Sprite Thread Revival

NekoKnight

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

@peevthesheev Thanks for the update. Also, That Arione looks sick! I so hope they put him in Heroes.

I do to, I like the dynamic between him and Altena. The whole "i'm fighting for her, not for you, Seliph" is something I'm a fan of as well.

In any case, he's a far more gray character than his good old dad, who has straight up painted himself black, and I like gray

3 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

I do to, I like the dynamic between him and Altena. The whole "i'm fighting for her, not for you, Seliph" is something I'm a fan of as well.

In any case, he's a far more gray character than his good old dad, who has straight up painted himself black, and I like gray

I like Travant for how he was so willing to be the bad guy to help his people. Don't know that I'd call him admirable or a good person or ruler, but it's a neat aspect to his character. That said, I definitely prefer Arione, and his relationship with Altena is one of my favorites in the series.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

I like Travant for how he was so willing to be the bad guy to help his people. Don't know that I'd call him admirable or a good person or ruler, but it's a neat aspect to his character. That said, I definitely prefer Arione, and his relationship with Altena is one of my favorites in the series.

Travant is definitely an asshole for what he did to Quan, Ethlyn and Altena. But, like Arvis, he was pushed to desperation thanks to Quan not helping matters between Thracia and Leonster. But unlike Arvis, Travant isn't really being forced into doing horrible shit, but he sees that he has to be a villain to allow Thracia to prosper, thanks to it being ruled by Arione and Altena

5 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

Travant is definitely an asshole for what he did to Quan, Ethlyn and Altena. But, like Arvis, he was pushed to desperation thanks to Quan not helping matters between Thracia and Leonster. But unlike Arvis, Travant isn't really being forced into doing horrible shit, but he sees that he has to be a villain to allow Thracia to prosper, thanks to it being ruled by Arione and Altena

Yeah, having to witness that was brutal, and I always felt like that it wasn't truly scripted, just heavily favoring Travant, made it all the more painful.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:25 AM, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, having to witness that was brutal, and I always felt like that it wasn't truly scripted, just heavily favoring Travant, made it all the more painful.

It's shit like the Yied Massacre and the Battle of Belhalla that makes me crave a Genealogy remake, but dread it as well. Genealogy was by far the most violent FE, but I feel like it also had the best story as well. Seeing those brutal events in cutscenes would be incredible. Hell, even Eldigan's death would be amazing

Speaking of which, have you read the Oosawa manga? It's a fantastic manga that takes every single dark moment you've ever imagined in Genealogy and makes it 10 times worse by actually going into detail. Like, "Ethlyn cuts her own throat so Travant can't use her as leverage against Quan" levels of detail

Edited by peevthesheev

@peevthesheev I would kill for a Thracia and/or Genealogy remake, especially with how great the art in Heroes has been for all of them. I want to say I actually started to read it, but got too busy before I could get very far. Not sure if there's more than one FE4 manga. That said, thank you for reminding me. I need to get back to that.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Not sure if there's more than one FE4 manga.

At least two for each generation, IIRC. Ōsawa’s may be the most famous, but it’s definitely not the only one.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:14 PM, Vaximillian said:

At least two for each generation, IIRC. Ōsawa’s may be the most famous, but it’s definitely not the only one.

There's the Oosawa one, which covers both Generations, and is probably the best and most faithful manga, and is my personal favorite. One of my favorite things about it is how willing Oosawa is to give antagonists a sympathetic light, like Andorey, Reptor, and Pamela, as well as a lot of her pairings matching up with mine. Plus I like the fact that she took the not so subtle allusions to Eldigan and Lachesis's real feelings and made them straight up fact, although it came at the cost of making Eldigan's wife into a jealous bitch who wanted Lachesis dead

The Nuts Fujimori is a gag manga that ends when Sigurd starts marching on Phinora, before shit starts REALLY hitting the fan. This was probably for the best, because I don't think there is any god damn way to portray Phinora through Belhalla in a humorous light

There's the Nea Fuyuki manga, which covers from the start of Gen 2 to Travant's defeat. I'm not really a fan of this one, if only because it changes Arione to a woman, something that just looks and feels wrong.

I don't know much about the last manga, to be honest

Edited by peevthesheev

There's the Oosawa one, which covers both Generations, and is probably the best and most faithful manga, and is my personal favorite. One of my favorite things about it is how willing Oosawa is to give antagonists a sympathetic light, like Andorey, Reptor, and Pamela, as well as a lot of her pairings matching up with mine. Plus I like the fact that she took the not so subtle allusions to Eldigan and Lachesis's real feelings and made them straight up fact, although it came at the cost of making Eldigan's wife into a jealous bitch who wanted Lachesis dead

The Nuts Fujimori is a gag manga that ends when Sigurd starts marching on Phinora, before shit starts REALLY hitting the fan. This was probably for the best, because I don't think there is any god damn way to portray Phinora through Belhalla in a humorous light

There's the Nea Fuyuki manga, which covers from the start of Gen 2 to Travant's defeat. I'm not really a fan of this one, if only because it changes Arione to a woman, something that just looks and feels wrong.

I don't know much about the last manga, to be honest

Sister status Only Child.png

So in that last worded manga, Altena is a lesbian? I just need to see Fem!Arione.

2 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

So in that last worded manga, Altena is a lesbian? I just need to see Fem!Arione.

Nope. Just a platonic, adopted sibling relationship. A lesbian Altena would have been an interesting way to keep the "adopted siblings falling in love" meme fresh, but Fuyuki just cut off Arione's dick and the romance with it

Nope. Just a platonic, adopted sibling relationship. A lesbian Altena would have been an interesting way to keep the "adopted siblings falling in love" meme fresh, but Fuyuki just cut off Arione's dick and the romance with it

oh, so not even a creative genderbend?

8 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

oh, so not even a creative genderbend?

I'm guessing they just wanted to kill the incest and thought Arion was very womany with his long hair?

areone.png

I can see a little something here. But why change Arion's sex in case of wanting to kill incest. Same sex incest shouldn't be as bad as normal incest, if it is consensual, since no children can result.

Although I wouldn't mind a Queen of Thracia: Arion coming eventually in a genderbent banner. Alongside Martha of Altea, Manith of Begnion, and Vaido of Bern.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 4/6/2018 at 5:53 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm guessing they just wanted to kill the incest and thought Arion was very womany with his long hair?

areone.png

I can see a little something here.

Although I wouldn't mind a Arion

It's possible, seeing how Fuyuki doesn't go for Seliph/Julia, and instead goes for Seliph/Lana and fucking Ares/Julia of all people

Although, it is hinted that Larcei likes Shannan, so who the hell knows

Man, it really doesn't take much to make Arione into a woman

Edited by peevthesheev

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bahahahahaha! She is beautiful! And so serious.

Better than someone you know is a trap, like Lucius.

Kind of a shame Altena doesn't swing that way

Man, I wonder if real Arione and Altena get into some kinky shit when no ones around

That's one of the things I really don't like about Thracia, how much gets retconned. Arione gets a fiancee, Arvis of all fucking people has an illegitimate kid to make up for the fact that neither Julia nor Julius inherited major Fala blood

52 minutes ago, peevthesheev said:

Kind of a shame Altena doesn't swing that way

Man, I wonder if real Arione and Altena get into some kinky shit when no ones around

That's one of the things I really don't like about Thracia, how much gets retconned. Arione gets a fiancee, Arvis of all fucking people has an illegitimate kid to make up for the fact that neither Julia nor Julius inherited major Fala blood

I thought he gets married to Altena. Gotta go brush up on my facts since the two things I go for in Judgral nowadays is Rein and Arvis

4 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I thought he gets married to Altena. Gotta go brush up on my facts since the two things I go for in Judgral nowadays is Rein and Arvis

In Thracia, he's engaged to Linoan, who is in love with Dean, but her ending states that she never married, so he probably eventually got with Altena

8 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Oh.

It's a relatively minor change, and doesn't actually affect Arione and Altena's story, so I don't mind that TOO much

But Arvis of all people having sex with a woman that isn't Deirdre? Nah, son, miss me with that shit

2 hours ago, peevthesheev said:

It's a relatively minor change, and doesn't actually affect Arione and Altena's story, so I don't mind that TOO much

But Arvis of all people having sex with a woman that isn't Deirdre? Nah, son, miss me with that shit

I figured Linoan was more to show that there were marriages of duty rather than all the marriages of love showed throughout Genealogy.

As for Saias, yeah, that does really seem OOC for Arvis. It's a shame because I quite like Saias as a character.

That's quite an interesting change for Arione.

From looking at the art, I do believe that is the one I started.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I figured Linoan was more to show that there were marriages of duty rather than all the marriages of love showed throughout Genealogy.

As for Saias, yeah, that does really seem OOC for Arvis. It's a shame because I quite like Saias as a character.

That's quite an interesting change for Arione.

From looking at the art, I do believe that is the one I started.

Linoan doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as Saias. It's been said many times that Arvis was never attracted to any woman before Deirdre, thanks to his Oedipus complex. So to make Saias, he either fucked Aida before he met Deirdre, which would be seriously out of character for him to be anywhere near attracted to her, or he did it AFTER he and Deirdre were together, and given how Arvis's father was and how Arvis hated Victor for what he did, this is another impossibility. 

While I agree with you that Saias is a good character, his existence fucking infuriates me because of who his father is. It would have been so much simpler to give Julius or Julius major Fala blood and be done with it. Although, I don't know if a character can actually have 2 different full holy bloods, given that we never saw someone with it

While I don't advocate reading a manga before it's finished, I can never say enough good things about the Osawa manga. If you're interested, you should definitely pick that shit up