How did you get your first FE game, and what was it?

Ephera

My first FE game was Warriors: As I liked it's characters via Smash Bros and fanfiction but wasn't quite ready to delve into TRPGs yet.

My first actual FE game was Awakening  but the first I actually played to completion was Fates Birthright.

Edited by Corrin_Kamui

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE8 was my first Fire Emblem game, i don't really remember how i found about it though : ( But i still remember how bad i was when i first played FE8, most of my units died and the whole thing was a mess, in the end i didn't finish it, and later started over from the start later, where i did much better.

I found out about Roy/Marth through Smash Bros. Melee and did an internet search to find out more about the series. I discovered that FE7 was about to be released in North America, and already being a fan of Advance Wars, I thought, "Cool, medieval fantasy Advance Wars. Do want."

my first FE? it was on emulator, with Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War!... or Mystery of the Emblem (either of the two)

sadly in 2001 I was a child so I played the japanese version of it : always using Sigurd, the blue sword (Silver) was better than the gray sword, the green sword (slim) in battle animation is less thick than normal sword. sword destroy axes...

I was up to chapter 2, I think I've check for recruiting Ayra because I did always killed her but I know she was playable because of the battle theme.

I do remember FE3 but I didn't play it for long because graphically it's worse that FE4 (yeah I was affected) but I DID remark when Marth comes out in SSBM, I was like Marth? I remember someone like him.

My first FE was Awakening and I got it like I get all my games; by my husband saying 'hey, I think you'd enjoy this'.

(I don't follow games or gaming news AT ALL, so I rely on him to recommend me everything). 

Started with Melee as the first generation of FE international players did. Though I think I might have seen a picture or two for Binding Blade in a Nintendo Power issue (they didn't say the game would come aboard), I can still remember this supposed obscure picture because it had something rather strange looking in it- Divine Dragon Fae I now believe.

Then Blazing releases and I still have Nintendo Power, which had a little guide for Chapters 7-10 Lyn and I think put FE7 front and center on the cover once.

Then presumably when the next Easter rolls around, what do I find in my basket but a copy of Blazing Blade? I got the NP game guide as well, which I still have. Best Easter present ever for me!

Thereafter whenever I would play Melee, I would refer to Roy as the son of Eliwood (which in retrospect isn't the best of things to be). Not seeing Roy nor Marth in FE7 was a bit odd, but I got used to it.

brawl was my first introduction to fire emblem characters, but that didn't get me to look at the series, the first fire emblem game I got was sacred stones on the 3ds ambassador program, played the crap out of it, I later went about buying path of radiance and then radiant dawn(not cheap, but cheaper than today), I'm a bit surprised that the 3ds ambassador program didn't get more people interested in the series, I mean what isn't a better introduction to a series other than a full game for free?

My first Fire Emblem game was Path of Radiance. My brother found it at an EB games. We had been wanting an FE game since, well, Smash Bros. Melee, but was disappointed that the Marth and Roy trophies said: Fire Emblem (Japan only). We found out that FE games started being available in North America after we saw a booklet of different GBA games that included Blazing Sword. We never found it, but one of our distant relatives did, and showed it when he came to visit.

By the time we found Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn had already come and gone, and Shadow Dragon was on its way. I eventually found both those games, and, both times, even the store employees were surprised they had copies of those games in the store. 

My introduction was Smash Bros. Melee. I remember thinking that Roy had a crush on Peach because when I unlocked him, in my mind, he appeared like a dashing knight coming to save the princess. Of course he got rejected badly as Peach didn’t take too kindly to that.

The first game I played was Blazing Sword. I played it on my uncle’s computer as he had an emulator. I didn’t realize it was the series Marth and Roy appear in until I heard the recruitment theme. Of course they never actually showed up but I always expected them to.

Awakening was the first one I bought. I remember I was really impressed by a playable avatar while playing the demo as it was basically Mark but you could actually use them. I also thought the pair up mechanic was so cool because Fredrick blocked an attack for Lissa, and other characters were joining in a fight. There was also the class changing. I was simply in awe at the time because it was so simple yet so new and different to FE 7. I poured so much hours into that game during high school.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Had to have been around the 8 - 11 age range. Kept seeing Path of Radiance on the shelf at a local BlockBuster - the box art caught my eyes; it was mostly how I chose games back in the day - but kept passing it over for other games that I was more familiar with. Finally got it one day when I was tired of all the other games I kept renting. Loved it once I got the hang of it and been a fan since.

I miss video rentals stores. Got to experience some great games through them at a pretty cheap price.

Thank (or blame) TVTropes.

So many tropes pages had a Fire Emblem subsection among the examples. I was surprised there was such a long-running series that I’ve never heard of.

One of these articles linked to an LP of Blazing Blade on LP Archive. I read it and wanted to try it out for myself. I got a ROM and an emulator, and here we are now.

It was September 2016, so I’m one hell of a newfag indeed.

My first game was Shadow Dragon. I got introduced to FE through Super Smash Bros Brawl. I found Marth to be a very handsome guy so I did some searching and saw Shadow Dragon. I got it and loved it to death. 

Brawl got me interested at first (But I got Brawl pretty late so by the time I did have it FEA had been out). So I decided to look into the series heard about Awakening, downloaded the demo, loved it, then I asked my parents to get it for me for Christmas. I'm pretty sure it was the Christmas before Fates was revealed. Though the first FE I actually beat was Shadow Dragon since FEA bored me half way through the Valm Arc and SD had Marth in it and he was my Smash main so...

Smash Bros Melee, I dug into the trophies and was curious what "Fire Emblem" was, I found Blazing Sword sometime after that and decided to give it a try, I had also gotten Mario Kart Double Dash recently as well which led me to giving the bonus disc items to my FE7 file. 

Yeah it was from Melee really liked using Roy and Marth was kinda cool too.  I saw a advertisement for Fire Emblem on the GBA (Blazing Sword) in a well put together booklet for GCN and GBA and decided to get it.  Legit thought Eliwood was Roy at the time.

The box art of Path of Radiance caught my eye at the local supermarket so I looked at the other side and liked what the box told me. Asked my parents to buy the game, got it and fell in love with the series.

I'm still not entirely sure why the supermarket had Sacred Stones in shelves a year or so later though.

My first game was Radiant Dawn circa 2010. Possibly the least advisable one to play first as it has a steep difficulty curve at the beginning and narratively depends more on a pre-existing title than any other. Yet here I am.