Jump to content
Erik-a

Should I pick Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble in Revelation?

Recommended Posts

I changed my Corrin into the Dark Falcon class, and she seems unstoppable if they aren't any archers up against her, but what should I make Dwyer or Kana into? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morswo said:

With magic boon is the nohr noble the better choice, because you can use tomes.

I'll base my decision off of that then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Dwyer should be Hoshido Noble and Kana should be Nohr Noble.

If you have plenty of healers as is (or you plan on not using any healers), Nohr Noble all the way.  It's really just a matter of whether you want your units to be semi mages or semi healers.  Though for Hoshidan Noble, you might also want to pick up some activation-based skills (Aether, Luna, etc.) and have the Nohr Noble pair up with someone who has a lot of activation-based skills, just so their later skills are actually effective.  But that isn't so important in the long run; it's just something to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd say Dwyer should be Hoshido Noble and Kana should be Nohr Noble.

If you have plenty of healers as is (or you plan on not using any healers), Nohr Noble all the way.  It's really just a matter of whether you want your units to be semi mages or semi healers.  Though for Hoshidan Noble, you might also want to pick up some activation-based skills (Aether, Luna, etc.) and have the Nohr Noble pair up with someone who has a lot of activation-based skills, just so their later skills are actually effective.  But that isn't so important in the long run; it's just something to think about.

I made Dwyer into a Nohr Noble, but I don't know what I'll do with Kana yet. I'm gonna level him up a bit more first before I make a choice. I based my decision on having more magic users on my unit. I love using magic in FE and I'll always find room for more magic in my units. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's your choice.  Neither promotion is objectively terrible, though I've always favored Nohr Noble anyway because of Draconic Hex pretty much being the most powerful debuff skill you can get on a playable unit, which is great for weakening enemy bosses/powerful units for your weaker units to demolish.  And there's the option to always switch to the other anyway, granted if you have any Heart Seals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's your choice.  Neither promotion is objectively terrible, though I've always favored Nohr Noble anyway because of Draconic Hex pretty much being the most powerful debuff skill you can get on a playable unit, which is great for weakening enemy bosses/powerful units for your weaker units to demolish.  And there's the option to always switch to the other anyway, granted if you have any Heart Seals.

Draconic Hex really helped me out in the Endgame of Conquest (needless to say was the hardest chapter in the game for me to beat, aside from chapter ten), so for the purpose of that, I might go with Nohr Noble for Kana, but maybe switch over later with a Heart Seal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik-a said:

I changed my Corrin into the Dark Falcon class, and she seems unstoppable if they aren't any archers up against her, but what should I make Dwyer or Kana into? 

I’d go with Hosidan. The ability to use staves is much more useful than tomes. Most units can use tomes when promoted, like the spear fighter to the basara. Since Corrin will generally be on the front line (at least he/she should be) he/she can keep his allies at full health, since the Yato is 100 times more useful than tomes, and that’s what the Kodachi/Wakazachi are for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik-a said:

Draconic Hex really helped me out in the Endgame of Conquest (needless to say was the hardest chapter in the game for me to beat, aside from chapter ten), so for the purpose of that, I might go with Nohr Noble for Kana, but maybe switch over later with a Heart Seal. 

If you have heart seals, definitely dabble in both since Nohrian Trust + Hoshidan Unity + Draconic Hex (Quixotic too if you have it) is a combo you can do really nasty things with.  As for a final class, either is fine depending on what role you want your character to fill.  Personally I prefer Nohr Noble because of tomes: doubling at 2-range and being able to counter on the EP really helped me out in Conquest.  All staff duties were left to Niles, Elise, and all those Falconknights I captured, lol.  I always equip Horse Spirit, and leave Yato in my inventory since its stat bonuses will still stack with those of Horse Spirit even though it's not equipped.

Chapter 10 was really difficult, but hardest Chapter in CQ for me was definitely 17 on Lunatic.  The Grisly Wound + Poison Strike Ninjas led to many instances of me throwing my DS against the wall.  So surprised it didn't break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Will Bill said:

I’d go with Hosidan. The ability to use staves is much more useful than tomes. Most units can use tomes when promoted, like the spear fighter to the basara. Since Corrin will generally be on the front line (at least he/she should be) he/she can keep his allies at full health, since the Yato is 100 times more useful than tomes, and that’s what the Kodachi/Wakazachi are for

While most units can use tomes when promoted, not all of them can do well with them, especially hybrid classes.

24 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

If you have heart seals, definitely dabble in both since Nohrian Trust + Hoshidan Unity + Draconic Hex (Quixotic too if you have it) is a combo you can do really nasty things with.  As for a final class, either is fine depending on what role you want your character to fill.  Personally I prefer Nohr Noble because of tomes: doubling at 2-range and being able to counter on the EP really helped me out in Conquest.  All staff duties were left to Niles, Elise, and all those Falconknights I captured, lol.  I always equip Horse Spirit, and leave Yato in my inventory since its stat bonuses will still stack with those of Horse Spirit even though it's not equipped.

Chapter 10 was really difficult, but hardest Chapter in CQ for me was definitely 17 on Lunatic.  The Grisly Wound + Poison Strike Ninjas led to many instances of me throwing my DS against the wall.  So surprised it didn't break.

That's IF she can get that before the game is over, and I consider that a VERY big if because level 15 skills are literally Last Disc Magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, anniec8711 said:

If you have heart seals, definitely dabble in both since Nohrian Trust + Hoshidan Unity + Draconic Hex (Quixotic too if you have it) is a combo you can do really nasty things with.  As for a final class, either is fine depending on what role you want your character to fill.  Personally I prefer Nohr Noble because of tomes: doubling at 2-range and being able to counter on the EP really helped me out in Conquest.  All staff duties were left to Niles, Elise, and all those Falconknights I captured, lol.  I always equip Horse Spirit, and leave Yato in my inventory since its stat bonuses will still stack with those of Horse Spirit even though it's not equipped.

Chapter 10 was really difficult, but hardest Chapter in CQ for me was definitely 17 on Lunatic.  The Grisly Wound + Poison Strike Ninjas led to many instances of me throwing my DS against the wall.  So surprised it didn't break.

I basically went with Nohr Noble as my choice. Tomes are my favorite way to attack and I have different choices of what types I can use for any of the individual units able to use them (depending). I did Hoshido Noble on my Birthright file, so I decided to do something different this time. The Yato is still on my Corrin, although she can't use it due to the class I changed her, too, and I use Horse Spirit as well. Also Mjölnir has been really helpful in playing through Revelation. I might change Dwyer or Kana over to Hoshido Noble later once they get more skills equipped, but I don't know yet.

Edited by Erik-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever Noble you choose depends on preference.  I go Nohr because I want Corrin attacking rather than using a staff on PP.  Plus I get to retaliate against ranged enemies, and still be able to crit and activate skills.  Ranged options for Hoshido Noble is limited b/c Kodachi can't crit or trigger skills, and Wakizashi can't 1-range.

Dwyer would be a good choice for Hoshido Noble to take advantage of his stat rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the Nohr Noble for it's aesthetics* Sexy edgy black is sexy* and gameplay * I like throwing thunderbolts at people *.

 

Rev swarms you in both healers and magic users so it's not like your team will be hurting either way.

 

So it really depends on personal preference. Do you prefer Wholesome White or Sexy Black and want to heal or use magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nohr Noble gives you a higher Magic growth and promotion bonus, so it's definitely the better class if you want to use the Dragon Stone or Levin Sword. I always choose based on whether I want Corrin to be a combat or support unit and / or whom they are married to, because of the pair up bonuses.
If you want to be a support unit, go Hoshidan Noble for Staff utility and Dragon Ward, if you want to be a (magic) combat unit, go Nohr Noble for better Dragonstone usage, Tomes and stronger Levin Sword hits. Draconic Hex is awesome, too. For physical combat units, I suggest switching to your partner's class if they have a physical one or to your talent class if it's a physical one, though make sure you can use swords after switching if you want to keep using the Yato in combat. Something like Dread Fighter, Lodestar (if you're male) or Great Lord (if you're female) might work, too.
If you married a physical character, like Silas or Kaze, consider Hoshido Noble for the superior Strength bonus due to pair up, if you married a Magic user, like Leo or Odin, go Nohr Noble for the superior boost to Magic.

Just some stuff to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 3:25 AM, Corrin_Kamui said:

I prefer the Nohr Noble for it's aesthetics* Sexy edgy black is sexy* and gameplay * I like throwing thunderbolts at people *.

 

Rev swarms you in both healers and magic users so it's not like your team will be hurting either way.

 

So it really depends on personal preference. Do you prefer Wholesome White or Sexy Black and want to heal or use magic?

I prefer magic, especially ones that land critical hits! After having chosen Hoshido Noble in Birthright and choosing Nohr Noble in Revelation, it's safe to say that I prefer Nohr Noble for the sake of using tomes. Mjölnir has to be my favorite magic to use and second in line is Horse Spirit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 4:41 AM, DragonFlames said:

Nohr Noble gives you a higher Magic growth and promotion bonus, so it's definitely the better class if you want to use the Dragon Stone or Levin Sword. I always choose based on whether I want Corrin to be a combat or support unit and / or whom they are married to, because of the pair up bonuses.
If you want to be a support unit, go Hoshidan Noble for Staff utility and Dragon Ward, if you want to be a (magic) combat unit, go Nohr Noble for better Dragonstone usage, Tomes and stronger Levin Sword hits. Draconic Hex is awesome, too. For physical combat units, I suggest switching to your partner's class if they have a physical one or to your talent class if it's a physical one, though make sure you can use swords after switching if you want to keep using the Yato in combat. Something like Dread Fighter, Lodestar (if you're male) or Great Lord (if you're female) might work, too.
If you married a physical character, like Silas or Kaze, consider Hoshido Noble for the superior Strength bonus due to pair up, if you married a Magic user, like Leo or Odin, go Nohr Noble for the superior boost to Magic.

Just some stuff to think about.

I chose Nohr Noble based on the higher magic growth and had Kana keep using the Dragon Stone since I changed both him and Dwyer to Nohr Noble. Draconic Hex was one of the main reasons that I managed to beat Conquest since I made Corrin (in that game) into a Nohr Noble, then changed her into the Great Lord class afterwards once she reached level 5 as a Nohr Noble. I would've had an easier time during the final boss battle in Revelation if I didn't go directly from Nohr Princess to Dark Falcon. Kana and Dwyer had that skill, though. That's good stuff to think about if I ever decide to try a harder difficulty in Revelation later on, though! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Erik-a said:

I chose Nohr Noble based on the higher magic growth and had Kana keep using the Dragon Stone since I changed both him and Dwyer to Nohr Noble. Draconic Hex was one of the main reasons that I managed to beat Conquest since I made Corrin (in that game) into a Nohr Noble, then changed her into the Great Lord class afterwards once she reached level 5 as a Nohr Noble. I would've had an easier time during the final boss battle in Revelation if I didn't go directly from Nohr Princess to Dark Falcon. Kana and Dwyer had that skill, though. That's good stuff to think about if I ever decide to try a harder difficulty in Revelation later on, though! Thanks!

No problem, glad I could help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really comes down to personal preference, if you would rather magic, go with Nohr noble, if you would rather swords go with hoshido noble, I personally prefer nohr noble for magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late reply: At equal level and skill setups nhorble will always outpreform hoshble in combat regardless of boon/bane/talent/supports/skills.

If you want staves go for a class that gets A/S staves. Or falco.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...