General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Seems pretty good in my opinion. Neutralizing penalties is pretty huge, allowing her to get stat advantage through bonuses without fear of being Panicked in Aether Raids.

You can also run Bonus Doubler, probably with Noontime as her special and some buff support

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the HP threshold is a bit anti-synergistic with my Nowi currently carrying the QR seal and having Vantage in the B-slot. Probably time to shift the coveted QR seal somewhere else then.

Sealed Falchion seems better for my Marthed Mask now but I'm not sure it's 350-dew good, especially for a unit that's a hell of a lot easier to replace than Nowi is. Such is the life of a sword infantry, just wait a month or two and another better one will turn up and outperform you at one, or even zero merges. Great for ensuring Chrom doesn't get one-rounded by any dragon he can't one-shot though. So two refines to take this month, feels like forever since I even refined anyone at all.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Seems pretty good in my opinion. Neutralizing penalties is pretty huge, allowing her to get stat advantage through bonuses without fear of being Panicked in Aether Raids.

Perhaps lackluster was the wrong word. It's not bad. Pretty much any Nowi build will benefit from all stats, penalty nullification, and free DC. But Fae got a large buffing area that puts Tactics to shame in addition to the Atk/Res-4 debuff and Guard affliction, and something about what Nowi got feels... maybe a little lazy? I dunno, I never seem to have the right words to describe my opinions on these refines...

Also @Tybrosion that video plays every time i enter that page but echoed because someone quoted you, and every time it's Oliver going "DDOONN'TT YYOOUU WWOORRRRYY" at max volume. Just... thanks I think?

Edited by Xenomata

Just now, Xenomata said:

Perhaps lackluster was the wrong word. It's not bad. Pretty much any Nowi build will benefit from all stats, penalty nullification, and free DC. But Fae got a large buffing area that puts Tactics to shame in addition to the Atk/Res-4 debuff and Guard affliction, and something about what Nowi got feels... maybe a little lazy? I dunno, I never seem to have the right words to describe my opinions on these refines...

I personally prefer Nowi's over Fae's, since you cannot get full penalty nullification through any A, B, or C slots. Fae is vulnerable to Panic, whereas Nowi is not. As for Guard, I generally just rely on Pulse Smoke and being fast enough to avoid doubles to stop Specials from triggering on the super tank.

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also @Tybrosion that video plays every time i enter that page but echoed because someone quoted you, and every time it's Oliver going "DDOONN'TT YYOOUU WWOORRRRYY" at max volume. Just... thanks I think?

Nowis weapon is better then Brunnyas base weapon and does basicly the same thing and more. Nullify penaltys, and creates a stat gap difference of 4 (Ecxept with a better condition then Brunnya). On top of that you have Distant counter and adaptiv damage against ranged units. Situationally its even better then Fallen Ikes Chaos Ragnell

Sounds REALLY lackluster and bad to me for a popular Gen 1 unit!

If they dont give the other Gen 1 Distant Counter weapon units a proper treatment i am done!

Fae's refine is way more flexible when in comes to builds as she can go from full support to full tanky mode and I slap her in pretty much every non AR team ever since it came. Nowi's is definitely really good however, I think it's more AR centred with the penalty nullification. Definitely will build her up but don't think I will be using her that much. 

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Nowis weapon is better then Brunnyas base weapon and does basicly the same thing and more. Nullify penaltys, and creates a stat gap difference of 4 (Ecxept with a better condition then Brunnya). On top of that you have Distant counter and adaptiv damage against ranged units. Situationally its even better then Fallen Ikes Chaos Ragnell

Sounds REALLY lackluster and bad to me for a popular Gen 1 unit!

If they dont give the other Gen 1 Distant Counter weapon units a proper treatment i am done!

I'M NOT SAYING THE DAMN THING IS BAD. I NEVER DID SAY IT WAS BAD.

Do you know how many units have stat boosts and penalty nullification? Clearly you do of course. IT'S NOT AN EXCITING REFINE. IT IS NOT A META-CHANGING REFINE. IT'S A GOOD REFINE EFFECT ON A GOOD WEAPON AND THAT'S IT. Stop quoting me on things I never fucking said or meant.

Edited by Xenomata

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'M NOT SAYING THE DAMN THING IS BAD. I NEVER DID SAY IT WAS BAD.

Do you know how many units have stat boosts and penalty nullification? Clearly you do of course. IT'S NOT AN EXCITING REFINE. IT IS NOT A META-CHANGING REFINE. IT'S A GOOD REFINE EFFECT ON A GOOD WEAPON AND THAT'S IT. Stop quoting me on things I never fucking said or meant.

I have a +10 Nowi and it is a mediocre Refine on a bad unit in my honest opinion. The refine would be great if not for the special slow. 

Sadly, Nowi herself just isn’t pulling her weight anymore. Even with darting breath she just lacks the raw stats a Stance 3 skill like bracing 3 or solo skill would offer. And her dragon weakness just hampers her too much nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

Arden, Genny, Bow Hinoka and Lewyn get refines.

I'm a bit peeved about only 5 star healers getting refines so far. At least they're keeping it up with f2p units getting refines.

Lewyn getting a refine before several other characters who need it more is just ridiculous. I like the guy, but seriously?

I suppose it will be a matter of time before we find out whether 3-4 healers will be getting a refine anytime soon.

I hope Arden gets a Meister Weapon to compliment Follow-Up Ring. As for other possible effects, boosting his pisspoor Res, Special Fighter, buff negation, and debuff negation would all be nice. Spurn effect based on comparing max HP would be pretty amazing, although unlikely.

It would be pretty nice if Genny gets some kind of effect that deals extra damage. Maybe Pain and Gravity together would be pretty nice. It would be pretty awful if she gets Wrathful Staff as part of her Refine though.

WOF!Hinoka needs something to help her avoid getting killed on the counter attack. Armor units are super bulky, so she either needs Firesweep, Desperation, and/or some effect to allow to one shotting armors more effectively. Firesweep and Bold Fighter against any unit she has effectiveness against would be pretty dope.

Lewyn's issue is that he does not work with Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers, so it would be nice if they could eliminate the HP requirement. Other than that, I guess more Atk/Spd or similar effects would be nice.

not gonna lie, Forseti Refine is probably the hypest thing i've seen in FEH in a long time

anyway, some plausible refine effects are swift sparrow 2 (boring), atk/spd solo 3 (also boring but a little bit better) or that effect on Karla's and Naesala's weapons, and that'd be really nice

of course i hope for the best effect possible, but i'm not expecting anything crazy

Lewyn is an interesting pick. I was expecting him to take a whole longer, but he's jumping ahead of Ishtar, Karla, Super Nino, and Sumia out of the "normal" candidates. Which isn't as many as I would have thought! 

Genny, Super Hinoka, and Arden were all expected, I wasn't sure whether they'd put the two colorless ones together but I guess they had to fit Hinoka alongside all the healers somehow. Hopefully next month we'll start digging into the common healers, and get Joshua to wrap up the Book 1 grail units. Of course they also might jump to Maribelle just to make us squirm a bit.

Edited by Othin

6 hours ago, XRay said:

It would be pretty awful if she gets Wrathful Staff as part of her Refine though.

She has Wrathful in her base kit, so I think it's a safe bet that she's getting Dazzling in her weapon. At least this time it makes sense to integrate one of the two into a new Prf...

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

She has Wrathful in her base kit, so I think it's a safe bet that she's getting Dazzling in her weapon. At least this time it makes sense to integrate one of the two into a new Prf...

I know, that is why it would be awful. I hope they do not choose Wrathful.

As XRay mentioned, the HP condition is a bit stiff so I'm expecting it to look a little something like this bcs of Special Spiral.

Forseti: Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50% or if Special is ready, and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack and neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks.
Special Refine: At the start of turn 1, grants Special cooldown count-2.

Edited by redlight

17 minutes ago, redlight said:

As XRay mentioned, the HP condition is a bit stiff so I'm expecting it to look a little something like this bcs of Special Spiral.

Forseti: Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50% or if Special is ready, and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.
Special Refine: At the start of turn 1, grants Special cooldown count-2.

Basically a Sonya. I would also add NFU to the tome contingent on the special being ready. 

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Lewyn is an interesting pick. I was expecting him to take a whole longer, but he's jumping ahead of Ishtar, Karla, Super Nino, and Sumia out of the "normal" candidates. Which isn't as many as I would have thought!

So are we just throwing Swordhardt into the "never getting a refine" pile or something because Ninja Laevatein's axe is basically his sword with an extra effect taped on it. Even Leif's Meisterbogen technically has an extra effect on it. Not to mention Keaton technically getting extra because of beast bonuses or Altina who is a mythic.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

So are we just throwing Swordhardt into the "never getting a refine" pile or something because Ninja Laevatein's axe is basically his sword with an extra effect taped on it. Even Leif's Meisterbogen technically has an extra effect on it. Not to mention Keaton technically getting extra because of beast bonuses or Altina who is a mythic.

I forgot about him. Yeah, he counts too, although I'd expect him to wait until after regular Reinhardt.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I forgot about him. Yeah, he counts too, although I'd expect him to wait until after regular Reinhardt.

Even if they don't want to give normal Reinhardt and Olwen a refine (which they should, with all the ridiculous stuff coming out nowadays), I feel like Swordhardt should definitely get one at least. IS doesn't seem shy about giving refines to physical brave weapons or power-creeping them.

14 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Lewyn getting a refine before several other characters who need it more is just ridiculous. I like the guy, but seriously?

I suppose it will be a matter of time before we find out whether 3-4 healers will be getting a refine anytime soon.

I am kinda surprised Azura didnt get a refine yet or Ninian. It seems like IS is at loss on refining Gen one dancers. Either because the new generation dancers will outshine them anyway, or they dont know how to make them on par.

I really really hope the next batch has a 3-4 star healer in it Azama and Wry are in desperate need of a refine (basicly all 3-4 infantry healers of Gen1)