If other games had epilogue titles like FE...

Dragoncat

...What would they be? Think stuff along the lines of the nicknames used in FE epilogues and the hero titles in Heroes. I've been coming up with some for Xenoblade 1, planning on working with Zelda games, mainly Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, eventually. Feel free to add your own for whatever game you like and discuss.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Shulk: Heir to the Monado

Reyn: Reyn the Wild

Fiora: Flower of Hope

Sharla: Sharpshooting Medic

Dunban: Hero of Sword Valley

Melia: Alcamoth's Light

Riki: Heropon Riki

Vangarre: Squarestache

Dickson: Elder Beast

Otharon: Boss Dog

Juju: Ambitious Youth

Gadolt: Sharpshooter

Sorean: Soaring Emperor

Kallian: Humble Prince

Alvis: Mystery Seer

May add more later.

Edited by Dragoncat

Odin's Sphere

Gwendolyn- Fearsome Swan

Cornelius- Lovestruck Prince

Mercedes- Blossoming Leader

Oswald- Dark Knight

Velvet- Bewitching Beauty

Ingway- Multifaceted Magician 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

• Rex: Driver of the Aegis
  • Pyra: Pure Flames
  • Mythra: Pure Light
  • Nia: Sassy Gormotti
  • Dromarch: Noble Tiger
  • Tora: Young Engineer
  • Poppi: Alpha by Nature
  • Morag: Special Inquisitor
  • Brighid: Flames of Mor Ardain
  • Zeke: Bringer of Chaos 
  • Pandoria: Tantal's Thunder

Xenogears

• Fei:
  • Spoiler

The Contact

• Citan: Knowledgeable Doctor

• Bart: Royal Pirate

• Rico: Proud Demihuman

• Elly: 

• Spoiler

The Anti-type

Billy: Gun-wielding Priest

• Maria: Shevat's Hope

• Chu-Chu: Pink Furball

• Spoiler

Emeralda: Nanomachine Power

Edited by Armagon

Just thought I'd add some explanations for mine, feel free to do the same.

Heir to the Monado, Heropon Riki, Squarestache: These are CANON, folks.

Reyn the Wild: Inspired by how some real world military leaders/kings are given titles in the form of (name) the (adjective), like Richard the Lionheart or Alexander the Great. Reyn eventually takes over as Colony 9's colonel after Vangarre dies in my headcanon, plus it just fits him otherwise. WILD DOWN!

Flower of Hope: She was the reason for the adventure, and a source of hope. Can't say much else without potential spoilers.

Soaring Emperor: I love this one! I love how it plays on his name and his personality/role.

Ambitious Youth: He has a lot of ambition, both when he's being a rebel and getting himself nearly killed, and during the reconstruction effort.

Elder Beast: He's an old fart who still manages to be a "beast" or badass.

Boss Dog: I thought of something to do with mining, but couldn't come up with anything that looked good so yeah. Probably the weakest one I came up with but it works.

Everything else should be self explanatory.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, Dragoncat said:

I have never heard of this game.

Definitely recommend. It's made by Vanillaware, and they make a bunch of great games.

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Definitely recommend. It's made by Vanillaware, and they make a bunch of great games.

For what console?

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

For what console?

The remake, Odin's Sphere: Leifthrasir is on the PS4, but you may be able to find it on other earlier Sony Systems. It's very much inspired by Norse Mythology.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:10 PM, Dragoncat said:

I have never heard of this game.

Odin Sphere is a 2D action/beat em' up game. It is available on PS2 for the original version and PS3 and PS4 in Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir edition. Only buy Leifthrasir, I cannot stress this enough. Besides being in HD with better audio, the game got a massive gameplay overhaul, which is good when the original apparently had major issues in this regard. The game still has the original gameplay available in Leifthrasir in a Classic Mode anyhow if you're interested, but the new Refined Mode is so much better.

The game follows 5 different playable characters, each with a storybook of 7 Chapters. You unfortunately do not get to choose the order in which you complete the storybooks, but this aside, the game is very good. Each character plays differently from the rest, each is fun in their own way, and you can change the difficulty at any time. The graphics are hand drawn and the music is good enough. The plot, which has some fairytales inspiration and is also based on Norse mythology. Each character's tale is interesting in some way, and they all take place at the same time roughly (an event viewer can later show you the exact chronology of events). And then you have a 6th book which wraps up the plot quite nicely.

I bought it on sale digitally, I loved every bit of it. 

The game can be repetitive however, you visit the same locations with every character, though the level layouts with those areas differs for each. As in Gwendolyn's version of the Ancient Battlefield is not the same as Oswald's, but you do end up fighting the same bosses and minibosses and grunts over and over again. Presumably this is done because hand drawn enemies are not easy to make a lot of.

This can be repetitive and is a serious issue of the game. My recommendation is to complete a storybook and then take a week's break before you tackle the next to forget the enemies a little so it won't seem so bad. The 6th storybook should be tackled right after the 5th though- but do go back and load each character up with a few good Healing Potions, get them a few levels, make sure they have full PP, and other things before you begin the 6th storybook.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:56 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Gwendolyn- Fearsome Swan

Cornelius- Lovestruck Prince

Mercedes- Blossoming Leader

Oswald- Dark Knight

Velvet- Bewitching Beauty

Ingway- Multifaceted Magician 

Odin Sphere spoilers:

Spoiler

Blossoming Leader for Mercedes? Given Armageddon, that sounds like a treemendously wonderful idea.

As for Gwendolyn- Valkyrie works given its her storybook title. Odin's Witch is a name given to her ingame.

Oswald- the Shadow Knight is his title they speak of, but Dark Knight or Black Sword is the title his storybook gets.

Cornelius could be the Pooka Prince, since that is his storybook title and he renounces his right to Titania at the end of his book.

We could also use Demon Lord Odin. And Netherworld Lord Gallon would be cool. Sorry Grima, but I think the rotting three headed canine monster with visible brain matter poking out looks better than you. Armageddon King Valentine would be nice as well. And of course Inferno King Onyx and Netherworld Queen Odette. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odin Sphere spoilers:

Hide contents

Blossoming Leader for Mercedes? Given Armageddon, that sounds like a treemendously wonderful idea.

As for Gwendolyn- Valkyrie works given its her storybook title. Odin's Witch is a name given to her ingame.

Oswald- the Shadow Knight is his title they speak of, but Dark Knight or Black Sword is the title his storybook gets.

Cornelius could be the Pooka Prince, since that is his storybook title and he renounces his right to Titania at the end of his book.

We could also use Demon Lord Odin. And Netherworld Lord Gallon would be cool. Sorry Grima, but I think the rotting three headed canine monster with visible brain matter poking out looks better than you. Armageddon King Valentine would be nice as well. And of course Inferno King Onyx and Netherworld Queen Odette. 

I tried to make some of my own without using the games' given titles.

I based Gwendolyn's on her personality and feather motif. Although...

Spoiler

"Sleeping Beauty" would also be a good one for her.