Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

Guys, Wolt just might do what we thought impossible. If he wins, can I get a thing of him standing atop the pile of losers, arms folded with sunglasses on? Or maybe just him with arms folded and sunglasses if that’s too much effort? If he doesn’t win don’t worry about it.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Guys, Wolt just might do what we thought impossible. If he wins, can I get a thing of him standing atop the pile of losers, arms folded with sunglasses on? Or maybe just him with arms folded and sunglasses if that’s too much effort? If he doesn’t win don’t worry about it.

If he loses, I'm going to have him on top of a pile of everyone elses body, with Ursula sitting on him with sunglasses and Camilla's drink weapon in hand

Sounds fair.

Incidentally, I was sitting at work today after seeing the Gauntlet and just randomly had a conversation snippet pop into my head:

"Impossible! How are you this powerful, boy?!"
"You underestimated one simple thing, Blue Crow. The woman who nursed Lord Roy to his full potential as an infant...was my mother!"
"WHAT?!"
"Yes! I received the same power as an infant as Lord Roy! Your mistake was ignoring this simple fact and assuming I was some ordinary Archer!"

...Yes. I need help.

Aaaaand nope. So much hope, so much despair. Oh well, the kid fought his way through two more rounds than people expected him to.

...Could I still get him by himself with the glasses and folded arms? I think I actually want that for my next Thumbnail pic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Aaaaand nope. So much hope, so much despair. Oh well, the kid fought his way through two more rounds than people expected him to.

...Could I still get him by himself with the glasses and folded arms? I think I actually want that for my next Thumbnail pic.

Oh I think of them all I had little to no reason to want to participate in the VG.  Though to be fair when it's characters I don't care for the results are meh for me.

14 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh I think of them all I had little to no reason to want to participate in the VG.  Though to be fair when it's characters I don't care for the results are meh for me.

I just put token battles into each VG so I can claim a couple hundred Feathers at the end of each round. The only reason I gave a crap about who won was that Wolt made it to the finals when everyone was saying he was doomed against anyone but Helbindi. Considering he's just 'that kid who idolizes the blandest Lord' to most people, beating both Laevatein and Lyn was a pretty solid accomplishment. Personally I think the main reason he lost to Ursula was enough people thought this would be a repeat of Summer Gaius' win and picked Ursula to stop the repeat.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

I just put token battles into each VG so I can claim a couple hundred Feathers at the end of each round. The only reason I gave a crap about who won was that Wolt made it to the finals when everyone was saying he was doomed against anyone but Helbindi. Considering he's just 'that kid who idolizes the blandest Lord' to most people, beating both Laevatein and Lyn was a pretty solid accomplishment. Personally I think the main reason he lost to Ursula was enough people thought this would be a repeat of Summer Gaius' win and picked Ursula to stop the repeat.

They be dumbos for that XP

On 8/15/2019 at 5:25 PM, SoulWeaver said:

It's honestly just the broke ass way they do the voting gauntlets, with the back and forth of the bonus that lets someone like Wolt beat someone like Lyn

Did someone order a smug loser Wolt?

Also a smug Ursula, but I got lazy, so I made her a nice drink and gave her horse an orange. Yay to the victor

BXscL7m.pnguoktWQZ.png

Edited by peevthesheev
Fucking text wrapping, fucking hyperlinks not working, i'm trying to meme here can you please work properly

Eyyy, much obliged Peev!

Now as long as we’re meme-ing, Fallen Corrin and Brady just pitybroke my Brave Camilla run. As I am a somewhat vindictive individual, upon seeing Tummyache Corrin’s isle pose a meme presented itself to me and was approved by my inner sadist. FEH isn’t perfectly balanced, and this must be remedied.

I’d greatly appreciate Fallen Corrin starting to dissolve(maybe into Feathers) while Brady looks on, preferably shocked, horrified, or some other variant of distressed. If possible, Corrin would be saying ‘Mr. Brady I don’t feel so good...’ but if not meh, the pic itself would be fine. Saying ‘Mr. Marth’ instead would be more appropriate I suppose, but Brady was the one I summoned in the same circle and it makes the dissolve-exactly-half idea more poignant. Really, if I’m being honest I’d rather sack Brady than Tummyache Corrin to feed my one-day-lethal combat Sakura, but Corrin’s pose lends itself to the meme better.

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eyyy, much obliged Peev!

Now as long as we’re meme-ing, Fallen Corrin and Brady just pitybroke my Brave Camilla run. As I am a somewhat vindictive individual, upon seeing Tummyache Corrin’s isle pose a meme presented itself to me and was approved by my inner sadist. FEH isn’t perfectly balanced, and this must be remedied.

I’d greatly appreciate Fallen Corrin starting to dissolve(maybe into Feathers) while Brady looks on, preferably shocked, horrified, or some other variant of distressed. If possible, Corrin would be saying ‘Mr. Brady I don’t feel so good...’ but if not meh, the pic itself would be fine. Saying ‘Mr. Marth’ instead would be more appropriate I suppose, but Brady was the one I summoned in the same circle and it makes the dissolve-exactly-half idea more poignant. Really, if I’m being honest I’d rather sack Brady than Tummyache Corrin to feed my one-day-lethal combat Sakura, but Corrin’s pose lends itself to the meme better.

The whole feather thing was a little too complicated for my simple mind, but learning how to dust people will probably lead to some cruel shit down the road. I hate that you've given me this power

cZ9HBeu.png

On 7/22/2018 at 8:44 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even though I already have asked in the past for two requests, neither easy, and although I technically asked to wait until Nils got officially in FEH on the one that is listed, may I ask for a third? I mean you have every right to deny me. But I'm just going to post the request in case it gets anyone's creative juices flowing.

And for the record I'll consider myself, satisfied with the FE7 scene request, since I didn't expect someone to make a Nils, and him and the entire scene turned out beautifully (thank youuuuuuuuu!:D::lol::)::^_^::awesome:). Since a Blazing Banner has recently speaking passed, it will be a long time until another, and I could, if I really wanted to, just ask for a quick update of the Nils sprite when that comes a year or however long from now.

Okay, this request is a little complicated, again. Or rather I'm trying to be detailed in define how it should look.  Even though I don't name a single sprite part in this explanation.

It involves 2 characters.

The first character is Leif.

The second character is Lifis.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to guess imitating these clothes will be an issue.

lifis.jpg

Explanation (Note, you do not need to read this if you just want to assemble this request):

Hide contents

Leif is the lord, and therefore symbol, of Thracia 776, and all that exists therein. Lifis is not that serious a character- a common thief who likes stealing, raiding, conning, and sex, but while these are serious things, he is kinda wimpy and not to be taken too seriously. He is also the first playable character to be recruited via a certain mechanic nearly exclusive to FE5, and even then not quite the same outside of it. And Lifis looks to be close to Leif in size. And he gets thrown in prison with Leif and helps him break out in the famed and thrilling Manster Arc of Thracia 776.

Now what do I want with this?

First, no background is necessary. If you want to add one, a generic dungeon/indoor will work, outside would be a little strange for this to me.

Second, Leif:

Reveal hidden contents

You will put Leif to the left in this request.

Leaf will be stand proud, a plain old Iron Sword raised high pointed to the sky in his right hand, holding though it were a torch to light the world. Now, I want Leif's body to be seen here, so try to lift the arm as high and far out enough as you can without making it anatomically strange looking and while maintaining the strong heroic feel. Leif is not Mr. Fantastic!

His left arm, it can be bent near his body with his hand a fist. Just get it out of the way in a natural manner that has it doing something and not simply vertically straight by Leif’s side is all I ask.

His feet are spaced normally for a standard standing pose. 

He should have look of pride, confidence and strength on his face. His eyes looking at the sword’s point/the sky above it. His mouth should be closed, with a firm smile.

If he could speak his entire physical arrangement would say "Forward!" or "I have accomplished my objective. Onward to victory!" 

So like this, but flip Leif to face right, and make the sword point straight up instead of angled and over his head. A little more space between the Iron Sword and the head so he could sort of look at it without rubbing his eyes against the hilt would be good. You should straighten the feet. And just keep the left arm out of the way- it shouldn't distract.

Originally, I was going to ask for Leif to be holding a sword, but in Heroes, Lifis is definitely going to be a Dagger user. Which requires a different sort of pose, and being in FEH sprite form, I'm leaning towards wanting the daggers. Iron Daggers will do with Lifis being a lowly thief.

To be precise, I'm thinking something like Leif is ready to fight. So knees bent in a defensive crouch/stance, knives held in reverse grip (so if he stood straight and returned his arms with the two daggers in hand to his sides, they'd face behind him), his arms bent like he is ready to start swingin' and slashin'. I can't find a picture of exactly what I mean though.

To try to be more descriptive if this helps at all, see how this looks, if it is good, then go with it.: 

• The right leg and arm are further out to the right than the left side (for the left is the side you can't see so well).
  • Right knee bending parallel to the ground, maybe with right arm resting on it or almost doing so.
  • The right elbow is thus pointing downwards (maybe with a slight diagonal either way).
  • The right knife's tip pointing right parallel to the ground.
  • The left knee is pointing perpendicular to the ground. 
  • The left elbow should be at a downward diagonal or parallel to the ground towards Leif.
  • The left knife pointing either perpendicular to the ground or on a downward diagonal point back towards Leif.

IF I have this image of how it looks in my head all right.

Thirdly, for Lifis:

Reveal hidden contents

He will be sitting on the ground to the right of Leif. A little space but no awkward gap between them.

His legs will be spread out and unbent and feet pointing up, like this ^, with the point the two lines of the ^ meeting up being his body. Unless this looks weird for a sprite, then you can bend them. Is making a sprite sit and look natural that difficult? If so, then you can leave him standing.

His arms will be at normal angles spread out so the palms of his open hands will press against the ground and keep his upper body upright as he sits. A fairly normal sitting pose. Like a curious kid listening to a story by a campfire without actual seating being available.

His head will be a little turned looking up at the standing Leif next to him. The face will be a little bewildered, curious. Not in awe, more like "So this is my luck for today." and “So this is what this Leif kid who bested me is doing with my clothes."

You heard that last part right.

Lifis isn't wearing any clothes!

Well he still has his underwear on. I'm not going to force you to make a fig leaf sprite to cover him up (or you just wait for Selkie and take a leaf off them- I don’t want Lifis in a leaf though).
Just take a bikini bottom and recolor it into tighty whiteys (or take male swim trunks and make them white boxers- whichever looks better), which I think is appropriate for the wimpy Lifis.

If you find making Lifis sit is too hard, then maybe have his eyes looking to the left towards Leif, with his right arm bent behind his back, as he would if he was scratching an itch on his back, and his left leg bent (assuming this isn’t too difficult!) with his foot pressed against the side of his right leg at the height of its knee. The posture would maintain a sense of embarrassment and unease at being so stripped of his clothes. Just go for anything that works that can capture the general intended mood.

Where are Lifis's clothes? On Leif! Yup, the Leif I want will wear none of his normal garb and armor, and all of Lifis's textiles (except his underwear obviously).

So, what to call this scene then? Figure it out yet? (Note, you don't need to read this if you just want to construct the scene.)

Reveal hidden contents

"Capturing!"

Leif captured Lifis. And having captured him, Leif was free to take whatever he wanted from Lifis, and decided he wanted his clothes and his sword (or daggers).

Capture is a mechanic invented by Thracia 776, seen again in a super-diminutive form RD for one little chapter with Leanne, and later in an altered form for Fates. Also Berwick Saga in a more RNG dependent but otherwise same as T776 format, but who talks about that?

Lifis is the first of several playable characters in the game who must be captured to be recruited. There are three others who must be captured to recruit. Salem, who is a mage and sort of forgettable beyond being our first Dark Magic user and from the Loptyr Cult. Trewd, who is dull and forgettable and is probably significantly bigger than Leif, and his attire is less colorful too. The last is Misha, who being female, presents a series of problems. One- her clothes would look weird on Leif. Two- a male stealing the clothes off a woman is a step away from rape- not good. Three- her capture is rather tragic, everyone else sort of happily joins after being captured, Misha does not at all. Adding what I said of Lifis before, he is thus the best candidate for this scene.

Now technically, if I were to abide by the capture of Lifis as it happens in FE5, Leif would gain no sword from him since Lifis starts with no weapons. And you'd have to make sprites for a Lockpick and Hezul Scroll, the things he does have on him when captured. Leif would also have to gain in 3 chapters' time 2 Con with a 15% growth to capture Lifis, a highly highly unlikely thing.

But who cares about total accuracy to the base game? The scene is supposed to be funny!  And in the artwork above, Lifis does have a sword, and him being a ordinary thug, might as well make it bottom of the barrel, and Iron is as low as you can go in Thracia (and looks close enough to the artwork sword).

...And this is the last of the grand ideas of mine. Good riddance you probably think.

I know this has been sitting here for a while but I have decided that I will do my best to make this a reality.  It might take a while though since I've only just got the ability to do it, so I hope that the wait won't be too much longer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, now that Octoberween is upon us and Dance Ishtar provides a good frame to work with, time to get serious.

This is gonna be a three-part request, but it's past 1AM so I only have time to put Part One up.

If someone is feeling bored enough for a challenge, I'm after best Halloween girl in FEH style. Link is mostly to a better size version of the image already in my sig. Dance Ishtar is my current best idea for a base, but if you guys have a better one by all means use it. I also haven't seen bat headwings since GenericHero did a Halloween Olivia back on the old thread so that might make this tricky for you guys as well. Also don't bother fixing the open boob front thing on her dress, it's pretty much the one mistake they made with her design so I don't mind it not being there. If finding hair that short is tricky, feel free to make it a little longer too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i 100% wished i made christmas edits, but got busy during the holidays. but you can bet your ass im making valentine's edits (mainly bc birthday and i just want to)

but here are some i've made in the past month or so (current favorite is my summoner's, since i drew her shirt and necklace)

ophelia.png

unnamed bby.png

aaaaaaaa.png

yuu.png

ophe and morgie.png

babyv2.png

On 1/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, frostbittenrose said:

i 100% wished i made christmas edits, but got busy during the holidays. but you can bet your ass im making valentine's edits (mainly bc birthday and i just want to)

but here are some i've made in the past month or so (current favorite is my summoner's, since i drew her shirt and necklace)

ophelia.png

unnamed bby.png

aaaaaaaa.png

yuu.png

ophe and morgie.png

babyv2.png

Those look awesome, nice work!

Hey, if you're making Valentine sprites anyways, if you get time, would you perhaps mind putting a Valentine's Palla together? I'm afraid I don't have any ideas for sprite bases off the top of my head, but I'd be happy to look through for ideas if you're willing to try it.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:05 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Those look awesome, nice work!

Hey, if you're making Valentine sprites anyways, if you get time, would you perhaps mind putting a Valentine's Palla together? I'm afraid I don't have any ideas for sprite bases off the top of my head, but I'd be happy to look through for ideas if you're willing to try it.

I wouldn’t mind at all! ^^)

• 1 month later...

Is it too late to request an OC chibi sprite?

On 1/21/2020 at 4:20 AM, frostbittenrose said:

ophelia.png

unnamed bby.png

aaaaaaaa.png

yuu.png

ophe and morgie.png

babyv2.png

🤩😍

KYOOT KYOOT KYOOT

Edited by Soul >8]

• 3 weeks later...