General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting the opposite. All of the old seasonal units are 5-star exclusives, and they've already shown that they're willing to give Gen 1 5-star-exclusive staff units exclusive weapons. Whether or not it'll come before or after 5-star-exclusive dancers is a toss-up, but I think both will happen eventually, and probably before the end of the year.

At the very least, I think old seasonal units will get exclusive weapons sooner than 4-star staff units simply by virtue of being 5-star-exclusive units.

It will depend in how many they do per month. That part we still don't know how it will work.

If they stay like this month and give us only one seasonal refinement per month... then I will stay with my opinion of only Prf getting refinements.

But if they increase the amount of seasonal refinements in April or in a future update, then I could see that happening.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so much for my laughing at the idea that Valentine's Hector would be next. Hopefully, it's happening alongside a regular Armads refine because otherwise just giving one to Berserk Armads would be very weird and arbitrary on IS's part.

Also, I suppose this means we'll also need to check the notification for Hares at the Fair when that gets re-run to see if it says that Sharena and Catria will also be re-run in May.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It will depend in how many they do per month. That part we still don't know how it will work.

If they stay like this month and give us only one seasonal refinement per month... then I will stay with my opinion of only Prf getting refinements.

But if they increase the amount of seasonal refinements in April or in a future update, then I could see that happening.

While I think it would be unlikely, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if next month gives refines to 3 standard pool units, 1 Grail unit, Valentine Hector, and the entire first spring banner, as that wouldn't even require them to add an extra New Power banner for the spring banner characters.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

While I think it would be unlikely, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if next month gives refines to 3 standard pool units, 1 Grail unit, Valentine Hector, and the entire first spring banner, as that wouldn't even require them to add an extra New Power banner for the spring banner characters.

The Spring Units funny enough not even need to get new sprites in order to get new Prfs, because their weapons designs are already unique to them so they just need to change slightly the name, or something like that xD.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The Spring Units funny enough not even need to get new sprites in order to get new Prfs, because their weapons designs are already unique to them so they just need to change slightly the name, or something like that xD.

Yeah, I'd imagine something similar to Berkut, Clarisse, and Legion, who basically just got recolored versions of their original weapons. Would require super low effort to do.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I'd imagine something similar to Berkut, Clarisse, and Legion, who basically just got recolored versions of their original weapons. Would require super low effort to do.

Yup, there is more effort in coding the effects weapons xd

Update's out, by the way. Don't have all the details, but the highlights seems to be Ishtar getting Swift Sparrow 2.5 + Null Follow-Up, and Lyon getting a conditional (HP >= 70%) guaranteed Follow-up attack.

Ixtj20Em.jpg?1lmqsFrXm.jpg?1VSkZsLOm.jpg?13KGHDwgm.jpg?1OMXZ9Znm.jpg?1

~Well I see they realized that people replaced Ayra's Blade with the Slaying Edge and just built on that. Hell, they flatout dropped the Flashing Blade effect that it originally had because now it's just one hit and charged up. She could go with an EP set or a Desperation-based set on this one...

~Small debuff and... wow, it's literally just QR3. Lyon certainly got a pretty good refine for a Raventome.

~You know I was about to say that this just looks like Hinoka's Warrior Princess, but then I noticed that Nowi can move to any space within 2 spaces of any ally within 2 spaces. That is... huh, that's actually pretty neat, if you ask me. I know it isn't Bladetome, but I'm still gonna grab it cause Nowi ❤️

~Wow they actually made it work with either phase instead of just PP. Ishtar can actually kinda run with her native Vantage... not real well, but she can. She got a good refine for outspeeding the foe overall.

~Ivaldi got... marginally better. I'm not sure this is exactly what people were wanting though...

Edited by Xenomata

These are all good refines. Lol at Ivaldi still getting saddled with that canon def+3 though.

The earlier refines got so fucked over

L'Arachel is interesting I guess? It has anti synergy with Desperation that I have on her, but I guess she wants Lull Atk to capitalize on a bulkier role, that's an expensive skill so I probably have to give her the speed refine. Funny how she has a prf on V!Veronica and something similar to the upcoming Marianne. I think they've done this type of thing before, but I don't remember.

They actually gave Ayra special acceleration and more, I'm surprised! It was the one thing that people always wanted on her.

Edited by LoneStar

Really liking Lyon's. Debuffs with complementary QR. Give him Close Foil and Lull Atk/Res and he'd make for a good green/colorless tank.

I see what they're going for with L'Arachel. The +3 spectrum (including permanent defense) and debuffs could make her bulk decent enough to survive a hit. The healing has great synergy with Push skills. One Brave Lysithea's worth of fodder for Atk/Spd Push 4 and Lull Spd/Res (or use Lull Atk/Res to double down on Ivaldi's bulk) should make her pretty decent. 

Ivaldi isn't amazing but I like it.  It was the refine I was most looking forward to in this update, and I can't say I'm disappointed.  More stats and a solid heal is nice, gives her more potential for a dual phase/EP-focused build which I'm considering now.

Grimoire looks terrifying. I guess Ivaldi is an upgrade over Blarblade for Pawns of Loki, so I'll get it, but I don't expect much out of it. The others are cool but I don't feel a need for them.

Hm... you know, there's no way in hell I could have had the hindsight at the tme to know that Nowi would get a debuff effect that basically was the same as a Foxtome, let alone know that she would get a refine, but now this Foxtome I gave her feels kinda... pointless...

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

For the record, there's an error on Lyon's; the QR effect is like natural QR, only when foe initiates, not multi-phase.

Not gonna lie, didn't even notice that: I just saw the arrow from the Quick Riposte icon and immediately knew of its EP nature.

Edited by Xenomata

Ayra

Complete overhaul of the weapon's base effect. Gains Attack +3 in addition to its original Speed +3. Flashing Blade 3 is replaced with Slaying and Null Special Disrupt. Refine gives all stats +4 and 20% damage reduction from opponent's first attack if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at the start of combat.

I'm surprised she got an additional 3 points of permanent stats. Very nice.

Slaying is a huge bonus to her since it allows her to function on enemy phase, which was a problem she had with Flashing Blade that meant it was usually better to just give her a Slaying Edge+ [Spd]. Null Special Disrupt makes Regnal Astra much more reliable, especially when dealing with all of the pesky green armors with Guard effects. Extra stats and damage reduction is mostly just icing on top of that.

She looks like an excellent candidate for running Spurn + Time's Pulse.

Halloween Nowi

Warp Powder no longer has an HP condition. It also lets her teleport to 2 squares away from an ally instead of just adjacent squares. Gains Atk/Spd +4 with a Unity condition. Refine is Rein Atk/Spd/Res [4] with a range of 3.

She's basically just Kinshi Hinoka now. Excellent.

Lyon

No changes to base effect. Refine is Atk/Res -4 to opponent during combat if his HP is 50% or higher and Quick Riposte 3.

Quick Riposte is nice to get on a weapon, as it opens up his B slot for Guard, Dull Ranged, or a Lull skill. Not terribly fancy, but very nice to have.

Larchel

Base effect's condition is upgraded to when the opponent's HP is 75% or higher instead of 100% and also adds Res +3 on the same condition. Refine uses the same condition and hits the opponent with Atk/Res -5 during combat and adds 7 HP self-healing after combat.

It's overall an effective boost of +5 Atk/Def and +8 Res on a more lenient condition. The self-healing makes it harder to keep Desperation active, which can be a problem because even with the improved bulk, she's still pretty frail, especially on the physical side. It's okay, but not particularly great.

Ishtar

Base effect's condition is changed from player phase to player phase or Solo. Refine adds Atk/Spd +5 on player phase or Solo as well as the half of Null Follow-Up that prevents her follow-up from being blocked.

The Solo condition being added looks like it's trying to make her viable for using her base Vantage, but I don't think anyone's actually going to do that. Null Follow-Up means she can now run Windsweep. Yay. That's cool.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Ayra is without a doubt top tier Spurn tank material now. The only thing she'd notably lack is healing (unless you trade out Regnal Astra for Aether, Sol, or Noontime or equip a Mystic Boost seal). She has the high speed, cooldown reduction, speed boosts from weapon, and a damage reduction built in. And she has what I'm guessing is FE Heroes' version of Nihil (preventing Guard and opposing cooldown acceleration).

It's insane how stacked she is. Perhaps fitting since she was one of the original whale powerhouses.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Seeing Ayra's blade being completely change gives me hope for Owain when he will eventually get his refine.

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

She has the high speed, cooldown reduction, speed boosts from weapon, innate Guard, and a damage reduction built in. And immunity to opposing Guard effects.

No innate Guard. Her weapon blocks enemy skills that boost their Special charge rate to 2, but can't lower it below 1 on its own.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Hell, they flatout dropped the Flashing Blade effect that it originally had because now it's just one hit and charged up.

I did not pay attention and missed that. It would have been redundant for Regnal Astra with it sharing the no special charge manipulation, -1 against the unit or +1 for the foe, like the Creator Sword, but it would have allowed her to be more flexible. That is to say, Galeforce, Miracle, or even a Pavise/Aegis, Shield Pulse build. The latter two are niche, but Killer effect and Flashing Blade at the same time would have been neat. Maybe too neat.

Anyway, unless I'm forgetting something, Ayra's Blade is the first weapon to gain another flat stat boost with it going from Spd+3 to Atk/Spd+3 and it's the second weapon to give flat Atk/Spd increases or increase multiple stats after refined Yato which goes from Darting Blow 2 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2.

Since they both involve speed, Mjolnir working on enemy phase to go with Ishtar's default Vantage is neat. I wonder if that might be how the base effect of Mareeta's Sword will be improved when we eventually get to gen 4. Maybe Lethe's Brazen Cat Fang and Panne's Taguel Fang as well among others with similar effects. In their case, they would go from having a Solo or also works with beast or dragon allies for Panne to a Blow effect, initiating whereas Ishtar gained Solo for another way to activate Mjolnir's effects.

Flying Nino's Giga Excalibur gaining deals damage equal to 20% of her speed and Ingrid showing up with Luin having Darting Blow 3 or when she's within two spaces of an ally for its deals damage equal to 20% of her speed made me wonder if they were going to do that for Ayra or Ishtar. They didn't, but it would have been interesting had Ayra's Blade been Flashing Blade and deals damage = 20% of her speed or Ishtar's Mjolnir been Darting Blow or Solo and deals damage = 20% of her speed.

Also, glad I checked the thread since I was wondering if there was an error for Naglfar's unique refinements. I figured the guaranteed follow-up effect might have been tied to the foe's HP being >= 70% and even also tied to Lyon's HP needing to be >= 50%. Only the foe's HP would be fine, but both his HP and his foe's would have been annoying to juggle. It just being Quick Riposte 3 is fine. Would have been nice had it been QR4 or even QR5 at this point, but whatever.

Ivaldi has a much more lenient HP range, but unfortunately like with Gleipnir, they doubled down on its unique refinements also having the same condition. Any foe below 75% and Ivaldi becomes a glorified Def+3 tome. At least it's not 100% HP anymore.

It's a bit interesting how we had three ranged fliers who were part of weapon updates all end up with a similar effects. Kinshinoka and Halloween Nowi share a 3 spaces in combat debuff unique refinement and Kinshinoka, flying Nino, and Halloween Nowi share the if they are within 2 spaces of an ally, they get Atk/Spd boosts.

Ayra being the third? unit to nullify Guard, -1 special charge, and Blade, +1 special charge, effects after the Byleths and Ishtar gaining partial Null Follow-Up, neutralizing effects that prevent her follow-up attacks, made them definite refines.

Lyon I checked first and I think I'm okay with with confirmation that it's QR3. Would have been nice if it worked on both phases, but whatever. Would also have been nice had he been a non-red mage. Boey and Cecilia can deal with legendary Chrom, but there are no such things as R/G/B Bowbreaker and it's annoying that Bowbreaker and Daggerbreaker for that matter were made to not work on color archers or thiefs. A -breaker is still needed for player phase when necessary, but Lull Atk/Res, Null C-Disrupt, or Dull Ranged for pure anti-ranged would be good.

I don't have Halloween Nowi and don't think I really want to spend dew on Ivaldi yet.

Edit: If anyone wants a visual of Halloween Nowi's movement range now. Assuming it is correct.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If anyone wants a visual of Halloween Nowi's movement range now. Assuming it is correct.

Glad she finally read up on Witches, cause her being Witchy Nowi didn't exactly make much sense until she gained the ability to warp like this.

Makes me look forward to future seasonal refines.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Glad she finally read up on Witches, cause her being Witchy Nowi didn't exactly make much sense until she gained the ability to warp like this.

Makes me look forward to future seasonal refines.

Meanwhile, Sonya and I guess Delthea since they both learn Rewarp.

Anyway, there are some people who are really mad and desperate about Naglfar's typo. Powercreep and getting used to it has definitely ruined some people's expectations.