Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Request time XD

Can I get a summer version of Chrom please XD I'm not sure who's close enough but we all know Chrom loves singular sleeves.

I was actually thinking shirtless, although Chrom isn't exactly the smartest so he would be the kind to wear just one sleeve in the dead of summer

45 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

I was actually thinking shirtless, although Chrom isn't exactly the smartest so he would be the kind to wear just one sleeve in the dead of summer

Hey shirtless works since that's how he was in the Summer DLC in Awakening, and he did look pretty hot XD

Did someone order a Summer Chrom?

I was going to do something with him wearing one sleeve, but even Chrom wouldn't be that stupid

Edited by peevthesheev

Just now, peevthesheev said:

Did someone order a Summer Chrom?

I was going to do something with him wearing one sleeve, but even Chrom wouldn't be that stupid

Untitled-1.png

Thanks Peeve!!!  Man he looks hot XD I like it ❤️

32 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Thanks Peeve!!!  Man he looks hot XD I like it ❤️

No problem. I don't generally like working without sleeves because the arms always look weird where the parts connect, but I got around it with the basket

On 7/7/2019 at 8:28 PM, bottlegnomes said:

@peevthesheev Huh, so Durandal has always been wildly inconsistent. What I wouldn't give for a massive Durandal in FEH though.

Given how the sprites work, a titanic Durandal fit for Fe7 sprites would never happen, much as I would love it to

1 minute ago, peevthesheev said:

Given how the sprites work, a titanic Durandal fit for Fe7 sprites would never happen, much as I would love it to

Spoiler for size.

Spoiler

Jokes aside, this actually does inspire a request. Could someone do Legendary Lyn wielding Durandal in her FE7 Sol Katti stance?

9 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Spoiler for size.

Reveal hidden contents

Jokes aside, this actually does inspire a request. Could someone do Legendary Lyn wielding Durandal in her FE7 Sol Katti stance?

Do you mean where she's holding it straight out at an angle?

10 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

Do you mean where she's holding it straight out at an angle?

Yeah, that's the one. Either that or the sassy hand-on-hip stance she does at the end of her normal attack animation. Whichever seems easier or you feel like doing.

On a different note, it makes me a little sad that Sol Katti isn't the freakishly large rapier(?) it used to be. I know it made no sense and didn't match the weapon icon, and apparently I've just learned was a localization thing, but damn was it glorious.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:43 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, that's the one. Either that or the sassy hand-on-hip stance she does at the end of her normal attack animation. Whichever seems easier or you feel like doing.

On a different note, it makes me a little sad that Sol Katti isn't the freakishly large rapier(?) it used to be. I know it made no sense and didn't match the weapon icon, and apparently I've just learned was a localization thing, but damn was it glorious.

I don't hate it's Awakening design. I feel it has more soul than the simple gigantic rapier. Besides, Eliwood is the one who actually uses a rapier, and has one in all of his artwork\

Also, I should start using my edited Durandal, because looking at the original in Lyn's hands, it's fucking TINY

Edited by peevthesheev

Speaking of Eliwood, can I actually also get Legendary Eliwood off his horse as well? A surprise twist in Aer's story means I'm actually going to be drawing from Eliwood's design for her promotion more than Roy's.
Incidentally, what's your opinions on Awakening Armads? Apparently someone on the Awakening team thought a pickaxe was an actual kind of battleax. Personally I have no beef with it,  but I don't have any serious history with Blazing Sword and thought I'd ask.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Speaking of Eliwood, can I actually also get Legendary Eliwood off his horse as well? A surprise twist in Aer's story means I'm actually going to be drawing from Eliwood's design for her promotion more than Roy's.
Incidentally, what's your opinions on Awakening Armads? Apparently someone on the Awakening team thought a pickaxe was an actual kind of battleax. Personally I have no beef with it,  but I don't have any serious history with Blazing Sword and thought I'd ask.

I'll have to actually make Eliwood first, but sure, that isn't too bad

As for Armads, i'm not really a fan of the whole Pickaxe/Scythe thing. I think it looks dumb, but then again i'm not a fan of a bunch of the Awakening redesigns, like Tyrfing, Hautclere, or Gae Bolg and Gungnir. While there are some I really like, like Sol Katti and Helswath, the others just don't look like themselves to the  point of being unrecognizable 

On 7/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, peevthesheev said:

I don't hate it's Awakening design. I feel it has more soul than the simple gigantic rapier. Besides, Eliwood is the one who actually uses a rapier, and has one in all of his artwork\

Also, I should start using my edited Durandal, because looking at the original in Lyn's hands, it's fucking TINY

Durandal (large).png

Durandal (small).png

Thanks, peev, looks great! And yeah, you weren't kidding. That is surprisingly small, though IIRC, aren't mounted characters smaller in FEH?

As for Awakening's SK, I do actually like the design more and it makes way more sense for Lyn. The other one is just gloriously absurd.

22 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Thanks, peev, looks great! And yeah, you weren't kidding. That is surprisingly small, though IIRC, aren't mounted characters smaller in FEH?

As for Awakening's SK, I do actually like the design more and it makes way more sense for Lyn. The other one is just gloriously absurd.

As a whole, yes, they are smaller. But their weapons usually aren't, especially if that weapon exists on both an infantry and a mounted unit. Seiglinde, Seigmund, Raijinto, Tyrfing, and Falchion are all infantry sized, no matter the type of unit using them. Durandal is just the odd one out, although we've never seen an infantry unit wielding it

On 7/15/2019 at 8:12 AM, peevthesheev said:

Here's LegeWood in both Infantry and Cavalry, @SoulWeaver

ddbqei9-00f216d0-3980-4998-ba68-8e62036cddbqeqe-ee3338cc-fa52-4daa-aa13-8e9c3b28

Fun fact that helped me cheat a little, Roy uses his father's armor in both his Brave and his Legendary variants

Sweet, thanks! I also gotta say I'm loving your Durandal better because it actually looks right - the whole point of that sword was basically to help show just how busted a character Eliwood is, lil' 'Randal in Heroes just isn't cutting it.
Lol, that was just the devs being lazy, they didn't want to have to make new assets for either of them so they just bounced them together.

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Sweet, thanks! I also gotta say I'm loving your Durandal better because it actually looks right - the whole point of that sword was basically to help show just how busted a character Eliwood is, lil' 'Randal in Heroes just isn't cutting it.
Lol, that was just the devs being lazy, they didn't want to have to make new assets for either of them so they just bounced them together.

To be fair, you can only make a weapon so big when all of the swords are about the same length. Probably some size constraints in the programming. And I noted this in one of my LegeWood uploads on DA how Eliwood talks Hector up a lot, but come on my guy, you're swinging around a sword the length of a horse. You're not exactly weak. In story, that is, Eliwood is one of the most mediocre lords, which is funny as  hell considering this is the man that spars with Hector

I don't know if it's laziness or just meant to show how much Roy respects his father, enough to take up his armor in battle. It could be a mix of both

I have a request.

Can I get my custom Summomer practically being super happy with Regular Lucina and Edelgard both looking confused and Grima facepalming?

Please?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

On 7/23/2019 at 4:07 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a request.

Can I get my custom Summomer practically being super happy with Regular Lucina and Edelgard both looking confused and Grima facepalming?

Please?

I got you, homie

Edited by peevthesheev

3 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

I got you, homie

sf thing.png

Mate that is perfect!!!  Thanks Peev!  XD

Grimmy's peeved because I haven't been able to get merges for him so this is down to a tee XD

Sounds good, thanks.

Also to the thread at large:

...Can I just say Brave Camilla’s artwork is AMAZING?! BECAUSE DANG

WHY WASN’T THIS HER PROMOTE IN WARRIORS

ALSO ELIWOOD

MY MAN

THAT JUST MIGHT BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK IN THE GAME

...BESIDES DAMAGED OLIVER

Holy cow, guys, I’m HYPED for the Brave Banner, pretty much the only way this could go sour is for me to pull Alm more than once or to pull Micaiah at all. Also apparently LegendaRoy is part of the next Legend Banner, so now I’m super torn between trying for much Camilla/Eliwood, trying for Hector to finish the CYL2 collection, trying for Veronica because Veronica, trying for more Brave Roy/Ike, and trying for LegendaRoy. SO MANY HEROES NOT ENOUGH ORBS

...Actually I may need to make that a request on here at some point. Maybe after someone gets around to my last one.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Sounds good, thanks.

Also to the thread at large:

...Can I just say Brave Camilla’s artwork is AMAZING?! BECAUSE DANG

WHY WASN’T THIS HER PROMOTE IN WARRIORS

ALSO ELIWOOD

MY MAN

THAT JUST MIGHT BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK IN THE GAME

...BESIDES DAMAGED OLIVER

Holy cow, guys, I’m HYPED for the Brave Banner, pretty much the only way this could go sour is for me to pull Alm more than once or to pull Micaiah at all. Also apparently LegendaRoy is part of the next Legend Banner, so now I’m super torn between trying for much Camilla/Eliwood, trying for Hector to finish the CYL2 collection, trying for Veronica because Veronica, trying for more Brave Roy/Ike, and trying for LegendaRoy. SO MANY HEROES NOT ENOUGH ORBS

...Actually I may need to make that a request on here at some point. Maybe after someone gets around to my last one.

I do like Camilla's new art, even though I have no love for her. Eliwood also looks like a fucking boss, but lets talk about the real shit

DONG ARMOR ALM