General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I can start 4* Merging Setsuna now, maybe if her refine is that good I might consider 5* Merging her. I guess those 2 Shiros I got the other day was the harbinger for his refine. It better be something good to justify cock-blocking me from getting Ingrid twice. Maybe some type of Spectrum tier 4 stance.

Cecilia was one of my first +10s and I use her all the time in AR, so I've really been looking forward to this. This finishes the early non-healer colorless units and leaves Fae as the only early green without one, so hopefully she's next since I have her at +10 as well.

Tana and Dancer Ryoma as the 5* manuals are both nice. Tana can pass Guidance onto Naesala, I've been wanting him to get that into his C slot but I merged my first two Tanas and fed the third to Aversa. Ryoma will be food for Winter Jaffar, that armor-slaying dagger seems like it'll be really helpful in the arena for fighting stuff like Winter Sothis and Fallen Tiki.

Escape Ladder getting a 5th level is also great, although I'm low on stones so I won't be able to get it right away.

...Sneering Axe? What kind of name is...

Ah whatever. Legion is the one of the batch I'm most interested in, considering my +10ing him. His Legion's Axe has the Panic+ effect on it, so there's a chance he could get an upgraded version of that like Clarisse did when going from Clarisse's Bow to Sniper's Bow.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...Sneering Axe? What kind of name is...

Ah whatever. Legion is the one of the batch I'm most interested in, considering my +10ing him. His Legion's Axe has the Panic+ effect on it, so there's a chance he could get an upgraded version of that like Clarisse did when going from Clarisse's Bow to Sniper's Bow.

I saw a comment saying that it looks like Sneering Axe has Legion's mask design on the head of it. Guess that's where the "sneering" comes from. I wonder what the Japanese name for Sneering Axe is. Now I'm wondering who is going to get Immortal Axe if anyone will ever get it since Legion is the one who has it when he's playable as otherwise, it's a random weapon that appears.

Effect-wise, the same or a stronger version of its Panic Smoke effect makes sense for the base effect or one of them. The unique refinement or a second base effect, no idea. It seems that Legion does have a Hand Axe every time he appears and he does have a Killer Axe on Chapter 10x. I doubt they would give him a Distant Counter axe considering his defenses aren't really made for being an enemy phase unit, but a Killer effect and Panic Smoke could be a thing for its base effects. If they go with Immortal Axe's effects then it could have an effect like that of Beloved Zofia's unique refinement, Runeaxe's, and Virtuous Tyrfing's 7 HP heal per hit or Sol Lance's 10 HP heal per hit effect with or without some other condition or effect related to it, a heal X HP after combat effect, Solar Brace effect, or probably worst case Renewal 3 or Recover Ring. The whole sneering thing makes me think that it could end up with Panic and Pulse Smoke or some other Smoke effect.

Cecilia not having Aircalibur is interesting. I figured Aircalibur also having a -raven effect, so a -raven with effective damage against fliers tome, could have been fine if they wanted her to have Aircalibur, but also keep her Gronnraven's effect as well. This puts her in a similar situation as Legion where I have no idea who is going to end up with Aircalibur since she's the only one who has it by default as otherwise, you have to find or buy it. Tome of Order could have the same effects, though, as Aircalibur or the idea of it being a -raven tome with effective damage against fliers. I saw a comment I think on the FEH subreddit and someone mentioned perhaps jokingly that Tome of Order could be like Altena's Earthly Gae Bolg where it has a stronger Lull effect, probably Lull Atk/Res or even Lull Spd/Res, but it doesn't work against armors to reference Cecilia being defeated by Zephiel. Atk/Res-5 or Spd/Res-5 and negating those buffs would still be good even if it doesn't work against one movement type and a movement type that is usually bulky. A Lull for a unique refinement in general would be good as well allowing her to run a different B passive. And then there's the idea of let's make her green Reinhardt and give her a green Dire Thunder. Slap on effective damage against fliers and/or a -raven effect as well for shits and giggles.

Shiro at this point with what the previous weapon update gave to Berkut and Sheena as having the activation effect as Balmung makes me feel like they should straight up give Bright Naginata the same effect as Balmung for its refined effect: "If foe initiates combat or if foe's HP = 100% at start of combat, neutralizes penalties on unit and grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to unit during combat." At the very least the Spectrum Stance part since unlike Berkut and Sheena, Shiro can make use of and would probably want the speed and weirdly with what happened to Sheena, he also appreciates the boost in the resistance that she didn't get. If they really must make his weaker because he's not a new unit, then he should keep the penalty neutralization if the Spectrum Stance drops to +4 or even +3. The unique refinement could be the or involve penalty neutralization or bonus neutralization like a Lull or even Dull All as with Sharena's refined Fensalir's effect or incorporate his Noble Cause personal skill from Fates.

Setsuna is a creature. Her Yumi involving traps could be a thing, so Disarm Trap, but then it would need probably need two base effects if Disarm Arm trap is one of them or the unique refinement because if Disarm Trap is all that is on her Yumi, then she would be the only unit with a weapon or skill that only works in one mode. Both Duma's Upheaval and Mila's Turnwheel have an effect that works only in Aether Raids, but they also have a different effect that is universal. Could you imagine if Setsuna's Yumi was just: "14 Mt. Effective against flying foes. While attacking in Aether Raids, if unit ends movement on a space with a Bolt Trap or a Heavy Trap, cancels trap's effect." Regardless of what the unique refinement is and how good it would be, she would be forced to refine her weapon for it to not be a glorified Silver Bow+ which is awful. It would be even worse if the unique refinement was AR-O or AR-D.

FINALLY my waifus Cecilia and Setsuna are getting their long awaited refines I'm so happy! I still use my +10 +Atk Cecilia so I'm looking forward to the boost. Hope Tome of Order has either a lul effect like Atk/Res or Res/Spd or a brave effect maybe under right conditions. Setsuna's Yumi will probably be how it was in her game giving debuffs to enemies. I personally hope it also has a brave effect for her high speed. Legion is one I'm interested in so I gotta see on what they do for him I'm predict some kinda boost to him base on penalties on foes or ignores penalties on him. Shiro I don't use but do have from pity breakers so I'm interested to see what they give him not expecting anything drastic but something that improves his Bright Naginata.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

No interest in the other three units, so hopefully Cecilia doesn't break my heart. And perhaps the thing I'm most looking forward to is finding out where they go from here. I've always been super reluctant to use Dew on any low- or unmerged units but what happens next will be pretty instructive on how valuable Dew is going forward.

Edited by Humanoid

Another thing I also like when characters get Tome Prfs is the spell animations they cast always one of the best parts to refines besides the added effect. I hope they don't go lazily with Cecilia's Tome of Order and paste an already existing animation like Excalibur/Dark or Iris Tome/Winds of Silesse since its gonna be a wind base attack. Hopefully it's unique like Winds Brand, Eternal Tome and the unique Tomes Mae and Boey got. I'm very confident it will since every NEW refine prf(not alternate options) were unique!

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

I use her as a TA-Raven tank in AR, so I just want something that improves on her existing effect.

Edited by Othin

Looking from the lore perspective, Cecilia's most noteable moment is her getting pawned by Zephiel. But she survives that encounter and is playable in the following map, so some kind of Seliph type miracle effect would be appropriate. But with Hel just on the scene rocking that only better it seems unlikely they'd double down on that and cut into Hel profits. So moving away from her miraculous durability, they could go the teacher angle and make her a support unit like Gunther.

Okay, so before we even get this batch of refines, we now know the next batch of refines will be for the CYL 2 heroes, them being Brave Celica, Hector, Ephraim, and Veronica. We also got a small peek at their effects.

• Celica seems to have a form of post-battle recovery akin to Mystic Boost as well as an effect similar to Yarne's, as she got one extra charge on her special after battle, but it may be based off her proximity to allies, given the icon appearance.
  • I can't tell what Hector's Maltet got, as he doesn't enter combat and the skill only appears for a split second. If anyone wants to hazard a guess, here's the snippit that appears in the video. wvsD6EU.png
  • Ephraim appears to get HP recovery per hit in-battle.
  • Veronica is not shown with the refinery glow, so either she did not get a refine or she does not have a refine in the video.

Oddly, Feh says they get "a new weapon to refine". Maybe that's just bad wording on the translators part though...

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Okay, so before we even get this batch of refines, we now know the next batch of refines will be for the CYL 2 heroes, them being Brave Celica, Hector, Ephraim, and Veronica. We also got a small peek at their effects.

• Celica seems to have a form of post-battle recovery akin to Mystic Boost as well as an effect similar to Yarne's, as she got one extra charge on her special after battle, but it may be based off her proximity to allies, given the icon appearance.
  • I can't tell what Hector's Maltet got, as he doesn't enter combat and the skill only appears for a split second. If anyone wants to hazard a guess, here's the snippit that appears in the video. wvsD6EU.png
  • Ephraim appears to get HP recovery per hit in-battle.
  • Veronica is not shown with the refinery glow, so either she did not get a refine or she does not have a refine in the video.

Oddly, Feh says they get "a new weapon to refine". Maybe that's just bad wording on the translators part though...

Will Veronica be the first staff refine? Assuming she gets one?

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I can't tell what Hector's Maltet got, as he doesn't enter combat and the skill only appears for a split second. If anyone wants to hazard a guess, here's the snippit that appears in the video.

Red and yellow, right? Unless I have issues telling the difference from yellow and green. So, probably something that affects attack and defense and there are two red arrows pointing to the left and arranged in what looks like is the same way as Null Follow-Up; top arrow closer to the left side and bottom arrow closer to the center or trailing the top arrow. Brash Assault has a red arrow on top pointing to the left and a green arrow on the bottom pointing to the right, Desperation has two arrows on the same line, Vantage has one arrow and I'm guessing another one, but only its tail is visible, and Quick Riposte has a curved arrow pointing down.

So, something related to attack and defense and possibly Null Follow-Up entirely on its own as the secondary effect like how Soul of Zofia is Desperation 3 and Null Follow-Up 3 or related to whatever is affecting attack and defense. The Null Follow-Up thing would mean CYL Hector would be the first armor that we know of since CYL4 could have an armor with Null Follow-Up in some fashion. I just woke up, so I can't really think about the intricacies of what it would mean for CYL Hector at least with his base kit since Maltet has Quick Riposte 5 and he comes with Bold Fighter 3.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Technically it's true. They were not able to refine their prf weapons, but now they will be able to, so they did get a "new weapon to refine" in a sense of a weapon that was newly made available to be refined and not a brand new weapon that they never had before.

Perhaps I am asking too much, but if the appears to be current plan is for CYL units to be part of a September update every year until FEH eventually shuts down, I feel like since that would give them time to figure out what they want for the next in line CYL units, then it would be nice if some other units could be part of the September update. Not four or three units, but two or just one. So, for example, they could throw in Arden, Valter, or whatever grail unit if they don't want to have a summonable unit be the odd one out or they could have Effie, Hector, or even a healer and have them be part of a following skills banner or if they are not a 5*-only summon, then be the 4* focus of the banner or straight up not even include them in the CYL New Power banner.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Looks like she might be giving out in combat buffs to allies within 2 spaces based on buffs on herself or so

Seems logical, she attacks, debuffs the enemy. She buffs herself and allies. Then she buffs all allies again with the buffs she has, like kaden. Seems a great fit. Creates a 12 stat difference which is pretty decent.

Really excited about the CYL2 refines. I use Veronica in Anima Defense so a buff to her is appreciated. Whatever her refine is about I hope it gives her stats as well, part of what makes Camilla so threatening is the fact that she has huge offenses for a staff, it would be nice for her to have a spectrum joint drive buff kind of effect.

I also have a neutral Hector so he will be seing some use if his refine is good. The Nul-Follow up idea is interesting however what I immediately thought of was Aymr's effect Atk/Def -6 on foe (or lower perhaps) and prevents follow ups.

Celica seems will be the winner most likely as her weapon already comes with +1 cooldown per hit now she gets 7 Hp after combat and some extra CD. Also the icon of her weapon has the 4 colours so I expect it to also give some stats. 

Ephraim gets 7 Hp per hit and extra stats from what we can tell (was hoping for more). But he is already pretty good I guess. 

15 hours ago, Clear World said:

in6behmffie51.png

Huh... it did not occur to me that the Japanese Feh Channel was slightly different in regard to the English channel cutting that clip shorter. It just made it look like Veronica didn't have a refine at all...

...anyway I decided to see what I could tell from the Jap channel, this time comparing the numbers seen in the trailer to numbers seen in a current battle sym.

• As @Hilda said, Veronica does appear to have Kaden's Field Buff support effect. Celica should have only done 17 damage per hit against Surtr, but she does 30 per hit instead. Adding +6 Combat Atk pushes her up to only 24 though, so she still has 4-6 unaccounted for Atk.
  • Ephraim should only have done 29 damage per hit to Sirius, but he instead does 35 per hit, meaning he is getting 4-6 extra Atk from somewhere.