Jump to content
NekoKnight

Sprite Thread Revival

Recommended Posts

Hello all, as you are probably aware, the previous thread seems to have been deleted and in the event it cannot be revived, this will be the new sprite thread. I'm going by memory of how the last OP was laid out, so there will likely be frequent updates until things are up to standard.

These are our official Spriters, past and present.
@Apples
@BANRYU
@Kon
@Lord_Grima
@LordConqueror
@Luchi
@Luna of Dragonblood
@NekoKnight
@Vaximillian

@peevthesheev
@Xaos Steel Wing
@Nankaina
We're always accepting new spriters if you want your name added to the OP. You can be added if you complete at least 3 requests.

The rules for making requests:

1. Be specific: The more work you put into describing your requests (specifying parts, colors, weapons, poses, etc) the easier it is for us to put it together and the more likely someone will pick it up.
2. One request at a time: Many people will make requests and you will likely have to wait in line. If you make multiple character requests at once, only the first will be added to the request list.
3. Don't request specific artists unless they have the assets to prior projects they've worked on. If an artist wants to go out of their way specifically to help you, they may, but more often than not, it's more efficient to let someone else handle it. These are open contracts.
4. Basic edits of characters currently in the game may be used by anyone without permission. For OCs and other custom edits of things not in the game, please do not repost without permission from the spriter or person who made the request.

Want to try your hand at spriting? You can download the game assets here.

Current request short list:
1. Hayato for @Poimagic
2. FE7 Scene for man of culture, @Interdimensional Observer
3. Custom for @SoulWeaver
4. Delmud for @Fala~of~Velthomer
5. Custom for @Grima the Fell Dragon
6. Anthony for @Hero_Lucina
7. Hoshidan Corrin for @animefreak425
8. Shiny Chrom for @SoulWeaver
9. Fates and Awakening Anna for @Grima the Fell Dragon
10. Weapon sprites for @NoahStratos




 

 

If you see anything missing or want added, let me know. Planned additions are the galleries of completed requests.

Have fun and remember, Sword Wyvern Rider Generic is, and will always be, best girl. EDIT: 2/21/18 - There may be a new best girl who also rides a dragon.

Edited by NekoKnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Have fun and remember, Sword Wyvern Rider Generic is, and will always be, best girl.

But Generic Lance Flier never stopped existing. /thinking

Anyway, on-topic: I can’t promise huge creative activity, but “smuggling sprite packs” (© @SoulWeaver) won’t stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But Generic Lance Flier never stopped existing. /thinking

Anyway, on-topic: I can’t promise huge creative activity, but “smuggling sprite packs” (© @SoulWeaver) won’t stop.

Wait, what? When did I…oh, wait, I think I know what you're talking about, yeah, that was me who said that wasn't it.

Anyways, @NekoKnight, I was wondering if we should try to split the request list into two sections, one for stuff like the request just above where it's simple so-and-so's head on what's-his-face's body with recolors and the like, and one for trickier stuff, like when that RWBY request happened - it was a big project and it never got done, so it just sat there at the top of the list and everyone wondered what it was doing there. I've also asked for two requests in the past that would have gone into such a section, namely the Layla GenericHero ended up having to draw his own pieces for and the Dragon Core Hexer Nankaina did, if you need other examples. Basically, for something that specifies a character from another franchise or one who doesn't have much to their name in their home game and thus needs to mostly be made from scratch, you would add it to a separate list for things slightly more challenging than your average request. This would in theory make it more easy to check the lists in general since they would both be smaller and thus easier to go through and Spriters would be better able to decide if they wanted a challenge that day or just wanted to bang out a couple easy requests.

Also, @Nankaina did a couple requests as well. I don't know if they're interested in being an official Spriter, but achievements include Interdimensional Observer's Touma request and my Dragon Core Hexer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw hell the old one got scrapped? So many good spriteworks in that one RIP... hope we still get the old pictures or portfolios from our folks who did stuff ~3~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

May I request A Valentine's Berkut? It would be his head on Eliwood's body (recolored black and dark purple) with a red present

td7Xsdf.png

How's this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

That's amazing! Could I use it for my custom Valentine's banner?

Thanks!

And go ahead!

 

Edited by Lord_Grima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to refresh my requests, is a Tormod Sprite with Shigure's active battle idle and a Greil with Urvan and Ragnell holding like he holds his sword in PoR.(Can give a reference picture if need be for Greil)

Edited by Grima the Fell Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, I would like to ask again my request, but this time shortening it to one sprite. My original request was Rhajat and Hayato, but this time, I will change it to just Hayato. As for how he looks, I would say maybe Gordin’s hair recolored the same hair color as his orginal hair. Maybe you could use the shirt sothe has and recolor it blue. As for tome, give him a standard light tome. And his pose, make him have Rhajat’s Idle pose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have begun a partnership with someone, and I guess i'll post the shit he has me make here

Jaffar and Ayra were a real pain, I don't have either, and couldn't get their poses to look right. As it is, I'm still leery about Ayra

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by peevthesheev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have two products of my original requests, so I'll just post them here to share. The ones in the spoiler are my personal edited versions, mostly to serve as an avatar or a signature.

Crystal (OC Character) || Sprite Artist: NekoKnight
p3tz68Y.png

Signature Request || Sprite Artist: Vaximillian
QKrhC47.jpg

Spoiler

yKtZj5r.png
zbKGH7Z.png

Edited by Sire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Or have they not been mined yet

Of course they haven’t. Can’t mine when there is no data. Come back tomorrow, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I prepare to figure out a request, I'm curious: If I can provide a screenshot of a weapon from another game(in this and probably all my instances AdventureQuest Worlds), can any of you guys tinker with it to try to attach it to a request as a wielded weapon?

Also I guess I volunteer as Thread Troll Mod-ish-thing like I ended up being last time - you know, the guy who bugs all the newbies about not being specific enough and the like. I'll also voluntarily bug Neko about updating the OP if it goes too long without being updated if that's needed, so Neko can focus on other stuff without having to check this every so often to stay caught up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anyways, @NekoKnight, I was wondering if we should try to split the request list into two sections, one for stuff like the request just above where it's simple so-and-so's head on what's-his-face's body with recolors and the like, and one for trickier stuff, like when that RWBY request happened - it was a big project and it never got done, so it just sat there at the top of the list and everyone wondered what it was doing there. I've also asked for two requests in the past that would have gone into such a section, namely the Layla GenericHero ended up having to draw his own pieces for and the Dragon Core Hexer Nankaina did, if you need other examples. Basically, for something that specifies a character from another franchise or one who doesn't have much to their name in their home game and thus needs to mostly be made from scratch, you would add it to a separate list for things slightly more challenging than your average request. This would in theory make it more easy to check the lists in general since they would both be smaller and thus easier to go through and Spriters would be better able to decide if they wanted a challenge that day or just wanted to bang out a couple easy requests.

I will second this motion! An "easy request" list and a separate "big project" list would be a great idea!

...And then I'll add a request of mine own that to put on that "big project" list. But it won't be so bad, nobody has to be created out of thin air, it'll just call for a lot of characters, one of whom is normally mounted but now dismounted, and one in a rather non-standard pose.

 

I'll wait until the missing member of this picture finally officially enters FEH before I want anyone to act on this at all, to spare you the effort of having to make him from scratch (and I insist on this). So it might not be for months or even years that this request is fulfilled- Nils ranked high among Blazing characters in CYL2 I think, so hopefully it won't be for relatively too long (by which I mean a year). You're free, if anyone really wants to for some reason, to preassemble all but Nils (and probably Hector since you'll want to adjust him according to Nils), and have the half-finished scene just waiting for the centerpiece to arrive and then add it then for a quicker finish then. But know I did not and am not asking for that. 

I just want to get this request out of my system and on the record, I'm getting annoyed of thinking on it and whether I should list this request or not for now, so I am posting it at least.

But when Nils finally arrives in Heroes, could someone replicate this scene using sprites? 

Desertfun

You don't need to the stagger the characters in different levels of -ground (as in foreground, background and midground). You can just put Lyn to Hector's and Nils's left, and Eliwood and Ninian to H&N's right on the same plane/line. I think it'd possibly better in sprite form that way anyhow.

Do keep a desert background.

And you're free to modify Eliwood's expression a bit. This version of the CG was from a prototype of FE7, the final version has a sepia layer and doesn't feature Ninian and Eliwood in it at all. I think they might have dropped Eliwood here because he looks odd (to me at least) the way he is standing and staring when everyone else, including Ninian the normally shy, reserved, mysterious girl, is laughing (which is a little out of character for Ninian- and she and Eliwood have nothing to do with this scene in the final game). So go ahead and make Eliwood a little more jovial- a bigger smile, laughing- something to him fit in more with the other four.

 

One final note- if Lifis gets into FEH before Nils, which I very much doubt, but just in case, then I'll cancel this request and instead ask for something completely different involving Lifis and Leif (who should get in with or before Lifis- it'd be an clearly intentional snub if Leif did not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP has been updated with new requests. Have at em, you crazy kids.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:58 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Anyways, @NekoKnight, I was wondering if we should try to split the request list into two sections, one for stuff like the request just above where it's simple so-and-so's head on what's-his-face's body with recolors and the like, and one for trickier stuff, like when that RWBY request happened - it was a big project and it never got done, so it just sat there at the top of the list and everyone wondered what it was doing there.

Hm, I suppose we could make a "short list" of easier requests, although it's a little subjective which requests are "easy". Most edits are "so-and-so's parts with these colors". Maybe I'll divide it between detailed requests with specific parts vs complicated requests requiring new assets or complex scenes.

23 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Aw hell the old one got scrapped? So many good spriteworks in that one RIP... hope we still get the old pictures or portfolios from our folks who did stuff ~3~

Most of the completed sprites are on my computer so it's mostly just the uugh task of re-uploading Naga knows how many images and reformatting the image galleries.

17 hours ago, Sire said:

Crystal (OC Character) || Sprite Artist: NekoKnight?

Yup, that was mine.

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also I guess I volunteer as Thread Troll Mod-ish-thing like I ended up being last time - you know, the guy who bugs all the newbies about not being specific enough and the like. I'll also voluntarily bug Neko about updating the OP if it goes too long without being updated if that's needed, so Neko can focus on other stuff without having to check this every so often to stay caught up.

You can be the Clippy of this thread. "Looks like the OP hasn't been updated in 2 months, need some help?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been kinda swamped with sprite requests on my blog so I dunno if I'll be able to take requests for a while, but I'll keep posting the sprites I make here in case anyone wants to use them.

(I don't remember what the last sprite I posted was so I apologize if some of these are repeats)

image.png.7075396f4060d5374518a0ee7b650b6f.pngimage.png.0886dd0d2ef899f33f85a4c5696c1432.pngimage.png.9a30678617d139ca8684bb0de7ffc701.pngimage.png.f71551581b3e8fc2187118e8b718f9d1.pngimage.png.15f89831ecd08b017edfcd648d9a1ab9.pngimage.png.696bbf34dd6e0667f266cae4a4ef0147.pngimage.png.abeb18d900d5c1501c5dc88faf22465e.pngimage.png.e332a5bbbf3fc94e5fcc82907970aed0.pngimage.png.1b051561c9de32655841831efd67b484.pngimage.png.97ce2d9d8b131932b78945967d1bd22a.pngimage.png.954ae551d153690e9e8697ba3e1efcc3.pngimage.png.74bacf829a50a187ea08a2e13bdb8d49.pngimage.png.8a6013a5a91dd89e5c8de06cd2c28896.pngimage.png.51d31d9e1876be128fc11d1bdb30c4ef.pngimage.png.87ccb3a4e5fe54ee1c2369ae8ab079c1.pngimage.png.671c30edc2a880c64a9e0a8bf4183b8e.pngimage.png.3967a1f9ca39e26fb5237da9e55288b4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we re-request now? I had requested a Lewyn and Ferry sprite but there were a bunch of people ahead of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 6:01 PM, immatx said:

Do we re-request now? I had requested a Lewyn and Ferry sprite but there were a bunch of people ahead of me.

I already did both of them, didn't realize there was a request for them

 

 

Edited by peevthesheev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, immatx said:

Do we re-request now? I had requested a Lewyn and Ferry sprite but there were a bunch of people ahead of me.

Unfortunately, the last request list was deleted so it's being built anew on a first come, first serve basis. Remember, the better you're able to describe how you want your request put together, the more likely someone will pick it up. Only your first request will be recorded.

Edit: Ninja'd. All's well that ends well.

Edited by NekoKnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

I already did both of them, didn't realize there was a request for them

Untitled-2.png

Ferry.png

Lewyn lost his hat lol. Yeah I requested it a while ago, but it was them together so a little different

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Unfortunately, the last request list was deleted so it's being built anew on a first come, first serve basis. Remember, the better you're able to describe how you want your request put together, the more likely someone will pick it up. Only your first request will be recorded.

Alright, I'll see if i have it saved somewhere. I think I still have the images I used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Lewyn lost his hat lol. Yeah I requested it a while ago, but it was them together so a little different

Alright, I'll see if i have it saved somewhere. I think I still have the images I used

He doesn't have the top of his scarf because it's Grumpy Gen 2 Forseti Lewyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...