Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

I know it's not something in his conquest moveset at all, and i think only a skill in like the tellius games and fe4, but giving him something like Nihil (which in this game I figured would be "nullifies all skills at x% health" or something) would be interesting considering the whole emptiness motif.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They need to invent new forms of Special damage reduction perhaps. Aren't there like 10 different ways of reducing cooldown now? Would it be worth considering new ways of reducing incoming Special damage? Maybe the Siegfried can get such a way in a refine?

They could do something weird in the future with a skill or weapon effect that increases the enemy's special cooldown every time the user attacks.

Defensive specials help with reducing damage, but the game's pretty focused on ORKOs and high damage output, they're locked to 1-range units, and timing them against an offensive special isn't easy. Fjorm's probably the only notable user of a defensive special and that's mainly because of Ice Mirror and Fjorm having Shield Pulse by default. She and Saber are the only units with Shield Pulse at the moment and they're both 5*-only summons where Fjorm's only on select legendary hero banners and Saber's red.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They need to invent new forms of Special damage reduction perhaps. Aren't there like 10 different ways of reducing cooldown now? Would it be worth considering new ways of reducing incoming Special damage? Maybe the Siegfried can get such a way in a refine?

So Guard, Shield Pulse, Escutcheon, Pavise, Sacred Cowl, Aegis, Miracle, and Ice Mirror?

We need more fun things like

Daunt 1/2/3: Passive C. Foes within 1/2/3 squares of unit are inflicted with +1 special cooldown at the beginning of the turn.

or

Daunt 1/2/3: Passive C. Foes within 2 squares of unit are inflicted with +1/2/3 special cooldown at the beginning of the turn.

or

Fortune 1/2/3: Passive B. If unit's HP ≥ 100%/90%/80% at the beginning of combat, foe cannot activate a special skill. (It will still charge.)

or

Parity 1/2/3: Passive B. Unit's and foe's bonuses and penalties are ignored in combat. Unit and foe inflicted with -0/1/2 special cooldown charge rate in combat.

or

Blinding Shield 1/2/3: Passive B. If unit's special skill activates on foe's attack, when special skill activates, damage received -5 and foe inflicted with +3/4/5 special cooldown.

I am looking forward to this one in the hopes I get free CC fodder with the extra copies, and if they make him a bow armor that would make up for me not getting H!Jakob and would make my weekend a lot better then it looks right now.  I don't think they will make him an armor, but I really want him to be just so I can finally have all four colors on my armor team.  I can't wait for the datamine to happen.

17 minutes ago, Cristaran said:

It sounds cool to me, free damage and panic ploy effect in 3 columns every 3 turns its amazing.

its on turn 3 NOT every third turn. so its a one shot oppurtunity in Turn 3, after that the effect will never fire off again.

Another friend of Gunnthra? 
I think Takumi has his merits in AA. If your Opponent has any skills which trigger with high HP like Ephraim. He is the man. I will try something with him, sounds interesting to build a Team which can rush at turn 3 and is build on debuffs.

I like skills which have gimmick to them.

Edited by Stroud

So a gimmicky archer with a half-decent statline? Not sure if I want to spend 20k feathers on him. Especially since I don't seem to use infantry archers much at all. 

Spoiler

As far as I'm aware, he doesn't even come with CC

Edited by Korath88

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

So a gimmicky archer with a half-decent statline? Not sure if I want to spend 20k feathers on him. Especially since I don't seem to use infantry archers much at all. 

Hide contents

As far as I'm aware, he doesn't even come with CC

Seems he has Fury and Spd Smoke, so yeah, no CC. Actual CC would be pretty ridiculous on a GHB unit, since they'd be so many free sources of it as long as you have the feathers.

It's going to be live shortly, but has anyone checked for the Japanese description of Skadi? With some of the incidents English localization, I'm skeptical about new effects in case something got screwed up somehow. Looking at you, unique refined Siegmund, lying to us.

Edited by Kaden

So no CC fodder and he is infantry?  Have to say I am a bit bummed since I was hoping for CC fodder.  I don't think I will promote soulless Takumi right away since his vanilla version that I have has good stats and has CC.  Fury fodder is nice, but not what I wanted.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

So no CC fodder and he is infantry?  Have to say I am a bit bummed since I was hoping for CC fodder.  I don't think I will promote soulless Takumi right away since his vanilla version that I have has good stats and has CC.  Fury fodder is nice, but not what I wanted.

who would you fodder it off anyway? there are like 5 candidates that can run CC effectively (not including W!Tharja that has it by default)

42 minutes ago, Hilda said:

who would you fodder it off anyway? there are like 5 candidates that can run CC effectively (not including W!Tharja that has it by default)

Quite a bit characters can use CC effectively all they need is a bit of bulk.

Leon / Matthew / Saizo / Spring Camilla / ToD!Jakob / both Henrys / both Robins / Gordin / Boey / Merric

and there’s more but I’ll spare you the rest. Point is there is definitely more than a meager 5 characters who would benefit from CC

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Innes and Sonya are the top two on my list and since I have only ever pulled one regular Takumi I was really hoping to get two spare CCs for them.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Innes and Sonya are the top two on my list and since I have only ever pulled one regular Takumi I was really hoping to get two spare CCs for them.

Why Innes? It seems like the only thing that'd really help with is dragons, which even then seems like he'd be better off going at them on PP or letting someone else deal with on EP.

Anyway, on one hand, Skadi sounds really cool and unique, but on the other hand, it seems situationally useful, like really only for arena or arena assault, both of which rank right above VG on my list of giving a crap about. Still think I might make him my next 5* since he at least has something going for him, and his statline, while virtually identical to Clarisse's isn't atrocious.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

Why Innes? It seems like the only thing that'd really help with is dragons, which even then seems like he'd be better off going at them on PP or letting someone else deal with on EP.

Anyway, on one hand, Skadi sounds really cool and unique, but on the other hand, it seems situationally useful, like really only for arena or arena assault, both of which rank right above VG on my list of giving a crap about. Still think I might make him my next 5* since he at least has something going for him, and his statline, while virtually identical to Clarisse's isn't atrocious.

Because Innes is my favorite archer other then Shinon and I want to make him as useful in as many instances as possible.  I don't really care if Innes is not the top of the tier list for CC he is the archer I use the most because he is a personal favorite.

15 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Because Innes is my favorite archer other then Shinon and I want to make him as useful in as many instances as possible.  I don't really care if Innes is not the top of the tier list for CC he is the archer I use the most because he is a personal favorite.

Fair point, and granted I don't have one so it's all theory-crafting. I was just thinking something like swift strike or mirror string would be better to play up his defining trait rather than giving him something that would be more situationally useful. Anyway, don't mean to come across as condescending. I was just curious.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Assuming Gamepedia is correct, at least Takumi is F2P Spd Smoke fodder since currently, the only other unit who gets it is Sigurd. Could be interesting. Ayra fans would probably sack at least one copy of him for that.

For me, I'm don't think I'd spend 20K feathers on him to bring him to 5* unless it's to have him pass down Spd Smoke 3 (if the full chain has to be unlocked at 5*). Skadi's effect, while pretty obnoxious, only works for one turn and his statline isn't anything to write home about (Clarisse + 4 Res) especially since Clarisse already had a rerun (more merges than Takumi) and there are other decent archers with much greater availability like Jeorge, Klein, Gordin, and especially Virion.

He could have his uses on maps with turn limits and Tempest Trials (well, mainly if he were to be a bonus ally for it, that is).

I just randomly thought of the most finicky and stupid Bow Emblem build that I...kind of want to make for myself, honestly? I'm probably shit at making builds, tbh, but this is looking pretty dope to me.

Spoiler

Fallen!Takumi 1 with a Desperation build. Skadi, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow/Luna, Darting Blow/Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Spd Smoke, and Atk Smoke. Based on dealing as much singular damage as possible after he procs Skadi, while assisting the team with double Smoke procs.

Fallen!Takumi 2 with an anti-Vantage build. Skadi, Reposition/Swap, Blazing Wind, Death Blow/Swift Sparrow, Bowbreaker, Savage Blow, and Hardy Bearing.  Based on dealing as much AoE damage as possible after he procs Skadi with (close to?) no retaliation from glassy Vantage users, meanwhile also dealing with Bow!Lyn. Either Fallen!Takumi should be able to deal with Micaiah, who hurts the next unit very badly due to Thani.

Halloween!Jakob, +Def/-Spd, with an anti-Raventome build. Guard Bow+ (+Res), Reposition, Ignis, Distant Def, Cancel Affinity, Spd Smoke, and Quick Riposte. Based on guarding against Raventome users and...ranged units in general, except for anti-Armor units like Micaiah.

Bow!Lyn, +Atk/-HP, with an anti-DC build. Mulagir/Brave Bow, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing, Atk Smoke, and Savage Blow. Based on assisting with pretty much everything everyone else is doing.

The entire team essentially stalls until turn 3, before going ham on the enemy team.

See, my build probably sucks. But just look. Skadi's effect deals damage in 3 columns; that's up-and-down, half the arena! And with 2 on your team, you can cover the entire arena in a burst of damage. That's the beauty of it. Fallen!Takumi's supposed to be a unit that assists with damage before going in for the kill. His burst of damage isn't that great? It's not supposed to be. Savage Blow isn't supposed to be great, and even though it applies more than once per match it's also not applying over half the arena.

Heck, Bow!Lyn isn't that great of a unit. Pit her against a tank, and she'll die next turn before she can say "Father...Mother...". Yet anyone can get their ass handed to them in a single turn if they go against her on a team of two dancers and have her use two Savage Blows and Galeforce as she whittles down your army in less than a minute (I'm still salty about that). The thing is, though, is that plays to her strengths. And with Fallen!Takumi, his strength is delaying before striking weakened foes. Bada bing, bada boom. Shizzam, we've struck gold! Now we know how Betrayal Taco Meme works!

Lol sry about the rant, but I'm getting a little tired of people saying he's only good as Inheritance fodder. He's plenty useful, you just have to know how to best use his playstyle. Though I don't claim to know the way (hehe), I'm going to make like Nino and do my best to find it.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Takumi (Wild Card) has 40 HP / 32 ATK / 33 SPD / 25 DEF / 18 RES.
Takumi (Empty Vessel) has 37 HP / 31 ATK / 34 SPD / 25 DEF / 24 RES.

Honestly, the only thing I liked about  Skadi is the +3 Spd. If the 3 columns attack was each 3 turns, he would be really good.

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Heck, Bow!Lyn isn't that great of a unit. Pit her against a tank, and she'll die next turn before she can say "Father...Mother...". Yet anyone can get their ass handed to them in a single turn if they go against her on a team of two dancers and have her use two Savage Blows and Galeforce as she whittles down your army in less than a minute (I'm still salty about that). The thing is, though, is that plays to her strengths. And with Fallen!Takumi, his strength is delaying before striking weakened foes. Bada bing, bada boom. Shizzam, we've struck gold! Now we know how Betrayal Taco Meme works!

Fun fact: since Brave Lyn uses bows, she CANNOT use Galeforce. The only 500 SP cost special she can learn is Aether. And the truly anti-DC build is Firesweep Bow+ build since Mulagir Brave Lyn can still be counterattacked by Lightning Breath+ dragons and be punished hard if they have refined Lightning Breath+ weapons. With Firesweep Bow+, LnD3, and Cancel Affinity, she can pretty much attack without impunity as long as somebody can get her out of enemy attack range. It's an expensive build, however.