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff are the most common, premium options for any staff user.

Seriously, they dropped the ball on not giving it the same either Wrathful or Dazzling refine options as inheritable staves, and I hope they don't make that error again.