New Heroes: Those who Have fallen

Poimagic

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure Hardin went "Yay Darksphere have my soul oh happy day!" It devoured his turban (aka the repository of his soul), he could not have been happy at all with that. Nor being used by Gharnef and having Nyna turned into Medeus's potential breakfast.

This. Not to mention that Hardin returns to his old self right before he dies. So really, everyone in this banner is possessed against their own will.

That said, i do see where Zeratul is coming from. Of the three, Hardin has the biggest presence by a mile. Grima!Robin shows up midway through Awakening but it's not until Ch.23 that we finally find out that he's Grima. And Possessed!Celica has the least amount of screentime.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, it's a bit weird how Bold Fighter keeps showing up on units with weapons that only have their special effect on enemy phase. Especially since both of them share their banners with a unit whose weapon has that same effect but has Vengeful Fighter which actually works with it. Maybe sometime we'll get a bow armor with Bold Fighter and Armor March or something.

6 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Dammit, when are they going to finish datamining?!

There's no data to mine yet, since the update hasn't gone out. It'll probably go out in about 12 hours from now.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

World of Dawn just last month.

And, I believe, never prior to that, if you consider Rhajat to be part of her respective banners (as she was likely separated for economic reasons rather than for thematic reasons) and combine Alm/Celica's armies (which had three males and three females split among two banners.)

Yet even then, World of Dawn was out of obligation: Micaiah and Sothe were both mandatory, and Meg can't appease their armor fetish (or degrade the Black Knight) in the way Zelgius can. This is the first time where it feels like they actually could've avoided a majority-male banner and chose not to. Kudos to them for not pandering to shallow audiences for once.

Edited by Iridium

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

And, I believe, never prior to that, if you consider Rhajat to be part of her respective banners (as she was likely separated for economic reasons rather than for thematic reasons) and combine Alm/Celica's armies (which had three males and three females split among two banners.)

Yet even then, World of Dawn was out of obligation: Micaiah and Sothe were both mandatory, and Meg can't appease their armor fetish (or degrade the Black Knight) in the way Zelgius can. This is the first time where it feels like they actually could've avoided a majority-male banner and chose not to. Kudos to them.

Zelgius was in no way required. I was certainly expecting the third unit on Micaiah's banner to be one of the other girls from Part 1, like Ilyana, Meg, or Jill, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in that.

So many people complaining because they didn't follow artwork from a TCG. In other news, Celica makes me kind of sad since she's clearly unhappy and actually fighting it.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

They meant when he was shown attacking. If you look there, he isn’t holding a stone of any kind. He only has one in the pic because he isn’t equipped with Expiration there.

So...does he turn into a normal dragon then?

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Actually M!Robin and F!Robin do have different personalities. M!Robin is calmer and smarter, while F!Robin is more agressive. 

I'm not the only one!

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure what to be surprised by most right now. That they added Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter to the permanent summoning pool this quickly. That they added Ward Dragons this soon after we finally got Hone Dragons. That they added an armored dragon (paving the way for armored strike Dheginhansea). That we got Grima and Duma. That we got Hardin. That this banner is predominantly male. That these characters are in the permanent summoning pool.

I'm rather sure what to be most disappointed by right now, though. That Grima is male Robin and not female Robin. (Cipher's Grima possesses female Robin and Warriors's Velezark possesses female Robin.) I'd have liked another Sawashiro Miyuki to pull for, even if my wallet wouldn't.

It wasn't Velezark despite how they used him as a stand in for Duma, they used Grima.

1 hour ago, Sunsurge said:

OMG. I like LOVE THIS CONCEPT. But I hate Robin's art so much, omg. -_- I want to love it, because I'm obsessed with Robin, but I just really, really, hate that style of art. I appreciate the detail and stuff, but it makes me cringe. 

Celica looks SO GOOD. OMG. I want her and I DON'T need anymore Red's at all.

I'm sooo torn between pulling for Robin because I'm obsessed and GRIMA Robin is something I like .... desperately want. But his art hurts my eyes. But I love this concept, so I'm not complaining! 

Think of it like Grima is corrupting him to the point of disfiguration (how else do you explain those pecks?). Maybe it will help.

2 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Has anyone mentioned Laegjarn? The new villain that will appear in the new story chapter? Heck, she's the first named character to be a sword/wyvern unit, even if she isn't playable.

NY Camilla was a sword wyvern.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure Hardin went "Yay Darksphere have my soul oh happy day!" It devoured his turban (aka the repository of his soul), he could not have been happy at all with that. Nor being used by Gharnef and having Nyna turned into Medeus's potential breakfast.

"The girl I like doesn't like me back. I know, I'll take over the world! That'll solve things...somehow."

Yeah, Hardin had little bit of possession going on. He even loses the whole demonic eyes and skin tone and gets his own mind back for a second when you kill him.

Ah, I see I was a page behind in posting this...why wasn't Narcian a sword wyvern?

Edited by Jotari

On the topic of Laegjarn, what could her weapon effect be? Maybe it could be a dagger with a CC effect, and inverse to Fjrom’s Weapon, similar to how Gunnthra and Laevitain have inverse effects for there weapons. One works on enemy debuffs, the other works the units buffs. Of course, this idea doesn’t really work since it’s confirmed Laegjarn’s new weapon is a sword

52 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just realized that Robin’s face looks like the Grinch from the doctor suess books. I can now never get that idea out of my head.

Relevant, now Grima's here to steal Christmas

Now I that I think about, I realized that Grima Robin and Possessed Takumi mark our first playable final bosses. It's not like final bosses were banned or anything but it's still neat.

Additionally I wonder what they'll do for quotes. Hardin and Grima probably have enough characterization to work with, but possessed Celica has less than five minutes of screen time and possessed Takumi's entire character is "I hate Corrin/Nohr" and "BETRAYAL".

Also Hardin is the only character here who isn't possessed by a dragon.

Edited by Lightchao42

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Relevant

Now I that I think about, I realized that Grima Robin and Possessed Takumi mark our first playable final bosses. It's not like final bosses were banned or anything but it's still neat.

Additionally I wonder what they'll do for quotes. Hardin and Grima probably have enough characterization to work with, but possessed Celica has less than five minutes of screen time and possessed Takumi's entire character is "I hate Corrin/Nohr" and "BETRAYAL".

Wonder if we'll ever get Medeus. For the first final boss in the series, he really gets shafted when it comes to things like this...I mean I understand why, he was kind of overshadowed by Gharnef and sort of just there, but it's weird how little attention he gets compared to other series that honour the position of first antagonist.

Edited by Jotari

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Relevant, now Grima's here to steal Christmas

It was so funny that I had to change my profile pic to that. Now I wonder how C!Robin would look on Grima’s body

That is pretty neat to think about. What final boss is next? Anakos? Medues? Julius? I actually somewhat hope it’s Dragon Garon

Celica’s quotes will probably be one liners that basically say, “die.” As for Takumi, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

It was so funny that I had to change my profile pic to that. Now I wonder how C!Robin would look on Grima’s body

That is pretty neat to think about. What final boss is next? Anakos? Medues? Julius? I actually somewhat hope it’s Dragon Garon

Celica’s quotes will probably be one liners that basically say, “die.” As for Takumi, I have no idea.

Read the comments, someone posted a link to the other version.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I feel Julius is overdue as we've had Julia for quite awhile. And while his tome is mega op in game, from a spectacle level he's one of the most grounded final bosses. Like, I doubt we'll ever get Anankos, unless they use his techno hair coloured version from heirs of fate. Likewise I don't ever see them giving us access to Ashera or Fomantiis (though maybe a Lyon that summons Fomantiis as a breath weapon?). Dumasis slightly more possible, though what would excite me about him the most is the possibility of seeing Mila's dragon form, alive and in combat.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I feel Julius is overdue as we've had Julia for quite awhile. And while his tome is mega op in game, from a spectacle level he's one of the most grounded final bosses. Like, I doubt we'll ever get Anankos, unless they use his techno hair coloured version from heirs of fate. Likewise I don't ever see them giving us access to Ashera or Fomantiis (though maybe a Lyon that summons Fomantiis as a breath weapon?). Dumasis slightly more possible, though what would excite me about him the most is the possibility of seeing Mila's dragon form, alive and in combat.

Anankos could easily work since he has a distinct human form to use for map/start of battle, then turn into the weird eyeball dragon. Could even just totally ape what Grobin does and have hte head come from out of frame so they dont have to acknolwedge scale problems.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Anankos could easily work since he has a distinct human form to use for map/start of battle, then turn into the weird eyeball dragon. Could even just totally ape what Grobin does and have hte head come from out of frame so they dont have to acknolwedge scale problems.

Yeah, that's what I said.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But consider said human form is from a DLC series, I don't expect him anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, that's what I said.

But consider said human form is from a DLC series, I don't expect him anytime soon.

It shouldn't matter that it's dlc. They still designed & implemented an Anankos design. It's not like, say, they're going with the vague crusader drawings of assorted FE4 manga(s?)

And if canon is a worry let's not forget they used Anankos' human design in Hidden Truths.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But Ishtar is overdue too. And only one can be the Gen 2 Genealogy GH- oh wait! This new banner invalidates the rules that, from the start with Eldigan and Reinhardt, were a little sketchy, which the BK weakened, and which Zelgius continued to deteriorate- that villains = GHB alone.

Unless you count this banner as an exception, there is nothing to say that G2G Banner 1 can't be Ishtar-Julius-Larcei (to pick a random third).

Just now, r_n said:

It shouldn't matter that it's dlc. They still designed & implemented an Anankos design. It's not like, say, they're going with the vague crusader drawings of assorted FE4 manga(s?)

And if canon is a worry let's not forget they used Anankos' human design in Hidden Truths.

Canon may not matter much after Eirika.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I'm not disputing canonicity of the DLC. But it is less noteworthy compared to content in the main game. It's just natural that not as many people will have been exposed to that form.

said:

But Ishtar is overdue too. And only one can be the Gen 2 Genealogy GH- oh wait! This new banner invalidates the rules that, from the start with Eldigan and Reinhardt, were a little sketchy, which the BK weakened, and which Zelgius continued to deteriorate- that villains = GHB alone.

Unless you count this banner as an exception, there is nothing to say that G2G Banner 1 can't be Ishtar-Julius-Larcei (to pick a random third).

Mmm. Maybe it can be some kind of final chapter trinity. Julius, Ishtar and Manfroy.

Edited by Jotari

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm not disputing canonicity of the DLC. But it is less noteworthy compared to content in the main game. It's just natural that not as many people will have been exposed to that form.

Well it's not like Heroes has referenced DLC exclusive content before or anything.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Mmm. Maybe it can be some kind of final chapter trinity. Julius, Ishtar and Manfroy.

I don't see getting him anytime soon, just because final bosses will probably be spaced out (side note it is amazing that we got Grima before Leaf), but if they have the design they'll use it. Anankos' human form probably got more notability than some actual characters.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I don't see getting him anytime soon, just because final bosses will probably be spaced out (side note it is amazing that we got Grima before Leaf), but if they have the design they'll use it. Anankos' human form probably got more notability than some actual characters.

Certainly. I expect human Anankos over the likes of Veld.