Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo Wow! I didn't notice that at all, guess I was too busy beating myself for not finding a way to put Siegbert out of harm's way, nice find! Actually I think the only GHB I managed to 1 turn was Arvis's thanks to how easy it was to let the enemy gang up and counterkill them quickly. 

That Matthew clear was full of close calls but it was very nice, funny how he was still super tanky at +4 and now he's almost invincible still needs Aether to get into that realm I say. Ayra really put a ton of work there with all the tanking and killing the BETRAYAL twins. It's also interesting to see how their skillsets have evolved with time. 

Amelia is really awesome (shame I've never gotten one...), she basically destroyed everyone. I'm still impressed with your Ninian being so tanky and dealing good amounts of damage. 

For the last clear. The song was perfect for it! It's also cool to see Ogma considering how rare it is to see someone use him I don't like his art, but that's just me. Takumi facing himself was a very nice touch but that L!Ephraim's healing is something else. Guess 80% healing is nothing to scoof at, it makes me fear what he'd be able to do with Aether+Heavy Blade, that would be one OP monster right there. But seriously, really cool clear!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Nice clears! Amelia can be such a beast, she was on an axe frenzy during those Glimmer procs! Fast armours are always fun to use.

Really enjoyed the Ogma and OG Takumi clear! Ephraim sure can take a beating, but even I was scared when he was left with single digit HP! Great to see rarely used units like Ogma as well, I was hoping he'd have more kills but I suppose it was fitting for Takumi to face his other selves. Always great to see Takumi working with his prf!

I've recently been completing Infernal GHBs using my Summer Takumi alone with the help of three Dancers to allow him to deliver more kills a turn, move him out of enemy range when needed, or soften up the enemy at times when Summer Takumi can't make the kill. My biggest accomplishment with my solo Summer Takumi run was defeating the Infested Takumi GHB on Infernal. Although I wasn't able to provide pictures, I did write a step-by-step process to how I beat the map with my Summer Takumi solo:

Spoiler

Team: Summer Takumi, Flying Olivia, PA!Azura, and Normal Azura

Starting positions: Summer Takumi (top left), Flying Olivia (top right), Normal Azura (bottom left), and PA!Azura (bottom right)

Turn 1:

1. Summer Takumi attacks the wall that is two spaces in front of him.
  2. Normal Azura stays where she is at to sing to Summer Takumi so that he can break that same wall down.
  3. Summer Takumi attacks the wall in front of him agin to destroy it.
  4. Flying Olivia moves two spaces left to sing to Takumi.
  5. Summer Takumi moves one space right to attack the next wall in front of him.
  6. PA!Azura attacks the wall in front of her from where she is at to destroy it.

Turn 2:

1. Summer Takumi moves one space right, then one space down to KO the Blue Mage that just appeared at the beginning of the turn.
  2. PA!Azura sings to Takumi from where she is currently at.
  3. Summer Takumi moves one space down to KO the Bow Knight.
  4. Normal Azura moves one space down, then one space right to sing to Takumi.
  5. Summer Takumi moves two spaces left to KO the Infantry Sword unit that just appeared at the beginning of the turn.
  6. Flying Olivia moves one space right, then one space down to sing to Takumi.
  7. Summer Takumi moves one space left to KO the incoming Lance Cavalier.
  8. The Cleric on the left will attack Takumi, but he'll survive with 31 HP after the attack.

Turn 3:

1. Summer Takumi moves one space left to KO the Thief that just appeared at the beginning of the turn.
  2. Flying Olivia moves one space left, then one space down to sing to Takumi.
  3. Summer Takumi moves two spaces right. He shouldn't attack the two Clerics right away because that will put him in range of the two Infested Takumis, so it's better to deal with the enemy units on the right for this turn.
  4. Normal Azura moves one space up, then one space left to sing to Takumi.
  5. Summer Takumi moves one space right to KO the Sword Wyvern Knight.
  6. PA!Azura sings to Takumi from where she is currently at.
  7. Summer Takumi moves one space right, then one space down to KO the Green Mage that just appeared at the beginning of the turn.
  8. Skadi activates and attacks everyone. One Cleric will attack Takumi, but he survives with 5 HP remaining. Another Cleric attacks Flying Olivia, and she survives with 4 HP remaining.

Turn 4:

1. Summer Takumi moves one space up, then one space left to KO the nearest Cleric.
  2. PA!Azura sings to Takumi from where she is currently at.
  3. Summer Takumi moves one space left, then one space down to KO the last Cleric.
  4. At this point, it is important to keep all units out of the enemy's range during the enemy phase. Thus, Normal Azura moves one space down to sing to Takumi.
  5. Summer Takumi moves one space up, then one space right to stay out of enemy range for the enemy phase, but close enough so that he can perform a kill on the approaching Axe Cavalier after it moves.
  6. Flying Olivia moves one space up to stay out of enemy range.

Turn 5:

1. Summer Takumi moves two spaces left to KO the incoming Axe Cavalier.
  2. Flying Olivia sings to Takumi from where she is currently at.
  3. Summer Takumi moves one space up, then one space left to stay out of enemy range.
  4. Normal Azura moves two spaces up to stay out of enemy range.
  5. PA!Azura moves one space up to stay out of enemy range.

Turn 6:

1. If Summer Takumi tries to attack the nearest Infested Takumi right away, he will be KOd because Summer Takumi won't deal enough damage to him without the Luna. At this point in the turn, Summer Takumi's cool down until his next Luna proc is 2, so one of the Dancers needs to soften the closest Infested Takumi so that Summer Takumi can safely kill him. For this case, PA!Azura moves one space down, then one space right to attack the Infested Takumi closest to her (the one on top of the the other Infested Takumi).
  2. PA!Azura's attack will put that Infested Takumi's HP in the right range for Summer Takumi to safely land the kill without Luna. Thus, Summer Takumi moves one space right to KO the Infested Takumi that was just damaged.
  3. Normal Azura moves one space right to sing to Takumi.
  4. Summer Takumi moves one space down to KO the other Infested Takumi (by this point, Summer Takumi will have the Luna proc ready, so he is completely safe).
  5. Flying Olivia moves two spaces right to sing to Takumi.
  6. Summer Takumi moves either one space down or one space right to KO the Red Mage Cavalier that is remaining.

Congratulations! The Happy Pineapple has successfully prevailed over the Edgy, Evil Pineapple!

• 4 weeks later...

@Junkhead The Libra was extremely impressive, but honestly what got me what how much work that *4 Fallen Takumi put in! I don't see *4's in clears, ever. Also nice to see someone commit to giving Distant Counter to units they like while I continue to sit on my 2 extra Hectors. You need to refine that Handbell, stat!

Also I was kinda disappointed that the battle music kept cutting into the background theme, I'd suggest removing the battle music for recordings but that's just me. 

Edited by Zeo

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Junkhead The Libra was extremely impressive, but honestly what got me what how much work that *4 Fallen Takumi put in! I don't see *4's in clears, ever. Also nice to see someone commit to giving Distant Counter to units they like while I continue to sit on my 2 extra Hectors. You need to refine that Handbell, stat!

The Takumi was a happy accident. I just took him along to show I could get the quest done in Infernal. My original idea was that he was going to kill both Takumis, but I was fine with this.

I also don't know much of waht you mean regarding DC. It's a fairly common skill. If anything, it's suprising that I'm using it like this, considering I heavily slept on it. It's virtually the whole reason I got through with that Infernal in the first place. Libra just trivialised the whole thing, and he didn't even have a refine then.

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also I was kinda disappointed that the battle music kept cutting into the background theme, I'd suggest removing the battle music for recordings but that's just me. 

I'm pretty sure it's just the boss theme. You can't remove it. I tend to much prefer using my own music, but this version of Azura's song is really good.

28 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I'm pretty sure it's just the boss theme. You can't remove it. I tend to much prefer using my own music, but this version of Azura's song is really good.

I think it's possible to keep the boss theme from interrupting?  It's in the Options menu somewhere.

• 10 months later...

Just poking in for a bit, because of course I couldn't miss this fight! Still supremely busy, but I managed to squeeze out enough time for the most important clear of them all:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo @mcsilas @daisy jane @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343 @ruruo

Takus versus Takus

Music: 1. Flowing Waters (Fire Emblem Fates) 2. Battle with the twin demons Lechku and Nechku (Okami) - the last one seemed fitting and the mechanical sounds they make during the fight do sound a bit like a puppet being wound up...

Anyway guys, this is the big fight. The one I never imagined I'd be able to do with just the Takus. And look how far they and me have come. This honestly didn't take me too long to figure out. Skadikumi was the big star here, with just how much firepower he now has. I am so proud of him. The others more than did their part as well though. Nyakumi really took that hit like a champ and managed to rid me of that pesky healer, while Sunkumi annihilated anything I pointed him at and even OG!Takumi got some critical shots in. The end I was most proud of, because not only did I manage to outdo the AI evil Takus with my own, but also had normal Taku triumph over one. Really this clear, more than any of the others, shows that you can still achieve your dreams even when your fave happens to only get colourless alts with barely two weapon types between them. I am really happy I got to show this off.

Not sure how much I'll be able to reply, so I'll preemptively thank everyone for watching and hope to see you again sometime early- to mid-September!

@Nanima Glad you found the time to do this satisfying clear. Sounds like you were looking forward to this since some time.

I sense a dead Wolt here! Very nice, stacking Brazens to have the ultimate Skadikumi. With his special, he would have killed an enemy-kumi in one hit at full HP, wow! But his Skadi helped ogkumi to a 100% boss-shot.

I really enjoyed to watch this, especially since I know how difficult this map can be. Congrats! 

See you in September! 

Another Movement Quest that was able to take on Infernal, featuring a few new faces~

@mampfoid

B!Hector actually pitybroke me while going for S!Lyn so it was a bit funny to use them together~ Boey's not necessarily a new face, but he does have a fun new toy that really came in clutch here~ Raventome while he chokeholds a bunch of Colorless units couldn't have come at a better time.

This clear is a tad different to how I first cleared it, as I did on my first attempt with the team and Ares was somehow able to oneshot the Takus then but I could get him to do it when I went to record it. This one gives a bit more shine to other units, though, so it's fine~

Can we all agree Healers were a mistake? Yes? Thanks.

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

Just poking in for a bit, because of course I couldn't miss this fight! Still supremely busy, but I managed to squeeze out enough time for the most important clear of them all:

Takus versus Takus

Music: 1. Flowing Waters (Fire Emblem Fates) 2. Battle with the twin demons Lechku and Nechku (Okami) - the last one seemed fitting and the mechanical sounds they make during the fight do sound a bit like a puppet being wound up...

Anyway guys, this is the big fight. The one I never imagined I'd be able to do with just the Takus. And look how far they and me have come. This honestly didn't take me too long to figure out. Skadikumi was the big star here, with just how much firepower he now has. I am so proud of him. The others more than did their part as well though. Nyakumi really took that hit like a champ and managed to rid me of that pesky healer, while Sunkumi annihilated anything I pointed him at and even OG!Takumi got some critical shots in. The end I was most proud of, because not only did I manage to outdo the AI evil Takus with my own, but also had normal Taku triumph over one. Really this clear, more than any of the others, shows that you can still achieve your dreams even when your fave happens to only get colourless alts with barely two weapon types between them. I am really happy I got to show this off.

Not sure how much I'll be able to reply, so I'll preemptively thank everyone for watching and hope to see you again sometime early- to mid-September!

Skadkumi here to show these impostors who the real deal is. Seems he was not pleased to see his likeness so negatively portrayed, as he went absolutely crazy here with Sunkumi as his right hand man.Those healers are notorious on this map, so good to get rid of them right away. Nyakumi was also quite the champ for tanking the Sword Dragon. OG!Taku definitely played his part as well. Awesome when the Takus can pull off these heavy reinforcement maps on their own!

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

B!Hector actually pitybroke me while going for S!Lyn so it was a bit funny to use them together~ Boey's not necessarily a new face, but he does have a fun new toy that really came in clutch here~ Raventome while he chokeholds a bunch of Colorless units couldn't have come at a better time.

That was quite a Bonfire/Ignis storm. A new toys clear, neat! I think I'll give Boey refine + promotion as well one day. Too bad I only kept a +SPD copy. ^^'

Bector and Lyn are doing their jobs pretty well, but Boey and Ares are rocking this maps with their bulk and unleashed specials. 

Congrats! 

@Nanima Congrats on beating the Takus with your Takus! Soupkumi took a close call tanking the swordie but he was good bait for your archer Takumis to delete the flier. Oooh I love how you left the Takumis until last, it's a very fitting finish, especially with OG Takumi defeating one of his shadows.

@Landmaster Raventome effect tanking is so satisfying in this map, loved seeing Boey's new refine in action! Is +Spd Ares that much better than +Atk/+Def or was Spd boon your best Ares? Either way, his weapon is crazy good. Also nice to see the new Lyn in action, and B!Hector is always pretty strong with his doubling mixed phase.

Healers were a mistake, unless they're in your control 

@Ginko Since you wanted a Silas clear

@Zeo @Alexmender @Azuris @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, neutral Picnic Leo, +Atk +1 Legendary Azura and +Atk/-Def Mikoto

Music is Lamentation from Samurai Shodown 5

-So the famed F!Takumi GHB is back...and surprisingly despite how I dreaded this Infernal map, it went a lot smoother than I thought thanks to the new units released after this GHB. Picnic Leo in particular with double DD and Gronnraven was off to a great start, dealing with one of the F!Takumis straight away and shrugging off the healer's attack (although he still couldn't escape Gravity...ironic since normal Leo has the Gravity effect..). For those who thought P!Leo's stats were rubbish, well enemy phase combat is what he excels at, and his 3 move reach helps bait enemies before they become troublesome.

-That said, I wanted to play around with Brazens due to Skadi's effect. Ironically, the two units who had them, Silas and Mikoto, were actually out of Skadi's range to even activate their Brazens lol. Still, they get damaged enough to activate the Brazens- Mikoto is just deadly with that double Atk boost (wanted to use her more often) while Silas just kept tanking things (the red mage's Poison Strike helped activate the Brazen without taking too much damage).

@mcsilas Amazing clear!! I love it so much. Seeing Tomato Prince bully Betrayal Pineapple is so satisfying. Mikoto after Brazen deal a lot of damage and shut all counterattack. Silas blocking path and take care of lower area like the China Greatwall !!

On 8/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, mcsilas said:

@Nanima Congrats on beating the Takus with your Takus! Soupkumi took a close call tanking the swordie but he was good bait for your archer Takumis to delete the flier. Oooh I love how you left the Takumis until last, it's a very fitting finish, especially with OG Takumi defeating one of his shadows.

@Landmaster Raventome effect tanking is so satisfying in this map, loved seeing Boey's new refine in action! Is +Spd Ares that much better than +Atk/+Def or was Spd boon your best Ares? Either way, his weapon is crazy good. Also nice to see the new Lyn in action, and B!Hector is always pretty strong with his doubling mixed phase.

Healers were a mistake, unless they're in your control 

@Ginko Since you wanted a Silas clear

@Zeo @Alexmender @Azuris @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid

Team is +Atk +1 Silas, neutral Picnic Leo, +Atk +1 Legendary Azura and +Atk/-Def Mikoto

Music is Lamentation from Samurai Shodown 5

-So the famed F!Takumi GHB is back...and surprisingly despite how I dreaded this Infernal map, it went a lot smoother than I thought thanks to the new units released after this GHB. Picnic Leo in particular with double DD and Gronnraven was off to a great start, dealing with one of the F!Takumis straight away and shrugging off the healer's attack (although he still couldn't escape Gravity...ironic since normal Leo has the Gravity effect..). For those who thought P!Leo's stats were rubbish, well enemy phase combat is what he excels at, and his 3 move reach helps bait enemies before they become troublesome.

-That said, I wanted to play around with Brazens due to Skadi's effect. Ironically, the two units who had them, Silas and Mikoto, were actually out of Skadi's range to even activate their Brazens lol. Still, they get damaged enough to activate the Brazens- Mikoto is just deadly with that double Atk boost (wanted to use her more often) while Silas just kept tanking things (the red mage's Poison Strike helped activate the Brazen without taking too much damage).

Oh heavens no, +Atk Ares is infinitely better. I only went with +Spd because 35 makes him almost always easily doubled, while 38 with a Rally or near a Drive puts him at a fairly decent Spd. Though that’s almost never going to matter in most cases. I do indeed have a +Atk Ares in case I ever want to change has boon, though. I just haven’t yet found that he misses the Atk. Even in some Abyssal clears, I’ve always been able to make due, but that Spd would have really messed him up if he didn’t have it.

Lots of colorless units on this map meant Leo had a lot of fun, i see I’m not the only Raventome fan on Picnic Leo~ Silas really mowed down most of this map on his own, though Mikoto was really useful in keeping everyone’s health up. Mikoto is always a rare sight so it’s nice to see her get hits in, too, Flash is a really nice Staff for this map~

• Parrhesia pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...