General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

14 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Seriously, they dropped the ball on not giving it the same either Wrathful or Dazzling refine options as inheritable staves, and I hope they don't make that error again.

Agreed. It wouldn't even be that hard either, just swap the refine effect with the inbuilt "Wrathful/ Dazzling" effect of any future staff they have planned and they're golden.

Other than that, all of these refines seem great! It sucks that Fae didn't get even a conditional DC (or even Distant Foil/ Ward) in her weapon, but I'm curious how well she'll work with a Bladetome unit. Speaking of, I do still have an OG!Laevateinn. Hmm...

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. It wouldn't even be that hard either, just swap the refine effect with the inbuilt "Wrathful/ Dazzling" effect of any future staff they have planned and they're golden.

Other than that, all of these refines seem great! It sucks that Fae didn't get even a conditional DC (or even Distant Foil/ Ward) in her weapon, but I'm curious how well she'll work with a Bladetome unit. Speaking of, I do still have an OG!Laevateinn. Hmm...

Or you could just pair her up with regular Eirika, since Eirikas refine benefits from Fae's refine too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:31 PM, Hilda said:

Or you could just pair her up with regular Eirika, since Eirikas refine benefits from Fae's refine too.

Oh yeah, I didn't realise that! On the other hand, I've paired her up with an OG!Nino already, so that would make three make two green units one one team. I'll think about it though, thanks for the idea!

On 11/6/2020 at 9:03 AM, DefyingFates said:

I was using Laevatein during the Tempest Trials with Fae chasing her around, and I have to say it was an absolute blast to have her tear though enemies like butter without the need to set up her buffs with Rallies or Hones or Azura.

• 2 weeks later...

Four weapons, seven benefiters, one meme.

• Oliver will be getting Tome of Favors. He started with a Shine+, what could he possibly receive...?
  • Nowi will be getting Purifying Breath. She began with Lightning Breath+, but it's very possible she won't be getting a DC weapon, so who knows what she'll get?
  • Mist will be getting Elena's Staff. She began with Slow.
  • Helpful Chrom will be receiving a refine to his Sealed Falchion, and as a result normal Chrom, normal Lucina, and Masked Marth will all be getting an upgrade as well.

I hope Nowi keeps Distant Counter in her Weapon, and ideally gets Spurn.

Mist with Spd-7 in combat debuff against foes within 3 row and 3 column Ploy range would be nice.

Oliver getting something like Aversa's Night would be good. Since he has good HP and Res, it would be nice if the effect would activate if Oliver wins either stat check. As for what he can debuff, I am hoping for constant Pulse Ties.

It would be nice if Exalted Falchion gets dual phase Desperation, dual phase guaranteed follow-up attack, and Vantage when under 100% HP. It would make all three exalts really strong dual phase units.

Finally it's Nowi's time! I hope she gets something very good.

Interesting they went with Oliver next for the grails unit... I was sure the next one would be Joshua, the only one missing that doesn't have a DC weapon.

Honestly, DC weapons should start to get refinements! Give Xander and Camus something, IS!

Solid lineup, curious to see what they'll be. Could be what it takes for me to finally merge one of the common units on the lineup, or to summon for one of the rare ones.

I expect Nowi to get a regular base weapon, with the refine having some sort of conditional DC. Maybe an HP threshold like Vouge/Amatsu, or specific weapon types only. Or caring about bonuses/penalties?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Finally it's Nowi's time! I hope she gets something very good.

Interesting they went with Oliver next for the grails unit... I was sure the next one would be Joshua, the only one missing that doesn't have a DC weapon.

Honestly, DC weapons should start to get refinements! Give Xander and Camus something, IS!

Joshua isn't the only Book 1 grail unit missing, there's also Arden.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Disappointed that Joshua still hasn't gotten anything, but I'm interested in seeing what Oliver gets. Nice to see Mist getting the spotlight, too. I suppose Genny will probably be the next staff refine after Mist.

Yeah, Genny is the only 5* staff left from Book 1 so she seems like a pretty safe bet. I'm looking forward to that. 

I'm hoping for Distant Counter + Blue Lion Rule on Purifying Breath, which would go well with the old popular Steady Breath build. The English name sounds like it wants its effect to be Windex, though. The Japanese name is completely different and translates as "Breath of Naivete", which says nothing about any potential effects.

If we finally get a Distant Counter refined weapon, I hope it's only a matter of time before we can get refines on Raijinto, Expiration, and Leiptr. Legendary Ryoma, Legendary Grima, and Fjorm could really use the help.

Helpful Chrom is pretty slow, so either a way to guarantee a follow-up or a huge boost in Spd would be nice to have. I'd also like to see the base effect have its condition relaxed a bit, but that might just be wishful thinking. Everyone and their mother and dog nowadays seem to have two alternative conditions to activate their weapon effect that make it super easy to meet at least one of the conditions (see Talregan Axe).

I don't really care about Mist or Oliver.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I hope Nowi keeps Distant Counter in her Weapon, and ideally gets Spurn.

Mist with Spd-7 in combat debuff against foes within 3 row and 3 column Ploy range would be nice.

Oliver getting something like Aversa's Night would be good. Since he has good HP and Res, it would be nice if the effect would activate if Oliver wins either stat check. As for what he can debuff, I am hoping for constant Pulse Ties.

It would be nice if Exalted Falchion gets dual phase Desperation, dual phase guaranteed follow-up attack, and Vantage when under 100% HP. It would make all three exalts really strong dual phase units.

If Nowi keeps Distant Counter you are at best looking at Sothis weapon basicly. And thats the best case Scenario.

...I could see Nowi getting a conditional DC. The only reason I doubt she'll get outright DC is because Tiki didn't get DC, but that was Adult Tiki and I think they cared more about giving Young Tiki a refine. But conditional DC? Yeah that's completely believable, I just hope it doesn't rely on Special charge like Sabers does. Something simpler, like... if she has a Bonus, that'd give her some link to her daughter.

Oh man. ... This could be a really good thing, a really bad thing, or a meme in the making. This is Mist's prf, meaning it's not inheritable, but prfs have had the same name across characters before (looking at you, Falchion, and your multitude of refines.)

The Good: Elena's at least somewhat in the game this way! This may also help get her CYL votes since FEH fans don't typically like things being done halfway.

The Bad: IS may think Mist having her staff is "good enough" Elena representation, and mean that she never actually gets in.

The Meme: In the case of Mist being able to use Elena's staff while Elena herself never actually gains access to it.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm hoping for Distant Counter + Blue Lion Rule on Purifying Breath, which would go well with the old popular Steady Breath build. The English name sounds like it wants its effect to be Windex, though. The Japanese name is completely different and translates as "Breath of Naivete", which says nothing about any potential effects.

I'm thinking she will get some kind of debuff negation like Brunnya. She's naive so she doesn't notice the stat changes.

What Nowi's refine needs is removing dragon effects vs her. Everything else  would be bonus, but that would actually set her apart from other dragons because she'd be able to be ran vs more enemies. Thrasir probably still nukes her regardless, but at least she'd have a niche. Dc would also be great, since it's already on her base breath.

Couldn't care less about the rest.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

If Nowi keeps Distant Counter you are at best looking at Sothis weapon basicly. And thats the best case Scenario.

AOTB!Hector got a pretty spectacular Refinement and no one expected that, so I hope Nowi gets something awesome too. Nowi cannot double dip Spurn without Flayn, but if she only has one copy of Spurn, it is not that strong.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...I could see Nowi getting a conditional DC. The only reason I doubt she'll get outright DC is because Tiki didn't get DC, but that was Adult Tiki and I think they cared more about giving Young Tiki a refine. But conditional DC? Yeah that's completely believable, I just hope it doesn't rely on Special charge like Sabers does. Something simpler, like... if she has a Bonus, that'd give her some link to her daughter.

If she gets conditional Distant Counter, then I hope she gets some pretty strong effects for being conditional. I hope it is lenient like 25% HP and above or something.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

AOTB!Hector got a pretty spectacular Refinement and no one expected that, so I hope Nowi gets something awesome too. Nowi cannot double dip Spurn without Flayn, but if she only has one copy of Spurn, it is not that strong.

If she gets conditional Distant Counter, then I hope she gets some pretty strong effects for being conditional. I hope it is lenient like 25% HP and above or something.

Last i checked Hectors weapon doesnt have Distant Counter. All I am saying is, if they want to keep Lightning Breath on Nowi (as in Distant Counter) present, then the best refine Nowi is gonna get is at best Sothis weapon (prolly with a -1 cooldown drawback). Anything else would invalidate F!Grima M!Grima Sothis and other dragons that have exclusiv Distant Counter Breaths and are 5 Star locked. So in that regard you better hope that she doesnt have Distant Counter on her weapon so she actually can have a decent refine and run Distant Counter on her A-Slot.

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Last i checked Hectors weapon doesnt have Distant Counter. All I am saying is, if they want to keep Lightning Breath on Nowi (as in Distant Counter) present, then the best refine Nowi is gonna get is at best Sothis weapon (prolly with a -1 cooldown drawback). Anything else would invalidate F!Grima M!Grima Sothis and other dragons that have exclusiv Distant Counter Breaths and are 5 Star locked. So in that regard you better hope that she doesnt have Distant Counter on her weapon so she actually can have a decent refine and run Distant Counter on her A-Slot.

FV!F!Robin and FH!M!Robin are getting really old now though, and Expiration will eventually get outclassed sooner or later. Sothis is not that old, but her Weapon is pretty tame even by last year's standards. They have to break the mold eventually.

As for the cool down count penalty, if they do keep Distant Counter, I think they would remove the penalty like how they removed it from exclusive Blade tomes.