Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I love that Ephraim's C Skill is Fortify Defense. That's so filler, lol. 

And that's about the only thing I like about him. Lords don't need more alts. They're already getting the bulk of attention on seasonal banners. Especially now that seasonals have broken the Fates/Awakening curse, I'm not worried that Marth, Ephraim, and etcetera are going to be excluded from cool costumes and skills, so actual legends from the series ought to be the legendary heroes. 

As for the rest of the banner, I've got a lot of these guys in my collection already. The only seasonal I'm missing here is Summer Gaius, but I've already got Olivia and Jaffar so greys are a poor color for me. Summer Elise not appearing is a grand mercy since I don't have the orbs to try for her right now. Between sniping for Summer Gaius and snipingfor VA!Roy after dumping almost 300 orbs, saving orbs is looking pretty enticing right about now.

At least with Awakening/Fates banners (moreso the Awakening part) non main characters got alts.

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

For the record, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a Marth fan. I like him enough, he just isn't among my absolute favorite lords. It's just that, despite Marth not being a favorite of mine, even I'm finding myself fed up with how Heroes is treating him.

I find myself doing the same, I mean I'm just baffled at this point.

56 minutes ago, Lau said:

@Zangetsu Please don't generalize. I'm a massive fan of Marth, but I don't like Ephraim because of how he comes across as a character. He isn't the type of Lord that I like.

It's great and all that Marth has a lot of supporters, it makes a damn change, but if we're getting a bad reputation...*sighs*

No, that's a mistake on my part. Sorry for that, I'm trying to find out why people are complaining about Ephraim getting alt & so far it's been something along the lines of being a controversial character.

51 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Well as someone who loves both characters my opinions haven't change but it's getting annoying at this point. The OG lord has been in like one banner since launch and his wife got an alt before him. Doesn't help that all of the other Falchion lords outclass him and/or have been receiving a lot of attention. It would be one thing if he wasn't popular yet he was 6th(combine his votes and he would have been 4th) in CYL and 3rd(could have been in 2nd) in CYL2.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure if there's ever a Groom banner Marth will be there given his Warriors DLC outfit. At least I would assume anyways.

45 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

At least with Awakening/Fates banners (moreso the Awakening part) non main characters got alts.

Lilina is not a main character either. And you're missing the point, I'm saying I want the thought process of Legendary Heroes to be different from Seasonals where already popular or important characters just get another costume.

Welp, I'm tired of alts. Eirika and Lyn raised an eyebrow, fallen heroes were okay and all. Ephraim is just forcing mercury down my throat. But that's just my opinion. But to be honest, there aren't that many fire affinity characters who could fit the role of legendary hero aside from Ephraim, Roy and Fado. But most importantly, why didn't they make Danved a legendary hero. He has a fire affinity

Edited by silveraura25

Ephraim did some pretty reckless but amazing things like... you know... casually taking an entire capital. He's pretty legendary. Still while he's one of my favorite characters, I'm a bit disappointed that the Legendary Fire hero isn't colorless. This is why Fjorm is off this month huh? Well... the banner has me conflicted since I've been trying for Hector and Lyn and still don't have them...

Red: Can safely pass on this one. L!Ike is free, my Mia is -ATK but I'm content with that at this point and don't really care anymore and I really have 0 interest in S!Leo. If I get a batch with a bunch of reds it's gonna be a one and done for me. 

Blue: Would pull. Ephraim is Ephraim, my S!Corrin could use a better nature than +DEF/-ATK (Though she's a Blade+ mage now and I've gotten used to that 25 DEF, it's saved her in more than a few situations) and Shiro was the only unit I wanted from those heroes so getting any of them would probably be a win.

Green: The most tempting color. My B!Ike is +HP/-ATK so getting a new one would mean swapping out and having Steady Breath fodder. I spent over 100 orbs for Dorcas and didn't get him and I still don't have Gunnthra. 

Colorless: PA!Olivia is the single unit I wanted the most from the Performance Arts banner... but there's a lot of risk of being pity broken by Jaffar and Gaius. Jaffar was a unit I really wanted earlier in the game, but... since building Matthew... and now with Sothe being pullable at *4 (...and better) I don't really care as much as I did. Then there's S!Gaius who I literally care nothing about. I thanked God that he didn't pity break me while gunning for S!Frederick in the original Summer banner.

All in all, it's worth pulling for. I may drop some orbs. I don't know how it's about to go with this banner and the LA banner.

1. Ephraim's skills are neat. Solar Brace is cool, I think Aether would be nuts and Sturdy Stance is the next level of powercreep. When Wind Stance? Also, who thought that second effect on Seigmund wasn't stupidly OP?

2. Of course he has the def blessing. IS making sure to hold them horses.

3. The colours are tiered again. Blue is a must pull this time around (Eph might be neat, but I have been waiting for Summer!Corrin), Green still has Gunnthra and Dorcas and B!Ike are in this time, Red does have D!Ike and Mia even if Leo is meh. The only interesting one to me in colourless is Olivia. Poor SummElise, hopefully next time.

I'll be sniping blue and green.

My main goal is to get a Summer Corrin that isn't -Atk or -Spd!  

I find Ephraim kinda meh as a character, but I have to admit he's quite pretty and I want him anyway.  :unsure:  So there's another reason to pull blue.  

As for green, I mainly want more Brave Ikes for merging.  He's currently at +4.  I wouldn't mind getting more Guunthras, and while I'm not crazy about Dorcas, I don't have him yet.

My 222 orbs are ready!  I also have a bunch I haven't claimed yet from the special maps & new story maps.  

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, side characters only got alts after they exhausted the popular characters (Lucina, Camilla, Chrom, Robin, Xander).

Also who's popular a year ago to who's popular now changed a bit. Jakob and Gaius used to be popular, not so much anymore. Credit where it's due, Frederick and Lissa were never that popular but got some pretty nice alts. 

I know a lot of people are fed up with alt. versions, but in retrospect, Heroes is being quite tame about alt. versions. Compare to the Fate series where one character’s alt. versions have alt. versions themselves and that’s not counting the look-alikes.

Edited by Water Mage

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I know a lot of people are fed up with alt. versions, but in retrospect, Heroes is being quite tame about alt. versions. Compare to the Fate series where one character’s alt. versions have alt. versions themselves and that’s not counting the look-alikes.

Oh yeah. Saberface

Vanguard Ike - don't have him, and though we'll be getting one for free, extra EB + potential WB fodder is nice
Mia - don't have her
Summer Leo - don't have him

Legendary Ephraim - obviously my target
Summer Corrin - don't have her, also really need mage flier
Shiro - don't have him

Gunnthra - got one, but mediocre IV
Dorcas - don't have him
Brave Ike - got one, but bad IV plus SB fodder

Jaffar - got one, and all my heroes that need LAD3 have it already
Performing Olivia - got one
Summer Gaius - got one

I'm rather happy with this lineup since I can pull for all colors except white, which I don't need at all. Can't really go wrong with red or blue, and worst I can get out of green are duplicate Bike and Gunnthra which, best case will be an improvement IV-wise, worst case will make good fodder / net me a Wind blessing.

All-in-all, this is probably the first legendary banner I'm not gonna regret rolling for (sitting at a decent 140 orbs atm), although I probably shouldn't celebrate just yet with how easy it is to just get swarmed with multiple copies of one hero...

34 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. Saberface

Yup. That’s why alt. versions in Heroes barely faze me. They’re nothing compared to Saberface. And thinking about it Emyia and Gilgamesh aren’t exactly innocent of this either.

Edited by Water Mage

I've accepted that we're not going to get any more male ocs (especially since someone said Gunnthra only mentions having sisters) so seeing Ephraim is nice, since he's one of my favourite lords.

I will say, Eirika annoys me even more now, because it feels she should have been a legendary, too, instead of taking up space that could have gone to a new SS character. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get both a legendary and a seasonal soon.

Hoping for the Marth fans (I am one but not a huge one) that he is close to getting an alt of some kind - seasonal, legendary, whatever.

For this banner, my only interest is in the blues. I already have a Shiro who is neutral, so I'm hoping he doesn't come along, but I wouldn't mind being pity broken by Summer Corrin, who didn't come to me when I tried for her last time. However, Ephraim will be my main focus.

I already have everyone else on this banner (counting the coming free Ike), except Mia and Gunnthra, who don't inspire me to pull just for them.

Edited by Cute Chao

So despite his skill loadout, I'm not convinced this Ephraim has what it takes to dethrone Camus as my designated enemy phase horse. Starting to think that an assassin role might be better for him, almost how you'd use a Reinhardt, or maybe Brave Roy. Run up to the enemy line, kill one via guaranteed double, then retreat via Hit and Run or possibly even Galeforce (with the Heavy Blade seal).

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I've accepted that we're not going to get any more male ocs (especially since someone said Gunnthra only mentions having sisters) so seeing Ephraim is nice, since he's one of my favourite lords.

Actually, the English VA mentioned sisters. Japanese VA talks about siblings.

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Actually, the English VA mentioned sisters. Japanese VA talks about siblings (neutral in this case)

Eh, NoA would still know what characters to expect in the future, so she likely only has sisters anyway.

As for Ephraim, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I only skimmed through pages 2 and 3), but note that his A Skill is Sturdy Stance 2, meaning Sturdy Breath is still a possibility down the line. Interesting stuff!

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Eh, NoA would still know what characters to expect in the future, so she likely only has sisters anyway.

As for Ephraim, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I only skimmed through pages 2 and 3), but note that his A Skill is Sturdy Stance 2, meaning Sturdy Breath is still a possibility down the line. Interesting stuff!

That's a dual-stat skill, so it's probably like Swift Sparrow etc. in that the skill tree is Steady/Fierce Stance > Sturdy Stance > Sturdy Stance 2. Though that doesn't necessarily mean a future unit couldn't have Sturdy Breath.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Actually, the English VA mentioned sisters. Japanese VA talks about siblings.

Yup, I'd be surprised if it now turns out otherwise. It's a shame. I was interested to see a Nifl guy, since I like the two so far.

Would also love to see a bad guy - but young and pretty... not Surtr lol Again, I love their designs, too. The only two designs I really disliked were Surtr (just felt like generic hulking man to me) and Loki (Camilla but worse).

Depending of Ephraim's Atk and Def, skills like Draconic Aura, Bonfire and Glimmer can work very well with the Solar Brace.
He will probably have a low-medium speed. Normal Ephraim have 25 spd (29 if he is +spd), so his legendary version will probably have similar speed. The main factor for Ephraim to get follow-up attacks is from his weapon, Flame Siegmund, but then you cannot have access to ally support bonus or drive skills bonus (unless there are more enemies near each other than allies near him).
He will be a great unit for Grand Hero Battle and maps woth reinforcements, that's for sure. We only need to change his c-skill for a Cavalry buff, or maybe a smoke skill, drive skill or Tactic skill if you are planning to use him in a mix team.

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Lilina is not a main character either. And you're missing the point, I'm saying I want the thought process of Legendary Heroes to be different from Seasonals where already popular or important characters just get another costume.

I'd consider her at least important. And, really, for legendary heroes, after Ike it should have been clear what they were going to be.

3 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

To be fair, side characters only got alts after they exhausted the popular characters (Lucina, Camilla, Chrom, Robin, Xander).

Also who's popular a year ago to who's popular now changed a bit. Jakob and Gaius used to be popular, not so much anymore. Credit where it's due, Frederick and Lissa were never that popular but got some pretty nice alts. 

Cordelia actually got in before either Robin. As did Charlotte before any Corrin. And I said main, not popular. Besides, who knows where characters stand now. CYL2 is probably not very accurate, but Gaius probably has taken a bit of a hit. They actually showed decent restraint by not spamming Tharja and Lucina. Camilla and Lyn not so much. Chrom is the main lord of Awakening, but Xander I'm not sure why he got two.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'd consider her at least important. And, really, for legendary heroes, after Ike it should have been clear what they were going to be.

Cordelia actually got in before either Robin. As did Charlotte before any Corrin. And I said main, not popular. Besides, who knows where characters stand now. CYL2 is probably not very accurate, but Gaius probably has taken a bit of a hit. They actually showed decent restraint by not spamming Tharja and Lucina. Camilla and Lyn not so much. Chrom is the main lord of Awakening, but Xander I'm not sure why he got two.

Idk why they tried really hard to make it feels as if Xander is popular when he really isnt that big of a deal. Although im not sure if he did much better last poll

*title is Legendary Lord*
*not Marth*
Great job, IS.

Anyway, Red is pretty bad this time around. While Mia and Ike aren't bad, Summer Leo is really awful. One of these are given out for free anyway, so yeah. Avoid it unless you like these characters. RD Ike is going to stay in the rotation for a while anyway (next one should have Halloween Nowi).

The others are good though, especially Green.
Blue gives you really good units but lackluster SI. S!Corrin is one of the few Mage fliers and Ephraim is a Legendary Hero. Shiro is probably the least exciting out of the three but still decent.
Green, hoo boy. Not only can you get 3 excellent units for Arena but Infantry Pulse and Steady Breath fodder on top of that is plain silly.
Colorless doesn't have particularly good units except Olivia but Gaius is a rare source of Def Ploy and Jaffar at least gives you Life and Death. Even Olivia is Distant Defense fodder. Not too exciting compared to Green, but still workable and the prospect of the only Colorless dancer is definetly appealing.

Okay, I'm starting to get tired of all the complaining/whining about Marth. And I even agree that he's been shafted and should get something. But people, you're beating a dead horse at this point. Also, Marth does not fit the fire hero bill to me. I'd make him water or wind. So imo, he should be next.

Though I guess now I know how some others felt with some of my complaining in the past... I'm sorry about that.