Jump to content
Ae†her

Lucina, Brave Princess

Recommended Posts

Lucina, Brave Princess
Image result for brave lucina datamine

"Our bond... gives me strength!"

This quote from Brave Lucina say's a lot about her functionality actually. She provides offensive support to other units when she's within 2 spaces of them, and in return their ability to deal with Lucina's threats allows Lucina to fight against units that perfectly get countered by her. That isn't to say Lucina can't do a lot on her own though. She's still a pretty amazing and speedy lancer.

Level 40 Stats:

HP: 38/41/44
Atk: 31/34/37
Spd: 33/36/39
Def: 24/27/31
Res: 16/19/22

BST: 157~158

Skills:

Weapon: Silver Lance > Geirskogul 
Assist: -
Special: Sol > Aether
A: Armored Blow 1 > Sturdy Blow 2
B: -
C: Drive Spd 2
Movement: Infantry - Access to Infantry Pulse, Wrath, Steady Breath ...etc.

Full Drive (Sumia's Daugther)

Spoiler

Nature: +Spd / -Res, +Def / -Res (+Atk is also acceptable)

Weapon: Geirskogul
Assist: Rally Def/Res
Special: Sol / Aether

A: Atk/Spd Bond 3 / Atk/Def Bond 3 / Fury 3 / Steady Breath
B: Vantage 3 / Quick Riposte 3 Lancebreaker 3
C: Spur Atk/Spd 2 / Spur Spd/Def 2 / Drive Spd 2 Drive Atk 2 / Hone Atk 3 / Hone Spd 3
SS: Spur Atk 3 / Spur Spd 3 / Drive Def 2  / Hone Spd 3 / Hone Atk 3

This build is meant specifically for Lucina to provide a great deal of support to her allies. Keep in mind any offensive skillsets for Lucina can work well because Lucina's primary role here is still to give stat boosts to her allies.

RedAll the skills highlighted red are meant for a Lucina who has to stay adjacent to her allies to provide them support. That's why you only see Spurs in this category as they are the only skills that force you to get adjacent to an ally so that you can provide them stat boosts in combat. Spurs are safer than Hones, and that's because they can't be interrupted by Panic Ploys, Legion Axe+s, and other similar skills. Atk/Spd Bond 3 is recommended here because Lucina will stay close to her allies, and in return she can make great use of Atk/Spd Bond 3 or Atk/Def Bond 3 whenever she gets attacked. Sol helps keep her alive as Lucina is still not that bulky with only 30 Base Def and 41 HP with Geirskogul, and neutral Def stat. Vantage 3 helps protect her at low HPs, and she can proc Sol on the enemies to survive any lethal attacks when it's ready. Lucina wants Spd for this set to ensure she gets doubled as little as possible, and can get more follow-ups.

Yellow - The yellow is an alternate offensive set for Lucina that helps her combat performance a bit more as she is not reliant on being next to an ally, and also it's meant to make Lucina physically bulkier. However, while Fury 3 helps make her bulkier it slowly kills her, but Steady Breath and Aether combo is meant to take a risk by letting the enemy attack Lucina, but ultimately keep her HP full. This set helps build up Lucina's arena score as well by using Aether, and Lucina is already running Rally Def/Res. Lancebreaker 3 works for Lucina as well so that she can deal with common arena threats like Ephraim, Nephenee, and Effie.

Rally Def/Res - Additional support to defensive stats for an ally.

Blue - The blue is meant for Lucina to not be reliant on Lucina sticking adjacent to her allies. Any number of Drive combos can be used depending on the team, and it allows Lucina to support her allies from 2 spaces. Hone combos give Lucina the luxury of not even having to be near her allies, but for maximum stat boosts she still needs to be within 2 spaces to provide Geirskogul's Drive Atk 2 + Drive Spd 2. Also Hones and Fortify skills can be easily countered by Panic Ploy as long as the foe has higher HP than your units.

All About the Lance (Cordelia's Sully's Daugther)

Spoiler

Nature: +Spd / -Res, +Atk/+Def / -Res

Weapon: Slaying Edge+ (Spd+) / Slaying Edge+ (Def+)
Assist: Reposition / Varies on Team
Special: Bonfire / Moonbow / Aether / Galeforce

A: Fury 3 / Swift Sparrow 2  / Life and Death 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3 / Steady Breath
B: Desperation 3 / Guard 3
C: Drive Spd 2
SS: Spd+3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Heavy Blade 3

These builds are primarily dedicated to making Lucina an offensive powerhouse, and unfortunately we have to get rid of her Geirskogul to do that because it's not as helpful as a refinable Slaying Lance+.

Yellow - This is speedy Lucina, and with the Spd boon, Spd+ refine, Spd+3 seal and Fury 3 she can reach 48 Spd, which is very high even when looking at T20 Arena. Bonfire takes advantage of Lucina's decently high Def, and gives some nice guranteed damage. Moonbow is a great alternative as well, and in Desperation mode Lucina will be able to proc it and prevent damage as well if she can follow-up on her opponent.

Blue - This is nothing too fancy. It's just a standard Steady Breath + Slaying Weapon + Aether + QR 3 set. Guard 3 is here to prevent deadly specials which are common nowadays. Def refine is always wanted as it gives a whopping +4 Def, and Lucina needs help with her bulk regardless of whether you decide to go Atk boon route or Def boon route with her. 

Heavy Blade 3 - With an Atk boon, and a Spd refine plus the Fury 3 + Desperation 3 set. Lucina can make a decent Heavy Blade user. Galeforce is recommended here as it well be one of the better skills she can take advantage of, and it allows her to take another action once HB 3 Seal works, and Lucina can follow-up her opponent. You can also go Bonfire so that Lucina can proc it on the second hit regardless of whether she is in the Desperation range or not, as long as she has higher Atk than her foes. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is very decent for Lucina because it helps a neutral Atk one reach 55 Atk which is very decent for Heavy Blade builds. Life and Death 3 could potentially work, but 53 Atk is still not that high, but an Atk boon would also work with Life and Death 3, but it trades off Spd.

Hybrid Builds - Hybrid builds are pretty much mix and matching of offensive builds (minus the Slaying Lance) with support builds that involve the use of Geirskogul as that is Lucina's main trade-off when it comes to providing support.

 

Edited by Ae†her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got extremely lucky and pulled +Spd/-Res back when she was added (only CYL unit I've ever managed to pull) and she's great. I pulled a whopping 5 more from the last Legendary banner (more absurd luck) and despite having a variety of options, I feel like +Spd/-Res is her best nature, at least for my purposes.

Paired with Vanguard Ike and given Earth Blessing, I run her default kit with Desperation and flexible seal (Drive Def or Heavy Blade usually).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johann said:

I got extremely lucky and pulled +Spd/-Res back when she was added (only CYL unit I've ever managed to pull) and she's great. I pulled a whopping 5 more from the last Legendary banner (more absurd luck) and despite having a variety of options, I feel like +Spd/-Res is her best nature, at least for my purposes.

Paired with Vanguard Ike and given Earth Blessing, I run her default kit with Desperation and flexible seal (Drive Def or Heavy Blade usually).

Her Atk isn't that high with Slaying Lance+ and Fury 3 to make Heavy Blade seal optimal at least without an Atk boon imo. Maybe with Geirskogul it works with a Spd boon, but it's actually better to go with an Atk boon and Slaying Lance+ (Spd+) at that point because the result is the same in terms of Atk and Spd, but now you get an SC-1 and HP+5. I'll be sure to include the build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drive effects on Geirskogul are too good for me to pass up. It's very rare that I rely on her using a special to kill something, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Johann said:

The drive effects on Geirskogul are too good for me to pass up. It's very rare that I rely on her using a special to kill something, too.

Hybrid sets are also viable on Lucina of course. I'll make a note of that actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have trouble deciding on a B skill for her. I have Vantage, Desperation, and Lancebreaker on her with Lancebreaker currently equipped. I also have qualms with using Fury on her as she isn't the bulkiest of units.

Though I guess I should merge my freebie one with the +Atk/-Res one I pulled, but I'm kind of sentimental to the freebie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I have trouble deciding on a B skill for her. I have Vantage, Desperation, and Lancebreaker on her with Lancebreaker currently equipped. I also have qualms with using Fury on her as she isn't the bulkiest of units.

Though I guess I should merge my freebie one with the +Atk/-Res one I pulled, but I'm kind of sentimental to the freebie.

A merge gives her increased Spd which is pretty good for her. And if you use Slaying Edge (+Spd) and Fury 3 you can reach 43 Spd and 54 Atk on your +Atk one, which would be good with Desperation 3 or Vantage if you prefer it. Lancebreaker helps slow or high Spd lacking Lucinas, but lance units are usually not that fast unless they're Nephenee or Camus.. It would help her against Wary Fighter Effies, but other than that it there's not much utility to it for Lucina as opposed to having Desperation or Vantage. If your Lucina is there mainly for supporting other more powerful units then Lancebreaker is a pretty decent option.

And also thank you for reminding be about it because I was supposed to add it to the options for "Full Drive".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

A merge gives her increased Spd which is pretty good for her. And if you use Slaying Edge (+Spd) and Fury 3 you can reach 43 Spd and 54 Atk on your +Atk one, which would be good with Desperation 3 or Vantage if you prefer it. Lancebreaker helps slow or high Spd lacking Lucinas, but lance units are usually not that fast unless they're Nephenee or Camus.. It would help her against Wary Fighter Effies, but other than that it there's not much utility to it for Lucina as opposed to having Desperation or Vantage. If your Lucina is there mainly for supporting other more powerful units then Lancebreaker is a pretty decent option.

And also thank you for reminding be about it because I was supposed to add it to the options for "Full Drive".

A slaying lance + would be a hefty investment since those who have it (Lukas and Catria) are units I'd like to keep around, but that speed is tempting and I could afford it so long as refined ones count. I'd also have to get over not using her special lance, but it I suppose it would mean I could use either build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

A slaying lance + would be a hefty investment since those who have it (Lukas and Catria) are units I'd like to keep around, but that speed is tempting and I could afford it so long as refined ones count. I'd also have to get over not using her special lance, but it I suppose it would mean I could use either build. 

You could alternatively train up a Peri and try upgrading the Killer Lance+ to Slaying Lance+ then refine it. It's actually not that expensive compared to some of the support builds, for example the Spur Atk/Spd 2, which only LA!Lyn has lol. It's somewhat fitting though since Lucina is a very wealthy character that she would require some heavy investment for optimal performance or high-end performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

You could alternatively train up a Peri and try upgrading the Killer Lance+ to Slaying Lance+ then refine it. It's actually not that expensive compared to some of the support builds, for example the Spur Atk/Spd 2, which only LA!Lyn has lol. It's somewhat fitting though since Lucina is a very wealthy character that she would require some heavy investment for optimal performance or high-end performance.

I actually have that Lyn, but only one copy.

For me, I have a hard time not having a character use their unique weapon whether it's optimal or not, but I might give it to her so that I have the option. She already has fury too and my Drive Def seal is fully upgraded, so I could switch depending on what I need I suppose.

And I'm not sure I'd qualify her as wealthy since her inheritance was mostly destroyed. I'm sure Chrom would be more than happy to make sure she was well off in the present though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering why no mention of L&D? Swift Sparrow is certainly better since it maintains what does exist of her bulk, but even with the loss from L&D it seems like she should be able to take one hit and then rely on desperation from there.

As for her default sturdy blow, is that even worth spending the SP on while I wait for fodder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Was wondering why no mention of L&D? Swift Sparrow is certainly better since it maintains what does exist of her bulk, but even with the loss from L&D it seems like she should be able to take one hit and then rely on desperation from there.

As for her default sturdy blow, is that even worth spending the SP on while I wait for fodder?

I didn't really consider Life and Death that much because it ruins a portion of Lucina's strengths as a different unit than regular Lucina (namely her Def) for just 1 more Atk/Spd than Swift Sparrow. However, looking back Def probably doesn't matter that much for that specific build so I'll add it, and I may add Brazen Atk/Spd as well.

The brave heroes default kits were made only in such a way that it helps them with what they're good at so Sturdy Blow's Atk/Def boosts helps Lucina out a lot in some occassions for farming. It also looks nice when you have a bunch of unequipped skills on a unit, but needless to say if you already leveled her up, and don't need to farm SP on those Special Maps, then you don't need it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I didn't really consider Life and Death that much because it ruins a portion of Lucina's strengths as a different unit than regular Lucina (namely her Def) for just 1 more Atk/Spd than Swift Sparrow. However, looking back Def probably doesn't matter that much for that specific build so I'll add it, and I may add Brazen Atk/Spd as well.

The brave heroes default kits were made only in such a way that it helps them with what they're good at so Sturdy Blow's Atk/Def boosts helps Lucina out a lot in some occassions for farming. It also looks nice when you have a bunch of unequipped skills on a unit, but needless to say if you already leveled her up, and don't need to farm SP on those Special Maps, then you don't need it.

On L&D, yeah, at this point, my thinking is it's purely a poor man's SS2, save for firesweep weapons. It's just a lot easier to get, even if you may have to spend 20,000 feathers, than SS2. Brazen could be pretty good with Ardent Sacrifice since I think that should get her below the threshold even with +HP.

Thanks for the input on sturdy blow. I only recently pulled her, but she hasn't been a huge pain to level so far, so I think I'll just leave it as a lower priority and maybe go for fury if I happen to pull a 4* Hinata. That recent pull is actually what got me thinking of L&D since she's -atk/+res and I was trying to figure out if it was worth trying to salvage her offense or just to bite the bullet and make her pure support. I know -3 atk isn't the end of the world, but no sense forcing her into a role she'd just get outdone by other units in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

On L&D, yeah, at this point, my thinking is it's purely a poor man's SS2, save for firesweep weapons. It's just a lot easier to get, even if you may have to spend 20,000 feathers, than SS2. Brazen could be pretty good with Ardent Sacrifice since I think that should get her below the threshold even with +HP.

Thanks for the input on sturdy blow. I only recently pulled her, but she hasn't been a huge pain to level so far, so I think I'll just leave it as a lower priority and maybe go for fury if I happen to pull a 4* Hinata. That recent pull is actually what got me thinking of L&D since she's -atk/+res and I was trying to figure out if it was worth trying to salvage her offense or just to bite the bullet and make her pure support. I know -3 atk isn't the end of the world, but no sense forcing her into a role she'd just get outdone by other units in.

Ardent Sacrifice isn't enough actually, and also it's very risky during the Arena where Repositioning skills are in constant use and need. 30% of 38,  41, and 46 is always more than 10 as well.

I think you got one of the worst banes imaginable, but it's not a big deal if you're doing ultimate support Lucina. Also this is off the books, but you could try Warding Breath + QR 3 + Berkut's Lance+ + Close Defense 3 seal as a joke, a trap, and also perhaps to counter some Red Dragons. Don't do any of that.

You could also fodder her for Aether on units who need it without wasting feathers, if you feel you have no need for her, but you seem to cherish the 5 stars you pull, which is completely fine as well. I personally would keep her for her Support Role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

Ardent Sacrifice isn't enough actually, and also it's very risky during the Arena where Repositioning skills are in constant use and need. 30% of 38,  41, and 46 is always more than 10 as well.

I think you got one of the worst banes imaginable, but it's not a big deal if you're doing ultimate support Lucina. Also this is off the books, but you could try Warding Breath + QR 3 + Berkut's Lance+ + Close Defense 3 seal as a joke, a trap, and also perhaps to counter some Red Dragons. Don't do any of that.

You could also fodder her for Aether on units who need it without wasting feathers, if you feel you have no need for her, but you seem to cherish the 5 stars you pull, which is completely fine as well. I personally would keep her for her Support Role.

I was thinking brazens were 80%, so yeah, never mind that.

I've foddered 5*s that I already had and wanted a skill (V!Ike, Nowi appreciates your sacrifice), but yeah, I like to have at least one of every unit I've pulled at all times, regardless of rarity. It's just that 5*s are so much less likely to get, though at this point 4*s aren't exactly guaranteed either :\. Plus with my IV luck, it'd be -spd/+res, which it not being that and that I got her at all is what solace I've had :P

Personally, I don't find aether all that useful for the most part, so I'll just make do with either the support build or tweaking her a little to get a less effective offensive build. I understand why people like it, but for arena scoring purposes, I'm fine with bouncing between 18 and 19, and as a standalone skill I've only ever found much use for it on my normal Lucina when she's got the heavy blade seal or on the breath Ikes. Otherwise, it takes way too long to charge, and I don't have the fodder to work that to a reasonable number of actions. I'll leave it on people who have it, but I don't know that I'd ever go out of my way to give it to someone, save ending up with 7+ more normal Lucinas.

21 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Also this is off the books, but you could try Warding Breath + QR 3 + Berkut's Lance+ + Close Defense 3 seal as a joke, a trap, and also perhaps to counter some Red Dragons. Don't do any of that.

Trust me. I considered that build for her, Shiro, and even Ryoma (all +res) yes even Berkut's Lance just to be obnoxious. Good idea? No. Would it annoy someone? Absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...