SRPG Studio help

ProfImpossible

Hey all, I just thought I'd post these websites in case anyone was already or wanted to start messing around with SRPG Studio.

Here's the manual for the game. http://srpgstudio.com/english/help/index.html.  And here is the script reference page. http://srpgstudio.com/english/api/index.html.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I'm no whiz, but hopefully I or someone else in the thread should be able to help.

Edited by ProfImpossible
Links have been updated to English.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy lately.

You can get it here (click the DLsite link). It costs 5,940 yen (roughly 60 dollars american) but is well worth the money assuming it's really something you want to work with. ( This link is for the Japanese version, if you want that.)

You can also get it on Steam for $59.99. (As of August 2018) in English.

There should also be a trial version you can get for free.

Edited by ProfImpossible
Updated purchase information

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, Hirokaski said:

I'm planning on getting this and creating a game for steam just need to learn everything in  the demo version i may make a submission for the next fee3.

If you convert the Fire Emblem GBA battle sprites to SRPG Studio, you better share. lol

On 8/14/2018 at 5:33 PM, Hirokaski said:

I'm planning on getting this and creating a game for steam just need to learn everything in  the demo version i may make a submission for the next fee3.

Awesome! I found it to be surprisingly easy to use considering it's in Japanese. I didn't try to get into the scripting or anything (thats not my forte) and it works pretty much for what I want to do.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:03 AM, BlueLeafeon said:

If you convert the Fire Emblem GBA battle sprites to SRPG Studio, you better share. lol

Yes,  please do.

I will share the game rest assured  only thing i'm trying to figure out is how can i change the main screen before you begin the game  the demo i'm working on will  have 4 chapters  and i plan to have 30 chapters and may include voice acting  since i do that myself and i'm working on becoming a professional. Would anybody be interested in  being a beta tester for me  once i've done a good amount of work on the demo version and once i figure out how to change the back ground for the screen before you start the game?

Edited by Hirokaski

On 8/20/2018 at 10:16 AM, Hirokaski said:

only thing i'm trying to figure out is how can i change the main screen before you begin the game

First of all sorry this is a little late. School's been picking up.

You're talking about the main screen that says "Load game" and stuff right?

First open your project in SRPG studio (duh), then click the tab labeled "(T)" at the very top of the screen. That should display a prop down menu, from there click the tab labeled "(L)". This will bring up another menu, pick the third option on the top (right before "UI" ). Now there should a bunch of options on the left of the menu (the top one is the one you want, it's the title background ) and three boxes on the right. The very bottom box chooses the picture it uses as the background. You'll have to upload your own picture obviously if you want to change it. Let me know if you haven't figured out how to do that.

Thanks ProfImpossible, I can share a bit of  info on the game 

You follow the Journey of Gladiator Ivan, his Sister's best friend Mercer an archer with a very serious attitude and Martel a swordsman  tasked with protecting  Ivan on his Journey (the Jagen of the game Not a super Jagen) in the four playable chapters you will  recruit a flirty Dragon rider who develops an interest in Ivan called Shara, A skilled Thief called Freyja, a  Dancer called Celeste  and last but not least a sage  by the name of Ried  who is a little like Lute from Sacred Stones.

As for the Demo It should be available once i can figure  a few things out   as the demo is very limiting.

Edited by Hirokaski

are you able to output a playable version  with the demo version?

plus nearer the time  i'll be putting a request for a beta tester before  i release the demo to  the forum my goal is to get Mangs to play it as i find him very entertaining plus i plan to include him in the game somewhere as an enemy or a recruit-able ally but only  if certain conditions are met.

I'm glad I saw this topic because I completely forgot this was coming to Steam, let alone realize it already did.

Of course I find this out two days before Yakuza Kiwami 2 (technically only one at this time of night)... but it can't hurt to check the demo out.

5 hours ago, Hirokaski said:

are you able to output a playable version  with the demo version?

I'm not sure, I didn't use the demo much. In the full version you go to the "(F)"tab on the top, then the "(R)" or "(P)" tab I believe. They both export the game, but the "(P)" tab is for if you wanna sell it instead of give it for free. ( I think). Once you click one there'll be a few boxes you can check, those are what folders you want visible in the game folder, a check means the folder will NOT appear in the game folder. 

2 hours ago, DeadmanV2 said:

I'm glad I saw this topic because I completely forgot this was coming to Steam, let alone realize it already did.

Oh damn, I didn't even know it was on steam. And in English too! Well, this thread's less useful now. (not a bad thing necessarily)

I'll still try an answer any questions you guys might have or course.

Currently learning while creating a "test" game. It's pretty fun to work with the engine so far. I'm just thinking about how I can add new motion colors for the battle sprites. Probably need to recolor them myself and then add it to the Project afterwards? The RPG Maker had atleast some functions to alter sprites.

6 hours ago, Freesia said:

Currently learning while creating a "test" game. It's pretty fun to work with the engine so far. I'm just thinking about how I can add new motion colors for the battle sprites. Probably need to recolor them myself and then add it to the Project afterwards? The RPG Maker had atleast some functions to alter sprites.

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by "motion colors"? But yes, if you want to recolor existing sprites you need to export them from the engine, change what ever you want, then import them as new sprites. SRPG studio sadly doesn't have a sprite editing feature to the best of my knowledge. Glad you're having fun though, keep at it!

Edited by ProfImpossible

6 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by "motion colors"? But yes, if you want to recolor existing sprites you need to export them from the engine, change what ever you want, then import them as new sprites. SRPG studio sadly doesn't have a sprite editing feature to the best of my knowledge. Glad you're having fun though, keep at it!

Yeah, thought so. Thank you for the answer. "Motion color" is just the name of the option to switch palettes in the program. So it's basically exactly what you just explained me. 

@Freesia It should be noted that when you export the motion sprites, it'll export every default color (which are the blue, red, green, and alternate colors).  Same goes for the map sprites, though they only have three colors.

Something I've been trying to figure out myself is making weapons do a fixed amount of damage.  As in, a weapon that'll do, for example, 16 damage regardless of attack and defense modifiers.  Or maybe only have it so that the defense modifier applies.  And, to go further beyond, create specific items to reduce the damage of those weapons by a set amount (probably somewhere in the vein of creating a skill specific to those items).

I may or may not be trying to bruteforce firearms into this program.

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

@Freesia It should be noted that when you export the motion sprites, it'll export every default color (which are the blue, red, green, and alternate colors).  Same goes for the map sprites, though they only have three colors.

Something I've been trying to figure out myself is making weapons do a fixed amount of damage.  As in, a weapon that'll do, for example, 16 damage regardless of attack and defense modifiers.  Or maybe only have it so that the defense modifier applies.  And, to go further beyond, create specific items to reduce the damage of those weapons by a set amount (probably somewhere in the vein of creating a skill specific to those items).

I may or may not be trying to bruteforce firearms into this program.

Hm, i tried to do that weapon one myself. A solution would be if you just make the weapon reduce your strength parameter by 99 and than choose Ignore Def as Weapon Option. The result is that a attack with the weapon always only inflicts it's weapon damage. Magic is the same thing, only with the MAG Parameter. I tested it  on a dummy and it worked pretty fine for me. And if you switch to a different weapon the Str goes back up as usual.

Edited by Freesia

2 hours ago, Freesia said:

Hm, i tried to do that weapon one myself. A solution would be if you just make the weapon reduce your strength parameter by 99 and than choose Ignore Def as Weapon Option.

Crude, but I was expecting that I'd need to do some mechanical jury-rigging with some of the stuff I planned to do.

Though now I realize that choosing "Ignore Def" will make it so that defense values would not matter in regards to the item that's used to reduce damage taken, so I guess I'll have to settle on the item halving damage against those weapons if I go that route.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:11 AM, Hirokaski said:

just checked  the damn demo version wont allow you to export the demo game  which sucks, so it's pretty restricting.

You can't export the game, but you can copy your entire project folder and upload it to a file sharing site; people will still be able to test play it this way, you just run the risk of them spoiling themselves by looking in the resource files or allowing them to cheat their way through (since test play has debug options), so you'd have to censor all of that yourself (I'd recommend making a "beta test" copy folder and cutting out everything that's potentially spoilery; still a more tedious process than exporting a demo, though).  And as long as you don't generate revenue or make people pay to play it, you should be safe in legal terms; the worst you could possibly get would be a cease and desist order.

Also, it may be a good idea to check out the Steam Workshop.  Sapphire Soft actually has distributed some stuff via that platform, including a manual.

Edited by Ertrick36

On 8/28/2018 at 5:55 PM, Freesia said:

Yeah, thought so. Thank you for the answer. "Motion color" is just the name of the option to switch palettes in the program. So it's basically exactly what you just explained me.

No problem at all. Ah, I see.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Sorry man, I'm not sure how one would go about this. @Freesia's answer seems like the simplest way to me.

17 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, it may be a good idea to check out the Steam Workshop.  Sapphire Soft actually has distributed some stuff via that platform, including a manual.

I would definitely recommend this. There is also an English guide on the web now, It's linked in the first post. 

8 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable doubling without needing to give everyone the Pursuit skill?

Yes! It is. It's in the "Config" section of "Database". ( if it's not there it's in config 2)  Sorry I don't have the full path for you.