General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

Interesting... Myrrh before Fae? That's ok. And I am happy for my boy Donny.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Interesting... Clarisse's Bow is being turned into Sniper's Bow...

Gives me some hope for a cool Legion refine at least.

He may be named something like "Assassin's Axe".

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another month waiting for Fae's refine. What at least gives me hope is that because of how much it is delayed it will be really good (as far as I am concerned a copy of Gwendolyn's weapon would be perfect but anything would be great). 

However, Myrrh also deserved one since she is a 5* exclusive and her weapon may be good, but nowadays it is falling behind a bit. Something like refined Gleipnir would be great as great flame would be a small Zephyr breath. Stopping follow ups, penalty nulification and the penalties on the enemy would reduce reduce damage, increase her damage and help activate the base effect. Another idea would be making the Def difference smaller like 2 or 1 and the refine would grant a follow up for the same def difference along with Iote's Shield. 

Don't care that much about the rest. 

Another Sacred Memories AND GHB refine but still no Lyon, huh? One day...

In all seriousness though, I'm really looking forward to Myrrh and Clarisse. The latter was fairly useful in my early days, so it'll be nice to see what she gets (hopefully something good)!

But yeah, it is odd that Myrrh gets a refine before some Year 1 Dragons even get a Prf.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He may be named something like "Assassin's Axe".

You know... he is an assassin, but he really doesn't strike me as an assassin...

Maniac Axe? Masked Axe? Axe of the Legion?

@DefyingFates What's even weirder is that Myrrh isn't an underrated unit whatsoever. I mean yeah stronger and stronger Green Dragons are released every few banners, but Myrrh herself is still a potent dragon if and only because she shuts down follow-up attacks so easily (mine at +4 with +Atk and FortDef/Res3 has 44, which is still higher than most units), and her weapon still has the Adaptive damage flag all Breaths have (unlike old unforged Breaths). I still see legit frightening Myrrhs in the arena sometimes.

Probably some form of conditional Distant Counter? Maybe providing some form of Def Wave or Joint Hone Def, so she can get her Def up higher without outside support?

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I suppose I'll get Myrrh's refine by default. I still use her and her base weapon is still totally fine to be honest, but an upgrade is an upgrade even if it ends up underwhelming.

Donnel might be interesting. I will note that more than three years on, he's still the highest BST lance infantry in the 3-4* pool ...y'know, out of three of them. That's just insane and borderline indefensible.

In fairness, that's reflective of a problem with the FE franchise as a whole. That being that playable lance infantry are stupidly rare.

There are a few less popular characters they could add and demote for that role, like Devdan/Danved and Aran, but lance infantry is right up there with axe cavalry as one of the least populated unit types in canon. In fact, I think there might be more axe cavalry in canon.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

You know... he is an assassin, but he really doesn't strike me as an assassin...

Maniac Axe? Masked Axe? Axe of the Legion?

You are probably right.

Clarisse's full title is "Sniper in the Dark", so that's why her weapon is called Sniper's Bow.

Legion's full title is "Masked Maniac", so Maniac's Axe fits. 

Berkut: Prideful Prince could get the Prideful Lance, I guess?

Well Myrrh will get hers right away, I just hope it doesn't have DC built in since I gave her DC and I will be mad if that ends up being a waste of rare (for me) fodder.

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well Myrrh will get hers right away, I just hope it doesn't have DC built in since I gave her DC and I will be mad if that ends up being a waste of rare (for me) fodder.

Haha. I preferred to give her skills in her A slot that buff her defense even higher (namely Sturdy Stance 4), so Distant Counter would be pretty damn useful for me. However I also hope they don't give it to her because, while useful, it'd be rather boring.

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Haha. I preferred to give her skills in her A slot that buff her defense even higher (namely Sturdy Stance 4), so Distant Counter would be pretty damn useful for me. However I also hope they don't give it to her because, while useful, it'd be rather boring.

boring = good. imo

if they gave her DC (I don't think they would)
I'd murder my Surtr for her (for now), so she can have extra def and the guard effect, then give her a Stance 3 Skill to make her stupidly tanky. 

59 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'd murder my Surtr for her (for now), so she can have extra def and the guard effect, then give her a Stance 3 Skill to make her stupidly tanky. 

Sturdy Stance is better though. It is 2 less Def, but you get 6 more Atk and you get to keep the Guard effect.

I wish they would let staff units inherit Steady Stance 4 though, so the skill is not completely outclassed.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sturdy Stance is better though. It is 2 less Def, but you get 6 more Atk and you get to keep the Guard effect.

I wish they would let staff units inherit Steady Stance 4 though, so the skill is not completely outclassed.

if i had sturdy stance, i'd give it to her. i don't. 

So Myrrh is the next Gen 2 unit to receive a refine so can L'Arachel or Marisa be the next character from Sacred Memories to get a refine? But really I'm hoping FH!Celica's Beloved Zofia is the next to receive a refine. It wasn't really that good back then and it and it looks even worse compared to the sword prf we see today.

Nice to see Draug get a refine. Maybe I will actually build him now instead of using him as ward armor fodder. Hopefully Sheena is next month to round off the gen 1 armors who didn't have a prf.

So the refines I want most right now:

Sigurd/Seliph

Divine Tyrfing 

Res +3

Reduces the damage of foe's first attack by 50%.

Reduces damage of AoE specials by 80%.

Effect Refine:

All of unit's attacks occur before foe's attack.

(It's not quite a dual phase brave effect, because it doesn't give you extra attacks. It's more like dual-phase Vantage that can have you double first, if you're fast enough or are using Quick Riposte/Brash Assault.)

OG Hector

Armads

QR2 -> Vengeful Fighter 3

Effect Refine (One of the Following):

Slaying

Guard 3

Sturdy Stance

Bracing Stance

Distant Defense

Sothe

Peshkatz

Refine Effect - If unit is within 2 spaces of 2 allies with more than +10 total stat bonuses, unit gains +4 Atk/Spd during combat and unit attacks twice.

(Effectively makes Sothe a ranged but somewhat more situational alternative Laslow).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

If Draug gives himself extra movement in some way, shape, or form, he's going to be my next +10.  Throw in something that jacks his Atk and I'm sold.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Setsuna is our last book 1 archer, how exciting!

I hope we get a bow as hiiiiigh as her..

I'll see myself out

Edited by Karimlan

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If Draug gives himself extra movement in some way, shape, or form, he's going to be my next +10.  Throw in something that jacks his Atk and I'm sold.

Unconditional Armor March/Armored Boots would definitely be nice. Giving it to allies would be amazing too.

Gentle Sword: Mt 11
Unit attacks twice (even if foe initiates combat). Unit deals additional damage = total bonuses and penalties on unit and foe.

Refinement:
At start of turn, unit and armored allies within 3 spaces can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.)

20 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

On one hand, giving her DC would be a great boon for those who couldn't afford the A Slot version.

On the other...I'm in the exact same position as you and I feel kinda guilty for feeling that way xD

But aside from the CYL Heroes we haven't really seen many huge refines like that, so she'll probably some sort of Def-oriented refine.

@Jotari and @DefyingFates I know I am being bad hoping that, but I think her refine can still be really good without it.  I just get a bit worried when they give refines to units I have built up with expensive fodder because if their weapon is really good, but it can't use my original build I feel like I wasted that fodder since I am for the most part F2P. 

When did we get the CYL1 refines? I can't remember exactly. Do you guys think we'll get CYL2 refines on the same month this year that we got the CYL1 last year (or at all)? 

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

When did we get the CYL1 refines? I can't remember exactly. Do you guys think we'll get CYL2 refines on the same month this year that we got the CYL1 last year (or at all)? 

CYL 1 refines was on September 2019. I would expect to have CYL 2 refinements during the same time, but I am still not sure.

IntSys is giving us 1 Book 2 unit per month. And they are giving it to early Book 2 units as well (Female Kana being the farthest we got in Book 2)... but it's possible to have 4 mid-to-late Book 2 refinements in the same update.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I dont see CYL2 refines happening very soon. I mean i would welcome them for sure and want them, but it would create a twist:
We havent had a single stave unit refine/personal weapon and Veronica would then be the 1. one to get one. That means the gates are open for stave personal weapon/refines.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont see CYL2 refines happening very soon. I mean i would welcome them for sure and want them, but it would create a twist:
We havent had a single stave unit refine/personal weapon and Veronica would then be the 1. one to get one. That means the gates are open for stave personal weapon/refines.

I guess it is a matter of time before we get staff Refines, but waiting until AOTB!Veronica gets a Refine feels kind of long. If they make us wait that long, I hope they are going to give them something bonkers, like Sabotage Pain or Sabotage Gravity without stat check requirements.