Top 10 best ideas for Fire Emblem villains

1. An animal rights activist who orders his solders to steal animals from people to set them free

2. A band of thieves who try to steal the Fire Emblem

3. A villain who kills himself shortly before he loses

4. A terrorist organization who wants to make animals the dominant species instead of humans

5. A terrorist organization who wants to destroy emotions

6. A lower ranking enemy General who's secretly the mastermind behind the scenes

7. A mad scientist who wants to create a race of anthropomorphic animals to conquer the world

8. An evil dictator who tries to slaughter a large group of people who believe in a certain religion

9. An evil dictator who has a deep hatred towards the main protagonist

10. An evil dictator who tries to turn useless machines into weapons of mass destruction

How about a pair of twins, one of them emotional and the other logical, who claim to be two parts of one person's psyche that split before birth. They conquer the lands, trying to get people to "awaken" their primal instincts to experience their "true psyche" like them. In reality, all who are subjected to their efforts go insane. Since this is Fire Emblem, there has to be a dragon, so these two are actually gathering power for a broken ancient dragon who seeks to rise again. Whenever someone loses control, their psyche is sent to the dragon, healing it and reviving it that much more. 

1 hour ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

1. An animal rights activist who orders his solders to steal animals from people to set them free

I really like this idea for either a prologue/chapter 1 villain or a recruitable character.

One idea for a Fire Emblem villain I had was the lord from the previous game. You now play as the side opposite his, and your army and country view him as the tyrant that salted their fields and destroyed their nation's pride. Naturally you aren't very fond of him. It'd be interesting to see how it would play out - would the old lord maintain his kind heart from the game you played as him, or would power corrupt?

How about a villain who wins? Just make the game end in guaranteed loss if certain conditions are not met, and make it at least end in a stalemate-esque situation if those conditions are met, so the hero never truly wins.

2 hours ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

Pokemon BW1 Fire Emblem edition?

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

One idea for a Fire Emblem villain I had was the lord from the previous game. You now play as the side opposite his, and your army and country view him as the tyrant that salted their fields and destroyed their nation's pride. Naturally you aren't very fond of him. It'd be interesting to see how it would play out - would the old lord maintain his kind heart from the game you played as him, or would power corrupt?

It makes me wonder what if Ike (and Elincia?) went down this path in Radiant Dawn. Or as a sequel to the past FE titles with Roy, Marth etc as the big bads?

Edited by henrymidfields

How about Garon from Fates?

Ok, bear with me. I mean if he had been done properly - the tortured king of a barren nation, at war with himself over whether to be pragmatic or empathetic. His 'gruff, villainous' persona is a projection of strength - to lead his people through times of great famine. His incessant guerrilla attacks on Hoshido are not out of simple spite - but are rather uncontrolled outbursts of Nohrians looking for food from their bountiful neighbours, who have refused Nohr and Garon aid based on his... treatment of the Ice Tribes, or something? This refusal leads to the embitterment of Nohrians, whose raids on Hoshido turn to pillaging rather than simple thievery. 

Then Iago can be the true 'villain' of the piece, goading Garon down the most brutal path for the good of the country - often against the king's more sympathetic side. And then, since it's Fire Emblem, he can embrace some dragon's power and become the villain the Hoshidans made him into.

Gosh, prompts like this thread always make me lament the missed opportunity that was Fire Emblem Fates.

9 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

I really like this idea for either a prologue/chapter 1 villain or a recruitable character.

What about the exact opposite? Like the villain of the game is The Hero of the sequel.
They literally set about an entire game redemption arc.
Kind of like Camus did as Zeke and Sirius, but on a bigger level, as they're there all game.