General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

What are they going to do with Nina? Obviously it will have the base effect of the Shining Bow. So I wonder if it is going to be some if she's within 2 spaces of ally thing or is it going to be an ally support thing? Maybe with the male ally thing from her personal skill in Fates it could be if there is an ally with more Def than her she gets something, similar to Hilda.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shining Bow's true damage feels a bit lackluster due to the conditional requirement, although I guess they can just copy Nile's Bow for the base effect as the additional Slaying effect is always nice. For the Refinement, Brazen Atk/Spd would be good.

For WOT!Reinhardt, Null C-Disrupt would be best in my opinion. If not that, then Slaying effect, Distant Counter, A slot Breath effect, Lull Atk/Def, and Vantage are the next best options.

For Joshua, Spurn would be great and Dragon Wall would still be decent, or a combination of them comparing the total Spd/Res with the enemy's total Spd/Res. If not Spurn, then maybe they might do something like Distant Ward, similar to how Boey and Julia got Close Foil and Close Ward.

I am hoping SF!Nino gets Blade tome effect to augment her damage.

If they're gonna keep up with the 1:3 free/gacha unit ratio for these batches then I'll slowly die inside. I'm not saying all healers need prfs, but it's harder for launch healers to compare to healers we get now. Especially healers that have received refines.

At least Kana and Finn are a matter of when this year. Hoping Kana's weapon is completely different than his female counterpart's. That weapon didn't age too well and it'd be incredibly lazy as well to copy that effect. I also don't think it was something that justified female Kana's existence as a 5 star.

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, redlight said:

At least Kana and Finn are a matter of when this year. Hoping Kana's weapon is completely different than his female counterpart's. That weapon didn't age too well and it'd be incredibly lazy as well to copy that effect. I also don't think it was something that justified female Kana's existence as a 5 star.

F!Kana's Weapon is fine. Lull Atk/Spd is one of the better B skills and she gets a ton of stats. Atk+4 and Spd/Def/Res+7 is basically an extra M!Corrin always near her.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

F!Kana's Weapon is fine. Lull Atk/Spd is one of the better B skills and she gets a ton of stats. Atk+4 and Spd/Def/Res+7 is basically an extra M!Corrin always near her.

As someone who had the misfortune of running into F!Kana rather late in the current Hall of Forms, I can also vouch that her refined Prf is more than just fine. All I'll say is that I ended that fight with just bunny Veronica alive.

Anyways, someone wake me up when Soleil and/or L'Arachel finally get their turn. I imagine I won't be awoken until at least August (and even that is probably a generous estimate).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

As someone who had the misfortune of running into F!Kana rather late in the current Hall of Forms, I can also vouch that her refined Prf is more than just fine. All I'll say is that I ended that fight with just bunny Veronica alive.

Anyways, someone wake me up when Soleil and/or L'Arachel finally get their turn. I imagine I won't be awoken until at least August (and even that is probably a generous estimate).

God, yeah, the wait for Book 2 4*s is so frustrating.

L'Arachel's would need to be pretty great for me to want to run it over Blarblade, but it'd be nice to have the option.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

L'Arachel's would need to be pretty great for me to want to run it over Blarblade, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Pffffffft, she's getting the same treatment that Gleipnir got, and no one's gonna like it one bit.

I'd put money on that, but I'm gonna hold a shred of hope they actually do L'arachel good. I don't use her, but I still like a success story.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

More stats is good along with a lull skill, but it came out at a time when they were transitioning into weapon refines starting to catch up to powercreep if not going into full blown insanity sometimes. I'm not making a argument that the weapon is bad. I'm just saying she got a "good" weapon compared to "great" weapons. That's why it didn't "age well". That's why I'd be disappointed if male Kana got a carbon copy of her weapon when they've started to go pretty rad with f2p unit weapon refines.

As for what I wish or expect for him to have. A variation of Water Breath that'd allow to differentiate himself from his female counterpart. Perhaps damage reduction by a fixed percantage and guard. He has a recovery related personal skill in Fates so maybe a Sol effect as a special refine along with combat boosts. Of course some conditions would be placed on the weapon.

Regarding L'arachel. I hope she does something to set herself apart from Ursula and Reinhardt. Gleipnir's refine is kinda good, but our fair lady doesn't have the best offensive spread. A Niu effect that relies on her own buffs with penalty negation would be pretty rad. Of course it'd have to be nerfed with a hp threshold requirement or something like Gleipnir. It'd then be kinda similar to a bladetome build that people use her for.

If they really are going by order of GHB/TT (Arden->Joshua) release then Lyon is next in line. Raventome as the only base effect in 2021 is shit. Dragon effectiveness is maybe a bit odd, but it's a possibility considering the events that took place in SS. As for special refine. Rein Atk/Res with guard attached to it would be pretty nice. Damage reduction from ranged enemies would also be pretty good as an alternative to that

Edited by redlight

Waiting for the old Legendary refines and one more thing. Since Nina got her refine that means we get one step closer to the day that Ophelia gets a refine. She already is pretty scary, her refine should be something like disabling damage reduction or even a simple +10 special damage if they don't want to overpower her even more. 

This batch of characters kind of makes me mad tbh. Not Joshua and Nina, they're fine. But Reinhardt and Nino, alongside being alts of already-good units, are more book 2 five stars who really don't need the refine as much as some book 1 units who are still being left in the cold, especially staff users. Unless they just do a huge batch of old staff users all at once, it will take literal years to get through them all.

4 hours ago, redlight said:

More stats is good along with a lull skill, but it came out at a time when they were transitioning into weapon refines starting to catch up to powercreep if not going into full blown insanity sometimes. I'm not making a argument that the weapon is bad. I'm just saying she got a "good" weapon compared to "great" weapons. That's why it didn't "age well". That's why I'd be disappointed if male Kana got a carbon copy of her weapon when they've started to go pretty rad with f2p unit weapon refines.

As for what I wish or expect for him to have. A variation of Water Breath that'd allow to differentiate himself from his female counterpart. Perhaps damage reduction by a fixed percantage and guard. He has a recovery related personal skill in Fates so maybe a Sol effect as a special refine along with combat boosts. Of course some conditions would be placed on the weapon.

As much as we want Spurn on everyone, Spurn is not a realistic expectation. Lull Atk/Spd and Null Follow-Up are the next best B slot skills after Spurn. If we compare her to Dieck, a green axe unit that was released not too long ago, Sun Dragonstone is pretty comparable to Tiger-Roar Axe.

BH!Ike and BH!Lucina are the only ones who can curb stomp the meta. No one else comes remotely close. Even Eliwood/BH!Roy falls far short of BH!Ike in my opinion. If you are only allowed one team for Aether Raids, it is going to be BH!Ike and BH!Lucina super tank team. Player phase is nice and is generally my preferred play style, but I highly doubt I can maintain Vault of Heaven with just player phase teams.

Edited by XRay

I'm expecting Meisterschwert to get the same additional effect as Meisterbogen as a base effect. As for the refine effect, it would be interesting to get Canto [1] to mirror Noba's Zeal, but I'm not expecting something quite that nice.

I'd like Gigascalibur to get Null Follow-Up so that we can get more fliers with access to it, though on the flip side, having another Windsweep tome flier to deal with would be annoying. It's annoying enough dealing with Byleth in the Arena. I'm expecting something more like what Holsety got, though.

Audhumla should get Atk/Res Unity or Spd/Res Unity. And give it Distant Foil, too, just for the heck of it.

Spy-Song Bow's name in Japanese is 邪な曲弓, which could translate as "Wicked Song Bow", but I think I'm pretty sure it's actually supposed to be "Wicked Interest Bow" in regards to Nina's character. Which tells us nothing about its effect.

I'm expecting it to have an identical base as Niles's Bow, but with a more directly offensive refine effect, like a Blow, Impact, Solo, some stat boost with a convoluted condition, etc. effect.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For Audhulma, I'm hoping for something very similar to Golden Dagger.

Like specifically a distant counter effect, or just some kind of effect when the special is fully charged? Personally I think they should try to lean into the res boost aspect and mayve give it a Tyrfing/Crusader Ward affect. Audhulma is 1 range in it's own game so distant counter wouldn't make a huge amount of sense (granted neither was the Golden Dagger, but it's a Dagger and Daggers are 2 range in Heroes, man I really wish they had more foresight and had just made Saber a dagger unit to begin with).

Edited by Jotari

• Makes Rein bulkier and stronger all at once... gives me some hope for a potential Dire Thunder refine.
  • Audhulma isn't the fanciest refine out there, but it's certainly not bad. I don't really know how Joshua was used before, but I guess it was defensively?
  • YES that is exactly what Nino needed without just giving her bladetome damage: consistent bonus damage and more Atk/Spd.
  • Dangit... Nina's refine is actually real good, could probably open her up to a more defensive build, but the thing is... I always forget to set up supports. So... either I'm gonna have to make a bunch of new supports, or Nina is just gonna have to live with "not that."

Overall good refines. The best? I dunno, but I'll certainly be summoning off this new power banner (if and only to get the two Nin's to +10)

Edited by Xenomata

Reinhardt: Well, I at least called the follow-up prevention, but it being usable by AI-controlled Reinhardt is going to be annoying, though his Spd is crap, so maybe not too annoying. The Atk boost and enemy Atk drop helps a ton with Heavy Blade builds since it gives him an effective bonus 10 Atk difference to make up for the weaker weapon.

Joshua: More stats helps in general, and Cancel makes him better as bulky offense. Nothing fancy.

Nino: Joint Goad Everything again. Now gets +8 piercing damage at neutral +0 merges with no skills and her Joint effect active, which is just a flat boost over the old effect, which capped at +7 piercing damage.

Nina: They definitely fucked up the naming of her weapon because that effect definitely screams "Lewd Thoughts Bow".

Probably going to grab Nino's and Reinhardt's refines, though I need to actually finish building them first.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Nino got a great refine! Mine has 45 speed, so she can deal 9 extra damage. Yours can deal 10 extra damage now!

Simple and effective refines are the best ones. I'm not a fan of the refine icon but I'll get use to it. I gave her Darting Blow seal so she'll get and extra 12 damage with her base kit. Time to replace her C skill I suppose. What to do...

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nina: They definitely fucked up the naming of her weapon because that effect definitely screams "Lewd Thoughts Bow".

I was confused when I saw the English weapon name as I don't remember her having a knack for singing but it turns out they messed up her weapon name.

I wonder what the Chinese weapon name is.

Edited by Flying Shogi

15 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Simple and effective refines are the best ones. I'm not a fan of the refine icon but I'll get use to it.

jsut dont look at it

15 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

It's 邪惡的曲弓. Wicked Song Bow? Wicked Crooked Bow? I don't know if the 曲 is ㄑㄩ (crooked) or ㄑㄩˇ (tune/song)

25 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

邪惡的曲弓, either "Wicked Song Bow" or "Wicked Wrong Bow", depending on the pronunciation of 曲. Pronounced as qǔ, it means "song" or "music". Pronounced as qū, it means "bent" or "wrong".

In Japanese, 曲 has meanings derived from both of the Chinese meanings. When pronounced as kyoku, it means "song" or "music", but also "fun", "interest", and "pleasure". Pronounced as maga, it means "evil" or "calamity".

So the Chinese translation is technically also incorrect despite using the same characters, and I stand by my statement that it should have been translated as "Lewd Thoughts Bow", which isn't a literal translation, but has the right meaning.

And yes, I did change my game's language to Chinese just to check (and now I'm super lost because despite being Chinese, I'm better at reading Japanese due to constant exposure).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Not really feeling this batch of refines -- all of them generally assume that the player has actually invested into those units (merges, etc.). Nino's got the best refine out of the bunch since it's not only strong once she's heavily merged but also not entirely useless if she's +0+0 and not +Spd.

Edited by Roflolxp54