Do you ever give your FE characters dumb/weird nicknames?

DarkDestr0yer61

I've definitely taken to calling Hinoka "Quinoa" (pronounced kwin-OH-ah, obviously) because I absolutely cannot fucking remember her name. Quinoa came about because they sound similar and they're about equally as bland. If that doesn't work, Sakura's sister.

Let me take you to the Church of the 'Boro, the regal, glorious, magnificent, adorable, racist fashionista, AKA Aurora Borealis and wielder of the Serpent Spear Ouroboro (head canon only).

Ryoma is Ryomer in my tongue.  Occasionally I speak his full name, which is Ryomer Gomez.

Lucina can be either Lucile, Lucy, or even Lucia Lachance, though she'd deny that last name due to its ties to... darker occupations.

Chrom is Bred Chrom (which is said in about the stupidest possible way you could imagine), or sometimes he's even just Crumb.

Marth is Marthipan because Caeda won't allow me to make nicknames for him so I just steal hers.

Sakura is Sakura Spirit because spirit scrolls are a thing and the main thing her name makes me think of is not the character from Naruto or some other popular anime, nor the actual thing she's named after (tree blossoms), but rather this one specific visual novel (one of dozens that use "Sakura" in the title) that I watched someone from Vinesauce "play".

Leo is Leonardo DiCaprio

vseSera.jpg

just because.

Tharja is Thotja, because I don't actually hate her, but damn if that isn't the stupidest, funniest name I've heard salt shakers call someone.

And I have at least a hundred more nicknames for characters in this series because my brain is dysfunctional I guess.

I call fae chickadee since she's pretty much a hatchling in dragon years

Tiki is usually referred to as Teekers

Hinoka goes by either Noka or Nokia because of the guard naginata

Marth is bishounen and Minerva is Legretta because va jokes

General:

"One-Man Army" for anyone who becomes one.

"Glorified Cheerleader" for anyone who's purpose has deteriorated into only being there to provide support bonuses

Awakening:

Donnel is "Hero" after realizing that both of his reclassing options can promote him into one.

Laurent is "(Archanean) Gandalf/Merlin" due to him having the highest magic stat in every single one of my playthroughs.

Yarne is "Wildcard" as he ranges from an excellent unit to an outright terrible one depending on how kind the child mechanic is to him. The fact that his recruitment chapter is among the hardest in the game doesn't help matters.

Kellam is "Intergalactic Interdimensional Time Assassin" after creating a (half-)joking headcannon over what Kellam does in his free time.

Gaius is "Redeemed Hero" as he became my top unit after I reclassed him into, guess what, a hero, making it kind of jarring that returned to crime after the game was over.

Echoes:

Delthea is "Magical Nuke," which doesn't require much explanation.

Mathilda is "Yalkyrie" as she's called such in the game.

Kliff is "Black Knight" as he was a cavalier in my first run of the game, and a very good one at that.

Genny is "Little Sheep" because of the hair and because I have a headcannon that she's a sheep laguz.

Deen is "Deenward" for obvious reasons.

In Gaiden, Grieth was "M.Bison"

Somewhat unrelated, but Duma is a Metriod boss, due to his look and boss theme.

Heroes:

Lukas was "the tank with two movement (and no armor weakness)" as he had the highest defense of all my units, yet suffered none of the penalties of an armor unit (before I deleted the game because it took up too much space).

Sazio was "the Fates ninja guy (who's personality probably sucked)." I haven't played fates, so I can't comment on the characters, but I haven't heard the best of things about them.

Edited by Hawkwing

All the time, honestly, at least ever since playing Fates.
Here are some of my (not so) hilarious nicknames / phrases I associate with characters:

Awakening:
Chrom - Royal Ike / Ladykiller
Sumia - Sumi
Nowi - MFP (Married for Personality)
Vaike - Teach
Nah - Destroyer of Worlds' sister
F!Morgan - Destroyer of Worlds
M!Morgan - Destroyer of Continents
Say'ri - What if Milla (Tales of Xillia) had black hair?
Lissa - Psycho Cutie / The Shining - Cute version
Frederick - Freddy bear / Wall beyond gods
Walhart - Walmart
Gangrel - Ashnard The Lunatic

Fates:
Xander - Xanderp
Ryoma - Mr. Overrated AF / Lobster / Worst King Ever
Oboro - Scary Face
Benny - Scary Face 2.0
Camilla - Tiddies / Thot / "I am the reason people picked Conquest"
Arthur - Captain Fail
Charlotte - Charlotte Flair
Beruka - Female Snake
Felicia - Feli Feli / Meido
Mozu - Killager
Jakob - A-Hole
Takumi - Takudouche / Taco Meme
Hinoka - Discount Sully
Elise - The real only reason to join Nohr
Azura - Fugly
Kaze - Bro
Silas - Creep / Lolicon (glass house, ho! because I married Nowi in Awakening and I would totally marry Elise in Fates that automatically makes me one, too, right?)
Shigure - Fugly' Son / Fugly Hair Cut
Nyx - Edgy Nowi

Echoes:
Celica - Toyota / Futaba - The Later Years
Alm - Bavaria Green
Mae - Bae
Boey - Moey
Genny - Little Miss Invincible
Delthea - Lolinuke / Pre-Witch Lisette
Faye - Princess Tank
Saber - Mr. Badass
Kamui - Kellam's dad
Berkut - Sir Shoutsalot
Rinea - Sir Shoutsalot's wife-to-be
Rudolf - Walmart's dad
Duma - Cyclops Grima
Mila - Everyone's Mom / Valentia's Milf

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

I sometimes call Reinhardt "Rein-time" but that's more of a result of his Heroes popularity than anything else.

Xenoblade reference? "NOW IT'S REYN  REIN TIME!"

I used to call Sain Mr. Pervert, one time I called Ike a good boy like a freakin dog lol. Lon'qu is Lonky. I don't really have many.

Let's see:

• Chrom = Google, Chrome, Google Chrome or Chrom Nom
  • Delthea = Philadelthea
  • Virion = Bow Valter
  • Valter = Elder Toguro or Lance Virion
  • Felicia = Fumbles or Stumbles
  • Severa/Selena = Apple Head
  • Inigo/Laslow = Montoya
  • Odin/Owain = Joseph or JoJo
  • Hector = DC Fodder
  • Takumi = Takuminati or Taco Meat
  • Ryoma = Kill Stealer or Fried Lobster
  • Stave units in Heroes = The Paths of Pain+
  • Fiona = Trash

I called Felicia "Destroyer of Worlds" ironically because she was one of the first people my brother pulled in Heroes.

Chrom is Chrommo or Chrome

Validar is Invalidar

My mom once mistook me saying Takumi for taco meat, so I call him that now

Usually I change one or two letters of a characters' name just so it sounds dumb

Edit: Forgot to mention I call Soleil Solgay

Edited by Lucielia

Brady: Travis Touchdown. It's the hair.
Panne: Panini
Soleil: Lasbian
Frederick: God Rod (due to his Heroes art)
Lachesis: Roxas
Odin: Smoked Ham
Nephenee: Neph Neph
Mila: Soryad
Hawkeye: Shulkeye

These are the only ones I can remember at the moment.

18 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Can you elaborate on this one?

It's a weird "joke" of sorts with a friend. He doesn't really know much about Fire Emblem, but he sure loves his Xenoblade. We'll gush back and forth about our favorite games and one day we were on the topic of the Elibe games. I was talking about Roy and Ninian headcanons, making Roy a part human, part dragon hybrid. When I got around to mentioning Hawkeye, he started comparing Roy to Fiora due to the whole hybrid thing and pointed out that Hawkeye loves both people and dragons and that Roy, in the headcanon situation, is both, and thus a weird ship was born.