Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

*fangirl scream*

AAAAH!

FIRST IKE, NOW EPHRAIM!! BOTH MY FAVORITE LORDS ARE LEGENDARY HEROES! :D EEEE!!!

giphy.gif

My Freddy is SO getting that fire blessing now! :D

Also, lol at IS for taking my skill idea of Sturdy Stance. I came up with it for an alt Freddy idea awhile back and it works exactly how IS made it here. :P

I know it's a "Wondeful!" day indeed.

*crosses fingers to get him*

Order of preference this time: Blue>Green>Red>Colorless.

Blue I don't have any of the three and I'd like to have Ephraim, so that's high priority for me. Green I'd only need B!Ike for fodder as I have two Guunthra's and don't care enough about Dorcas, Red V!Ike's already on the way and I don't really care about the other two, and Colorless I don't care about any of the three.  

With that said, I probably will stick to just the free summon and leave it at that as I want to pull from the other banners first. 

Edited by Medeus

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I know it's a "Wondeful!" day indeed.

*crosses fingers to get him*

I'm crossing mine too! And I have about 150 orbs to use!

Also, I'm prepared for my Freddy to become completely broken once I do give him a fire blessing and get that Ephraim and S support the two. XD This Ephraim is on a horse and boosts Def! With horse buffs they can also give each other, this will be nuts!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm fairly happy with this banner, but it's a damn shame Horse Eirika isn't being rerun alongside Horse Ephraim. Still, I'm not too fussed about there being another version of him and will try to get him. It's good for me too that there are now horses in both Wind and Fire seasons so I can split mine up pretty neatly between them instead of piling them all into one season. (Not that I have Gunnthra yet)

Red: Leo's presence is unfortunate but it was inevitable so there's not much to be done about it, might as well take our medicine now. I think I'll open some reds to start, but will stop if I either get one Leo, or if the pity percentage starts climbing.

Blue: I have a neutral Corrin and no Shiro so I'll open these too, would be happy to get any of the three heroes here. I'd be happy to take extra Corrins, but I wouldn't want a duplicate Shiro so if he turns up I might change course.

Green: The only one I have here is a -Atk Dorcas so green will be my best colour here.

Grey: Meh. I have an Olivia with mediocre natures but it's no big deal on a dancer. I got a perfect Jaffar just this month. Gaius I don't have but is completely uninteresting to me, I've never liked him in any guise. Incidentally I did kill him the first time I met him in Awakening because I was a brand new player back then and had no idea how recruitment worked - didn't think he'd suicide into me.

P.S. Mildly surprised he's here instead of Elise though, it means the two summer units still missing are both green (Tiki being the other). Considering that the other missing seasonal is Inigo, it means we won't be completing the current seasonal sets for at least another two months. I'm thinking Shigure, Tiki, Elise next month and then Inigo goes in with half of the Halloween units? If that's the case then I'd say this month would be the better Legendary banner.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

P.S. Mildly surprised he's here instead of Elise though, it means the two summer units still missing are both green (Tiki being the other). Considering that the other missing seasonal is Inigo, it means we won't be completing the current seasonal sets for at least another two months. I'm thinking Shigure, Tiki, Elise next month and then Inigo goes in with half of the Halloween units? If that's the case then I'd say this month would be the better Legendary banner.

If that means a Gunnthra, Halloween henry and Inigo for greens then that would be the perfect green pool for me. Would want all units in that case.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

If that means a Gunnthra, Halloween henry and Inigo for greens then that would be the perfect green pool for me. Would want all units in that case.

By then they'll probably have kicked Gunnthra out and replaced her with a new green Legendary Hero. :P

What's funny is they've now blown Flame Siegmund, Beloved Zofia and Armads 2.0 on the alts for this month. What are they gonna be stuck doing for the CYL alts' weapons now? They've now used what I would have thought were the most obvious picks for the CYL versions, so I wonder if they'll have to make shit up now or what. (I guess Golden Dagger works for Celica, and to make her the colorless of the CYL banner, but it still feels not as ideal as her sword)

*man how did I think of Zofia as Sophia, oops

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What's funny is they've now blown Flame Siegmund, Beloved Sophia and Armads 2.0 on the alts for this month. What are they gonna be stuck doing for the CYL alts' weapons now? They've now used what I would have thought were the most obvious picks for the CYL versions, so I wonder if they'll have to make shit up now or what. (I guess Golden Dagger works for Celica, and to make her the colorless of the CYL banner, but it still feels not as ideal as her sword)

Hector - Wolf Biel

Celica - Golden Dagger / Seraphim?

Ephraim - Reginleif

These seem most likely to me

Ok I expected an alt for Ephraim since Eirika got one, but why does he get to be a legendary hero?? Regardless I’ll save up 15 orbs for a full pull and hope for the best. I don’t have most of them and the ones I do have make great fodder anyway.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What's funny is they've now blown Flame Siegmund, Beloved Sophia and Armads 2.0 on the alts for this month. What are they gonna be stuck doing for the CYL alts' weapons now? They've now used what I would have thought were the most obvious picks for the CYL versions, so I wonder if they'll have to make shit up now or what. (I guess Golden Dagger works for Celica, and to make her the colorless of the CYL banner, but it still feels not as ideal as her sword)

I always thought they would get a different weapon altogether as opposed to an upgrade. The only Brave Hero to come with an upgrade of a previous weapon was Roy and it wasn’t even his.

Good thing I broke my pity on Fallen Heroes. I think I will whale on this one, unlike the last legendary banner. Not one loser in the bunch.

Red:
L!Ike: Best case, merging the free one we'll get soon into this one. Worst case, Hardin yoinks his Warding Breath.
Mia: Worth upgrading from / merging into neutral.
S!Leo: I already have a perfectly good magic tank in Micaiah. Huge resistance and Atk Ploy are I guess the reason to use him?

Blue:
L!Ephraim: Will whale for him.
S!Corrin: A flying mage is always good.
Shiro: He gave me trouble in Tempest Trials, might as well see how he handles when I use him.

Green:
Gunnthra: Could always use a merge or two. She's falling behind some of my other cavalry units.
B!Ike: Could always use a merge or two. Couldn't get him on Hero Fest.
Dorcas: Found out that multiple Infantry Pulse users stack. Might give me a reason to invest in infantry again.

Colorless:
PA!Olivia: Finally, a second distinct dancer! If I pull and train her in time, I might have a chance at Takumi Infernal.
Jaffar: Eh, he'll give me a reason to 5-star Lloyd and Ursula when I have better sword infantry and blue magic cavalry respectively - a theme team.
S!Gaius: Giving him a chance only because Pheonixmaster1 did that video with him taking on F!Robin Infernal.

Oh goodie, Ephraim. Yaaayyy.

I don't care that this was planned months in advance. I'm still floored he's getting a legendary on top of his CYL alt while Marth still has jack shit. Just wow.

As for the rest of the dudes on this banner, Jaffar and YS!Gaius are the only other ones I won't have going into this banner so I suppose this one's going to mostly be about getting merges and/or better natures (especially for NS!Leo and PA!Olivia).

This is surprising in more ways than one. I wasn't expecting Ephraim, and I definitely wasn't expecting him to be a lance like Fjorm. Skill-wise I feel like he might do better with Noontime over Sol so he can proc it in one round, but I'd have to see his stats to get an idea of how good he's going to be.

As for the banner as a whole, I'm not all that excited. I already have Mia, Dorcas, Guunthra, and Summer Gaius+1, and we're getting V!Ike for free. I don't care about Summer Leo, Shiro, or Jaffar at all. Summer Corrin and PA!Olivia would be very useful, but I'm not going to hunt for them. That just leaves Ephraim and B!Ike as the units I seriously want. I'll probably pull until I get one 5* and leave it at that unless I get extraordinarily lucky the first time round.

While Ephraim win in CYL was tad sketchy it's still thing, but I am completely confused why he ended as legendary hero. I mean Ike is strongest warrior ever. Marth is legendary hero king with his legacy going on like millennium. But what is so legendary about Ephraim... I mean aside of his sister complex.

...Wait! Don't tell me that's it?

Anyway Ephraim could probably run Heavy Blade set with Aether, couldn't he? Not that it matter to me I will go for green free pull and be done with it.

4 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Hector - Wolf Biel

Ephraim - Reginleif

They certainly seem possible, though I think 3 lance Ephraims and 3 axe Hectors feels like 1 too many for each of them. Assuming they want to balance the banner for a hero on each color, I'd think sword-wielding Hector could make sense for a red option there too. Since Celica seems the most likely chance at being colorless with her dagger available, she wouldn't be taking up red either.

27 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Or, each of the units could take after their siblings, instead, if they're going for a theme, like the last one with their fathers. What that entails for each, idk, aside from Celica gaining a lance and Ephraim, possibly a sword. The other two are wildcards, however

If legendary banners taught me anything, it;s to stay away from them, no matter how tempting they may be. That being said, I am rather short on blue units and these would work out nicely. (Shiro in particular to back up his father, who's tied with Navarre to being my best red unit)

Edited by Motendra

14 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Hector - Wolf Biel

Ephraim - Reginleif

No. Just...no for the most part. I think it’ll go like this...

- Hector: Durandal variant, Rune Sword, Rex Hasta or Maltet

- Ephraim: Garm

- Celica: Golden Dagger, Seraphim, Blessed Lance or FEH-original weapon

- Veronica: Siegfried variant or FEH-original weapon

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

That would be pretty neat.

I get the feeling they're just going to go the simple route and make her a non-green mage or something, though.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

No. Just...no for the most part. I think it’ll go like this...

- Hector: Durandal variant, Rune Sword, Rex Hasta or Maltet

- Ephraim: Garm

- Celica: Golden Dagger, Seraphim, Blessed Lance or FEH-original weapon

Yea it would be stupid if weapons of Brave Heroes were downgrade lore wise.