Favourite Hero Title/Epithet

mcsilas

So you know how every Hero has a title underneath their name? Which ones are your favourites?

Here's a page to view all of them: 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Hero_List

My absolute favourite ones are the seasonal ones. Mostly-

Valentine Hector "Just Here to Fight"

Takumi "Prince of Soup"

Other good ones-

Minerva "Red Dragoon"

Eldigan "Lionheart"

Seliph "Heir of Light"

Brave Roy "Brave Lion" (I really like this combination of words)

Marisa "Crimson Flash"

Shigure "Dark Sky Singer" (Well, even if he's not a flying unit it sounds like a great title)

Arvis "Emperor of Flame"

Olivia "Festival Dancer"

Laevatein "Searing Steel" (Probably my fave title for the villains. Love some good alliteration)

Laegjarn "Sheathed Steel" (Moreso as an interesting parallel to her sister)

Azura "Lady of Ballads"

Sothe "Zephyr"

Joshua "Tempest King" (Mostly because of how fitting it was during the TT when he was a reward)

"Normal Girl" Winter Tharja.  I don't even like Tharja, but damn that's hilarious.  "Just Here To Fight" Valentines' Hector is a favourite of mine as well.

Looking back though, a lot of these are really good.  A couple more of my favourites include:

-"Rose of the War" Amelia

-"Strong and Tough" Arden

-"Astra's Wielder" Ayra

-"The Hatchet" Barst

-"Taly's Heart" Caeda

-Wyvern Friend" Cherche

-"Gifted Leader" Winter Chrom

-"Sniper in the Dark" Clarisse

-"Lady of the Forest" Deirdre

-"Army of One" Effie

-"Maid Mayhem" Felicia

-"Tempest King" Joshua

-"Thunder's Fist" Reinhardt

-"High Deliverer" Robin (M)

-"The Liberator" Zephiel

Edited by Refa

I was gonna say I’m not a fan of most of them but looking back at it, that’s a lie. I like quite a few of them.

Legion “Masked Maniac”

Lyn “Wind’s Embrace”

Felicia “Maid Mayhem”

Tharja “Normal Girl”

Faye “Devoted Heart”

Eliwood “Devoted Love”

Leon “True of Heart”

Seliph “Heir of Light”

Amelia “Rose of the War”

Takumi “Prince of Soup”

Also some of the Spanish ones are different so I’m gonna list those separately since I like them better than their English counterparts:

Jagen “The Veteran”

Odin “Afflicted Blood”

Niles “Friendly Sadist”

Maria “The Little Princess”

Oliver “Beauty Guardian”

Subaki “Mr. Perfect”

Shanna “Winged Happiness”

Laslow “King of the Dance”

LA!Roy “Thoughtful Youth”

Bruno “The Masked One”

My favorite one is definitely Niles’s. It’s by far the most amusing one for me.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Hector’s Just Here to Fight is hands down the best one. It’s just so perfectly blunt.

Other good ones are:

Shigure-Dark Sky Singer

Arvis-Emperor of Flame

Tobin-The Clueless One

Chrom-Gifted Leader

Gaius-Thief Exposed

NY Takumi's Prince of Soup made me chuckle a lot, so that one's my fav. XD

Amelia's Rose of the War sounds really nice too though, and rolls off the tongue great.

And I may be a bit biased here, but also a shoutout to Frederick's Polite Knight. While not my fav, I like that it gives a nod to his good points rather than his bad ones like Awakening's Cold Lieutenant. He is rather cold to strangers (and probably sometimes the recruits he trains as well lol), but he's also a polite gentleman. Not a jerk all the time. Or even most of the time, I'd say. I think more often he's actually...well, a polite knight!

Now if only Ike would've gotten Radiant Hero for one of his versions... Dunno why he didn't, honestly.

Imprisoned Soul Celica - It fits and it tugs the heartstrings.

Maid Mayhem Felicia - The idea of Felicia causing sheer mayhem with her two left feet and hands of thumbs makes me giggle.

Masked Maniac Legion - Uweehehehe

Thunder's Fist Reinhardt - "Thunder's Fist" is just badass, man.

Brave Lion Roy - Invokes a feeling of ferocity and power in Roy, who I like a fair amount.

The Liberator Zephiel - I like the idea of this absolute lunatic calling himself a liberator, as if he's freeing Elibe of humanity's scourge.

In no way exhaustive:

Reinhardt: 雷神の右手, "Right hand of the thunder god (Tordo / Ishtar / Thorhammer)".

Robin (M): 聖王の軍師, "The Exalt's tactician".

Winter Tharja: 「普通の女の子」, ""Normal girl"". The only title with quotation marks in it.

Oboro: 魔王顔の, "With the demon king's countenance".

Kagero: 古風な忍, "Old-style ninja".

Clive: 理想のために, "For ideals".

Summer Corrin: はじめての夏休み, "First summer vacation".

Summer Tiki: 三千回目の夏休み, "3000th summer vacation".

Summer Frederick: 海岸線の守護者, "Guardian of the coastline".

Summer Gaius: お菓子を隠せない, "Can't hide the candy".

New Year Takumi: お雑煮大好き, "Loves o-zōni". Better than soup.

Soleil: 女の子好き, "Likes girls".

Arden: 固い、強い、遅い, "Tough, strong, slow".

Tobin: 空気が読めない, "Can't read the mood".

Maria: ミネルバの妹, "Minerva's little sister".

Donnel: 村人, "Villager".

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Now if only Ike would've gotten Radiant Hero for one of his versions... Dunno why he didn't, honestly.

Clearly they're saving it for Priam XD

I like to pretend it was because they were hoping nobody would notice they're handing him even more titles, considering he's now 'The People's Hero' in addition to the Radiant Hero, the Strongest Hero, etc. For a guy who straight up tossed his nobility aside once the fighting was over, he sure has a lot of titles.

On-Topic, there are several good ones, which makes it kind of tricky to pick. I think for now I'd say 'Voice of Dreams' is a killer title to have, though Jeorge's 'Perfect Shot' is cool too, and it's hard to best Jaffar, then of course it wouldn't be me posting without mentioning either Roy or Cordelia, in this case Cordelia's 'Knight Paragon'(and can we just say Xander and Cordelia having literally the same title swapped around was cheating?).

20 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Clearly they're saving it for Priam XD

I like to pretend it was because they were hoping nobody would notice they're handing him even more titles, considering he's now 'The People's Hero' in addition to the Radiant Hero, the Strongest Hero, etc. For a guy who straight up tossed his nobility aside once the fighting was over, he sure has a lot of titles.

lol yeah. And even more funny and ironic is that he also seems to get more different outfits than anybody else in the series overall and he definitely doesn't care about clothes. XD

His wardrobe includes:

PoR Ranger
PoR Lord
RD Hero
RD Vanguard
Heroes CYL Ike
Awakening DLC (I'd like to forget that art existed though, even if the outfit itself is nice enough)

And he hasn't even gotten a seasonal in Heroes yet and I'm certain he will eventually! :P

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Summer Corrin: はじめての夏休み, "First summer vacation".

Summer Tiki: 三千回目の夏休み, "3000th summer vacation".

Huh. That's amusing between the two summer dragons.

Yeah I'm liking Felicia's "Maid Mayhem" more and more now. I just really like alliteration and it fits her to a T.

Gunnthra's "Voice of Dreams" and Ninian's "Oracle of Destiny" also sounds so classy now that I think about it.

11 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

"Clueless One" Tobin.  Poor Tobin, not even the character titles will give him a break.

And also "Potent Force" Odin simply because of how ironic it feels considering his statline.

Yeah those two are probably the most hilarious in my opinion.

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Marisa "Crimson Flash"

Laevatein "Searing Steel" (Probably my fave title for the villains. Love some good alliteration)

Those two sound pretty cool, but my favorite is:

8 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Thunder's Fist Reinhardt - "Thunder's Fist" is just badass, man.

Not only does it sound badass and cool, it also has a hint of naughtiness in it.

A bit off topic, but since we are talking about flavor texts, Niles description is probably my favorite since it sounds so dirty:

"Nohrian scoundrel who wags his saucy tongue at everyone. One of Leo's retainers."

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

lol yeah. And even more funny and ironic is that he also seems to get more different outfits than anybody else in the series overall and he definitely doesn't care about clothes. XD

His wardrobe includes:

PoR Ranger
PoR Lord
RD Hero
RD Vanguard
Heroes CYL Ike
Awakening DLC (I'd like to forget that art existed though, even if the outfit itself is nice enough)

And he hasn't even gotten a seasonal in Heroes yet and I'm certain he will eventually! :P

Hey, I happen to like the Awakening DLC one! Eh, you do you, I suppose. The real question is which outfit they'll choose to complete Ike Emblem, since we're just one short now. We have what, Ranger and Vanguard in addition to CYL Greil Ike, right? I haven't played Tellius yet(can't seem to get away from downloading issues with emulators) so I only really know the Heroes arts and his two arts featured in Awakening.

I wonder, though…do you think Priam will get a Ragnell variant when he does finally come, or just base Ragnell? I mean, when you think about it, Ragnell is cracked and beat up by the time it gets to him. Think they'll show that in Heroes or just give him the same Ragnell as base Ike?

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hey, I happen to like the Awakening DLC one! Eh, you do you, I suppose. The real question is which outfit they'll choose to complete Ike Emblem, since we're just one short now. We have what, Ranger and Vanguard in addition to CYL Greil Ike, right? I haven't played Tellius yet(can't seem to get away from downloading issues with emulators) so I only really know the Heroes arts and his two arts featured in Awakening.

I wonder, though…do you think Priam will get a Ragnell variant when he does finally come, or just base Ragnell? I mean, when you think about it, Ragnell is cracked and beat up by the time it gets to him. Think they'll show that in Heroes or just give him the same Ragnell as base Ike?

Oh, the outfit isn't the problem in that Awakening art, it's the way it was drawn. He isn't jokingly called RoboIke for nothing. His sword arm looks like it's literally that. A sword in place of his hand.... And the are style is just bleh imo.

And yeah, that's right.

Probably a Ragnell variant since his Ragnell is without the blessing that it once had.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, the outfit isn't the problem in that Awakening art, it's the way it was drawn. He isn't jokingly called RoboIke for nothing. His sword arm looks like it's literally that. A sword in place of his hand.... And the are style is just bleh imo.

And yeah, that's right.

Probably a Ragnell variant since his Ragnell is without the blessing that it once had.

Oh, haha, I never saw it like that...before…ugh, that's…WHY?!

Huh. Wonder what they'd have it do. In the meantime, how many Camillas and more importantly Ikes do you think they'll come out with before finally getting to Priam?

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Oh, haha, I never saw it like that...before…ugh, that's…WHY?!

Huh. Wonder what they'd have it do. In the meantime, how many Camillas and more importantly Ikes do you think they'll come out with before finally getting to Priam?

Yeah, I dunno...

Yeah, that's a good question. And I don't know. xP