Dear Nintendo, 80 DOLLARS ARE NOT 80 EURO

Armadillo8

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They seem to be pretty standard in general stores and grocery stores over here.

I've never seen sales for any kind of gift card here (Amazon, Google, Apple, Spotify and so on). 

1 hour ago, Kruggov said:

To me it seems like half the european countries can't use those gift cards (rememer when I won one in a giveaway here, and couldn't use it?) in the first place, hence why they are not sold there.

Sorry to hear that, did you try some VPN/proxy stuff? 

I've used a Google play card purchased in Germany on an Italian device in Italy, which worked even if they didn't sell play cards in Italy at that point. 

On 22/02/2018 at 8:23 PM, Mariode said:

Dear Nintendo,

I won't spend a penny on this godforsaken game (as much as I want to) until the pricing imbalance is fixed.
When will you realize that 80 DOLLARS ARE NOT 80 EUROS for fuck's sake!

This was probably dicussed a lot, but in case you didn't know, the average European citizen pays 15 Dollars more for 140 Orbs than an American does, which is ridiculous, not in my opionion but for a fact.
I don't know what is going through their heads, but this seriuously needs fixing. Until this does't change, I and many other Europeas will not pay for this game.
It's just bullshit. I could go buy something for 65 Dollars and then burn the remaining 15 to ash. The result is the same.

Is there any reasonable explanation for that pricing? If there is, please enlighten me.

Taxes. The rate of sales tax varies depending upon the country you're in and whether the tax needs to be included in the sale price or not differs too. Furthermore once prices are set they don't tend to change for a while, so if currencies move against each other during that time it's rare to see the prices change unless it becomes incredibly significant. These things often explain most price differences.