Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Neither, Roy nor Hector are legendarily heroes though. Well while, I don't particularly like Roy, he could probably pass for Legendary fire hero proper, though it wouldn't change thing about Marth being neglected so it's moot point anyway. I agree that it would be weird for Hector be one (even if he is superior character). 

Marth is probably most relevant Lord ever. There is no room for discussion here. 

Can we make poor Eliwood a fire hero? Poor guy.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially, I was disappointed that we got another Ephraim alt, but I'm starting to wonder if there are going to be more than just the 4 Legendary Heroes. Colorless is still untouched for them and only two OCs seems kind of small. With Fjorm's absence this banner, I'm guessing each new Legendary Heroes banner is going to rotate the Legendary Heroes themselves as more and more new ones are released. If that's the case, then I'm fine with things as they are.

Red: 1 and 3 for them. Need Summer Leo and he's seasonal so he's a priority. Need Mia, not seasonal but because Tellius bias. Got V!Ike, but still want him because (see Mia).
Blue: I'm 0 and 3 for them. Summer Corrin is priority for same reason as Leo. Shiro would be great because I could use a proper non-Armored Blue defensive tank. Ephraim's probably showing up again on a future LH banner so he's take it or leave it for now. This color's probably going to be my main focus.
Green: 2 and 3 for them. Got plenty of Gunnthra, more B!Ikes would be nice for merging, but not really necessary and Dorcas isn't seasonal, and as much as I'd really like to pull him, I might honestly ignore Greens this time around.
Colorless: 2 and 3 for them. Need and really want Summer Gaius. Already got Jaffar, but more merges and better IVs would be nice I guess (that and I'm too lazy to grind out the SP he needs for his full build). Got PA!Olivia too, but one with a better bane would be nice. Plus, I've been having some fun with building her recently so I'd love more merges.

I would like to say that Legendary Hero Leif would be an awesome move. But I think that Tharacia fans would feel pissed of if he comes before a Tharacia banner.
He almost deserves his own category "Missing Legend".

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

I would like to say that Legendary Hero Leif would be an awesome move. But I think that Tharacia fans would feel pissed of if he comes before a Tharacia banner.
He almost deserves his own category "Missing Legend".

lol

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Can we make poor Eliwood a fire hero? Poor guy.

Of course Eliwood should get Fire, water, ground, wind variant alongside of summer, spring,  autumn and winter alt. We shouldn't forget Bridegroom Eliwood either!

Edited by Tenzen12

6 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

Initially, I was disappointed that we got another Ephraim alt, but I'm starting to wonder if there are going to be more than just the 4 Legendary Heroes. Colorless is still untouched for them and only two OCs seems kind of small. With Fjorm's absence this banner, I'm guessing each new Legendary Heroes banner is going to rotate the Legendary Heroes themselves as more and more new ones are released. If that's the case, then I'm fine with things as they are.

This was already confirmed. There will be several more.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Firstly, you DO realize that Ephraim, fallen Celica, and LA Hector were most certainly planned BEFORE they became CYL winners, don't you?

Second, Marth makes no sense as an earth or fire hero. He should be water or wind. That's probably why he wasn't picked this time.

And Ephraim isn't out of nowhere. His sister got a random alt, so why shouldn't he? Eirika was the one that came out of nowhere, and yet I didn't see nearly as much complaining about her as I do Ephraim here.

I'm not disagreeing that Marth has been shafted and should get something. But I can see why he hasn't in the case of the past couple months.

Ephraim is a legendary hero; that's a much bigger honor than the normal alts and seasonals, and Celica and Hector didn't have the burden of controversial victories. And I dunno where you were listening, but Eirika did indeed get a lot of complaining, including from myself; at least, before it was found out we got four new units anyways, two of them free, but I dunno for sure if that satisfied folks.

I'm also not saying Marth should have been next; he just should have gotten a legendary before Ephraim did based on the situation, for the sake of your element argument. They can afford to hold him for a year; they did that with the Christmas units if the datamining for Heroes in its release month is any indication.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How in any way is Ephraim a "random nobody"? I would say he's very much the opposite. And I'm not just biased either, because I would say the same for guys like Marth, Roy, and Hector and I don't care much for any of them.

Marth deserves an alt eventually, but I can see why Ephraim was picked here. Marth is better off as a water or wind hero. Ephraim fits fire more.

I wouldn't call any lord a "random nobody" by proxy of being a lord in the first place. However, by comparison, Magvel (and Ephraim by extension for being of that world) being the only standalone world in the veteran era creates that context. When you have both continuities of Elibe and Tellius duking it out, Magvel's just kinda there, much like how Valentia would still be were it not for Echoes.

While I'd argue that Marth not having an elemental affinity to associate with makes it hard to determine what he'd be, that alone is enough ground for him to potentially be anything. Then again, considering the role that the actual fire emblem has in Archanea, it's not to say that he couldn't be one. 

Spoiler

Unless of course, he was all of them at once!

10 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Of course Eliwood should get Fire, water, ground, wind variant alongside of summer, spring,  autumn and winter alt. We shouldn't forget Bridegroom Eliwood either!

Let's not get carried away now.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I wouldn't call any lord a "random nobody" by proxy of being a lord in the first place. However, by comparison, Magvel (and Ephraim by extension for being of that world) being the only standalone world in the veteran era creates that context. When you have both continuities of Elibe and Tellius duking it out, Magvel's just kinda there, much like how Valentia would still be were it not for Echoes.

While I'd argue that Marth not having an elemental affinity to associate with makes it hard to determine what he'd be, that alone is enough ground for him to potentially be anything. Then again, considering the role that the actual fire emblem has in Archanea, it's not to say that he couldn't be one. 

Reveal hidden contents

Unless of course, he was all of them at once!

Valentia is still kind of standalone since Echoes is a remake.

As far as elements go, what would any of the 3DS characters be? Elemental affinity wasn't in those either.

So, Legendary Ephraim looks to be built as an enemy-phase counter-attacker who stays far away from allies and relies on healing Specials for survivablilty.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Let's not get carried away now.

Valentia is still kind of standalone since Echoes is a remake.

As far as elements go, what would any of the 3DS characters be? Elemental affinity wasn't in those either.

Perhaps, but in Echoes it's been made more apparent that it is connected to Archanea (literally being further westward)  and as a result, falls in line with its continuity. Magvel doesn't have that luxury in relation to Elibe nor Tellius.

Precisely; we don't know and have nothing to go off of. Though for Chrom, I would guess lightning. Maybe darkness for Corrin.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Perhaps, but in Echoes it's been made more apparent that it is connected to Archanea (literally being further westward)  and as a result, falls in line with its continuity. Magvel doesn't have that luxury in relation to Elibe nor Tellius.

Precisely; we don't know and have nothing to go off of. Though for Chrom, I would guess lightning. Maybe darkness for Corrin.

I might say lightning, but that isn't one. Shame, because that would almost definitely be Robin's.

32 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I might say lightning, but that isn't one. Shame, because that would almost definitely be Robin's.

You could just equate Lightning to Wind because they're both associated with the sky. Same for Light. Dark could translate to Fire or Earth. Heck, that makes a ton of sense of Micaiah (Dark) because Lehran's Medallion (Fire) is a thing.

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

What really screws Clive right now is Dragon Emblem tbh. To make it worse IS refuses to give what i like to call compensatory skills for Horse(and i suppose Fliers) while Infantry and Armor had 4 certain broken skills to play with

Its actually what makes Ephraim Horse somewhat hype worthy - he's the very first Horse with compensatory skills + Bracelet. Of course the conditional on Flame Siegmund is SO BAD for his design direction, in a fucking ironic way he'd also make better use of Refined OG Siegmund

Dragons in general kind of screw everyone over.

Also, what do you mean by "compensatory skills"? Do you mean like how Dorcas comes with all three passives and they're really good or do you mean something like the Black Knight who has Black Luna and Zelgius who amps this up with Warp Powder just because he can have it?

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Hell if your speculation is accurate, Refined OG Siegmund gave HP for Panic Ploy too. I like Lephrechaun design idea, but all of them are so awkward

I edited in that I didn't look at Ephraim's status bar, so I didn't see his HP when I watched the trailer. There's a Reddit thread that guessed promoted Ephraim's stats using the fact that Valter appeared in the trailer: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/80jb8l/stat_speculationlegendary_ephraims_stats/.

The guessed stats are 43 HP, 36 Atk, <= 28 Spd, 33 Def, and ?? Res giving him a "known" 140 BST. 43 HP was shown on his status bar and the rest were compared to Valter being able to double Ephraim and the damage they were dealing and taking. If he does have 28 speed, then Ephraim has about 18 points remaining for resistance. Give or take some since neutral Siegbert has 157 BST and Sigurd has 159 BST.

43/36/29/33/18 would essentially be blue Luke. Luke has 43/34/28/30/20.

If he has 25 speed instead like his regular self, then he'd have around 21 resistance in which case, promoted Ephraim would have -2 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Res, and +1 movement compared to his regular self. A +Res, -Spd Ephraim would then be Berkut with a legendary weapon. A hypothetical 43/36/22/33/24 to Berkut's 44/34/22/31/24.

Also, yeah, I don't know how to feel about Flame Siegmund. Anyway, I gotta head to class, so I'm ending this here.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

You could just equate Lightning to Wind because they're both associated with the sky. Same for Light. Dark could translate to Fire or Earth. Heck, that makes a ton of sense of Micaiah (Dark) because Lehran's Medallion (Fire) is a thing.

Then it seems like we'll end up with a lot of wind elementals. They might be better off going with something like Chrom being fire or earth because he's about brute strength.

Lightning should be equated to fire. Why? Lightning is actually a form of fire/heat. Why do you think trees and stuff light up in flames when a bolt of lighting strikes them?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm seeing the reasoning for Ephraim being a legendary fire hero. Remember Siegmund is known as the fire lance, as Ike had earth affinity in his games. I'm expecting more legendary versions of non OC characters before the next legendary earth banner

Lightning is associated with the weather the same way wind is. It's more of a force of nature rather than the magical one of fire in FE games.

Edited by silveraura25

40 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

So, Legendary Ephraim looks to be built as an enemy-phase counter-attacker who stays far away from allies and relies on healing Specials for survivablilty.

You can easily switch out Sturdy Stance for Death Blow or Sturdy Blow and use him the exact same way you normally would for a player-phase cavalry unit.

Solar Brace adds Noontime's effect to any special skill of his choice (that activates on his own attack), meaning you can get a miniature Aether out of any damaging special skill.

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lightning should be equated to fire. Why? Lightning is actually a form of fire/heat. Why do you think trees and stuff light up in flames when a bolt of lighting strikes them?

With the classical Western elements, lightning is typically associated with either wind or fire depending on what aspects you focus on.

As a meteorological phenomenon that isn't composed of water, it is associated with wind.

As a physical phenomenon associated with plasma (lightning occurs when an electric field is strong enough to force air to turn into plasma along a path connecting the two sides) and as a generator of heat, it is associated with fire.

Light is typically either associated with fire (the sun) or wind (the sky). Darkness is invariably earth (the opposite of the sun and the sky).

23 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I'm seeing the reasoning for Ephraim being a legendary fire hero. Remember Siegmund is known as the fire lance, as Ike had earth affinity in his games. I'm expecting more legendary versions of non OC characters before the next legendary earth banner

Ephraim's affinity also happens to be fire. At this rate, I'll be legitimately shocked if Lyn isn't the next wind legendary. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the classical Western elements, lightning is typically associated with either wind or fire depending on what aspects you focus on.

As a meteorological phenomenon that isn't composed of water, it is associated with wind.

As a physical phenomenon associated with plasma (lightning occurs when an electric field is strong enough to force air to turn into plasma along a path connecting the two sides) and as a generator of heat, it is associated with fire.

Light is typically either associated with fire (the sun) or wind (the sky). Darkness is invariably earth (the opposite of the sun and the sky).

Ah, I see. Interesting.