General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

43 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So here's my top 10 refine wish list (books 1-2):

[SNIP]

I'm still floored over the fact that Azura hasn't gotten a Prf yet despite her prominence in Fates and how many alts she got in Years 1 and 2 and surprised to a lesser extent over Ninian considering her own popularity/ relevance to FE7. Looking at this list I think Sothe fits a similar role to the latter given FE10 too.

On the other hand, he's a guy, so I'm not that surprised he isn't getting that love.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't mention that Spring Sharena or Spring Catria are returning next month in a summoning event, like how they did with Valentine Hector. Maybe they don't want to spoil us about the seasonal refinements?

Anyway, I really wish they did both Spring girls at the same time. They don't have the same weapon... but the effects are almost the same.

They also have type of effect as Gunnthrá, which I hope gets a Remix treatment next month.

For the normal heroes, I hope they don't do Laeatein next month. I am saving for Legendary Claude in May's banner, and the New Heroes with Laevatein would tempt me to summon. Please, IS, save her for after May.

From Book 2, the 5* non Legendary heroes with Prf Weapon that didn't get a refinement yet are:

Zelgius, Fallen Male Robin, Fallen Hardin, Lene, Karla, Maribelle, Flying Olivia, Flora, Ophelia, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Owain, Loki, Kliff, Adrift Male Corrin, Adrift Female Corrin, Adrift Mikoto, Adrift Camilla, Ylgr and Surtr.

From these, the first 3 have DC in their weapons, and 2 are dancers (which IS loves to ignore too).

On 4/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, DefyingFates said:

I'm still floored over the fact that Azura hasn't gotten a Prf yet despite her prominence in Fates and how many alts she got in Years 1 and 2 and surprised to a lesser extent over Ninian considering her own popularity/ relevance to FE7. Looking at this list I think Sothe fits a similar role to the latter given FE10 too.

On the other hand, he's a guy, so I'm not that surprised he isn't getting that love.

He should get that love soon enough. I think we're well over halfway done with Book 2 summon units (just starting grails though).

My predictions for next month are...

Soleil

Libra or Sothe

Maribelle

Jamke

Spring Catria

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

My predictions for next month are...

Soleil

Libra or Sothe

Maribelle

Jamke

Spring Catria

That's an interesting prediction, because not only two 3-4* units on this list, but also jumping to a later Book 2 grail unit.

I would say Gerome has a chance next month, or Fallen Takumi, for the grail unit.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's an interesting prediction, because not only two 3-4* units on this list, but also jumping to a later Book 2 grail unit.

I would say Gerome has a chance next month, or Fallen Takumi, for the grail unit.

My sole prediction involving Takumi is that he'll disappoint. Because we aren't allowed to have nice Takumis (or Leos for that matter).

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

My sole prediction involving Takumi is that he'll disappoint. Because we aren't allowed to have nice Takumis (or Leos for that matter).

Any unit that is simultaneously a final boss and a grail unit is born to disappoint.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Any unit that is simultaneously a final boss and a grail unit is born to disappoint.

Not sure... Ashnard is a pretty good unit.

I still have hopes his refinement will be pretty good, although it will happen in like... 3-4 years?

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

To be fair, Veld was a disappointment in Thracia too.

If anything, he was more disappointing there. If nothing else, Veld’s art in this game is exceptional (and makes him look like Sigma, which I dig) and so is his voice acting.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not sure... Ashnard is a pretty good unit.

I’d say that Nemesis is also decent enough in the same role of a bulky, hard hitting sword.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

To be fair, Veld was a disappointment in Thracia too.

If anything, he was more disappointing there. If nothing else, Veld’s art in this game is exceptional (and makes him look like Sigma, which I dig) and so is his voice acting.

I’d say that Nemesis is also decent enough in the same role of a bulky, hard hitting sword.

Yeah, I'd agree. Heroes Veld has great art, great voice acting, and better abilities than in his base game. I'd be delighted by his implementation even if it wasn't already exceeding expectations for him to show up at all.

I'm worried about the refines for the Adrift units, especially Camilla. Not only is her weapon bad all of her skills can be found on 4* and grail units, in contrast to the other Adrift alts. I hope they give her a decent refine to justify her continued existence in the 5* pool (Quan at the very least has a high scoring rally)..

Edited by UNLEASH IT

On 4/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, UNLEASH IT said:

I'm worried about the refines for the Adrift units, especially Camilla. Not only is her weapon bad all of her skills can be found on 4* and grail units, in contrast to the other Adrift alts. I hope they give her a decent refine to justify her continued existence in the 5* pool (Quan at the very least has a high scoring rally)..

Camilla has a "Fox Bond" tome, which inflict -4 on foe if she is adjacent to someone. I can see they changing it to "if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally or if unit initiates combat", or just remove the condition for the debuffs, since Male Morgan can do it without any conditions already. Changing the base effect from a "-4 to foe" to a "-4 to foes within 2 spaces" (aka a Rein effect) would be pretty good... or even 3 spaces, since it would also give her a role as support.

Since the Corrins share weapons, they will get the same refinement. Draconic Rage also needs an update in the condition... maybe just having an ally within 2 spaces instead of comparing the number of allies to the number of enemies.

That's just for the base effect. The refinements... I have no idea. IS likes to surprise us.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since the Corrins share weapons, they will get the same refinement. Draconic Rage also needs an update in the condition... maybe just having an ally within 2 spaces instead of comparing the number of allies to the number of enemies.

Hm, they have kinda dropped the whole "comparing the number of nearby allies to nearby enemies" condition a while ago. These days it's either just be near an ally or don't be right next to them.

Really hope they update all the inevitable weapon refines that demand that, Walhart for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool for people that wanted these refines, but for me all I see are Finn and Canas prfs pushed back another month.  

Also, call me when they give old healers the prfs they deserve.  

Ragnell, Alondite, Raijinto, Siegfried, and Gradivus are finally getting their refines, for a total of 9 units, 3 of which are Grail units and 2 of which are Legendary Heroes, leaving a standard 4-character New Power banner.

It looks like this was timed specifically to coincide with Legendary Ryoma's Remix.

My hopes and predictions, I suppose:

Ragnell (Ike, Legendary Ike)

Ragnell in Path of Radiance granted Def and had Fortune built in, which drops the opponent's critical rate to zero.

Guard sounds like a reasonable effect to give the weapon given that both versions of Ike with Ragnell already have a skill that boosts Special charge rate, but I'm going to be optimistic and also add in "Null Special Modification" like Creator Sword.

Also throw in a stat boost because every weapon and their mothers get one nowadays.

Alondite (Black Knight, Zelgius)

Alondite in Path of Radiance was identical to Ragnell. However, I think it will get a different refine due to the fact that Zelgius has Warp Powder, and the developers seem to be at least trying to make it worth running exclusive skills by removing the opportunity cost.

Activating Black Luna on every round of combat requires 1 extra Special charge, so the refine effect needs to at minimum be Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, Special Fighter, or something similar in order to make it worth running Warp Powder. Perhaps a bit overly optimistic, but Guard + Special charge rate boost on own attacks + guaranteed follow-up would be ideal.

Raijinto (Ryoma, Legendary Ryoma)

Raijinto in Fates granted Atk when in the unit's possession. Otherwise, its only notable feature is its 1-2 range, which is already represented by Distant Counter. Ryoma's personal skill in Fates is Bushido, which increases his critical rate, increases his damage dealt, and decreases his damage taken.

Literally all it needs is Slaying, and I'm hoping that what it gets. Anything else on top of that is just icing on the cake. A boost to Special charge rate would also work, but would be inferior since it would be easier to shut down. As Bushido II in Heroes already covers the increased damage dealt and decreased damage taken from Fates's Bushido, the Slaying effect would correspond to the increased critical rate.

Siegfried (Xander)

Siegfried in Fates granted critical evade and Def when in the unit's possession. Its only other notable feature is its 1-2 range, which is already represented by Distant Counter. Xander's personal skill in Fates is Chivalry, which increases his damage dealt and decreases his damage taken when the opponent is at full health.

Like Ragnell, I think Guard is likely to be part of the refine effect due to Siegfried's effect in Fates. A boost to Atk and Def when the opponent has high HP is also likely, but I think this refine will be on the tame side because it's currently restricted to a Grail unit, and a future Legendary Xander is likely to be given Bolverk instead of Siegfried (lest the curse of the sword cavalry Legendaries continues).

Gradivus (Camus, Fallen Hardin)

Gradivus in Shadow DragonNew Shadow DragonNew Mystery, and Awakening all had the ability to be used to restore HP. In Echoes, it had Renewal. In Mystery, it had Paragon, which is irrelevant here.

I expect a healing effect of some sort, whether at the start of the turn (e.g. Renewal), after combat (e.g. Mystic Boost), or on attack (e.g. Sol Lance). Otherwise, because the original source games didn't have skills, and the newer games didn't give it any new properties, pretty much anything is fair game for additional effects.

A stat boost of some kind is likely, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Wow, what!? All of the early dc weapons?! At the same time?

Does Dorcas count as early? Because he certainly isn't here for some reason.

Anyways, still no Soleil so 0/10.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like this was timed specifically to coincide with Legendary Ryoma's Remix.

If they repeat this with Grima when their Legendary version gets Remixed, my cry of ecstasy will shake the entire eastern seaboard.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Does Dorcas count as early? Because he certainly isn't here for some reason.

Anyways, still no Soleil so 0/10.

Dorcas, Fjorm, and Grima are the ones missing from late book 1 / early book 2.

Most of these were from early book 1, the only real exception is Alondite to pair with Ragnell.

The plus side is that when Fjorm gets her refine, it will probably be another month with more than 4 refines. This being because she's unlikely to be on the NP Banner, due to being legendary. For example, if we later get another DC refine set, it may look like Grima (Banner), L Grima, Dorcas (Banner), Fjorm, and 1-2 others for the banner.

Before this gen 1 plus shared users Distant Counter dump, I would have figured maybe Gunnthra would have been part of this weapon update. It would make sense for a legendary remix to also be accompanied by a weapon update and that prior to this notification, Fjorm, vanguard Ike, and legendary Ryoma were excluded because of their Distant Counter weapons.

Well, Distant Counter weapons are on the board now. The weird thing is why they didn't say anything during the FEH Channel. It could have continued off of the section for legendary Ryoma and it's pretty huge partly because of the shared users.

That just leaves Dire Thunder, refresh units, non-5* healers, and seasonal units without prf weapons. Also, Hector I guess, but at this point, they might be considering Berserk Armads as his default weapon.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

lest the curse of the sword cavalry Legendaries continues

Surprise! Baldr, Hezul, Roland, or whoever as sword mythics with the same stat spreads as Hrid, Seliph, and Sigurd. The curse not only will continue, but it will expand.

Edited by Kaden

Fandom: “Distant Counter refines are never happening.”

IntSys: “Hold my beer.”

This certainly is a welcome surprise. Interested particularly in what Xander gets.

Okay I'm just as pleased as everyone else that we're getting DC weapon refines, but if I'm honest, this kinda feels like ripping the bandaid off. With sandpaper.
I mean, this update is literally all DC weapons. And of course all but one of them have two wielders, so we're getting 9 refined units total (as well as the first Legendary refines... technically). Three of the units are Grail units, throw that onto the pile. The New Power banner is gonna suck for anyone hoping to summon for one unit not named Hardin...

In the past they've mostly trickled out refines for a certain type of weapon (I guess there was that time with all the Falchions), but doing it this way... they better know what they're doing. I guess this also means that Hector's Armads now doesn't have any good reason not to be refined, about the only thing holding it back was Hector having DC by default...