Grand Hero Battle Breaks Through: Takumi

SatsumaFSoysoy

Infernal cleared using the [Fjorm + Healer on the Right] ; [Second Tank + Dancer on the Left] strat.

Took me a while to find a tank in my F2P roster who could actually do the job. Finally made it work with a summoner-supported black knight.

-Fjorm was stadard
-PA! Azura was standard

The surprise clutch star player was Lucius in the Healer slot. Ditched his standard savage pain build to run a purely support oriented set with HP +5, Wings of Mercy, Spur Def, and Drive Def Seal. (Miracle Tanking + Martyr on a teleporter is fun)

Wings of Mercy in the B slot let him warp across the map to finish off a low health mage + do just enough splash damage with Pain to bring Takumi down into BK's OHKO range, take a dance from Azura, then pop back up to Fjorm to top her off + keep attack/def bond, spur defense, and drive defense active.

...there was one turn at the end there when the axe cavalier came charging up on Fjorm's side--Fjorm couldn't handle it--where the difference between victory-and-defeat was Lucius just popping out in front to eat a Luna proc with [Miracle].

He healed. He tanked. He buffed. He did some damage. 

Lucius really pulled his weight on this one. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/6/2018 at 2:34 AM, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! 

I remember you saying you were picky about your archers. Did you give Leon some fancy skills or merges? 

Not for this one!  He's his usual Brave Death Blow self!  He needed every last bit of MT to kill everything (mages should not be that bulky).

• 4 months later...

Got the clears.

Armored Emblem: basically ran my merged DC armors (Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn)

Takumi/Fjorm:
Reinhardt
Brave Lyn (Firesweep + Chill Spd 3)
Olivia (WoM3, Hone Spd 1 seal)
5* Fallen Takumi (Draw Back, Luna, Desperation 3, Spd +3) or Fjorm (Reposition, QR3 seal)

Infernal Takumi in One Turn:

With Takumi I have cleared all GHBs (and LHBs) so far in One Turn each (see the list below), missing only some older BHBs. No new skills necessary for this, except Roy needed finally WoM3. The only close call was Marth meeting the WoM requirement. Cherches speedy streak continues. 

/edit: I fixed the sound of the video, somehow this reduced the quality, sorry for that. 

Clear Overview: 

Spoiler

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel

Clear - Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The Liberator

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

Discussion Link - Video Link

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura

Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Chrom & Lissa

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector

Clear - Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

@LordFrigid I've also had this planned in advance and only saw your video after I've recorded mine ... well this time our units took exactly the same route. What a bummer. Perhaps I'll think of an alternative later. Galeforce Hector is always worth to watch though - a beaming, speedy tank. 

Great Caeda clear! Those healers, Swordbreakers and double Skadis sure are annoying for Caeda, but she keeps calm and cleans up. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid tbh, there really aren’t that many options, just due to how the enemies are set up. The Lance Cav is the only way to get WoM active, unless you can somehow find a Galeforce unit with 24 HP. I guess you could use a ranged unit, but tbh...I’m not even sure if or how that would work. A DC unit that Galeforces through the healers and somehow KOs everything else on the EP would do the job too, I suppose. Legendary Ephraim (DC, HB seal, Ostia’s Pulse support) might work. Some combination of merges, +Def, Summoner Support would be needed to survive.

I like how both our “main” units took out both Takumis.

Edit: apparently my Legendary Ephraim is +Def/-Res. If I had DC fodder and a Legendary Hector, I might actually have been tempted to try it =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With Takumi I have cleared all GHBs (and LHBs) so far in One Turn each (see the list below), missing only some older BHBs. No new skills necessary for this, except Roy needed finally WoM3. The only close call was Marth meeting the WoM requirement. Cherches speedy streak continues. 

I don't know why, but the taps on the phone makes me chuckle.

Edited by Aera

Last turn of the map with my armours and I had Grima plus a very low HP Zelgius facing off against the red cav mage and the two Takumis. I looked away to read something on my PC during enemy turn assuming it was game over only to find there was just one almost-dead Takumi left on the map. Grima OP.

Still wish I had a ranged armour though. Running all melee feels very limiting, even if 3/4 have DC.

Thank god they hid the extra copy behind a Fjorm clear. I would've been screwed if it was one of the Askrs. Fjorm actually beat most of the map herself, with my flier team only providing backup. It was kinda fun.

Now let's send out my +3 Skadikumi to take out himself!

27 minutes ago, Aera said:

Ouch. I had to reinstall my recording app last week and somehow the sound option was reactivated in the process. Sadly on Android that means only Microphone. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll change it ASAP. 

Armors was a refreshing challenge for me and my mediocre armor team. Doing this one without any DC would be hell, I feel. Luckily, Jakob and Grima did most of the work, while Vantage Black Knight and his WoM twin took care of the bystanders. Infernal would have been ... well, infernal to beat, tho. good thing, that's not necessary. The other quests aren't even worth mentioning if you already beat Infernal.

I was a bit worried it would be hard doing the armor clear, but it ended up being a lot easier and more fun than I expected. Henry, Jakob, Tharja and Effie was my team, and I thought Henry and Tharja would be the big players, but really it was Galeforce Effie with Heavy Blade. she basically took the left side of the map + both Takumis all on her own, and killed both Takumis in the same turn thanks to Galeforce. That was fun to see.

@mampfoid Congrats on finishing all the GHBs! Considering this is one of the harder maps for most playing normally, that clear turned out pretty smooth and straightforward.

48 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid tbh, there really aren’t that many options, just due to how the enemies are set up. The Lance Cav is the only way to get WoM active, unless you can somehow find a Galeforce unit with 24 HP. I guess you could use a ranged unit, but tbh...I’m not even sure if or how that would work. A DC unit that Galeforces through the healers and somehow KOs everything else on the EP would do the job too, I suppose. Legendary Ephraim (DC, HB seal, Ostia’s Pulse support) might work. Some combination of merges, +Def, Summoner Support would be needed to survive.

[...]

Edit: apparently my Legendary Ephraim is +Def/-Res. If I had DC fodder and a Legendary Hector, I might actually have been tempted to try it =P .

Yeah, I can't think of another way right now. Four kills on EP would be a little few Galeforce for my liking, but perhaps it would be possible with heavy ploying, Legendary Ephraim (don't have) and Legendary Hector (don't have) like you wrote. 

48 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I like how both our “main” units took out both Takumis.

That was a nice touch indeed. Roy was a little underrepresented in my last clears. 

48 minutes ago, Aera said:

Fixed. 

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Congrats on finishing all the GHBs! Considering this is one of the harder maps for most playing normally, that clear turned out pretty smooth and straightforward.

Thanks!

I was looking forward to this map, but it's not that bad If you reach everybody before they can start their annoying dazzling/skadi/reinforcement stuff. 

Somehow managed to beat the armor quest using normal Hector, Valentine's Lyn, Halloween Jakob, and Grima. I had to restart MANY times on this map because often I'd be just a little bit short in finishing off enemies (and taking QR seal off Jakob made the bow knight attack Grima, for some reason, and that fucked up my strategy). Successful run ended up with the AI acting differently and letting me finishing off the final enemy.

Good god, do I have to get a  Grima to finish that armor quest? I have Tharja, Hector , BK and Jakob, all have Ward Armor and they still dies. I have an Effie btw, who should I switch  out for her? 

Edit: And there is a Fighter skill banner coming. What marketing strategy ....

Edited by DraceEmpressa

@DraceEmpressa Maybe Jakob? I ended up running regular Hector with berserk Armads, 4* brave lance Effie with the boots, Zelgius, and H!Henry. Was tricky and took finagling, but ended up working. Zelgius had DD seal, Hector QP, and Henry atk/def 2.

Effie was vital, and I really need to finally do right by her and 5* her. If only I had a spare Lissa and Hector so I could give my +res Effie BL+, DC, BF, and the QR seal. That'd be so much fun.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

@DraceEmpressa Maybe Jakob? I ended up running regular Hector with berserk Armads, 4* brave lance Effie with the boots, Zelgius, and H!Henry. Was tricky and took finagling, but ended up working. Zelgius had DD seal, Hector QP, and Henry atk/def 2.

Effie was vital, and I really need to finally do right by her and 5* her. If only I had a spare Lissa and Hector so I could give my +res Effie BL+, DC, BF, and the QR seal. That'd be so much fun.

I see, my Effie is +atk -hp and is 5* already, guess it could work. I don't want to upgrade my seals, but I am willing to use SI and I have many feathers to spare. I'll see if this works. 

Finally beaten infernal with flyer team and completed all quests. Once more FGrima saved the day. It took me some attempts though. The bow knight and right Takumi were eaten in the first turn. The both healers weren't that much of an issue since she still was fast enough to double everyone. Just the reinforcements were problematic, especially the red raven tome mage knight. Still with buffs she could ORKO him.

I have too much trouble to finish the Infernal, even F2P solution don't work because my AI don't act normally for some reason (I just have 1 extra atk on my Fjorm). This map killed me. 

@mampfoid Holy...! You make this map seem so easy despite being one of the hardest. To make it even greater you had to nerf Cherche in order to use Galeforce. That's just awesome! 

- - - 

For me, I haven't cleared every quest. As much as I tend to hate it I'll wait for a f2p guide to take care of the F!Takumi and Fjorm quests. At least my armor team took care of their quest during the first try, although it wasn't that easy despite being in Lunatic.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

Anyways...For the Eirika clear I couldn't do a solo because the map is too cramped so I had to let Siegbert take some hits from the healer. It's bothersome, but I can't find a way to solo this map without pulling Flying Olivia.

Two enemy Takumis means I can do both the kill Takumi with Fjorm and kill Takumi with Takumi quests in one run.

Too bad I didn't realize until I had already started the first run with Fjorm and decided to finish it anyways. I did make sure to go back and do the run again with both of them, though.

Just whale things:

+10 Legendary Ike [+Atk, -HP] (Ragnell, Reposition, Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Quick Riposte 3, Def Tactic 3)
+10 Fjorm [+Atk, -Def] (Leiptr, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2)
+0 Dark Takumi [=] (Skadi, Vengeance, Fury 3, Spd Smoke 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Swift-Winds Balm, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3) [Water]

And I suddenly realize that the only Skill Inheritance these units have are Reposition on Ike and Fjorm and Recover+ and Speed +3 on Lyn (if you consider Wrathful Staff 3 and Dazzling Staff refine equivalent to the two reversed).

No Sacred Seals because I forgot to equip any.

@LordFrigid Wow, what a speedy Hector! Very nice exact kill with Caeda on the Takumis as well. Your Caeda solo was great as well; I was a bit concerned when Airzura was in range of the red tome cavalier, but she managed to hold on just fine. Great clears!

@mampfoid Speedy Cherche is a great Cherche! Your clear makes it look easy, even though with all the ranged units I'm sure it took time to get the setup right to trigger WoM.

@Alexmender That's one way to deal with Skadi: having Eirika kill the Takumis before they can use it. This seems like a difficult map for a true solo, but Eirika does the hard parts on her own. Nice job!

No Micaiah and the redheads today (maybe later if I decide that I don't need the last bit of my sanity), instead we've got my flier team (and considering last time I had to use Lyn + 3 dancer cheese it's an improvement). Thank god for F!Grima.

I cut it a little close in some places (like Camilla and F!Grima's ally support giving her 1 resistance is the difference between the last healer attacking and killing F!Grima and them staying behind to heal instead), but they made it through.

@mampfoid Making this notoriously difficult GHB look easy!  Congrats on 1-turning them all.  Which of the older BHBs specifically are you still missing?

The armor quest is killing me right now.  X_x  My attempts with Hector/BK/Amelia/LA!Eliwood have thus far been unsuccessful.  I feel like a ranged-armor would be really useful here, but alas, I do not have one.