Legendary Heroes Summoning Event: Ephraim - Legendary Lord (Feb. 28 - Mar. 4)

Coolmanio

He looks like a pretty neat unit, hopefully I can pull him and maybe use him instead of Roderick.

...So does this mean every Choose Your Legends Round 2 winner is getting his/her own Legendary Hero banner?

I can't wait to see Brave!Hector and Brave!Veronica.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

He looks like a pretty neat unit, hopefully I can pull him and maybe use him instead of Roderick.

...So does this mean every Choose Your Legends Round 2 winner is getting his/her own Legendary Hero banner?

I actually think it means that the lords are all getting Legendary Hero versions.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think they just had him ready before the winners were announced.

We already knew last month Fjorm wasn't going to be in this one, so that means Ephraim was already planned

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Muh?  I don't think I follow you.

Instead of CYL winners, getting Legendary variants, I'm suggesting that the pattern suggested by L!Ike and L!Ephraim is the lords. Especially since they likely plan far enough ahead that Legendary Ephraim was conceived before CYL2 voting started.

Also guys, proof that I came up with Sturdy Stance first.

So crazy, even though my version is slightly different. :P I actually made a skill that would eventually exist in the game in some form!

Cool I guess, but I am going to skip this one Grima and Vector are calling to me more then anyone on this banner.  Good luck to everyone pulling on this banner.  

I find it so hilarious how they built Ephraim's kit here.

His weapon is made for him to be stronger when no one else is around, and Solar Brace is made to work with healing skills so he can keep his health up. Basically, he's made to take others on on his own, which is pretty faithful to Sacred Stones. :D

Welp, good thing Fallen Heroes are all gonna be added to the regular pool after their banner's done, because I need to pull on this exclusively since this Legendary Banner has several people that I desire. There's the new Ephraim, who looks amazing because he's a legendary so of course he does (and also because if I super-luck out and get two I can give my +ATK Myrrh Sturdy Stance to boost her ATK and DEF without that pesky self-damage Fury does, and then she's basically complete), Summer Corrin, who is a mage flier and thus I would like to get one, Shiro, who is also okay I suppose, Gunnthra, who I could use a better one of (+DEF/-SPD sucks, mostly 'cause of the -SPD), Dorcas, who I already have a good one of but would like a second one for feeding Fierce Stance to Grima so he can have 66 ATK when attacked, and Brave Ike, who is a good unit I don't have if I get one, and any extras I may receive (I'm not holding my breath for this, but still, it could happen) will be Steady Breath fodder.

Red doesn't have anyone I want (I have Mia from her original banner, and Ike's gonna be a free unit now so no need to look for him), and Grey has Performing Arts Olivia and the possibility of 4-Star Sothes, which is tempting, but has nobody else that I particularly want, so I'll stay away from them if I can.

So, gonna go Blue > Green >> Grey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red on this banner.

Speaking specifically on Ephraim tho... He looks like he'll be good. Flame Seigmund doesn't seem like that great of an effect (get a guaranteed follow-up if you're surrounded by more enemies than allies? But wouldn't that mean that either Ephraim charged into a cluster of enemies, which seems like the more likely scenario, or that he's being attacked by either bow/dagger-users whom he can't counterattack, thus rendering the follow-up he'd be getting as useless, or by mages whom he also can't counterattack and who are probably roasting him to death since he'll most likely have low RES? I don't see this being all that great, though maybe it'd be better if you gave him Distant Counter?), but Sturdy Stance sounds pretty cool (though, as mentioned previously, I feel Distant Counter might be better if you're trying to get FSeigmund's effect to activate, though personally I'll probably just slap Death Blow on him), and Solar Brace is just awesome and makes me want to give him Aether so he can have the strongest possible Aether effect (halves enemy defenses and heals 80% of damage dealt, that just sounds amazing). And also his attack animation is so cool!

Meh, I'm not feeling this banner that strongly. Ephraim is cool and all, glad to see him in his Awakening Great Knight attire, but... I dunno, it feels weaker compared to previous Legendary banners, even if PA!Olivia and NS!Corrin, two units I'm interested in having, are available as well.

Maybe it's just because I've been having rotten luck with summoning though... and also I won't have the cash to shell for this banner until well after it ends...

Wow, another alt of a CYL winner. It's too bad they didn't wait until afterwards to start creating alts.

Ephraim does look pretty busted, and Gunnthra/Corrin would help with the GHB quests, so I'll pull blue and green. I would want Olivia, but...

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

CYL affecting which characters get non-CYL alts would be unfair, as you're then punishing the CYL winners for winning.

I guess we needed LA!Lyn because it's unfair that she had only three versions when many characters in the series don't even have one yet. :>_<:

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I guess we needed LA!Lyn because it's unfair that she had only three versions when many characters in the series don't even have one yet. :>_<:

Well the precedent was set by Xander, so far no one has exceeded two alt versions if you exclude CYL, as is fair to do because they were decided on by us rather than the devs.

28 minutes ago, Stroud said:

His B skill seems to be inhertiable? Doesn't Sound to bad. But I think I can spend my orbs on trying to get Hardin now.

While it doesn't explicitly state that it isn't (as far as I've seen), I doubt they would make it inheritable. The Solar Brace is Ephraim's personal promotion item in SS, so I think it would be kind of weird if they let it be inheritable.

As for LEphraim himself, he looks pretty good to me. I like the whole fighting solo thing he has going for him. Although seeing Flame Siegmund just makes me salty that they didn't make Flame Sieglinde for Eirika's alt. Knoll (and Druid Ewan) still wants his (their) tome back.

Edited by alatartheblue42

4 minutes ago, alatartheblue42 said:

While it doesn't explicitly state that it isn't (as far as I've seen), I doubt they would make it inheritable. The Solar Brace is Ephraim's personal promotion item in SS, so I think it would be kind of weird if they let it be inheritable.

True, this makes sence. what a shame. But maybe they will implement this skill later on as an inheritable version.

So the second Eirika really was foreshadowing something. Makes sense, although I wonder if Ephraim would have won, had people known.

A bit of a shame that he's on his own. To me it feels like they're done with Sacred stones for a while as a result.

Edited by Cysx

Of course they completely ignored the fact that Summer!Elise even exists anymore, considering every other Summer unit has been summonable at least once while the only time we ever saw her was in the original banner. Not to mention that even though she got a weapon refinement, the flat stat upgrades are trash and its Drive Atk/Spd 0 effect wasn't updated at all. I've become completely convinced that not only are they ignoring the fact she exists, but they are also putting in effort to make us forget about her in general. Seeing how far Blade and Raven tomes have fallen since that Summer banner all that time ago, I'm not likely going to change my opinion any time soon.

On a brighter note, I'm really hyped about Legend!Ephraim. His weapon just screams Galeforce and Desperation inheritance, while his B Passive Solar Brace gives him a level of sustainability never before seen in FEH (giving him up to 80% healing with Sol or Aether...which answers the question of how they'll introduce Sol's equivalent of Black Luna). Solar Brace lets L!Ephraim essentially have a weak Aether at 2 charge (Moonbow) or Aether with less healing at 3 charge (Luna), not to mention how well he can abuse Glimmer, Night Sky, or even Astra due to his weapon's effect (especially if you consider giving him a Heavy Blade seal) with that passive healing. I can definitely say that this guy is extremely versatile in what Specials he can equip (though it's sad that Galeforce doesn't proc with Solar Brace, which is why I mentioned Desperation instead...that would have been so awesome if it did). Also, Ignis is also a good choice, especially if you consider Steady Breath as an alternative to Sturdy Stance (same Def but no Atk, but gets a super-charge during the enemy phase...and with his weapon's effect, he'll automatically double when isolated which absolutely guarantees its activation against a counterable target).
No matter how you build him, he's going to be murder in the Arena...and total Bait in the banner.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

3 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Of course they completely ignored the fact that Summer!Elise even exists anymore, considering every other Summer unit has been summonable at least once while the only time we ever saw her was in the original banner. Not to mention that even though she got a weapon refinement, the flat stat upgrades are trash and its Drive Atk/Spd 0 effect wasn't updated at all. I've become completely convinced that not only are they ignoring the fact she exists, but they are also putting in effort to make us forget about her in general. Seeing how far Blade and Raven tomes have fallen since that Summer banner all that time ago, I'm not likely going to change my opinion any time soon.

Summer Tiki hasn't been rerun either. I wouldn't cry conspiracy just yet, rather I think the assumption is that they don't want to run multiple dancers in the same banner, so every month for four months we'll have one dancer from the Performing Arts banner and three other seasonal units alongside them. Since we're now just two months into this new scheme, we're 6 summer and 2 dancers in. With 2 summer units and 2 dancers left, I would expect Shigure, Elise and Tiki next month, along with one of Halloween Nowi, Sakura or Jakob. Then Inigo alongside the remaining three Halloween units. After that I'm guessing they'll just run two Christmas and two New Year units a month for two months.