Fire Emblem 8: "Reverse" Recruitment

De Geso

Background: I set out to make a reverse recruitment patch for FE8 as I couldn't find the old one by Mekkah and I wanted to play FE8 a little differently. However, I found out some time later that someone else had already made a true reverse recruitment patch for the game. I didn't want to abandon doing something though, so I made this. It's more like "units randomly get swapped around" than actual reverse recruitment now, but I still figure it's worth sharing.

Whenever I could, I swapped recruitment in pairs or groups rather than by unit. For example, L'arachel and Dozla swap places with Eirika and Seth, and Saleh and Ewan switch with Ross and Garcia.

The ROM (links to dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6zdgqxtwrxuu1e/Sacred-Stones-Reverse-Recruitment.ups?dl=0

Below is a full list of changes:

Spoiler

Eirika > L'Arachel. Additionally, the Rapier has been replaced with Theia, a prf staff for L'Arachel. (Eirika still has her own Rapier).

Seth > Dozla

Gilliam > Duessel

Franz > Cormag

Vanessa > Syrene

Moulder > Orson

Ross > Ewan

Garcia > Saleh

Neimi > Marisa

Colm > Rennac

Artur > Kyle

Lute > Forde

Natasha > Tethys

Joshua > Gerik

Ephraim > Knoll. Additionally, the Reginleif has been replaced with the Charon tome, a prf dark tome for Knoll. (Ephraim still has his own Reginleif).

Amelia > Myrrh. Because of Myrrh's new early joining time, I've ventured to decrease the dragonstone's buffs and make it unbreakable to preserve her viability. Let me know if this is too much, I can change it back to normal.

Tana > Innes

Bugs:

Spoiler

If anyone can tell me how to fix these minor issues I'd be more than glad to update the ROM a few times!

L'arachel's Theia staff only heals HP equal to her magic stat, as opposed to 10+magic as intended. I don't know how to fix this, I've changed everything I can see that could have caused the problem.

Ewan and Ross need master seals to promote. They join with one for now, but I'd prefer if they behaved like normal trainee units.

I would love to hear feedback and suggestions!

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

17 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So you start the game with L'arachel as your Lord...

Why does this not surprise me? XD

Yeah, it was pretty obvious hahaha.

Eventually I want to run through the script and change all the names accordingly but that'll have to wait for now :P

29 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

Would that make Syrene the first unit you get? Or are you including Creature Campaign units?

And the recruitment order is here, just for your ease of access

This isn't a normal RR hack - such a thing already exists, I don't know the name of the guy who made it though. I didn't know that when I first started making this, though.

• 1 month later...