Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

I feel like they're trying to hurry ans capitalise on the CYL winners while they can.

This Ephraim is wonderful btw, hopefully I can get him.  I honestly never expected Ephraim Emblem to a possibility, ever.

Edited by Sayyyaka

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Idk why they tried really hard to make it feels as if Xander is popular when he really isnt that big of a deal. Although im not sure if he did much better last poll

Maybe one of the devs really likes him?

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Idk why they tried really hard to make it feels as if Xander is popular when he really isnt that big of a deal. Although im not sure if he did much better last poll

Xander was pretty damn popular when Fates was young, but now he’s losing to Ryoma, who is a much better in Heroes(And in Fates for that matter). Him not being a pretty boy like Leo or Takumi also hurts.

Ugh, this and CYL 2 have made me realize I actively dislike Ephraim. Before I just thought I was apathetic to him.

Even still, blue is definitely the most appealing.

Ike - Got +atk/-HP and I'm perfectly happy with him. Any others would be WB fodder.

Mia - Would be nice, but still just an infantry sword and Lucina does that we'll enough.

Leo - Got him. He's not good.

Ephraim - A legendary hero is nice, but otherwise meh. Still wouldn't mind him.

Corrin - Finally having a ranged mage would be great.

Shiro - Least appealing of the blue, but wouldn't mind him.

Gunnthra - Got her, but meh nature so wouldn't hate a better one. Still happy with mine though.

Dorcas - Infantry Hector would be nice, but don't actively want him.

Ike - Got him and happy with him. Would be SB fodder.

Jaffar - L&D fodder, either fodder my current neutral one or the new worse one.

Olivia - Terrible nature on my current one, but she's a dancer so it doesn't matter.

Gaius - Wouldn't mind him, but don't really care.

Probably do free pull and the bail. Need to saveky orbs for the Falcion and new character banners.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Xander was pretty damn popular when Fates was young, but now he’s losing to Ryoma, who is a much better in Heroes(And in Fates for that matter). Him not being a pretty boy like Leo or Takumi also hurts.

He was apparently #2 of males after Leo by fates but like by CYL1 hes not even top 10 while the ussual LeoTakumi is just beloe Camilla Azura Corrin

Going by popularity its really weird Leo and Takumi didnt occupy the spot hes in right now e.g. 2 alts. I mean if the reason for that is for "artistic" purpose(ok Spring Xander is a work of ART) then nvm

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

He was apparently #2 of males after Leo by fates but like by CYL1 hes not even top 10 while the ussual LeoTakumi is just beloe Camilla Azura Corrin

Going by popularity its really weird Leo and Takumi didnt occupy the spot hes in right now e.g. 2 alts. I mean if the reason for that is for "artistic" purpose(ok Spring Xander is a work of ART) then nvm

It says a lot about Leo and Takumi’s popularity when both units aren’t really amazing in Heroes but still ranked really high in CYL2.

While Xander went down quite a bit.

OMG, you guys. Ephraim's expression in his damage art.

He's basically shrugging off the fact that he's taken a lot of damage and enjoying it like "so fucking what, I GOT FIGHT LEFT! COME AT ME!" XD This is why I love him! That badass attitude right there!

Edited by Anacybele

It was probably mentioned earlier, but man, Clive is screwed. Look at his stats: 45 HP, 33 Atk, 25 Spd, 32 Def, and 19 Res. Now, look at regular Ephraim's stats: 45 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, and 20 Res.

New cavalry units have higher BST, so they could literally give promoted Ephraim's stats his regular self's stats and he'd end up as a better Clive. Or better, or worse depending on how you view it, give him Clive's stats and add the remaining 4 to 5 points into his resistance giving him 23 to 24 resistance. What does that look like? Berkut with more speed. +Res, -Spd Ephraim would then end up being Berkut with a bit more resistance, so giving him a refined Berkut's Lance could make him just as good if not a better tank than Berkut. Flame Siegmund and refined Berkut's Lance in his arsenal would make him a very versatile unit.

That's just all speculation, though, since his stats won't be known until tonight.

Edit: Except for HP because I didn't even look at his status screen when I watched the trailer.

Edited by Kaden

I don't really like the idea of Legendary units being alts, and the cynic in me tells me the reason we got Ephraim just because that one dev who loves him is unable to beat newer content with his Ephraim team. Not that that's going to stop me from rolling for him. Solar Lance with Moonbow creates a 2 charge Aether Lite, while Luna becomes a 3 charge almost Aether. I'm of course assuming that Solar Brace can proc on non-healing specials, which I'm hoping isn't another Beroc's Blessing situation and it's translated right.

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It was probably mentioned earlier, but man, Clive is screwed. Look at his stats: 45 HP, 33 Atk, 25 Spd, 32 Def, and 19 Res. Now, look at regular Ephraim's stats: 45 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, and 20 Res.

New cavalry units have higher BST, so they could literally give promoted Ephraim's stats his regular self's stats and he'd end up as a better Clive. Or better, or worse depending on how you view it, give him Clive's stats and add the remaining 4 to 5 points into his resistance giving him 23 to 24 resistance. What does that look like? Berkut with more speed. +Res, -Spd Ephraim would then end up being Berkut with a bit more resistance, so giving him a refined Berkut's Lance could make him just as good if not a better tank than Berkut. Flame Siegmund and refined Berkut's Lance in his arsenal would make him a very versatile unit.

That's just all speculation, though, since his stats won't be known until tonight.

What really screws Clive right now is Dragon Emblem tbh. To make it worse IS refuses to give what i like to call compensatory skills for Horse(and i suppose Fliers) while Infantry and Armor had 4 certain broken skills to play with

Its actually what makes Ephraim Horse somewhat hype worthy - he's the very first Horse with compensatory skills + Bracelet. Of course the conditional on Flame Siegmund is SO BAD for his design direction, in a fucking ironic way he'd also make better use of Refined OG Siegmund

Hell if your speculation is accurate, Refined OG Siegmund gave HP for Panic Ploy too. I like Lephrechaun design idea, but all of them are so awkward

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

You know, I realized that when a gets attention, particularly a lord, suddenly out of nowhere a lot of people appear that claims to hate them. And neglected units suddenly have a lot of fans, like what’s happening with Marth. It’s going to be ridiculous if this happens every time a legendary hero is announced that isn’t an OC.

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

You know, I realized that when a gets attention, particularly a lord, suddenly out of nowhere a lot of people appear that claims to hate them. And neglected units suddenly have a lot of fans, like what’s happening with Marth. It’s going to be ridiculous if this happens every time a legendary hero is announced that isn’t an OC.

I honestly didn't get why people are so obsessed with Marth all of a sudden

Like why?

I mean its not like he's completely ignored since he gets the last refine. Seasonal i'm neutral in since i don't give a shit and they are reserved mostly for popular stuff and 3DSFE anyway due to the nature of fanservice

As much as i want Speedo Camus

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I'm starting to get tired of all the complaining/whining about Marth. And I even agree that he's been shafted and should get something. But people, you're beating a dead horse at this point. Also, Marth does not fit the fire hero bill to me. I'd make him water or wind. So imo, he should be next.

Well, when the horse comes back to life for just the second time, we have reason to start beating it again. Ephraim got a CYL alt through controversial means that involve Marth and got a legendary out of nowhere early on in this era of non-OC legendary Heroes while Marth isn't getting anything yet. They should have saved Ephraim's legendary for a later date after Marth gets a legendary himself much like they saved the Christmas units, even if it means months after CYL is released; they should have known it'd agitate people and cause commotion.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Actually, the English VA mentioned sisters. Japanese VA talks about siblings.

Gunnthra has one voice line that specifically says siblings ("I wish that all my siblings could live happily together. If only..."), which apparently the Japanese uses a term generally used for mixed gender siblings.  All of her castle lines talking about her family only mention sisters, which in the Japanese also specifically referred to her little sisters.

It is entirely possible that they have at least one brother.

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Well, when the horse comes back to life for just the second time, we have reason to start beating it again. Ephraim got a CYL alt through controversial means that involve Marth and got a legendary out of nowhere early on in this era of non-OC legendary Heroes while Marth isn't getting anything yet. They should have saved Ephraim's legendary for a later date after Marth gets a legendary himself much like they saved the Christmas units, even if it means months after CYL is released; they should have known it'd agitate people and cause commotion.

Firstly, you DO realize that Ephraim, fallen Celica, and LA Hector were most certainly planned BEFORE they became CYL winners, don't you?

Second, Marth makes no sense as an earth or fire hero. He should be water or wind. That's probably why he wasn't picked this time.

And Ephraim isn't out of nowhere. His sister got a random alt, so why shouldn't he? Eirika was the one that came out of nowhere, and yet I didn't see nearly as much complaining about her as I do Ephraim here.

I'm not disagreeing that Marth has been shafted and should get something. But I can see why he hasn't in the case of the past couple months.

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I honestly didn't get why people are so obsessed with Marth all of a sudden

It's not so much that they're obsessed. It's more of, Marth got robbed of a CYL win because his votes were split and Ephraim getting an alt on top of his CYL outfit is a kick in the teeth for Marth fans. I'm just disappointed that Marth barely gets anything, despite being the OG Lord. I'm not gonna go after Ephraim fans for this because that's just being petty but the disappointment of Marth getting almost nothing is understandable.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's not so much that they're obsessed. It's more of, Marth got robbed of a CYL win because his votes were split and Ephraim getting an alt on top of his CYL outfit is a kick in the teeth for Marth fans. I'm just disappointed that Marth barely gets anything, despite being the OG Lord. I'm not gonna go after Ephraim fans for this because that's just being petty but the disappointment of Marth getting almost nothing is understandable.

oh yeah i heard about that

How much higher would Marth be if he didn't get vote split?

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

How much higher would Marth be if he didn't get vote split?

He would’ve beaten Ephraim by a couple thousand votes, for one. Marth’s combined total wouldn’t have been enough to beat Hector though, even if you don’t factor in the votes for old man Hector.

58 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

What really screws Clive right now is Dragon Emblem tbh. To make it worse IS refuses to give what i like to call compensatory skills for Horse(and i suppose Fliers) while Infantry and Armor had 4 certain broken skills to play with

Its actually what makes Ephraim Horse somewhat hype worthy - he's the very first Horse with compensatory skills + Bracelet. Of course the conditional on Flame Siegmund is SO BAD for his design direction, in a fucking ironic way he'd also make better use of Refined OG Siegmund

Hell if your speculation is accurate, Refined OG Siegmund gave HP for Panic Ploy too. I like Lephrechaun design idea, but all of them are so awkward

I am not sure why one would moan about Infantery skills that were needed for Infantery units. The problem happened when they forgot to restrict Steady Breath on Dragon Emblems imho.

I think Armorers are on a far better spot then Infantery with their new ***Fighter skills and new movement seal/skills and are on equal footing with the other Emblem Teams in my opinong

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure why one would moan about Infantery skills that were needed for Infantery units. The problem happened when they forgot to restrict Steady Breath on Dragon Emblems imho.

I think Armorers are on a far better spot then Infantery with their new ***Fighter skills and new movement seal/skills and are on equal footing with the other Emblem Teams in my opinong

I mostly made that point to say slower Cavs and Fliers are more screwed than Infantry, not so much moan about it since i actually enjoyed them

But thats a solid point since Dragon Breath is kinda dumb(although i think the Breath refine was just as big of a factor idk)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

So in this case unit that "suddenly has lot of fans* is Marth , Protagonist of very first Fire Emblem game, Legendary hero king and Lucina's Idol, did I get it right? As far as I am concerned every fan of Fire Emblem should acknowledge his importance. Fact the he under different circumstances could become CYL finalist already proves he always had lot of fans.

Also him being neglected is nothing that wouldn't be discussed before. Lot of people expected him became Legendary hero exactly for that very reason. But instead we got random nobody whose greatest achievement is killing  his childhood friend...

How in any way is Ephraim a "random nobody"? I would say he's very much the opposite. And I'm not just biased either, because I would say the same for guys like Marth, Roy, and Hector and I don't care much for any of them.

Marth deserves an alt eventually, but I can see why Ephraim was picked here. Marth is better off as a water or wind hero. Ephraim fits fire more.

Neither, Roy nor Hector are legendarily heroes though. Well while, I don't particularly like Roy, he could probably pass for Legendary fire hero proper, though it wouldn't change thing about Marth being neglected so it's moot point anyway. I agree that it would be weird for Hector be one (even if he is superior character). 

Marth is probably most relevant Lord ever. There is no room for discussion here. 

Edited by Tenzen12