Easiest Way To Level Up My Units

Captain Karnage

so I'm getting quite impatient as I feel like my guys aren't leveling up quick enough for my liking, I know I can just sell cheap weapons in order to use the training grounds, but it's getting a little to expensive for my in game wallet.

any suggestions, I just need to get a few guys high enough so I can do some of the challenges in history mode.

Grinding paragon from Marth would probably be he first thing you would want to do to double exp. Then doing a map around you current level would be best. Using Awakening Modes Exp boost would also help.

That's really all I can think of.

24 minutes ago, Azz said:

Grinding paragon from Marth would probably be he first thing you would want to do to double exp. Then doing a map around you current level would be best. Using Awakening Modes Exp boost would also help.

That's really all I can think of.

Paragon + Exp Blessing like this says is the best method. 

Heroes Challenge has tons of maps to grind materials on so you can get those while you power up.

I farm the Gold Rush mission types (no idea what they're called in English) for supports and unlocking weapon attributes and simply end up with enough money to just throw money at the problem. I've managed to get all of my characters to level 100 without ever having to specifically farm money.

All of my characters also get Paragon off of Marth pretty early when I'm farming supports (right after Astra, Luna, and Armored Blow), so the remaining levels to the level cap aren't too difficult to just get passively like that.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Paragon + Exp Blessing like this says is the best method. 

Heroes Challenge has tons of maps to grind materials on so you can get those while you power up.

But they are also mostly low level. You won't get too much experience out of most of them.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

But they are also mostly low level. You won't get too much experience out of most of them.

WIth paragon, even slim amounts of exp will add up over time, even if they just get kicked to the "back" of a pair up. I have it on everyone and it's why most of them are in their late 70s (some early 80s, marth in particular in his 90s)

And lord knows you'll be running the hero challenge maps over and over and over again for materials or to unlock skills (True Power, in my case).

Also if you just use training grounds in short bursts, like to get some people up about 5 levels, its pretty easy to eat the cost just by playing the game normally. The weapons add up pretty quick, you're generally pretty raking in money normally from maps. I've never really bothered with. Like I've dipped into TG to get some lesser used units several times up to speed (Lyn & Celica in particular I just straight leveled to 50 all at once) and i am about to pass the 8 million marker again. Just rolling in money I've basically nothing to do with.but i'm not at content i feel i need to raise levels over.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

WIth paragon, even slim amounts of exp will add up over time, even if they just get kicked to the "back" of a pair up. I have it on everyone and it's why most of them are in their late 70s (some early 80s, marth in particular in his 90s)

And lord knows you'll be running the hero challenge maps over and over and over again for materials or to unlock skills (True Power, in my case).

Yeah, but all of mine (except Niles who I intentionally had bite the dust) are over 100 so it certainly takes a while. My highest level at the moment is 117 I believe. Plus, I did the checking. I have enough supplies I believe to get all of the Awakening crew's weapons to their full potential when the time comes except for the DLC characters (I might have Owain's, but I kind of doubt it).

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, but all of mine (except Niles who I intentionally had bite the dust) are over 100 so it certainly takes a while. My highest level at the moment is 117 I believe. Plus, I did the checking. I have enough supplies I believe to get all of the Awakening crew's weapons to their full potential when the time comes except for the DLC characters (I might have Owain's, but I kind of doubt it).

ah okay, that's fair. I imagine the level curves get pretty steep past 90, so I've not experienced that. 

24 minutes ago, r_n said:

ah okay, that's fair. I imagine the level curves get pretty steep past 90, so I've not experienced that. 

Even level ups cost over 200,000 G now if the level is fresh, but at least the SD pack has some higher level missions. The Fates one didn't seem to have many good leveling maps.

This is how I level up (with DLC 2):

Level 104 Pincer Escape, Linde's map. Most enemies there aren't standard infantry units, and if you have effectiveness against dragons and either riders or fliers, you can take them down very quickly. They're at level 104, and can provide almost a full level even if you're at level 125 with Paragon active.

Here's how I have been grinding all my units to level 130 (currently have six units left):

Been using the level recommended above, Level 104 Pincer Escape in Knorda Market history map. Make sure every unit has Paragon. Before you go in (or any similar, lower level if you can't easily clear that map), activate Elite Blessing, which boosts your EXP gain, and make sure to either go solo or with two people (if you want to pair them up so both gain EXP). Please note that I have S rank weapons unlocked for every unit, so I have 720 (reduced to 576) might Hero Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, and Tome that is shared between units for this level. They have Dracoslayer. Wingslayer, Armor Break, and Critical Focus equipped to easily take care of a majority of enemies. Times posted below might be longer if you don't have this setup. If you do not have S rank unlocked, try to use Opus weapons.

I go to the base to the right, which is where Camilla will appear, kill her, and she will drop a full Awakening jar (if you have a sword user, or mage/archer with Quick Wit, crit the Great Knight instead). Activate Awakening, kill 50 grunts so you get another EXP boost, then start killing every captain (Camilla too if you didn't already).

As you run low on Awakening, kill more grunts to refill it a bit (75, 100, and 125 I think). I go on to kill Minerva, and the Wyvern Riders that spawn. Then, go to the upper area to kill the lone General, then go on to kill Tiki, and go for the Guardian Knights that eventually spawn. They should be coming out of the initial base you attacked at this point, so line them up and crit them. By the time you kill them, the allied base is usually taken down, usually within 4 to 5 minutes. 6 or more if you are really unlucky with the message queue (Sages need to spawn and attack the base with lightning to start dealing major damage). At this point, whether you restart or quit the battle, any EXP and levels you earned will be kept, and if all units on your team died (you can do this if the Allied Base is taking too long to fall), they will be alive if you quit and are on Classic Mode. However, if you restart, the EXP blessing will still be in effect, which will save you many, many, silver materials. Gold and weapons are not carried over, and I do not know if support gains are carried over. Once both units are at your desired level, quickly complete the level (kill Minerva and Caeda, good chance for 5* 6-slot Hero weapons now), or quit the next time you get a Game Over.

With this method, I gain 1 to 1.2 levels (for units that are level 105 or above) every five minutes (in game time), which makes it 0.5 to 0.6 per unit (once again, if both are level 105 or above) if they are paired up. If you have a unit that can solo this map, but a unit that is very underleveled, you can have said unit support the main unit and still gain many levels. If you want to to level a single unit from 110 to 130, should take around 1.5 hours.

That being said, if you are at a much lower level, try to go in to a slightly lower level (higher than the unit you want to train) with EXP blessing, and keep on using Game Over to reuse the blessing with no issue. Make sure that it is a level where you can one shot the enemies with your 720 weapons.

Seeing that experience needed has plateaued off starting at 105, and that there are higher level missions available, it is much faster to grind levels than to grind money at this point. Hoping that with the Awakening DLC, the exp needed to reach the next level cap will still remain the same so level grinding will be easier with higher level maps.

Here's a video of my route:

Edited by ShadowMario3
Adding video

While the other tips here might be more helpful than mine, I have "discovered" that your units level up as you grind materials / supports / weapon skills.
My highest level character at the moment is Celica (obviously) and I got her from level 1 to level 80 pretty much only through unlocking True Power on her Ladyblade and through farming supports and materials to give her skills and crests and stuff. Also, Luck+20 is insanely useful anyway, so increasing everyone's support level with her is a no-brainer anyway. 
From there, it was an easy shot for her to quickly become my main fighter and she's sitting comfortably at level 109, with everyone else from the standard roster being the high 70's to low 100's. I think Lianna and Lyn are only slightly behind Celica in levels, since these three are the three I tend to use the most.
My strongest DLC character is Navarre at level 72.

• 2 weeks later...

It really helps to focus on one or two characters and then level up the rest with money.

I felt like I wasn't making any sort of leveling progress until I put Paragon (Marth's double EXP skill) on Navarre and then started playing him exclusively on maps for a while.

It made a huge difference, and then I was able to catch the rest of my roster up in the training grounds.

10 hours ago, Star said:

It really helps to focus on one or two characters and then level up the rest with money.

Leveling up with money is good until 106. Then it's better to actually grind experience on the higher level maps (with Paragon, EXP blessing, and EXP boost through Awakening).

Edited by MrPerson0

12 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Leveling up with money is good until 106. Then it's better to actually grind experience on the higher level maps (with Paragon, EXP blessing, and EXP boost through Awakening).

I'm currently trying to get my units in the hundreds myself, so I need a good way to grind exp for that alone. Scenarios like the Pincer Escape level 104 is what I'm grinding for so I don't want to use it for grinding with.

Just now, twistedxgrace said:

I'm currently trying to get my units in the hundreds myself, so I need a good way to grind exp for that alone. Scenarios like the Pincer Escape level 104 is what I'm grinding for so I don't want to use it for grinding with.

I found that the high level shadow assault mission was decent for leveling. The lower ones may be too. You can only take one ally though.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I found that the high level shadow assault mission was decent for leveling. The lower ones may be too. You can only take one ally though.

I hate Shadow Rush, but if I really have no other choice...

1 minute ago, twistedxgrace said:

I hate Shadow Rush, but if I really have no other choice...

It's also pretty good for grinding out character drops if you're in need of them. Unfortunately, some characters don't have shadows in those missions. Noticeably, Marth doesn't show up. I don't think Chrom or Lucina do either. I would advise stocking up on Awakening character drops by the way for the impending DLC if you're going to get it.

54 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How many levels do you gain per run? Don't think they are as good as the level 106 villager rescue or level 104 pincer escape for leveling.

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

How many levels do you gain per run? Don't think they are as good as the level 106 villager rescue or level 104 pincer escape for leveling.

Typically, about one I think which is about what I got on the pincer escape except I could pair up and get another typically with the elite blessing. The issue was, when I went to level Cordelia, that map did not seem very friendly to a lance user. I have Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Chrom, and Cordelia at 130. Frederick I'm just sinking money into at this point while I level Marth.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Typically, about one I think which is about what I got on the pincer escape except I could pair up

Were your units level 106 or above? For the 1 level, were you counting MVP bonus or not? If they were above 106 and not counting MVP bonus, 1 level with pair up is much better than the level 106 or 104 maps.

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

Were your units level 106 or above? For the 1 level, were you counting MVP bonus or not? If they were above 106 and not counting MVP bonus, 1 level with pair up is much better than the level 106 or 104 maps.

Sometimes it took the MVP bonus, but I think both characters typically got about one or close to it. I did use the elite blessing and Awakening though with the pincer escape. With the shadow rush, I tended to aim for the Shadows and take my time so more would show up, and I believe I did get about one. I don't remember the exacts, but again, the main drawback is only being able to take one unit in. That, and it may have taken longer.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't remember the exacts, but again, the main drawback is only being able to take one unit in.

Completely misread/forgot that. So if it's one level per run, might not be as effective as the other levels.

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

Completely misread/forgot that. So if it's one level per run, might not be as effective as the other levels.

No, but it has perks like getting some Robin, Hinoka, Cordelis, Elise, Navarre, and Rowan materials. And, the lack of axes.