Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Cause we need more Lyn, clearly.

I don't want her as legendary, or to get another damn alt so soon for that matter, either. It's just what I expect at this point so I'm already resigned to that very real possibility.

These legendary re-releases of characters pisses me off, it was more of a problem with Ike but eriphram could do it too,  they literally just powercreeped their older selves, it's annoying it doesn't add any new dynamic to the games, V!Ike is literally just Ike but better, and since boosted cav bst is the same as old melee bst eriphram has a chance of literally being himself +1 mov

30 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

it was more of a problem with Ike but eriphram could do it too,  they literally just powercreeped their older selves

Not necessarily with Ephraim; L'Ephraim is a Cavalry unit with a completely different niche than his buff-bot Infantry self, whereas Vanguard Ike is literally just a better PoR!Ike.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I'll be legitimately shocked if Lyn isn't the next wind legendary.

Maybe not the next Wind Legendary (because she was in Love Abounds), but now that you've said this out loud I think it's a given too.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Light is typically either associated with fire (the sun) or wind (the sky). Darkness is invariably earth (the opposite of the sun and the sky).

Works for me! It would be pretty neat to see Eirika and Micaiah as Fire and Earth Heroes, just like their male counterparts~

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can easily switch out Sturdy Stance for Death Blow or Sturdy Blow and use him the exact same way you normally would for a player-phase cavalry unit.

Solar Brace adds Noontime's effect to any special skill of his choice (that activates on his own attack), meaning you can get a miniature Aether out of any damaging special skill.

Well, I think with the Flame Sigmund's whole "automatic double when surrounded by more enemies than allies" thingy, Ephraim is going to be a slow but tanky kind of character.

So no, really, he won't be the best at a Death Blow/Brave Weapon build.

I'm just saying that's what his base skills suggest. Would probably be his cheapest build.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Ephraim's affinity also happens to be fire. At this rate, I'll be legitimately shocked if Lyn isn't the next wind legendary. 

Ah man, I hope Lyn does get to be a Wind Legendary at some point.

With Ephraim being the first Fire Legendary, I'm wondering what they'll make Eirika, should they give her a Legendary alt. Here affinity in SS is Light, but I'm not sure what that would translate to. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, how is fire considered defense and not earth? Seems like they got those two mixed up.

Ephraim is just the Fire type hero who will boost Defense. Right now all the elements are messed up (Water boosting Speed, Wind boosting Res, and Earth boosting Attack). The element and buff aren't tied together with Legendary Heroes.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Dragons in general kind of screw everyone over.

Also, what do you mean by "compensatory skills"? Do you mean like how Dorcas comes with all three passives and they're really good or do you mean something like the Black Knight who has Black Luna and Zelgius who amps this up with Warp Powder just because he can have it?

I edited in that I didn't look at Ephraim's status bar, so I didn't see his HP when I watched the trailer. There's a Reddit thread that guessed promoted Ephraim's stats using the fact that Valter appeared in the trailer: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/80jb8l/stat_speculationlegendary_ephraims_stats/.

The guessed stats are 43 HP, 36 Atk, <= 28 Spd, 33 Def, and ?? Res giving him a "known" 140 BST. 43 HP was shown on his status bar and the rest were compared to Valter being able to double Ephraim and the damage they were dealing and taking. If he does have 28 speed, then Ephraim has about 18 points remaining for resistance. Give or take some since neutral Siegbert has 157 BST and Sigurd has 159 BST.

43/36/29/33/18 would essentially be blue Luke. Luke has 43/34/28/30/20.

If he has 25 speed instead like his regular self, then he'd have around 21 resistance in which case, promoted Ephraim would have -2 HP, +1, +1 Def, +1 Res, and +1 movement compared to his regular self. A +Res, -Spd Ephraim would then be Berkut with a legendary weapon. A hypothetical 43/36/22/33/24 to Berkut's 44/34/22/31/24.

Also, yeah, I don't know how to feel about Flame Siegmund. Anyway, I gotta head to class, so I'm ending this here.

putting it super simply.... it refers to Stances and Fighters

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Well, I think with the Flame Sigmund's whole "automatic double when surrounded by more enemies than allies" thingy, Ephraim is going to be a slow but tanky kind of character.

So no, really, he won't be the best at a Death Blow/Brave Weapon build.

I'm just saying that's what his base skills suggest. Would probably be his cheapest build.

Automatic follow-up attack means there's no reason to care about his Spd stat because he should always be attacking twice, meaning he can afford to run either Death Blow or Sturdy Blow and not have to deal with Swift Sparrow, Life and Death, or Fury impacting his survivability or having him deal less damage. His weapon also happens to have 11 more Atk than a Brave Lance+.

Because he is a cavalry unit, there is no excuse for a player-controlled Ephraim to not attack twice. Cavalry units can move from adjacent to an ally to four tiles away from the nearest ally in a single move, and you get the follow-up even if the number of nearby opponents is equal to the number of allies. His allies, typically also being cavalry, will also be able to pick him back up afterwards. Ephraim just has to lead the charge.

"What his base skills suggest" is not "he's an enemy-phase unit" that you said. His base skills suggest that "he's cheapest to build as an enemy-phase unit".

A 19-Mt weapon that always hits exactly twice regardless of your HP so long as you are away from your allies is more powerful on player phase than enemy phase.

I’m really about this banner. I would be even more happier if I didn’t waste my orbs and got a pity breaker Celica on the LA!Banner. Oh well. I’m just happy Marth wasn’t on this, cause he probably would’ve been a sword unit since nothing else would have made sense with him.

I disagree that Lyn should be a legendary hero. But only because she already got four other versions. She really does not need another one. Otherwise, I'd say she's fair game.

But I think guys like Marth and other characters who don't even have ONE alt should get some attention first.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree that Lyn should be a legendary hero. But only because she already got four other versions. She really does not need another one. Otherwise, I'd say she's fair game.

But I think guys like Marth and other characters who don't even have ONE alt should get some attention first.

Sadly, since Heroes is Fan service, I’m afraid that there’s a very good chance of Lyn or some overly popular hero getting it next.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, she doesn’t need anymore. She’ll still get more anyways because IS wants that easy money

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Sadly, since Heroes is Fan service, I’m afraid that there’s a very good chance of Lyn or some overly popular hero getting it next.

Less popular characters have gotten alts too though. Frederick didn't get a summer version because of popularity. He's relatively unpopular, in fact. And Lyn isn't the only super popular character. Marth is quite popular too and he's gotten nothing.

And considering how people have complained about characters like Camilla getting so many alts, people will complain about Lyn too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I agree, she doesn’t need anymore. She’ll still get more anyways because IS wants that easy money

There's got to be some diminishing returns on trying to milk the same unit over and over.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Less popular characters have gotten alts too though. Frederick didn't get a summer version because of popularity. He's relatively unpopular, in fact. And Lyn isn't the only super popular character. Marth is quite popular too and he's gotten nothing.

And considering how people have complained about characters like Camilla getting so many alts, people will complain about Lyn too.

I didn’t mean that unpopular characters never get variations,  I just meant that it’s very likely that Lyn gets one because she’s super popular.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

I didn’t mean that unpopular characters never get variations,  I just meant that it’s very likely that Lyn gets one because she’s super popular.

But she already got four different versions. How is that not enough even for all her fans? I would even say that as soon as Ike gets four, if he does, he shouldn't get anymore despite my love for him. Because I know other characters ought to get alts too.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But she already got four different versions. How is that not enough even for all her fans? I would even say that as soon as Ike gets four, if he does, he shouldn't get anymore despite my love for him. Because I know other characters ought to get alts too.

I know how how you feel. As much as I like Lyn, 4 variations is enough. Anyway, what I don’t like is IS putting favorites on the opposing banners. Like on Hoshidan new year, they had only one Hoshidan Royal, while Nohrian Summer had 3 royals of Nohr. I also don’t like the fact that Camilla was chosen as a Holiday traveler. In fates, Azura gives Elise a kimono and Elise wears it. This would have been a perfect time to show that in Heroes!  But no, Camilla got it just because she was more pop. ( Not saying I would have preferred Elise over Hoshidan Royals for New Years. )

We have never enough! Especially as there isn't green representative yet!

Just kidding, fifth version anytime soon, would be over kill. There is many who need alt more and I do hope IS knows restraint themselves before it backfire to them 

...I would still dolphin for her either way if she did appear of course.

Or maybe we should just hold off on giving characters alts for a few banners....or months.

In all seriousness though, alts are where the money's at, and I understand that...to an extent. I at least appreciate it when alts aren't incredibly similar to their original versions. Masked Marth and Lucina, BK and Zelgius, Ike and V!Ike...even Hector and LA!Hector are all pretty good examples of being a little too similar. For the most part, our alts are pretty different, with different weapons/movement types, and stat distribution. Is it a little annoying seeing the same characters over and over again? Yeah...but at least all the copies of Lyn, Camilla, Xander, Chrom, Azura, etc are pretty different...even if a few are underwhelming.

If we have to have alts, I'd rather see new ones. This is Ephraim's first alt, so I'm glad it's this and not a ridiculous seasonal. He deserves better than that. But I probably still stand with the group that would much rather see new characters since there are still plenty of "popular characters" yet to get into the game. But part of me is expecting even more alts considering the current trend... 

Send feedback everyone! XD 

12 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I know how how you feel. As much as I like Lyn, 4 variations is enough. Anyway, what I don’t like is IS putting favorites on the opposing banners. Like on Hoshidan new year, they had only one Hoshidan Royal, while Nohrian Summer had 3 royals of Nohr. I also don’t like the fact that Camilla was chosen as a Holiday traveler. In fates, Azura gives Elise a kimono and Elise wears it. This would have been a perfect time to show that in Heroes!  But no, Camilla got it just because she was more pop. ( Not saying I would have preferred Elise over Hoshidan Royals for New Years. )

Yeah, this made me mad. I wanted Hinoka or Ryoma or both on that banner so bad because it was the right time and they got shafted just because IS thinks boobs make more money all the time.

Edited by Anacybele

12 hours ago, Zeratul said:

*title is Legendary Lord*
*not Marth*
Great job, IS.

Ephraim's hero title has "Lord" in it, while Marth's does not. I'm guessing his inevitable legendary form will be called "Legendary Prince", but they could go with his "Hero-King" title and call him "Legendary Hero" or "Legendary King" instead.