Greybirds Sprites

Garret Greybird

Hi, after creating a DeviantArt account (https://garretgreybird.deviantart.com/) and posting this on the German Fire Emblem Forum I decided to go ahead and post these here to.

I am quite new to Spriting but decided to go ahead and try to make some own Sprites.

I started with enhancing the resolution of Ephraim's normal attack:

5a90ae7d88291_EphraimFertig.gif.9b2211ebb64cf3a280fc3784fb7922ac.gif

Afterwards, I went ahead and made my first own Animation in this higher resolution with a character where I only had to move the arms and not the body:

BillCypher.final.gif.81f7a1e68d82dd51443b127a35915075.gif

But I recently only got time in the evenings so I decided to go with the "easier" normal FE style.

The first one was inspired by John Constantine and used Lylods sprite as a basis for him. the two first pics are my ideas for his idle pose, while the third one is the first sketch for his first keyframe.

Constantine.gif.88d457233b352a0da4b56504a44fec00.gif

This is my try to create Ryougi Shiki (Saber version) from The Fate/Grand Order in an FE style. Her Basis was some bishop sprite (Think it was Arthur). The first two pictures are her idle with and without a weapon, while the last one is my first try on the first keyframe (still not happy with it, needs a different angle).

RyougiShikiSaber.gif.52b91ba476ed09e439ee003a657ef2b0.gif

These two are Ryougi Shiki (Assasin version), which is just a rather minor edit to some female Rouge. the second sprite is my first try on Artoria (from Fate as well), with a mix of druid and mercenary as a basis.

RyougiShikiAssasin.gif.6892a7a006719975918357918c3638b8.gif       Artoria.gif.ee8deef80576adebb648fece7d4b0c79.gif

Now, this last one is the one I am currently trying to animate. It is Mordred (again, from Fate) and I got one version with and without helmet, as well as the first keyframe, which I am currently trying to connect with the idle pose.

MordredComparison.gif.5d86cc7191e2c472b9ec6dc7e72d2d2f.gif

I would really appreciate some feedback to any of these sprites.

• 2 weeks later...

I think your sprites are interesting, but I'd start with editing normal, official fire emblem animations. Even "simple" things like changing the hair of an animation is enough to start with, in regards to getting better with practice.

I started out by doing that editing stuff, and eventually I could do stuff like this =D

FE Rogue custom critical animation
I changed the rouge's weapon from a dagger to a katana!

And eventually I could do animations like this!

another FE custom animation

Edited by Dinar87

Thank you for your reply and for your suggestion/tip.

I just think I wouldn't be satisfied with spending a few hours on just editing the hair of a character...But I will take from that, that I should start with smaller edits to get familiar with the animations till I do "bigger" changes or my own animations.