Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

9 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Because Innes is my favorite archer other then Shinon and I want to make him as useful in as many instances as possible.  I don't really care if Innes is not the top of the tier list for CC he is the archer I use the most because he is a personal favorite.

I think the problem is that Innes’s defense is low, it’s the second lowest in the entire game, the only two heroes with defense lower than him are Delthea and Lucius. Innes’s defense is the same as Halloween Sakura. So he wouldn’t be able to use CC at all. And Innes isn’t considered a bad unit, quite the opposite in fact, considering he’s pretty high on the tier lists, usually in the same rank as Bridal Cordelia.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Because Innes is my favorite archer other then Shinon and I want to make him as useful in as many instances as possible.  I don't really care if Innes is not the top of the tier list for CC he is the archer I use the most because he is a personal favorite.

His low Def effectively makes CC a wasted A-slot as he'd likely be ORKO'd or OHKO'd by many melee users as well as Expiration Grima, Great Flame Myrrh, and by almost any manakete running refined breath weapons. The only time CC would actually be useful on Innes is he were to face off against a manakete that isn't running a refined weapon or a unique breath weapon. But hey, it's the highest scoring A-slot available for Innes in Arena so there's that... though it may matter more if Innes were to have merges behind him.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Anyways, I might know what Takumi’s map is. In the datamine, there was a map that looked exactly like the map from the New Years TT in the recent datamine. This makes me think said map is his GHB map. Also, appearently said maps has a many Bow users, as well as reinforcements

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I think the problem is that Innes’s defense is low, it’s the second lowest in the entire game, the only two heroes with defense lower than him are Delthea and Lucius. Innes’s defense is the same as Halloween Sakura. So he wouldn’t be able to use CC at all. And Innes isn’t considered a bad unit, quite the opposite in fact, considering he’s pretty high on the tier lists, usually in the same rank as Bridal Cordelia.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

His low Def effectively makes CC a wasted A-slot as he'd likely be ORKO'd or OHKO'd by many melee users as well as Expiration Grima, Great Flame Myrrh, and by almost any manakete running refined breath weapons. The only time CC would actually be useful on Innes is he were to face off against a manakete that isn't running a refined weapon or a unique breath weapon. But hey, it's the highest scoring A-slot available for Innes in Arena so there's that... though it may matter more if Innes were to have merges behind him.

OK I get it since Innes's def is rather low, it was just something I kind of wanted to play with but now if I ever do get CC fodder I won't.  I would now give it to Leon if I did make another CC archer.  

9 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fun fact: since Brave Lyn uses bows, she CANNOT use Galeforce. The only 500 SP cost special she can learn is Aether. And the truly anti-DC build is Firesweep Bow+ build since Mulagir Brave Lyn can still be counterattacked by Lightning Breath+ dragons and be punished hard if they have refined Lightning Breath+ weapons. With Firesweep Bow+, LnD3, and Cancel Affinity, she can pretty much attack without impunity as long as somebody can get her out of enemy attack range. It's an expensive build, however.

Hmm, I thought she did 4 attacks that turn...I mean you're right, I probably imagined her having GF, but...I don't know. Still, my point about Fallen!Takumi does stand.

So, Mr. Betrayal's GHB's up now...and wow, it actually is kind of difficult, even at the easiest difficulty. They kept true to the double-Skadi appearance and...geez, the fact he shreds your HP and puts Panic on you is kind of terrifying when you've got reinforcements coming at you every direction.

I have never been so thankful for Escape Route.

I used Brave Ike, Ninian, Performer Azura, and Lyon on Lunatic and got into a pretty bad spot with Takumi and the Red Cavalier as the final opponents. Brave Ike could beat Takumi easily, but Lyon didn't have enough HP to take on the Cavalier and Azura couldn't get a direct hit in.

However, Ninian's Escape Route kicked in, and she was able to warp over and take the Cavalier out, getting me the win. :D

Grand Hero Betrayal is surprisingly tough. Primarily because of the two Takumis, and the map's layout preventing me from reaching them quickly. And that double-Skadi-bomb on turn 3 is a lot more annoying than I thought it would be (mostly because both hit if you're in the middle of the map, so that's 20 damage, which is a sizable amount, and also it Panics but that's not so bad for me).

From what I remember of it, they did a pretty good job of condensing Conquest Endgame into Heroes here. The staff users I vaguely recall being there, there's two Takumis to reference Takumi being paired up with himself, the reinforcements coming in from the little corridors is just like in Conquest... It's just like the final map of Conquest, only smaller, and I only got there on Normal so it wasn't this hard.

I managed to brute-force my way through Hard and Lunatic with Lyn and Reinhardt, using Marth and Ninian for support, but I'm honestly not sure how I'm gonna do Infernal. Maybe two dancers? Pretty sure there's nothing on this map that Lynhardt can't handle, so it might work? I dunno, I'll try again tomorrow (and definitely train up at least one Betrayal!Takumi, 'cause I wanna have the Skadi-bomb on my side).

Barely cleared Lunatic thanks to Micaiah and her double DD, even then it was close when the Skadi bomb came and the healer is such an annoyance. Bonus points to the trenches that made using Eirikalter even harder (she's still awesome and the most reliable way I have to destroy the BETRAYAL twins).

Now time to plan what the hell I'm going to do with Infernal.

Was able to get through both hard and lunatic with the same team of Reinhardt, Mage Eirika, and two dancers (PA!Olivia and PA!Azura). I'm not even going to bother trying infernal for now, the reinforcements were a nasty surprise.

Cleared Infernal with Sheena, Gwendolyn, Genny, A.Tiki. This was a survival stall fight for me D=. I needed some tries to adjust the skills. 
Gwendolyn on the left Side and Sheena on the right side.
A.tiki supported Sheena und Genny needed to heal permanently. One time I had to switch Sheena out with A.Tiki because of the red Wyvern.
After that just stalling and surviving. D= 

This is how my clear was:

https://imgur.com/a/glN7N

I don't need to show the last step, because the last enemies have low attack.

Edited by Stroud

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not 100% sure what to do about Infernal. I guess tanking everything is the wrong strategy once again.

People who cleared, please screen cap reinforcements if you can!

Here's the Infernal reinforcements:

Turn 2

Spoiler

XR2AADR.png?1s2OjWb1.png?1bwY4Rg9.png?1

Turn 3

Spoiler

W4V11Jp.png?1y3wMXNX.png?1

Turn 4

Spoiler

Ah397IR.png?1ZUXghlN.png?1

Bless the Armored Boots for making this clear possible.

My clear. Tried out a defensive play style, but it wasn’t working out so hot what with the Dazzling Staff + Savage Blow clerics and double Skadi-bomb on turn 3, so I quickly switched over to Desperation + Galeforce memes. Took some puzzling out, but the offensive alternative had some better results.

That was pretty rough. I went into it thinking my armor team would be the best solution but they couldn't handle it. They couldn't deal with the staff users without being able to bait and kill them. Took me a few more tries and cleared infernal with NY Azura, Cordelia, Elincia(Galeforce + Heavy Blade) and Camilla (DC+DD3). Wouldn't have pulled it off without lots of Galeforce and Reposition spamming.

This one seems like it'll be pretty brutal when I have to clear it with other emblem teams. I'd say this was second hardest for me after Legion, but I also had less to work with back then for his infernal, so maybe this is actually harder.

Edited by Alkaid

Classic use of brute force and dancers were the way to go for me. Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, PA!Azura, and Olivia. Positioning was crucial for me though and it took me a few attempts before I got it on Infernal.

Edited by ChickenBits

I did it!!!! I used Micaiah, B!Lyn, Eirika (my savior, I luv her) and Airzura. I had to equip Escape Route on Eirika to allow her to shuffle around when the Axe cavalier spawned and she also tanked like all the right half of the map + killing the BETREYAL twins! Boy it was beautiful seeing her survive everything. She and Micaiah were the MVPs for sure (also props to Airzura for surviving that fricken infantry sword at 1 HP, take that people that say that -Def is her best bane!).

Dang this costed me 2 stamina pots but in the end it was worth it.