Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

Team Legendary Lucina tackles on Takumi Infernal! Hussah @mampfoid @Zeo

It's already some time ago that I saw your Azama. Lucina seems to be a nice addition. In the end Future Vision became useful to reach the healer. 

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, without further ado, have half a video, featuring Leon and three dancers!  One day, I'll have sound, too.

Sound is overrated My clears are also without sound as I can't record internal sound from Android and I won't start editing videos on mobile. 

Nice Leon! He knows how to kill for sure, 56 Brave ATK is hard to resist. Do you plan to give him additional merges in the future? 

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This was one of the teams I used during the initial run Fallen Takumi. From what I remember, one of the biggest issues was the walls. For the longest time I thought of using them to my advantage by like taking cover behind them or something similar to that but they ended up being more of an obstacle than anything else.

Using walls for cover when 5 of 6 starting units were ranged couldn't work, I've nearly never succeeded with such strategies (depending on my choice of units). 

LA!Hector is really a monster, with some heals he is very hard to kill and crushes a lot himself. Best example are both evil Takumis getting ignissed.

All your units (in both clears) taking so much damage is making me dizzy ("all those red HP digits"), perhaps I'm too much used to cowardly hit & run tactics. Funny that you would take out both healers last, you kept them busy with healing most of the time until their unpreventable deaths. 

Great clear!

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I know that the armor quest only applied to lunatic but the first clear I ever did involved Winter Robin/LA!Hector/Bikini Tharja/ Maria. 

Ha, great use of Harsh Command (and Reciprocal Aid), that Windsweep dagger is really annoying for units with low range. Interesting how you let the dagger and the archer block the rest of the ranged units. Also Hector #3 being parked for later use is amusing. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sound is overrated My clears are also without sound as I can't record internal sound from Android and I won't start editing videos on mobile. 

Nice Leon! He knows how to kill for sure, 56 Brave ATK is hard to resist. Do you plan to give him additional merges in the future?

Yes, sound is indeed overrated. :P:

I'll get him to +10 one day, along with Ares.  I have a thing for overwhelming offense. :P:

Maybe I should start doing stuff with Ares, too, but I like sniping over running people into units.  I shall have to think about this!

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@eclipse Looking forward to see that Ares in a clear one day! 

Ares and Eldigan are barely seen in GHB clears at from what I remember. 

Really?  I can't do squat about Eldigan, but I sure as hell can make Ares a little more popular!  Not sure how I'd approach this one, since there's a lot of ranged enemies, and a trench in the middle of the map.  Eldigan can Galeforce his way out of nonsense.  Ares is a little worse off.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Really?  I can't do squat about Eldigan, but I sure as hell can make Ares a little more popular!  Not sure how I'd approach this one, since there's a lot of ranged enemies, and a trench in the middle of the map.  Eldigan can Galeforce his way out of nonsense.  Ares is a little worse off.

Yeah, perhaps this is not the perfect map to try out Ares, very rough for non-DC melee Cavs.

In a few days we should get a new map or another rerun, schedule has its last entry with tomorrows banner. My bet is on Corrin & Azura BHB. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

It's already some time ago that I saw your Azama. Lucina seems to be a nice addition. In the end Future Vision became useful to reach the healer. 

Not only that, but Future Vision also kept Azama out of Gravity+ Aoe after the 2. round so he would not be hit by gravity, which can be fatal here

In any case i refined the Askar weapons. i am 3 stones short from refining Annas weapon though ._. but i took a rematch against Takumi Infernal with refined weapons of the Askr trio. Last time i had to use alot of premium skills like Galeforce etc. This time its all F2P skill inheritance thanks to the weapon refine!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda Cool clear! Alfonse is walling a big heap of units. That combination of double Brazen ATK/DEF and ATK smoke is really impressive, I need more Ares. 

Why does Brazen ATK/DEF count as F2P SI? 

because ares is 4* (in my eyes at least)

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

because ares is 4* (in my eyes at least)

OK, I thought F2P inheritance means from free units.

Like WoM is obtainable from BK (TT reward), Reposition from Barst (3 Heroes mission reward), Brazen ATK/SPD from Linus (TR reward) ATK smoke from Kaze (GC mission reward) and so on. 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Reward_units

Doesn't change the high value of your clear on my eyes, I just had the thought while thinking of a double Brazen Alfonse myself. Sadly I only ever pulled one Ares which was sacrificed to Walhart. 

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If you ever decide that you want in-game audio, DU Recorder does that for you. That's what I use to record my videos on my Android phone.

12 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

After looking it up, I think it is.

That's the problem (not that your phone is rooted, but that mine isn't): By default Android doesn't allow third party Apps to record in-device/in-app sounds. If I activate this option (no matter if DU recorder or another recording app) then the app starts recording Microphone sounds, which is of awful quality in my case. 

Personally, I wouldn't root my phone just to record sounds. Perhaps I'll give it another try with a rooted Android emulator in the future, which is possible with Memu. 

I'm a late comer to completing the quests. But after many attempts, all of them are done. With Black Knight, Effie, wLissa, Effie, and wTharja. I really have to get merges for Tharja, maybe if no banners interest me until December, I could +10 her. That would be nice.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Vaximillian  @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Nanima @Usana @Poimagic @SatsumaFSoysoy @Cute Chao @eclipse

So a bit late but had a small window of time to record something- I wasn't sure I was gonna get anything done but this works- Hoshidan Fliers clear of Infernal Takumi.

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Ryoma, +Atk/-Res Hinoka, +Res/-Def Summer Takumi and neutral NY!Azura Music is U+Cloud from Ao no Exorcist

AKA Happy Takumi beats negativity and teaches Fallen Takumi a lesson in lightening up.

Maybe a little bit crazy bringing fliers to a double Fallen Takumi map, but hey the theme clear works.

-This clear shows why Reposition on Fliers is always a good idea. Well unless you Sing/Dance.

-This map was made for Brash Assault seal. Summer Takumi's Fishie Bow is the perfect weapon- although he just needs to make sure he can proc Glimmer to KO his shadow self. Also I was expecting to use Escape Route more in this map but didn't really end up needing it.

-Ryoma needed Distant Def to withstand the ranged attacks and to KO the green mage back. had to unequip Moonbow and go for his native Glimmer to ensure the kill against the healer.

-Hinoka doesn't reallyneed the Atk+1 SS but equipping it made sure she has a clean KO against the sword infantry and the dagger unit so she could have more HP after the double Skadi wave. Also, exact HP KOs are satisfying.

@mcsilas That was a pretty damn good clear. Having so many fliers on this map is actually not that bad I've found. The biggest headache for me were always the staff units. Let's hope they add this battle to the next GHB rerun quests, so we can try to make clears with a complete Kinshi family.

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also, exact HP KOs are satisfying.

Exactly this, plus they look cool. Congratulations on this clear, themed clears are always fun. Makes me envious again of your Ryoma and also Hinokas nature. 

After seeing Ryoma kill the healer, I had to check Bushidos Description again. Nice when vanilla skills work.

Good usage of Brash Assault, even if in this case a SPD+ seal or SPD refine would have done the same. 

Great positioning in the end, WoM on Azura used for defense once. 

@Nanima Thanks! Staff flier Sakura would be amazing but for this GHB I really need some melee fliers, like OG Hinoka, especially in the first half of the video. Still want this to come back as the next rerun batch because I had some ideas for clears but couldn't do it because of difficulty/time 

@mampfoid Thanks! Sometimes I forget Fishie Bow is refineable/inheritable, but there's a part of me that enjoys making things work without using Refining Stones (unless i'm forced to refine them). It's partly why using level 1 Seals like Atk+1 and Brash Assault 1 also satisfying to use when it works.

Forgot to comment on some olds videos- really impressed with your videos @NegativeExponents-! Hector really dominates those maps, and I'm really impressed with the Blazing duo in the armour only clear! That dagger can be so annoying though.

1 HP Serra got me scared for a second, but nice use of crowd control so Takumi couldn't attack Caeda! But yeah I know that feeling of wanting to use the walls to your advantage, but ended up being the opposite instead in certain turns. Interesting how the healers are some of the last ones to be finished off, since this maps screams 'deal with the healers ASAP!'

@eclipse Always impressed with your Leon, it's always delightful to get to use him during things like VGs. Brave Bow is so perfect for him, and he shows Takumi who the more fabulous archer is. Also the his hair goes well with the background haha

@mcsilas I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶T̶a̶k̶u̶m̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶

Woah a flying Hoshidans clear. Never really noticed that there’s now enough flying variants to do that.

Im the same way about not using refining stones to solve things. Although in my case it’s because I’m cheap and not necessarily because I enjoy the extra challenge :P:

I think it’s a neat touch that used happy Takumi to finish off, not just one, but both of the depressed Takumis.

22 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Forgot to comment on some olds videos- really impressed with your videos @NegativeExponents-! Hector really dominates those maps, and I'm really impressed with the Blazing duo in the armour only clear! That dagger can be so annoying though.

1 HP Serra got me scared for a second, but nice use of crowd control so Takumi couldn't attack Caeda! But yeah I know that feeling of wanting to use the walls to your advantage, but ended up being the opposite instead in certain turns. Interesting how the healers are some of the last ones to be finished off, since this maps screams 'deal with the healers ASAP!'

Thanks! I mean Hector is awesome and is pretty much a given that he’ll destroy anything in his way. I was more impressed with Eliwood myself. I wasn’t sure he’d actually be able to handle as many enemies as he did but he proved to be more than capable at holding his choke point even without receiving the double Ward Armor buffs that Hector received.

Any opponent with a bs pre-charged miracle is destined to be the most annoying of enemies.

Well, the wall idea wasn’t completely abandoned. After all they’re what prevented my armored team from being swarmed by everyone up until I had to break one to deal with the last healer.

Healers on an enemy team don’t mean much when, in the first clear they aren’t able to heal much of anything because just about everyone is ORKOed. In the second clear they spend all their time healing the useless cav archer that was the only enemy incapable of dealing any damage. And in both clears the healers are used as living obstacles that prevented the Takumis from attacking. They were just more beneficial than an annoyance.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mcsilas I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶T̶a̶k̶u̶m̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶

Woah a flying Hoshidans clear. Never really noticed that there’s now enough flying variants to do that.

Im the same way about not using refining stones to solve things. Although in my case it’s because I’m cheap and not necessarily because I enjoy the extra challenge :P:

I think it’s a neat touch that used happy Takumi to finish off, not just one, but both of the depressed Takumis.

I wish I could beat my down days by riding shirtless on a giant bird

Oh don't worry I'm super cheap with refining stones and divine dew as well! haha

Yeah Eliwood was very impressive, I really like it when he gets to shine because his FE7 Lord buddies usually take the spotlight

As for the wall thing I was just recalling my own frustrating experiences in earlier clears haha. This GHB was hard especially when it first came out

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I wish I could beat my down days by riding shirtless on a giant bird

And I wish I could I ride besides Takumi to ease my present melancholy.

If Takumi ever got another alt, doing a run of the four non-Fallens vs. it, could allow one to pretend the battle is entirely inside Takumi's mind, symbolic of his internal struggle.

@mampfoid Azura didn't even need a seal. Once again Cherche turns heads with her uncanny speed but what really got me was Roy doubling both of the Takumis. I know he was buffed but you need 48 speed to double the betrayal twins. 50 Speed is pretty ridiculous even with buffs. Good stuff as always and congrats that you can rest easy. One of the BHB's I know you haven't done is the very first one: Alm and Celica. They've brought back quite a few BHBs at this point but they still haven't given that one a rerun. I wonder why.

@Alexmender Noticed the Wo Dao+ this time! Anyways, Siegbert having to take a few hits was really fine. The layout of the map is bad enough but the two dazzling clerics really make soloing a map like this difficult. You made it look easy as always but what made this clear the most impressive was how unbelievably close you were to 1-turning it. If those clerics hadn't had dazzling staff, a little finagling and you could have given Mampfoid a run for his money! 

@mcsilas If you'd told me you were going to do this map with a flier team before hand I would have told you you were crazy. You really made that one work. The Desperation bow made this one clean but the combination of flying dancer and access to the terrain usually deemed moot by other movement types was a recipe for success. The fact that this was a themed clear was just the cherry on top. Loved it. Also noticed the Desp Brash combo on Takumi. It's funny that you did that for reasons you'll discover later in this post!

@Hilda and @NegativeExponents- I'm going to check out your videos later. It's a busy day and this is probably my only chance to even make this post today. Rest assured though!

@Rafiel's Aria @Poimagic @Ginko @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @kirauza343 @Cute Chao @Usana

I considered doing a revisit of this GHB with my Matthew team but the inherit lack of time proved it unnecessary in the scheme of things. I may do it again in the future when it joins the inevitable third GHB rotation later this year (or next). For now, here's the original clear if you missed it back then.

Spoiler

Now for the new ones. Once again this one proved quite difficult for my Morgan team. But as it turned out it was my mindset holding me back. I spent so much time looking at my units limitations, trying to find out how to dodge all the unavoidable attacks, deal with Skadi and keep my units alive it never occurred to me to try to ram right into the enemy army which is pretty much what I ended up doing. The oddest thing of all was that the last piece of the puzzle turned out to be the inheriting of a very simple special: Glimmer. Now I'm going to say this: Amelia punched a hole in this GHB. The beginning of the clear starts out somewhat similar to my Matthew clear but what follows is the most unbelievably satisfying montage of Amelia ownership you've ever witnessed in these clears.

Not only is the animation of Amelia's 3-4 combos of death incredibly fun to watch, but that skill turned out to be exactly what was needed to secure literally every crucial kill of hers on this entire map. Grima's Truth plays it's part, but Amelia is the MVP here. For all of the clears (including my Matthew one) where your units either have to either maneuver around or simply try to hold/wall off Takumi's army, piercing right through the front in this one gave me the best feeling. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

Now the third clear. I've been wanting to use Ogma in a clear for the longest and also a specific song as well. Initially I wanted him to be the star of this clear but then I came to the realization that not only do I have OG Takumi (whom I've had since like a month or two after I first started) but this would be the perfect opportunity use him to crush his true self shadow.

It was easier said than done. So many factors were keeping this clear from being a reality, but the biggest one turned out simply to be the fact that Takumi really isn't that strong, at least not without help. I could have given him a refined Slaying Bow or Brave Bow, but I didn't want to part with the feathers and I like the look of his lightsaber bow Fujin Yumi, so I found other means. Those means? Stacking ATK out the wazoo.

Forgoing CC for ATK+3, Vengance for Luna, Threaten SPD for DEF and the tried and true Brash/Desp combo for insurance. Despite all that I still needed Ogma's native Spur ATK (which turned out to be coincidental) and Drive ATK on PA!Azura. Lacking any one of these skills resulted in the clear being impossible at one point or another. Despite that, Takumi needed to not have enough ATK to oneshot the bow cav at the beginning or else the cleric would attack him instead and the clear would become once again impossible. Irony, right? After some frustration though it turned out it was as simple as keeping him unbuffed and out of Azuras Drive ATK range. After that, everything fell into place.

For this clear we've got a team of tough guys. Takumi, Ogma and Azura pick apart the right side while L!Ephraim holds back the left on his own in typical Ephraim fashion. What more could you ask for? I missed the chance to play "I'll Face Myself" in probably the most appropriate situation there will ever be in Heroes, but regardless. I'm happy with my music choice. No regrets.

Cheers~

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Azura didn't even need a seal. Once again Cherche turns heads with her uncanny speed but what really got me was Roy doubling both of the Takumis. I know he was buffed but you need 48 speed to double the betrayal twins. 50 Speed is pretty ridiculous even with buffs. Good stuff as always and congrats that you can rest easy. One of the BHB's I know you haven't done is the very first one: Alm and Celica. They've brought back quite a few BHBs at this point but they still haven't given that one a rerun. I wonder why.

Yeah, Roys +SPD nature proved to be best again. Wouldn't ever change it for +ATK. 

Alm and Celica was already rerun in November (original run in July 2017), but I only started to record my clears in March 2018. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Once again this one proved quite difficult for my Morgan team.

The start was like: "Who does he think he is? Matthew?", but it worked. Amelia is "not scared" at all, funny how often her special procs. Her "best" is to double Takumi, which is already an accomplishment, also for her team mates. 

I thought you'd leave Morgans CC at home, since there are so many ranged units. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Now the third clear.

Ogma? Really? I'm surprised how good his offensive stats can become with the right set. You told me my Roy was fast? Your Ogma reaches the same 44 SPD with just LnD2 and without merges (compared to Roy's +5). 

A new team, I like it already! 

Wow Ephraim surviving with 1HP and taking 0 damage from the sword directly after. He rules the West. 

Intelligent retreat in the end to give Takumi (also without CC) the important kills, better show his dark versions how it's done! 

I liked the music, really fitting. Congratulations, great clears again! 

@eclipse if you like you can merge the coming post into my above one but I forgot to tag you because I was in a rush and It didn't sit right because I watched your clear. You can see my two new ones in the above post.

As for your clear. It was a great first one even without sound. The brave how archer+dancer is tried and true and it's awesome finally seeing your Leon in action. Here's hoping one day you throw him some merges. I'd love to see him at +10 with a partner and some supports.

I'm going to give you the same suggestion I give to all first recorders though. Turn off the support animations, I realized early on they just pad the length of your video. Combat animations are cool it I recommend turning off the dancing ones. It's fine when you're just playing, but for recording I'd turn them off. It ends up being an extra minute or two you don't need.

@Zeo Gotcha.

I call this the battle of the benchmarks for a reason.  I wouldn't have thought of using Takumi, because of all the benchmarks that he'd need to hit.  Still, nice clear!  Also good seeing Ogma in action~!