PSA: Legendary Ephraim won't return til late April

Johann

The English notes have an error in them, which makes it unclear when Ephraim and Gunnthra will return. After checking the French version, it appears that Ike and Gunnthra will be available in March (which would coincide with Fjorm's return).

Translation:

Gunnthra, Oneiric Voice, and Ike, Illustrious Redeemer, should be available again in March 2018. Ephraim, Legendary King, should be available again at the end of April.

If anyone wants to corroborate that with another language's notes, that'd be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Johann

So for the next Legendary Banner, we will have Fjorm for Blue, Gunnthrá for Green and Ike for Red?

If we consider only one Legendary Hero per color per banner, the next Legendary Hero will probably be a Colorless unit.
Also, there is the fact of maybe we will have only one hero per blessing per banner too, bacause now we have one hero of each element. But I don't believe the next hero will be a fire element again.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's interesting... Like @Diovani Bressan, I agree that this likely means we'll have at most one Legendary Hero per colour. Interesting!

As for Blessings, now that we have one of each colour I can see the next cycle being re-ordered, so we may have two Fire Heroes in a row, who knows?

My guess is that they'll keep cycling through the elements. In that case, the March one will be a colorless Water hero, followed by a Wind hero in April, probably in red.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So for the next Legendary Banner, we will have Fjorm for Blue, Gunnthrá for Green and Ike for Red?

If we consider only one Legendary Hero per color per banner, the next Legendary Hero will probably be a Colorless unit.
Also, there is the fact of maybe we will have only one hero per blessing per banner too, bacause now we have one hero of each element. But I don't believe the next hero will be a fire element again.

Yeah, I too agree that it's likely we get 1 hero of each color, even if it means multiples per element. Here's a breakdown of what we can anticipate:

• Ike, Gunnthra, and Fjorm are all slated to return, as the notifications have informed us
  • A new Legendary hero (colorless water) to match the elemental season, which have adhered to a pattern. Perhaps a new OC since there aren't many existing major FE characters that fit this criteria, while there are several referenced yet unseen OCs (King Gustav, unnamed Queen of Zenith, other Nifl sisters).
  • 4 Seasonal units, assuming the trend continues. Tiki and Elise are the only summer units who haven't appeared yet, so one is assured, both are possible. We're also assured at least one of the male performers, more likely Shigure since green is low on space here. Depending on how they arrange the seasonals, they might have to dip into Halloween early, which could be any of them except Henry. If the new hero is colorless, Nowi would be the most likely of these.
  • Mist is pretty much guaranteed, as she's the only non-seasonal 5* colorless unit who hasn't yet appeared on a banner
  • Rhajat and Lute are strong contenders, as they tend to cover newish 5* banners entirely, and they remain the last pieces of their respective banners
  • A slot normally reserved for Brave heroes may potentially be Brave Lyn again if they are cycling through
  • Remaining slot(s) would probably go to someone who's either newish, or hasn't been on a banner lately, like, I dunno, Saber

Here's my prediction:

Spoiler
  • Vanguard Ike
  • Nowi
  • Saber (I want to believe)
  • Fjorm
  • Shigure
  • Lute
  • Gunnthra
  • Tiki
  • Rhajat
  • New Colorless Water Nifl Sister (like, I dunno, a flying healer or whatever, named after a magic shoelace that Odin forgot to tie before going into his final battle)
  • Mist
  • Jakob

@Othin I'm absolutely convinced that the next Wind hero will be Lyn

Edited by Johann

Wait, what? Gunnthra returning next month doesn't make any sense considering the special heroes left in this particular set (Shigure, Tiki, Elise, Inigo), which is 1 blue and 3 green. It would be the perfect time for Gunnthra to sit out... I don't get IS's logic here. Unless:

a) Next LH banner will feature uneven colours, 3 red, 3 blue, 4 green and 2 colourless. As its been said, they're running out of 5* exclusive colourless units to use, and in this case the next Legendary Hero would HAVE to be colourless. Then again this isn't too likely as it would oversaturate the green focus pool and put those hunting for a particular green colour hero at a GREATER disadvantage (one of whom would be ME)

b) They go out of sync with how they sort the seasonals. Which would mean one of the greens would not return until April, and if NS! Elise is that unit I will literally go insane. This month was bad enough for not including her. But I think Inigo would be the most likely as I reckon IS would want the Summer units out of the way, so either they will fill the last colourless slot with ToD! Sakura or ToD! Jakob, or a red slot with ToD! Nowi if they cycle the Brave Heroes as it has been said.

I guess the Legendary Heroes are the main focus after all, and if they wanna keep it to one per colour... then why couldn't Ephraim have been saved till later. Then this wouldn't be a problem. Either way, all this does is plant a bit of doubt in my mind as to whether NS! Elise will be in the next LH banner or not. Here's hoping.

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, I too agree that it's likely we get 1 hero of each color, even if it means multiples per element. Here's a breakdown of what we can anticipate:

• Ike, Gunnthra, and Fjorm are all slated to return, as the notifications have informed us
  • A new Legendary hero (colorless water) to match the elemental season, which have adhered to a pattern. Perhaps a new OC since there aren't many existing major FE characters that fit this criteria, while there are several referenced yet unseen OCs (King Gustav, unnamed Queen of Zenith, other Nifl sisters).
  • 4 Seasonal units, assuming the trend continues. Tiki and Elise are the only summer units who haven't appeared yet, so one is assured, both are possible. We're also assured at least one of the male performers, more likely Shigure since green is low on space here. Depending on how they arrange the seasonals, they might have to dip into Halloween early, which could be any of them except Henry. If the new hero is colorless, Nowi would be the most likely of these.
  • Mist is pretty much guaranteed, as she's the only non-seasonal 5* colorless unit who hasn't yet appeared on a banner
  • Rhajat and Lute are strong contenders, as they tend to cover newish 5* banners entirely, and they remain the last pieces of their respective banners
  • A slot normally reserved for Brave heroes may potentially be Brave Lyn again if they are cycling through
  • Remaining slot(s) would probably go to someone who's either newish, or hasn't been on a banner lately, like, I dunno, Saber

Here's my prediction:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Vanguard Ike
  • Nowi
  • Fjorm
  • Shigure
  • Lute
  • Gunnthra
  • Tiki
  • Rhajat
  • New Colorless Water Nifl Sister (like, I dunno, a flying healer or whatever, named after a magic shoelace that Odin forgot to tie before going into his final battle)
  • Mist
  • Brave Lyn

@Othin I'm absolutely convinced that the next Wind hero will be Lyn

Your list has only three seasonals instead of four, which I believe is a first. I'd replace Rhajat with Elise to wrap up the summer banners, but looks plausible otherwise.

Wonder what they'll do with the colorless slot moving forward. Jakob and Sakura are two new options once they start doing the Halloween banner, but they're really all that's left out of the current options until we reach the New Year's banner, so they may have to start repeating more than Lyn soon. Genny was the other first non-seasonal colorless on one of these, so maybe her at some point?

Lyn is definitely a possibility, if they're planning on having her be a sword user. There are a lot of red Legendary Hero candidates and not many colorless ones, so I do think it's possible that she'll go for bows again, although of course both Ike and Ephraim are sticking to their regular weapons. So we'll have to see where things go.

10 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Wait, what? Gunnthra returning next month doesn't make any sense considering the special heroes left in this particular set (Shigure, Tiki, Elise, Inigo), which is 1 blue and 3 green. It would be the perfect time for Gunnthra to sit out... I don't get IS's logic here. Unless:

a) Next LH banner will feature uneven colours, 3 red, 3 blue, 4 green and 2 colourless. As its been said, they're running out of 5* exclusive colourless units to use, and in this case the next Legendary Hero would HAVE to be colourless. Then again this isn't too likely as it would oversaturate the green focus pool and put those hunting for a particular green colour hero at a GREATER disadvantage (one of whom would be ME)

b) They go out of sync with how they sort the seasonals. Which would mean one of the greens would not return until April, and if NS! Elise is that unit I will literally go insane. This month was bad enough for not including her. But I think Inigo would be the most likely as I reckon IS would want the Summer units out of the way, so either they will fill the last colourless slot with ToD! Sakura or ToD! Jakob, or a red slot with ToD! Nowi if they cycle the Brave Heroes as it has been said.

I guess the Legendary Heroes are the main focus after all, and if they wanna keep it to one per colour... then why couldn't Ephraim have been saved till later. Then this wouldn't be a problem. Either way, all this does is plant a bit of doubt in my mind as to whether NS! Elise will be in the next LH banner or not. Here's hoping.

It's because of the maximum of one Legendary Hero per color. They seem to be cycling through elements: Ephraim was first because he was the first Fire hero they wanted to feature, and Gunnthra will take a break once they finally make another green one. (Probably the next Earth hero, in 3 months?)

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Your list has only three seasonals instead of four, which I believe is a first. I'd replace Rhajat with Elise to wrap up the summer banners, but looks plausible otherwise.

Wonder what they'll do with the colorless slot moving forward. Jakob and Sakura are two new options once they start doing the Halloween banner, but they're really all that's left out of the current options until we reach the New Year's banner, so they may have to start repeating more than Lyn soon. Genny was the other first non-seasonal colorless on one of these, so maybe her at some point?

Lyn is definitely a possibility, if they're planning on having her be a sword user. There are a lot of red Legendary Hero candidates and not many colorless ones, so I do think it's possible that she'll go for bows again, although of course both Ike and Ephraim are sticking to their regular weapons. So we'll have to see where things go.

Whoops, didn't double check it before posting it. Changed it a little.

I think they're definitely in rough place due to how many sword lords there are, and so I'd expect to see units like Takumi, Camilla, and Robin pop up before ones like Eliwood or Seliph.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Whoops, didn't double check it before posting it. Changed it a little.

I think they're definitely in rough place due to how many sword lords there are, and so I'd expect to see units like Takumi, Camilla, and Robin pop up before ones like Eliwood or Seliph.

That's certainly a way of addressing it. Wonder what other options there might be. Staff Elincia, maybe?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Uh, Jakob is a 4-5 star unit, so I doubt he'll be there. The legendary banners use 5 star exclusive units.

He must be talking about Trick or Defeat Jakob (the good Jakob).

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

He must be talking about Trick or Defeat Jakob (the good Jakob).

Oh. I don't think Halloween units will be appearing yet since summer and performing arts haven't finished.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Wait, what? Gunnthra returning next month doesn't make any sense considering the special heroes left in this particular set (Shigure, Tiki, Elise, Inigo), which is 1 blue and 3 green. It would be the perfect time for Gunnthra to sit out... I don't get IS's logic here.

Vanguard Ike's banner had 2 YS units, 1 NS unit and 1 PA unit, and Legendary Ephraim's banner has 1 YS unit, 2 NS unit and 1 PA unit, so they don't only use 2 special banners per Legendary Banner. I am sure one of the units you mentioned (Shigure, Tiki, Elise, Inigo) will not appear in the next banner. My vote is for Inigo. I don't believe they will put 2 dancers in the next Legendary Banner, keeping Inigo for the April's banner, along side some Halloween units or even Christmas units.

i think they start with the halloween ones. but will later on shift towards „Refined/upgraded weapon“ note how the refined weapons are well balanced in terms of colour. 

red: 

all falchion users, Leo, Seliph Eldigan, Caeda etc

blue: Hinoka, Linde etc

green: Soren, Merric

colorless: Felicia

they might start this

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Here's my prediction:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Vanguard Ike
  • Nowi
  • Fjorm
  • Shigure
  • Lute
  • Gunnthra
  • Tiki
  • Rhajat
  • Mist
  • Jakob

If we are right about the colorless hero, and if he/she is a Nifl's hero, I believe SHE (yes, she) will be a Healer too.
Fjorm and Gunnthrá have, at least, one more sister, and I believe she is the younger one. Normally we have the young sister who use staff stereotype (Maria, Lissa, Sakura, Elise), and having her as a flying unit would be awesome. Mabe she will be in a flying creature only found in Nifl.

@Johann as a very salty FTP mist fan who has yet to get her, you had better be right, because I am going to start hoarding orbs for the next legendary banner and I am sacrificing continuing to try for hector for this.

4 hours ago, Johann said:

legendarynote.png.e14209fcce2220ef8480f4d46d03a340.png

The two notifications seem to be inconsistent... In the English one, Ike and Ephraim are planned for March. In the French one, it's Gunnthra and Ike.

I'd say the english one is correct because we got : 
- Fjorm in Gunnthra's banner
- Fjorm and Gunnthra in Ike's banner
- Gunnthra and Ike in Ephraim's.

So the English notification means :
- Ike and Ephraim in March LH's banner
- Ephraim and March LH for April LH's.
which follows the pattern of last LH banners.

Edited by Luxian

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. I don't think Halloween units will be appearing yet since summer and performing arts haven't finished.

There's no way they can fit the remaining summer units and performing arts because there are 3 greens between them, and Gunnthra is returning. Kinda forces them to go into Halloween.

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

@Johann as a very salty FTP mist fan who has yet to get her, you had better be right, because I am going to start hoarding orbs for the next legendary banner and I am sacrificing continuing to try for hector for this.

Just going by the trends, it makes sense. Dunno what your orb situation like, but it's a whole month away, so you're gonna get like a good 250 orbs if you don't get tempted during March, so, I dunno, have hope or something.

7 minutes ago, Luxian said:

The two notifications seem to be inconsistent... In the English one, Ike and Ephraim are planned for March. In the French one, it's Gunnthra and Ike.

I'd say the english one is correct because we got : 
- Fjorm in Gunnthra's banner
- Fjorm and Gunnthra in Ike's banner
- Gunnthra and Ike in Ephraim's.

So the English notification means :
- Ike and Ephraim in March LH's banner
- Ephraim and March LH for April LH's.
which follows the pattern of last LH banners.

People playing in other languages have backed up the French notification. Only the English one has the error. What it might suggest, however, is that when we have multiple legendaries of the same color, they may cycle through banners. In other words, Ephraim every odd month, Fjorm every even month, until we add a 3rd blue into the mix.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

People playing in other languages have backed up the French notification. Only the English one has the error. What it might suggest, however, is that when we have multiple legendaries of the same color, they may cycle through banners. In other words, Ephraim every odd month, Fjorm every even month, until we add a 3rd blue into the mix.

Ok, my bad, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. ^^

Since the next legendary hero will follow Ephraim, who boosts Def, and they'll probably be a water hero like Fjorm, who boosts Spd, I'm guessing they'll boost one of the other two stats: Atk or Res. My guess is Res, personally.

Honestly the only thing about legendary banners that interest me is a shot at limited units I did not get the first time, I really hope H!Jakob is on the next banner and I am able to pull him this time.  I honestly be very surprised if Ephraim is the one legendary hero to not be on the March banner since he was just added, but who knows how IS thinks?

45 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Honestly the only thing about legendary banners that interest me is a shot at limited units I did not get the first time, I really hope H!Jakob is on the next banner and I am able to pull him this time.  I honestly be very surprised if Ephraim is the one legendary hero to not be on the March banner since he was just added, but who knows how IS thinks?

I guess they want to rotate Fjorm back in, and keep alternating between the two until another blue legendary hero shows up.

Aside from the first colorless legendary hero, future heroes probably won't get an immediate rerun anymore, now that they're sharing colors with past ones.