Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I might hold off on this after seeing the first reactions. I'd rather just get the one copy for now because I have no immediate plans to use him, but ideally the infernal one for the 2000 feathers. And to do that I imagine I'd need a fair chunk of stamina or an easy F2P guide. Fortunately this runs pretty long so I have plenty of time after the TT to get him. I mean, I haven't even done the new Warriors maps either due to the TT basically draining me of both stamina and motivation lately, feeling pretty exhausted with the game in general.

Did Lunatic with Valentine!Hector + Xander + Brave!Innes + Axura

Hector started on the left to take the lance pony, Xander on the right for bow pony, they tank, Innes kill the mages and the sword, everyone run from the last red pony-mage to keep Hector and Axura alive and kill him with Innes, Hector and Xander take the Takumis thanks to counter. It wasn't that bad, but is not going to work on Infernal

Edited by SniperGYS

This was pretty fun! I cleared Infernal with A. Tiki (+10), PA Azura, Reinhardt (+4), and Priscilla. Tiki's tanking abilities really carried the match. I might try to do it tomorrow with some other units tomorrow as well.

My strategy was just to have Tiki charge to the front and simply tank and counter-kill most things on the first turn. I had Priscilla and Reinhardt break the right wall, then Tiki advanced and broke the next wall. Azura sang for her, and she stepped forward to hit a cleric. The two Takumis and the bow knight then suicided on Tiki.

With them out of the way, the rest of the battle was pretty much just Tiki walling off the stuff on the lower right half of the screen, and the other three were handling what was coming up the left side of the map.

This was a bit tricky, but in the end all I needed was my OG Takumi with Brash Assault and some dancers. LnD + the pointy end of the blue cavalier's spear were enough to make Takumi one round everything on the map. Airzura attracted some unwanted attention from the enemy Takus, but I was able to keep them at bay. Now just to gather the feathers I need for promotion.

Edited by Nanima

This map took a lot of tries and I didn't clear any difficulty on first attempt. Cleared Infernal difficulty by adapting this strat:

Units I used:

+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: S-rank summoner support, Firesweep Bow+, Draw Back, Life and Death 3, Atk Tactic 3, Atk Smoke 3
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Fury 3, Hone Spd 1 seal
+2 neutral Bride Cordelia: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Atk +3

Everybody on my team made at least one kill; Olivia's only kill is the axe cavalier. Reinhardt and Brave Lyn need their specials to ORKO the Takumi clones.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I did it! Firesweep Peri, Brave Axe Cherche, Poison Dagger Kagerou and Azura did the trick. I had to teach Kagerou Wings of Mercy. No Blade tomes, Brave Bows and Emblem buffs, so that's pretty alright. I don't think I can feasibly do infantry only though, at the moment... Hmm...

Believe in Hardin?

Believe in Hardin

Cecilia and Ursula duo other side, having an "intense" fight where the Ninja and Cecilia flirts with each other doing no damage.

Hardin and Marth soloed bottom.

Its kinda funny to realize the only reason i had difficult time with this for a long time is i thought Hardin is unable to survive green magus. Which turns out, Hardin is so broken Marth would take more damage from them so the Green Magus go for Marth. Did just that and then the map got blown away by Hardin singlehandedly

Dragon Emblem should destroy this map completely looking at how ridiculous Hardin performs here.

So after wasted a Setsuna, 3 stamina potions and battery juice; I finally beat lunatic in a random strategy. Somehow Fjorn tanks a hit from a Takumi and the red tome foe and she lands the final blow to the last Takumi. One of the hardest GHBs and I am very shocked that that worked.

It took me a while, but I found a strategy to beat Infernal. I used Nino +2 (w/ Fury 3, Desperation), Ninian +1 (w/ WoM3, Hone Attack 1 Seal & Ward Dragons), PA!Inigo (w/ Hone Attack 3 and Hone Speed 3 Seal) and A!Tiki +8 (w/ Aether, SB and DD3 Seal). I think the trick is to break the left wall with a ranged attacker and a dancer. Then move your tank towards the Takumi hell, dance further towards the healer. My A!Tiki couldn't kill off the Takumis without Hone Attack, that's why I switched from Hone Attack 3 to the dragon buffs on Ninian and used the seal. The additional defense buffs for dragons then were handy though. Nino had to defeat the Lance Cavalier and Sword Infantry in the beginning with help from my dancers and P!Inigo needed to tank the Blue Mage, but otherwise it was basically A!Tiki tanking the rest of the reinforcements.

Well this was an intense battle, took a while to get it right but it was fun. The units used

Stuff:

• I can get Felicia's attack high enough to kill a Takumi on enemy phase, but then Cleric will attack instead of Takumi.
  • Harsh Command to reverse the speed debuff
  • Hone RES seal for Olivia to boost F.Robin's Endurance

Ran Infernal with my Arena core of Nino, Nowi and Adult Tiki, backed up by Sakura on healing duty. Turns out that turtling works pretty well, which I find really funny, considering how Conquest's version wants the player to run the gauntlet ASAP. Nowi basically walled the left side while Nino and Tiki killed the right. Definitely not the most optimal setup, but I got it to work. Almost lost someone after clearing the Takumis because both Nowi and Nino were low and it was possible for them to get picked. Enter Sakura's Fear+, debuffing the entire enemy group.

Anyway, in retrospect, a green would probably work better on the left, with a blue walling it up on the right.

Cost me 2 potions before I can put correct position play. The MVP should be Shiro for tanking the left side and eat Takumi's arrow. The right side V!Roy and Siegbert wreck everything until Takumi start moving, I move them back to safety. Shiro eat some arrows deliciously and we can finish them. Bowbreaker is useless after 3rd turn lol.

May I tag you guys? @Zeo @mcsilas, I'm a little proudly to show this to you. 

Edited by Ginko

Bridelia solos, not even that hard once I realized what I had to do. Needed Brash Assault to quad the twins, and Fury to enter Brash Assault in the first place. I also needed at one point to keep one of the healers in place rather than have her move and give space for a Takumi to snipe my dancer, since I had both Azuras in range of said healer, so I had to have them buff themselves up via Fortify Res, and the Azura who doesn't have Fury gets targeted as intended. It's just clean-up from there, only hard part overall was handling the bow knight, who like many times before in many other GHBs is literally the one person who gives trouble or is too strong to bait.

Reinforcements and strategy post updated. I've been kinda slacking on this for a while now, but I put up links to references and member clears like I used to in the strategy post. Keep up the vids or detailed posts!

Speaking of, here's mine. I'm kinda proud of it, since it took me a while to figure out and I didn't use any bows or mages, so mass ping celebration. @Vaximillian @GuiltyLove @Arcanite @Rezzy @Zeo @Fei Mao @Alexmender @DefaultBeep

I guess I did use Firesweep Lance, which is a little bit unfair... But Firesweep Peri. Come on. @Ice Dragon

@SatsumaFSoysoy I watched your vid. Somewhat similar to my playthough. Keep units safe, tank necessary hit and kill them in return. Not cheesy like a brave bow unit and 3 cheering dancers.

I use V!Roy with brave bow too but not that he sweep the whole map, right? Every units working together is always a good strategy. Keep up the good work and cheers ^^

Edited by Ginko

13 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I watched your vid. Somewhat similar to my playthough. Keep units safe, tank necessary hit and kill them in return. Not cheesy like a brave bow unit and 3 cheering dancers.

I use V!Roy with brave bow too but not that he sweep the whole map, right? Every units working together is always a good strategy. Keep up the good work and cheers ^^

Thanks. Don't worry about the tags I put on your clear, they're just to help people trying to find references. Brave Bow is extremely strong, but also quite specific and expensive, so it's one of the things I make note of since not everyone may have or want to use it (Reinhardt is similar, but he's so common now, and there are usually specific parts of maps that give him problems specifically, so now I don't bother). It's not like I'm penalizing you or anything, because really, I'm not rating your runs and handing out prizes lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Cost me 2 potions before I can put correct position play. The MVP should be Shiro for tanking the left side and eat Takumi's arrow. The right side V!Roy and Siegbert wreck everything until Takumi start moving, I move them back to safety. Shiro eat some arrows deliciously and we can finish them. Bowbreaker is useless after 3rd turn lol.

May I tag you guys? @Zeo @mcsilas, I'm a little proudly to show this to you. 

Neat! Thanks for giving me the idea to use Shiro!

I haven't done a successful Infernal run yet but I did clear Lunatic with Shiro, B!Ike, Axura and Bowbreaker Robin. Basically Shiro on the left side while Robin deals with archer on the right. He managed to trap the green mage when he spawned on the right, which gave me enough time to deal with the other units first.

Bright Naginata is a great weapon, even if my Shiro was -Atk, the enemy phase buff really helps.

Infernal surprised me with that Pass blue mage at the start. Need to revise my strategy first.

It took over 10 stamina potions and various attempts, but in the end it was Fallen Robin(Aether, Distant Defense, Armored Boots), Reinhardt, Ninian, and a 4* +9 Olivia that cleared it. The boots were key to Robin running down the left side and counter-killing one Takumi on turn one. The other died the same way on turn 2, so Skadi wasn’t a factor. The issue was keeping Robin away from the reds and that last green mage spawn. In the end I had to put a +3 Speed seal on Olivia for her to kill that green mage. 

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Neat! Thanks for giving me the idea to use Shiro!

I haven't done a successful Infernal run yet but I did clear Lunatic with Shiro, B!Ike, Axura and Bowbreaker Robin. Basically Shiro on the left side while Robin deals with archer on the right. He managed to trap the green mage when he spawned on the right, which gave me enough time to deal with the other units first.

Bright Naginata is a great weapon, even if my Shiro was -Atk, the enemy phase buff really helps.

Infernal surprised me with that Pass blue mage at the start. Need to revise my strategy first.

Thanks! Now that your problem is only the right side. Try someone who can ORKO those mages and tank those healers on enemy phase and you will be fine.

Note: that final turn really gave the pressure. I have to make sure that I can finish them all.

Edited by Ginko