Funny examples of Gameplay Story Segregation?

Any time two characters end a support conversation angry or otherwise less than amiable towards each other, and it counts as a relationship "improvement".

Inigo: "Hey Lucina, I think you need to smile more. Tickle, tickle, tickle!"

Lucina:"HAHA STOP INIGO A VILLAGE JUST BURNED DOWN - STOP!"

Inigo: "But-"

Lucina: "Just. Stop. Talking."

Inigo: "Okay..." *walks away visibly hurt*

Lucina: "...Why did I yell? He was just trying to make me feel better..."

Inigo and Lucina's relationship reached B Rank.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Combat Forecast:

Camilla will have a big smile when about to beat up her older brother.

Kaze has a big smile when about to attack his brother.

Azura will have a sadistic grin when about to kill her mom again.

Corrin will smile when fighting their siblings or Mikoto.

Takumi and Sakura will smile when about to attack Ryoma. (Okay, maybe not too far fetched for the former)

Edited by CyberController

On 4/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, Jotari said:

Soldiers don't just trade their stuff willy nilly in the army. They work with the equipment they're given. The same soldiers fly the same planes and use the same guns. Sure, if someone's about to get killed a person might throw over their weapon, but that's a level of examination smaller than the scope of Genalogy and it's continent spanning war. In that regard, the only thing that's unrealistic about it is that you can't choose who to distribute a new weapon or item to when you first obtain it (which is definitely something I would be on for seeing added).

I just noticed that in Berwick Saga, any character who is a mercenary, meaning almost everyone, has their inventories locked at the start of the game. You can give stuff to them and trade it around, but whatever they start with, weak or strong, is untradeable.

Once that character is permanently recruited, then you can move their initial gear, if it is still intact after all this time, around freely. The reason I guess is that they now willingly and wholeheartedly join your cause and trust you.

That might be a decent compromise between free range trading and FE4. Friendships make free trade possible.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just noticed that in Berwick Saga, any character who is a mercenary, meaning almost everyone, has their inventories locked at the start of the game. You can give stuff to them and trade it around, but whatever they start with, weak or strong, is untradeable.

Once that character is permanently recruited, then you can move their initial gear, if it is still intact after all this time, around freely. The reason I guess is that they now willingly and wholeheartedly join your cause and trust you.

That might be a decent compromise between free range trading and FE4. Friendships make free trade possible.

Well, as someone suggested, I'd definitely be on for free trade between lovers and siblings.

14 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Not being able to freely trade items sounds stupid and unnecessarily complex.

Anyway, what about Yarne's death quote?  He says...“And so a race...goes extinct...”, even if you've married Yarne and have a Taguel Morgan with her.

His race is already extinct with him as the Taguel bloodline will eventually dilute over the generations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 5:33 AM, CyberController said:

Nina's skill (Daydreamer), happens even if she's next to brothers (ie Kaze and Saizo, Ryoma and Takumi, and Xander and Leo) paired up.

....no.

Is that out of character, or is Nina just into that type of thing?

On 4/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, CyberController said:

Nina's skill (Daydreamer), happens even if she's next to brothers (ie Kaze and Saizo, Ryoma and Takumi, and Xander and Leo) paired up.

....no.

I don't see what's strange about that. What exactly is the implication of Daydream meant to be?

52 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't see what's strange about that. What exactly is the implication of Daydream meant to be?

She’s a yaoi fangirl. The implication is that she’s daydreaming that paired up male characters are in a relationship.

1 hour ago, CyberController said:

She’s a yaoi fangirl. The implication is that she’s daydreaming that paired up male characters are in a relationship.

Meh. The game already let's you ship siblings. Taboo is already broken.

1 minute ago, CyberController said:

Not blood related siblings, though. The closest is Azura, and she's just Corrin's cousin.

Yeah, but when it comes to blood relation, I don't think yaoi makes all that big a difference. After all, the whole reason blood related incest is a bad idea is due to potential birth defects. Not to imply incest would otherwise be fine, it's not, as there's an inevitable power imbalance in a relationship with people who grew up together, but like, Fates already broke the social taboo with the regular Corrin shipping, so it's not really worse than that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 7:06 AM, DragonFlames said:

And with that argument taken into consideration, anytime a Hoshidan calls out a Nohrian on "having no honour" just makes them a hypocritical asshole. Which in Takumi's case MIGHT actually not be too far from the truth. He's got the asshole part down pretty neatly, at least.
Thank you, you just gave me another reason to hate my least favourite character.

You didn't have enough reasons to hate emo pineapple?

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, CyberController said:

Sadly, incest fandoms are pretty popular >.<

Just have to look at Supernatural for that. Wouldn't be amazingly out of character for Nina to be similar...

Edited by Cute Chao

• 2 weeks later...

Takumi's theme song says that he can "be so magic", when he has some of the worst magic growths in the game.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:50 AM, Cute Chao said:

Sadly, incest fandoms are pretty popular >.<

Just have to look at Supernatural for that. Wouldn't be amazingly out of character for Nina to be similar...

• 2 months later...