Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

Strat by Orochi Keen Tactician for those who have BK, BOTH available copies of LA Eliwood, and Draug (also uses Spur Spd 2, Drive Def 2, and Spur Def 2 seals):

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

mampfoid Holy...! You make this map seem so easy despite being one of the hardest. To make it even greater you had to nerf Cherche in order to use Galeforce. That's just awesome! 

Thanks! Actually this was much easier for me than the lunatic armor clear. ^^'

Cherche wasn't exactly nerfed; I needed "her" QP seal for Roy since 5 of 6 units were ranged. Thus Cherche had to equip good old Killer Axe, since she doesn't have Slaying Axe (yet). 

For me, I haven't cleared every quest. As much as I tend to hate it I'll wait for a f2p guide to take care of the F!Takumi and Fjorm quests. At lea

Wouldn't it enough to bring Eirika, Dancer & healer for the quests? I solved them with my core + quest unit.

Anyways...For the Eirika clear I couldn't do a solo because the map is too cramped so I had to let Siegbert take some hits from the healer. It's bothersome, but I can't find a way to solo this map without pulling Flying Olivia.

Wow, I didn't think this day would come where Eirika needs more help than just buffs, dance and healing. To her defense this map is really hard, not much space but reinforcements from everywhere... plus annoying dazzling healers.

Will try for Olivia? I wasn't lucky on her banner, Libra broke my pity rate.

Anyway a great clear! Eirika doesn't care about SPD smoke and the kill of second Takumi was on point, 16 dmg against 16 HP. Once all grey units where history, the rest was a walk in the park for her, congrats! 

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

Speedy Cherche is a great Cherche! Your clear makes it look easy, even though with all the ranged units I'm sure it took time to get the setup right to trigger WoM.

Yeah, 5 ranged units were a little annoying. I could have started with a ranged unit to take damage from the healer or the Archer, but they were too far away to reach without help. 

My first plan was to start with Oscar, but he didn't kill the Lance, plus he didn't take enough damage to proc WoM. 

Cherche deserved herself a Slaying Lance with this clear, I'm just waiting for the right occasion. 

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

Thank god for F!Grima.

Thank twice, ... I'm still without F!Grima despite her being on so many banners. She is fantastic for this map, tanking so many hits. Also your +SPD Elincia is awesome (like mine), she deserves Swift Sparrow though. Congrats!

Looking forward to the redheads, good luck for your clear and sanity though. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Making this notoriously difficult GHB look easy!  Congrats on 1-turning them all.  Which of the older BHBs specifically are you still missing?

Thank you!

As you can see in the spoilered list above, I'm still missing 5: Alm & Celica; Cecilia & Lilina; Ephraim & Eirika; Ninian & Hawkeye and Corrin & Azura. They weren't rerun since I started to do one turn clears. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

The armor quest is killing me right now.  X_x  My attempts with Hector/BK/Amelia/LA!Eliwood have thus far been unsuccessful.  I feel like a ranged-armor would be really useful here, but alas, I do not have one

I did it with my only ranged unit (-ATK Tharja), but she killed only once on PP. Good luck getting a ranged unit tomorrow, perhaps it'll help with the quest. 

I may have forgotten I could have Fjorm and Betrayal kill one of each Betrayal. So they're in separate clears.

Fjorm was joined by Arvis, Nohrzura and M!Marth, while I got a clear without killing Betrayal with Betrayal alongside Leif, Nephenee and M!Morgan (Found one in AA, first time since Alfonse with Arvis) and armour was cleared by LALyn, Hunktow, BK and Chrissa, reminding me just why I hate this map entirely because of the dammnable cleric.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Also your +SPD Elincia is awesome (like mine), she deserves Swift Sparrow though. 

I was thinking the same thing going through it haha. If only Swift Sparrow was more widely available; I’ve only ever pulled two mage Eirikas (I use one and the extra went straight to Celica and I have no regrets about it), an Ayra (who really I should be okay with sacrificing because she’s +hp -atk but I just can’t bring myself to do it) plus my free Lyn (who I also use).

Just demote Katarina already IS please

Whew, I found the armor clear to be pretty tough, but my team managed to pull it off in the end. I've written up two strategies, since I realized my first strategy was contingent upon Hector being -Spd, which causes the cleric to attack him, since he can be doubled. This might work with a neutral LA Hector, although Ignis should be used instead of Bonfire, because we want the CD on the skill to be 3. Amelia could be swapped out for a different unit, especially in the second strategy, since she didn't do anything except heal and buff.

My first team consisted of:

• OG Hector, +Atk/-Spd nature | Armads, Pivot, Bonfire, DC, Vantage, Goad Armor, and Atk+3 SS
  • LA Lyn, -Atk nature | Atk Refine, Glacies, Atk/Spd Bond, Armor March, Drive Atk 2 SS
  • BK | Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Vantage 3, QP SS
  • Amelia | Spd Refine, Reciprocal Aid, Armor March, Hone Atk 1 SS (if Hector isn't +Atk, this would need to be a level 3 seal)

Here's the strategy with that team, in case anyone is interested. It was actually a pretty satisfying one, and the symmetry at the end was pretty nice.

Spoiler

70YnNFo.jpg

I began the first turn with everyone positioned as you see in the first panel. I had Lyn advance down the left corridor, and then Hector pivoted over her into the range of the lance cav. Meanwhile, BK advanced into the range of the bow knight, and Amelia followed behind him. The second panel shows the positioning at the end of the first turn. For the enemy phase, the cleric attacked Hector, and was able to double him since he's -Spd. This knocks him into Vantage range. I got his attack high enough such that he would one-shot the lance cav. A Hector with neutral attack could get sufficient attack with a Hone Atk 3 seal boost.

The last panel shows the start of the second turn. Hector's Bonfire is charged, and so he can just destroy the cleric with that. Lyn will move down and destroy the swordsman that appeared. Meanwhile, BK will move two blocks south, into the range of the right Takumi, and Amelia will dispense with the mage.

sNPf4FQ.jpg

The first panel here shows what the end of Turn 2 looks like. The two Takumis will attack their respective knights, and then we start Turn 3 as shown in the middle panel.

Both BK and Hector should have their skills available at this point, which will allow them to erase the reinforcements that showed up next to them. Lyn should take a step back, and Amelia can just watch the end of the show from where she is. The last panel shows the end of Turn 3, and both Takumis are finished off via Vantage.

For my second armor clear, I swapped Hector with LA Hector (+Spd, -HP) (with Ignis instead of Bonfire, and Ward Armor instead of Goad). I also gave BK the Spd+3 seal instead of QP. Here is the strategy with that:

Spoiler

LnWQOkv.jpg

The first panel shows my starting position. Lyn moves into the corridor on the left, and Hector pivots over her. BK moves a block to the right, and Amelia moves down. The second panel shows the end of the first turn. On the enemy phase, the cleric will strike at Hector, and the lance cav will die upon his axe. The last panel shows the start of Turn 2.

Hector's Ignis should be charged, so have him delete the cleric. Lyn should move into the spot he just left in order to take down that swordsman. With the Spd+3 seal, BK will have enough to double the blue mage, so he can take out the blue mage with the Hone Atk buff from Amelia's seal. Amelia should stay put.

Mc0EFWL.jpg

The first panel shows the end of Turn 2. Takumi comes up and attacks Hector, and bow knight kills itself upon Lyn.

The middle panel shows the start of Turn 3. Ignis should be ready, which enables Hector to delete the ninja. Lyn moves up to safety, and BK moves up next to Amelia. The last panel shows the end of that turn.

Takumi's Skadi will take effect here, doing a bit of damage to our knights. The left Takumi will die to Hector's Vantage, and the green mage will experience death by Alondite. The right Takumi will finally start to advance.

DdoztNv.jpg

The first panel shows the start of Turn 4. We're going to have Hector pivot over Lyn to safety, leaving the rest of the battle to be handled by BK. BK is going to move a block south, and Amelia is going to use Reciprocal Aid to heal him up (Ardent Sacrifice would work too). The second panel shows the end of Turn 4. For the Enemy Phase, Takumi is going to be the one to charge BK, which prevents the mage knight from attacking.

The third panel shows the start of Turn 5. BK is going to finish Takumi off, which leaves Black Luna fully charged, as one sees in the final panel. Vantage will trigger, finishing off the cav mage.

@kirauza343 Thanks!

Wow your team really put in lots of work! I got pretty worried when the Savage Blow damage started to accumulate but F!Grima proved that Hp is more of a luxury thanks to her impressive defenses. It was full of close calls but in the end your team wiped out BETRAYAL and his mooks.

@mampfoid Well, it's not like Eirika really needed the extra help (she was using the Wo Dao instead of Sieglinde so she relied less on buffs). It was more that the map was very crappy and I couldn't find a way to get Siegbert out of the way but that's what makes this map one of the hardest.

I don't think so. I burned everything on the Legendary banner (and ended with nothing...) but I still want Summer Y!Tiki so I'll try for her one last time. 

@mampfoid I felt the mockery of the Cleric at the end was warranted after the hell this map put me through.

I wasn't playing back when this map first appeared, so here's my clear. Despite my beloved "Dark Spikes" F!Grima build making the revival quests a joke, Infernal required more raw damage in the battle phases, mostly because I eventually decided "fuck this map gimmick" and hurled F!Grima across the map to blitz the Takumi twins (and one of those godawful Clerics) down before their dual Skadi could go off. It took a few hours of trial and error to figure out how to prevent F!Grima from dying immediately afterward - bless Wings of Mercy Bridal Ninian.

Also here's a Lunatic Armor clear just because: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bY3M5nOHec

Edited by Some Jerk

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Strat by Orochi Keen Tactician for those who have BK, BOTH available copies of LA Eliwood, and Draug (also uses Spur Spd 2, Drive Def 2, and Spur Def 2 seals):

Ah yes, I ended up using this strat too, but since I don't want to upgrade my seals, I had to make it up by refining the 5* eliwood's weapon and give him Rally Speed, as well giving BK Aether and Ward Armor, as well equipping Heavy Blade seal instead of Distant Def 

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Just demote Katarina already IS please

Wish I could send you one of the BH!Lyns that prevented me from getting Grima. I'm too indecisive about most 5* fodder. 

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Well, it's not like Eirika really needed the extra help (she was using the Wo Dao instead of Sieglinde so she relied less on buffs). It was more that the map was very crappy and I couldn't find a way to get Siegbert out of the way but that's what makes this map one of the hardest.

True, it seemed more of a logistically problem in the end. 

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

but I still want Summer Y!Tiki so I'll try for her one last time. 

Good luck!

(She is really cool, too bad I can't run her and Myrrh with Grima anytime soon)

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I felt the mockery of the Cleric at the end was warranted after the hell this map put me through.

Awesome Grima, she occupies most of the opponents, killing quite a bunch in the process. 

Nice Flier team, even if they don't have a movement advantage in this map. 

Btw: Those healers deserved your treatment, since they were the biggest annoyance on GHB maps since a long time. 

Takumi's Grand Hero Battle was the first one I ever beat on Infernal (thanks to the combined might of Fjorm and Legendary Ike), so I've been looking forward to recording it with my current team. The recent updates to the music settings make recording this map even more sweet now, since hearing 'End of All' interrupted every five seconds by the generic battle/enemy phase themes was incredibly jarring when this map was first released. All of my units put in some work here, but Tiki does most of the heavy lifting.

Klein had to start in the last slot in the deployment order for this strategy to work so he could manipulate the Lance Cavalier to go north towards him instead of east towards Tiki on turn one. Apparently the AI tends to prioritize targeting the character in the right-most slot when all other factors are equal.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

@mampfoid Surprised to see Killer Axe on Cherche but I'm glad it worked out in the end. 

I usually don't post the special movement type clear for GHB reruns but I decided to do it this time. 

And below is my initial clear of this map on Infernal when it first came out if anyone is interested. Cutting it really close with this one. Cecilia needed the DD3 seal, S Support with Camus with Drive Def 2 seal to survive the first enemy phase. It's kinda sad that my Reinhardt has only gained 2 merges since between this GHB's release and rerun. 

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Surprised to see Killer Axe on Cherche but I'm glad it worked out in the end. 

"Her" QP seal was occupied by Roy, it's harder to proc GF when (nearly) all enemies are ranged units. She will get Slaying Axe in the future as well. 

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I usually don't post the special movement type clear for GHB reruns but I decided to do it this time. 

Nice Effie, your armor clear went much smoother than mine, even without a ranged unit. 

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

And below is my initial clear of this map on Infernal when it first came out if anyone is interested. Cutting it really close with this one. Cecilia needed the DD3 seal, S Support with Camus with Drive Def 2 seal to survive the first enemy phase. It's kinda sad that my Reinhardt has only gained 2 merges since between this GHB's release and rerun. 

Bold move to expose your Cecilia in the beginning, another smooth clear. Did the rest of your team get some merges as well since January? 

THE GOOD NEWS: I finally recorded one of my runs!
THE BAD NEWS: For whatever stupid reason, it was video-only.  It's a known screen recording bug, and so far, Apple hasn't said much about it.

Is it even worth uploading if there's no sound?  I recorded this because I really liked the background music, but my phone had other ideas.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

THE GOOD NEWS: I finally recorded one of my runs!
THE BAD NEWS: For whatever stupid reason, it was video-only.  It's a known screen recording bug, and so far, Apple hasn't said much about it.

Is it even worth uploading if there's no sound?  I recorded this because I really liked the background music, but my phone had other ideas.

That bug is the sole reason I add music of my choosing to the recordings. You could always edit in “End of All” using something like iMovie.

Or you could just upload it as is. After all, if you went to through the trouble of recording it’s definitely worth posting.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

"Her" QP seal was occupied by Roy, it's harder to proc GF when (nearly) all enemies are ranged units. She will get Slaying Axe in the future as well.

For some reason, I get the feeling that you might have to Spd refine her Slaying Axe+ in the future. 

Nice Effie, your armor clear went much smoother than mine, even without a ranged unit.

Yep, she's really helpful. She gained a merge(+8 now) since posting the video.  

I don't have any ranged armored units so I had to made due with what I had. Hector was probably a little annoyed by the fact that he didn't get to fight any enemies but hey, Goad Armor helped Zelgius double that blue mage in the corner.

Bold move to expose your Cecilia in the beginning, another smooth clear. Did the rest of your team get some merges as well since January? 

Can't edit the text below the armor clear for some reason but the Drive Def seal was actually only level 1.

After trying so many things, I realized I had to play aggressively on this map, especially given the unfriendly map layout and reinforcements. Plus, my horse team doesn't like Panic so the Takumi's had to go before they caused trouble. 

As for merges, Cecilia has gained 4 merges but that's because I don't really pull greens.  

Edited by tobuShogi

23 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

For some reason, I get the feeling that you might have to Spd refine her Slaying Axe+ in the future. 

Yup, that's the plan. Something like this beauty I met in arena recently:

Spoiler

Ml2exPF.png

27 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

As for merges, Cecilia has gained 4 merges but that's because I don't really pull greens.  

No merges for Camus? 

Still waiting for another Roy banner. 

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yup, that's the plan. Something like this beauty I met in arena recently:

I don't want to know what that set looks like on Ayra/Karla/Mia.

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No merges for Camus?

Camus is in a funny state where I kinda want to give him merges but he doesn't really them given how little combat he sees on my horse team. When he does, Hone Cavalry, Goad Cavalry,  and S Support with Cecilia usually do the trick. If not, I can always swap in QR3 for his seal slot or some other seal whatever the situation calls for.

58 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Still waiting for another Roy banner. 

Me too. I tried to get him on the legendary banner when he was rerun but I didn't get him. I'm just glad I didn't get Sigurd on that banner. I don't even know why I don't like him either since I've never played his game and based on what I know, he's the person you're supposed to like. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I don't want to know what that set looks like on Ayra/Karla/Mia.

They can't fly, have lower attack and are 5* exclusive. In fact I got a +SPD Karla and an +ATK Mia who I never use (pity breakers). 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Me too. I tried to get him on the legendary banner when he was rerun but I didn't get him.

I got him from both banners plus two pity breakers without ever really trying for him. On his next banner I would though. It's sad he got superated by M!Marth. 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I don't even know why I don't like him either since I've never played his game and based on what I know, he's the person you're supposed to like. 

Sigurd is ok, I only wish I could change my two spare copies (and one Siegbert) for Roys. 

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So, without further ado, have half a video, featuring Leon and three dancers!

That moment when your entire team was surrounded by the healers, green mage, lance cav, and sword fighter really had me on edge. I couldn’t figure out how you were gonna make Leon survive all that but then he proceeded to wipe out everyone except the sword fighter. It was an awesome clear!

@mampfoid seeing Takumi taken down so quickly is super jarring as I consider his map second only to F!Grima in terms of difficulty. Great that with this one you now have all GHB/LHB maps under your belt.

@Zeo @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria

This was one of the teams I used during the initial run Fallen Takumi. From what I remember, one of the biggest issues was the walls. For the longest time I thought of using them to my advantage by like taking cover behind them or something similar to that but they ended up being more of an obstacle than anything else.

Res tactics 2 was chosen over 3 because Hector needs the extra res but if he has too much when Skadi activates he ends up going down.

I know that the armor quest only applied to lunatic but the first clear I ever did involved Winter Robin/LA!Hector/Bikini Tharja/ Maria. So because I had already done a previous clear using 3 armors I figured doing one with all armors would be easy... I was wrong.

I severely underestimated the importance of a Physic+ healer. That’s the one thing that made this nightmarish. If only armors had a healer to choose from. Oh well it’s nothing that renewal + reciprocal aid couldn’t solve.

The Armorslayer was the first real annoying enemy. He easily cuts through Eliwood which meant his A slot had to be Svalinn Shield if I wanted to get anywhere.

The Dagger starts becoming an issue later being impossible to OHKO and his debuffs make it so even the healers can decimate Winter Tharja so Eliwood also received Harsh Command to help with that.

LA!Hector has no means of recovery so he can be picked of by repeated assaults from the healers. The only real solution for that was to simply make him invisible via res stacking so drag back was given to Legendary Hector to bring Tharja closer to provide her ward buffs.