Nintendo University

Dragoncat

I've been throwing around this idea, it would make a great webcomic along the lines of Brawl in the Family and Awkward Zombie, but since I kinda suck at art, I'm just going to write it out! You are welcome to suggest ideas or leave general comments in the feedback thread.

Without further ado, the cast!

Men's Dorm Supervisor: Dunban

Women's Dorm Supervisor: Nabooru

Teachers: Professors Oak, Birch, Elm, Rowan, Juniper, Sycamore, Kukui

Male Students: Link, Shulk, Boyd, Ike, Alm, Reyn, Pipit, Groose, Mario, Luigi

Female Students: Zelda, Melia, Elincia, Celica, Karane, Malon, Lyn, Ashei, Peach, Daisy

The Link and Zelda are generic ones, not specifically from any game.

Men's Dorm Layouts:

1: Link and Shulk

2: Boyd and Reyn

3: Ike and Groose

4: Alm and Pipit

5: Mario and Luigi

6: Dunban

Women's Dorm Layouts:

1: Elincia and Melia

2: Celica and Zelda

3: Karane and Malon

4: Peach and Daisy

5: Lyn and Ashei

6: Nabooru

A note on the portals and the hub this is in (first mentioned in Groceries and Gerudos): The portals to the various worlds reject anyone who doesn't belong there, to avoid the worlds mixing when they're not supposed to. A jamming signal makes conception impossible in the hub. Males still produce sperm and females still ovulate and menstruate, but sperm cannot bond with egg as long as the female is in the hub. Couples from the same world will have to go home if they want a kid. The typical college frat party stuff will never result in unplanned pregnancies. Don't worry though, this is just a bit of world building, this won't go past a PG 13 rating.

Edited by Dragoncat

Freezing in the Fire

Link winced and covered his ears, this alarm was NOT good for his sensitive hylian ears. And then the intercom went off. "This is not a drill! There's a fire in the men's dorms! Everybody out!"

He moved faster than he thought he ever had before. He had to get himself out, but his roommate was showering! He ran into the bathroom. "Dude! There's literally a fire! We need to get out like, NOW!"

"Is that what that loud alarm is?"

"I'm getting myself out, you better do the same!" And then Link was outside the building in a flash. The hylian hero looked around frantically. The men's dorm supervisor was corralling people with waves of his good arm. Karane tackled Pipit and hugged him, clearly thankful he'd gotten out safely. Dunban made them separate with a stern look. A few of the other girls were out, wondering what all the excitement was.

Shulk had run out in a towel, and since it was November and the sun was down, the Monado wielder was clearly freezing. He stood beside his roommate, swearing under his breath. "What kind of idiot starts a fire in a dorm? Seriously!"

"Somebody started it?" Pipit blinked.

"I don't think anybody did it on purpose." Link said.

"Well either way, this is bad! I'm freezing my butt off! And...maybe something else!" And then Shulk sneezed and shivered.

It was the sneeze heard around the campus, or at least it seemed that way. Karane had taken notice. "You poor guy! Here, let me get you something like a coat or a blanket."

Before he knew it, Shulk was covered in coats and blankets, all brought to him by the girls while the guys stood there awkwardly. Elincia even brought him some hot cocoa. He blinked at it. "No thank you."

"It will warm you up." Elincia told him.

"Yeah, but it will also scald my tongue and I already had a hot supper."

"I never noticed before...how vibrant of a blue your eyes are." Zelda gave Shulk a small smile. "Is it true they glow and flash when you get a vision?"

Meanwhile back where the men were standing, Boyd elbowed his roommate, Reyn, in the ribs. "Look at that. All we have to do to be chick magnets is sit out here in the cold wearing nothing but a towel!"

"Or have that unique accent, apparently." Ike commented.

Link huffed. "My eyes are blue like that too!"

Dunban blew the whistle around his neck, causing everyone to stop talking and focus their attention on him. "The firemen found the source of the fire! It was in Men's Dorm 2, started in the oven!"

Reyn scolded Boyd. "Dude! You were supposed to watch that pizza and come get me in the game room when it was done!"

"Oh, I was supposed to watch it?"

"It doesn't matter who was supposed to watch it. You two put everyone in the dorm in danger. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

Boyd and Reyn hung their heads. "Yes, Dunban..." Reyn muttered.

Edited by Dragoncat

The Blond Bros' Bright Idea

Mario strolled into the university lounge hall, cash in his hand for the vending machines. He inserted a few coins into the snack machine and got a bag of chips, then did the same to the drink machine for a Pepsi. Then as he went to sit down, the sight in front of him made him gasp. Link and Shulk sitting on the couch in nothing but boxer shorts! "Mama Mia! What are you doing?"

"Oh, you didn't get the memo?" Shulk looked up and smirked. "Today's underwear day. Everybody has to just be in their underwear."

"What?"

"He's kidding." Link said. "We're having a contest. First one to get one of the girls interested in him wins."

"You two are crazy in the head." Mario rolled his eyes and walked away.

Link turned to his roommate. "His loss. I would've asked him to join the contest."

"Yo! Why are you sitting around in your undies?" Groose approached, nearly cracking up. Link explained it to him. "I'm joining the contest! I'll win for sure!" And then Groose stripped down to his underwear right in front of them. Shulk blinked and Link just rolled his eyes.

The lounge hall was fairly large, but they were in a high traffic area. Groose stood up and chased after Peach and Lyn as they walked past, Peach yelled at him to go away, Lyn threatened to kick his butt if he didn't. "You can't do that!" Link yelled. "You have to just sit here and let them come to you! That's the challenge! I'm sorry, but you're disqualified now." Groose put his clothes back on and stormed off.

Nabooru noticed the scene. One part of her was thinking, she was a supervisor, she shouldn't be condoning this. But another part of her was honestly admiring those good looking young men, mainly the one from her world. She found herself gravitating toward the couches.

"YOU BOYS CAN'T DO THAT!" Dunban came running. "You're welcome to wear as little clothing as you please in your own dorm, but here we wear pants!"

"Let me guess, Groose told you?" Shulk asked.

"Groose ruins everything!" Link whined.

"Put your clothes back on or else I'll be forced to make a report." Dunban's stern glare showed that he meant business. The blond boys had no choice but to obey.

Nabooru stopped a short distance from the couches. Okay, Dunban was quite handsome. She hadn't talked to him much, apparently he came from a continent that was actually some ancient giant titan thing? People LIVED on the thing's CORPSE?

She'd have to find an excuse to spend some time with this guy for sure.

Edited by Dragoncat

Groceries and Gerudos

It was Zelda's turn to make a grocery run. She and Celica had a good deal going on, where whoever's turn it was to get groceries would take the list that they agreed on together, and whoever stayed behind would do whatever other chore was needed like trash or dishes or both. Celica wanted to try to make some sort of tomato dish she found a recipe for. They had all the ingredients but the tomatoes. Of course, the staples like bread, milk, and eggs were also picked up.

As she was struggling with the bags, she heard a smooth, masculine voice calling to her. "You need help with those, young lady?"

Zelda looked up. "Oh! You're too kind, mister Dunban." She gave him three bags. "Just be careful on the stairs."

The stairwell outside the women's dorm was somewhat narrow and could be treacherous, but Zelda and Celica lived on the top floor, so it was necessary. Unfortunately today a little feathered critter had decided to nap next to the stairs hidden under the ledge, and it ran out squawking right between Zelda and Dunban. Dunban lost his balance and fell down the stairs, dropping the grocery bags.

"Oh goddesses!" Zelda gasped. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't know that cucco was there."

"I'm fine, but I can't say the same for your tomatoes." Dunban had tomatoes smashed on his face. He had done a faceplant in the bag that contained them.

"You landed pretty hard on your arm..."

"It's my bad arm though, so it doesn't really matter."

Zelda blinked. "I forgot you had a bad arm. I guess I shouldn't have given you three bags then." She paused and let out a sigh. "Well, now I'm going to have to tell Celica the tomatoes didn't make it and she can't try out that recipe."

Dunban reached into his pocket and pulled out a plastic card. "Here's my grocery card. Go get some new ones, return the card to me when you're done." He stood up, slightly stiff and slow, but managed to get to his feet.

"What was all that ruckus?!" Nabooru came out of the women's dorms.

"There was a cucco in the stairwell." Zelda explained. "And the help I had with my groceries biffed it." Celica came out and helped carry the rest of the bags in. Zelda accepted the grocery card and said she'd go back for replacement tomatoes later in the day. 

When the students were back in their dorm, Nabooru turned to Dunban. "You have tomato on your face. But it doesn't take away from your good looks." She chuckled at his expression, it looked like a mix between surprise and embarrassment. "You know, back in my home, only one man of my race is born every one hundred years-"

"That's PREPOSTEROUS. You must be JOKING."

Nabooru shook her head. "No, it's true. We have a longish lifespan, and we bring hylian men in to deepen the gene pool. The one male gerudo is always king, and he gets a harem of course. But what I'm getting at is, we're drawn to the tough warrior types, they have strong genes. I don't think a...homs? Is that what your race is called? Would be a problem. Especially not a handsome war veteran, even if he does have a crippled arm. Too bad the portals will reject anyone who doesn't belong in the world they go to, right?" And then she gave him a seductive wink.

"Uh. Time for me to go." Dunban was getting highly uncomfortable. "Good day to you, ma'am." And then he hightailed it out of there as fast as he could.

Mean Girls

Peach and Daisy had three of the other female students in their dorm for "girl talk."  Would have been four, but Elincia was off on a dinner date with her "radiant hero". They were feeling scandalous, so they had started up a game of never have I ever.

It was Daisy's turn to ask the question. "Never have I ever had sex in a barn."

Celica took a drink. She was the only one. She blinked when she noticed this and blushed slightly. "What can I say. Alm and I both grew up in a farming village...once we went back there for old times' sake and...yeah."

"Princesses do not have sex in barns!" Peach sounded appalled. Daisy just looked like she was about to crack up.

"Yeah, we don't." Melia agreed. "We do that in royal bedchambers. Apparently. I wouldn't know..."

Daisy smirked. "You're lying. I saw you sneak off with Shulk during the party last week!"

"Ooh! You've got to spill all the details! He's cute! Just as cute as Link, only he lacks the long ears." Zelda prodded.

"Yeah, is he a sweet lover? Is he good in bed?"

"DAISY!" Peach scolded.

Melia's face was almost as red as Celica's hair. Celica herself was remaining silent. "We never went...that far." The entia princess finally said after an awkward silence. "We would have, but...he was buzzed and he called me 'Fiora'. Caught himself right away afterward, but it was too late. The mood was already ruined."

"Alm had someone else interested in him named Faye, but he's never called me her name." Celica piped up. "That's really too bad. You're from his world, I know that, can entia and homs even mix? Just curious."

"I'm actually half homs, so yes, it's possible."

"Well if you're part homs why do you have head wings?"

Zelda blinked. "Oh my goddesses, Peach, you can't just ask people why they have wings."

Edited by Dragoncat