Funny examples of Gameplay Story Segregation?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CyberController said:

Dorcas can kill his own wife. Dude, what.

He was just caught up in the heat of the moment. He clearly just started throwing axes without a care in the world. 

Another great one is that Garcia has a support with Dolza and they try to shoot arrows and suck. The problem? Garcia could possible have an S rank in bows at that point. 

1 hour ago, CyberController said:

Rinkah has some pretty nice muscles, and is nearly naked. But she has low strength growths, but good defense growths. Seems backwards.

Azura has higher strength growths then her, the slender songstress is super strong.

Forget about Azura - her strength and HP growths are lower than those of frigging Sakura.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'm doing a healer playthrough of classic lunatic Birthright for fun. I got a laugh during some scenes where the avatar fought Faceless with a healing rod XD

If you support Karel and Guy, you probably leveled Guy, in which case he would probably wreck Karel in a link arena 1v1, but he's a super-chump in the story compared to Karel.

Tons of similar examples, like Donnel being a big scrub in all of his supports, despite the possibility of him being leveled. Supporting a fully leveled character with a Jeigan yields similar results.

Any chapter boss who is a "tactician". "Yeah, I'm the only one who can deal damage to that knight over there, but if I wasn't sitting here, who would be?" 

Pretty much the level cap in general. "Marcus, you're just not learning anything anymore. I need you to sit out." "Okay, call me in 15 years, I'll be ready to learn again. But I'll probably forget some stuff in the meantime."

If you bring a character back with Aum, like I did with Xane in an Ironman run of Shadow Dragon recently, you'll find like I did their conversations with characters (in this case Tiki) are (naturally) unchanged. I couldn't help but find it hilarious how Tiki didn't bat an eyelid at Xane coming back from the dead and talking to her as if he'd been part of the army all along when due to carelessness I lost him when during the enemy phase he caught up to Marth.

13 hours ago, CyberController said:

Rinkah has some pretty nice muscles, and is nearly naked. But she has low strength growths, but good defense growths. Seems backwards.

Azura has higher strength growths then her, the slender songstress is super strong.

Same deal with Felicia who is portrayed as some kind of combat goddess while having extremely low strenght. They honestly should just have switched Jacob and Felicia's growths around with Jacob focusing on support and Felicia focusing on combat.

12 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Lilith bravely sacrificing herself....to save Corrin from like 5 points of damage.

Lillith dying to a hit that would have normally done zero damage to her, you mean.

11 hours ago, CyberController said:

Corrin constantly calls their siblings Big Brother/Big Sister, even if they romance them. Weirdo.

When Eirika and Ephraim get jokes about being incestous while Corrin literally can refer to their lover as "big brother/sister"

On 8.3.2018 at 1:23 AM, CyberController said:

Corrin constantly calls their siblings Big Brother/Big Sister, even if they romance them. Weirdo.

On 8.3.2018 at 12:34 PM, Mad-manakete said:

When Eirika and Ephraim get jokes about being incestous while Corrin literally can refer to their lover as "big brother/sister"

It's worse in Japanese, since the younger siblings never refer to their older siblings as anything but "big brother/sister" (like Kamui-neesan).

With Takumi having lines like "What would mother think, if she could see us now?" and Leo saying stuff like "What are you doing to your little brother... just kidding." during intimate moments (while having an canon incest crush on Camilla) I think this one is only partly down to developer's laziness and very much intentional on the whole...ugh

Leaving creepville behind, I always found the herons killing people with magic cards hilarious. Here are the most peaceful creatures in all of Tellius potentially (i.e. with a lot of effort) blasting their way through enemy lines. I mean it's in character for Reyson to use every means at his disposal to fight for himself, but seeing a terrified Rafiel just own Lekain makes it worth all the time it takes to set up.

7 hours ago, CyberController said:

Apparently, Nohr is a warlike country with a strong army, and Hoshido is a peaceful country that avoids unnecessary violence.

But then, why is the route where you fight Hoshido harder then the one where you fight Nohr?

That one can be easily explained. Hoshido was a small but very skilled army while Nohr has a huge army because they let any random psychopath join their army.

I remember finding a funny oversight in one of the early PoR chapters. I'd lost Boyd early on and continued for some reason (I guess back then, I didn't start resetting a lot yet). And then right after the chapter where you recruit Mist and Rolf, Rolf said he "nearly shot an arrow into Boyd's back side."

I didn't know Boyd's ghost was in the group, or that you could hit him! :P

Edited by Anacybele

In L'arachel's support with Ephraim, she says that "a naked shoulder is a big deal" when Ephraim takes off his armour to show his injuries to her.

Her sprite has exposed shoulders.

20 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

In L'arachel's support with Ephraim, she says that "a naked shoulder is a big deal" when Ephraim takes off his armour to show his injuries to her.

Her sprite has exposed shoulders.

Don't see any break in logic there. After all, L'arcachel would certainly consider herself to be a big deal.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't see any break in logic there. After all, L'arcachel would certainly consider herself to be a big deal.

Haha, well played there!

Anyway, another OOC moment: In Joshua's recruitment, he claims that Natasha's life is in the hands of luck. No RNG is actually involved...

4 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Anyway, another OOC moment: In Joshua's recruitment, he claims that Natasha's life is in the hands of luck. No RNG is actually involved...

Except Joshua is an experienced cheat at gambling and lied about it being a game: he rigged that coin flip.