General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Fury will eventually become a seal. If they did what you suggest he could eventually run Fury 3 as a seal with Fury 4 in the A slot. That's +13 to all stats and 26 recoil damage per combat.

A +0 Barst would 45 ATK, 45 SPD, 43 DEF and 30 RES.

Hm... come to think of it, it's not that impressive given powercreep. Or the fact that the stat difference is not that huge and he would be virtually worthless after the first round of combat. Yeah, give it to him, it's fine.

I mean, we already have vanilla Celica, who, with maximum stacking of Brazen Atk/Spd, can get +28 Atk and +29 Spd.

Also, his stats look significantly less impressive if you get rid of the stats from his passive skill slots, which literally every non-staff unit in the game would also be able to run and look just as impressive. With only 39 Atk, 38 Spd, 36 Def, and 23 Res with just his weapon (minus the 16 Mt), his stats are much closer to those of modern melee infantry, and he gets no additional benefits from his weapon (aside from recoil damage).

Astram, for example, would be only 5 HP, 1 Atk, 2 Spd, and 2 Res behind him in stats with their weapons equipped, but he automatically buffs himself with +4 to all stats at the beginning of each turn. Osian would be 7 HP, 4 Atk, 2 Spd, and 3 Def behind him (and 4 Res ahead), but has the Slaying effect and Distant Counter on his weapon.

A double Fury weapon would certainly make Barst legitimately scary, but it wouldn't be out of line with other units.

But it would also mean RIP Arthur.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited for Morgan! I wonder if she'll get a tome version of Faye's bow...given the name I hope she doesn't just get Tactical Bolt. That'd be pretty dull.

I must say, I'm upset Lyon got passed over again, especially with today's Meet the Heroes update.

P.S. Remember when everyone thought Audhulma granting Res+5 instead of +3 was powercreep? How far we've come xD

Edited by DefyingFates

Never going to be able to spare enough Barsts to make refining his weapon worthwhile methinks. Laslow, well hopefully he can find a niche, or at least get a usable sans-refine version of his new weapon for my olde 4*+10 purposes. Jakob I imagine no chance of being my first fully merged grey unit.

If female Morgan can get a refine, can't male Morgan get one too? I mean, sure, he has a prf already, but characters who already had prfs got refines in the past. 😕

Barst's weapon is intriguing though. Devil axe, huh? I'm guessing that's going to have built-in Fury or something, because don't devil weapons damage the user?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If female Morgan can get a refine, can't male Morgan get one too? I mean, sure, he has a prf already, but characters who already had prfs got refines in the past. 😕

Barst's weapon is intriguing though. Devil axe, huh? I'm guessing that's going to have built-in Fury or something, because don't devil weapons damage the user?

I have a feeling he might be his turn in a few months. There seem to be adding a gen 2 unit along the gen 1 (like Kana).

They do but only in Three Houses has recoil has some kind of drawback for using this weapon. For the other games, devil weapons have a % chance to inflict the damage of what the unit would do to the user themself instead of the enemy.

Just now, Nym said:

I have a feeling he might be his turn in a few months. There seem to be adding a gen 2 unit along the gen 1 (like Kana).

They do but only in Three Houses has recoil has some kind of drawback for using this weapon. For the other games, devil weapons have a % chance to inflict the damage of what the unit would do to the user themself instead of the enemy.

Yeah, but it feels weird that the Robins got their refines together, but the Morgans didn't and the Morgans are the Robins' children. Still, yeah, at least I can probably expect male Morgan to get one eventually.

And I see, interesting.

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

I don't like that Jakob got a joke weapon. I get that he's a butler, but still.

It’s based off his actual weapon in Fates, same design too! I suspect it will have similar effects in Heroes.

It's amusing that Barst is getting something. I mean he was always gonna, but it's still kinda funny because of his Reposition fodder assignment.

Other than that, I can't seem to get excited for the weapon refines. I waited a year for Rebecca and she was done dirty, and now it all feels...meh.

Anyway, this is a very welcome set of refines. All of these characters need it, and I've been wanting to see a Barst refine for a while.

(Unfortunately, being a Devil Axe all but guarantees a Fury effect. RIP.)

Anyway, refines I really want to see:

Sigurd - I've got a +10 Sigurd out of pure favoritism. But Divine Tyrfing hasn't aged that well.

Female Corrin - we could use some more dragonstone refines, and she needs one much more than Nowi does.

Sothe - Good for his class, but could use a boost.

Draug, Gwendolyn, & Sheena - How about some armor refines?

I don't like that Jakob got a joke weapon. I get that he's a butler, but still.

It's really not a joke weapon, all the weapons in Fates named after a character are actually decently viable for something... besides Takumi's Shinai or Niless Bow, but OTHERWISE they are.

Like I said earlier, Jakob's Tray is a modified Silver Dagger with lower Might and modified other stats, Def +4, and differing debuffs.

Felicia's Plate is also one of these weapons, and it was a Magic Dagger that could crit and trigger offensive skills (which magic weapons in Fates like the Flame Shuriken normally cannot do) in exchange for low might, which made Felicia as a maid an actually potent threat due to her horrendous Str but VERY good magic.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It's really not a joke weapon, all the weapons in Fates named after a character are actually decently viable for something... besides Takumi's Shinai or Niless Bow, but OTHERWISE they are.

Like I said earlier, Jakob's Tray is a modified Silver Dagger with lower Might and modified other stats, Def +4, and differing debuffs.

Felicia's Plate is also one of these weapons, and it was a Magic Dagger that could crit and trigger offensive skills (which magic weapons in Fates like the Flame Shuriken normally cannot do) in exchange for low might, which made Felicia as a maid an actually potent threat due to her horrendous Str but VERY good magic.

Our definition of joke weapon is different. You are defining it by whether or not it is viable. I am referring to tone.

The daikon radish is a joke weapon on both fronts. The plate and the tray are not joke weapons in terms of performance, but they are in terms of tone. And I'd argue that's fine for Felicia, who is more comedic. But Jakob really isn't; give the man something sharp and murdery. 

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's amusing that Barst is getting something. I mean he was always gonna, but it's still kinda funny because of his Reposition fodder assignment.

Yeah. I got +Atk and +Spd copies saved up. However, merging him would be a problem if he turns out to have a pretty bonkers Weapon. I think I only have 2 Manuals of him left due to being frequent fodder.

6 hours ago, Thane said:

I hope Morgan's new refine isn't just a fancy version of the +4 to all stats Tactics tome that the Robins have. I'd like as powerful of a refine as F!Kana's.

As a flying tank, I want Dull/Lull, Guard, Quick Riposte, or some combination of those on her Weapon. Iote's Shield would be nice too for players who want to turn her into a super tank, so they can run something else on the Sacred Seal slot.

Personally, I want a Player Phase Weapon though to take advantage of her high mobility, although I guess it does not really matter since I can always default back to Blárblade.

I'd really like to see the following Sigurd/Seliph refine:

Divine Tyrfing (Old):

Res +3

Reduces damage fro magic foe's first attack by 50%.

Divine Tyrfing (New):

Res +3

Reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%. Reduces damage taken from Area of Effect specials by 50%.

Skill Refine:

Accelerates Special Trigger (Cooldown Count -1)

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Other than that, I can't seem to get excited for the weapon refines. I waited a year for Rebecca and she was done dirty, and now it all feels...meh.

I know how you feel. I waited so long for Frederick myself and he got completely shafted here. I've just lost faith in refines...

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I know how you feel. I waited so long for Frederick myself and he got completely shafted here. I've just lost faith in refines...

I'm hoping she gets some seasonal variant down the line like Frederick did, maybe I could +10 that one for a better result. Either that or Wil makes his way to the game, I like him as much as her.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm hoping she gets some seasonal variant down the line like Frederick did, maybe I could +10 that one for a better result. Either that or Wil makes his way to the game, I like him as much as her.

She might, yeah. I hope Frederick gets another alt myself. His current one is outdated now, even if I still love using him when I can. lol Can't waste all that effort I made to +10 him and fill his set with premium skills like Swift Sparrow 3 after all.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

She might, yeah. I hope Frederick gets another alt myself. His current one is outdated now, even if I still love using him when I can. lol Can't waste all that effort I made to +10 him and fill his set with premium skills like Swift Sparrow 3 after all.

Yeah, I feel the same with Rebecca. Got her to +10 and she runs Guard Bow + Distant Defense really well, I get use out of her. Just wish that refine was better.

Divine Tyrfing (Old):

Res +3

Reduces damage fro magic foe's first attack by 50%.

Divine Tyrfing (New):

Res +3

Reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%. Reduces damage taken from Area of Effect specials by 50%.

Skill Refine:

Accelerates Special Trigger (Cooldown Count -1)

I was thinking of a good Sigurd refine for the past few days but sadly I disagree with yours. First of all why give Sigurd the slaying effect as the refine? It is too common and boring. 

Secondly, remember his B skill crusader ward? It reduces the second hit of the enemy by 80% if the enemy his consecutively. 

I would give him a Brave Ike like refine where the enemy can attack Sigurd twice if they initiate on him to make better use of his prf skill. I agree with the rest of your post though. Sigurd becomes an even better tank than Ike which is justified because he has slightly less stats than Brave Ike and is weak to cavalry effective weapons. 

19 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hopefully Ivaldi and Beloved Zofia eventually get refines

I know Ivaldi is worse than Gleipnir because it grants +3 Def for some reason, but it'd be nice for the latter to get a refine at the same time.

Until then, Morgan's new weapon is a pleasant surprise I'm really looking forward to! Still waiting for Naglfar though...