SD PMU: 3-Star Difficulty (Plus Possible LP)

So I've been wanting to play this game again... possibly even LP it to put my own spin on it like I've been doing with Valkyria Chronicles (which actually sorta was a PMU, too, and am... still slowly in the process of doing).  Lemme give you the low down.

• I will be using 14 units besides Marth.  I will be using Marth and the fourteen others until endgame, but no one else except when I need to recruit units.  The number is, incidentally, based off of the number of units one can take to the final chapter.
  • I am playing a modified version of the game (that I patched myself, mind you) that lets me play the Gaiden chapters without killing troops off like some ritualistic lunatic, so I'll have access to the units gained in those chapters.  This also means that I won't get Gotoh, I believe, unless the hack somehow changed that.
  • Because I'm not playing on Normal (I'm playing Savage difficulty, which is somewhere in the middle between Hard and Merciless), I'll be starting only with the traditional team, most of whom I won't even be using
  • I'm not aiming for low turn counts or anything like that, so I'm probably not gonna abuse warp staves to beat the chapters in one turn or whatever.  I'm not a meta-gamer.
  • No real limits on forges, but I don't often use the forge anyway because I'm a philistine.  I'm not saying that I'll let people pick my weapons or anything; I'm just letting everyone know this.
  • Stat boosters and Anna's shops are fair game.  Not like I particularly need all of that stuff too much, but they'll be a failsafe in case one of my allies winds up sucking too much.
  • I will actually use allies in their original classes up until the soonest briefing screen.  So for example, I will use Maria as a cleric in the level she joins in, but she will switch to pegasus knight as soon as I get to the next chapter.

I'll be using the following units:

Spoiler
  1. Marth (Lord)
  2. Caeda (Wyvern Lord)
  3. Athena (Sniper)
  4. Linde (Bishop)
  5. Hardin (Swordmaster)
  6. Matthis (Lame-ass Auxiliary)
  7. Caesar (Dark Mage with negative defense growths)
  8. Castor (Berserk Boy)
  9. Minerva (Paladin of Justice)
  10. Palla (Sororicider Sniper)
  11. Ogma (Dank-ass Hunter)
  12. Julian (Wiki-Leaks Founder)
  13. Barst (says "Ahoy, Maties!")
  14. Bantu-Tiki (first use Bantu, drop Bantu for Tiki)
  15. Maria (taking her sister's Wyvern)

Edited by Ertrick36

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You'll get Caeda, but I honestly want to limit the Wing spear a bit. Maybe.

How about this; I'll only use the one Wing Spear she starts with.

What class should she be?  I'm assuming Wyvern Lord or Paladin since you mentioned a lance.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

How about this; I'll only use the one Wing Spear she starts with.

What class should she be?  I'm assuming Wyvern Lord or Paladin since you mentioned a lance.

It's a shame there isn't a class that promotes and gets lances, otherwise I'd say that.

You'll probably need the wyvern lord and she'll need the strength.

38 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Because no Norne and Gaiden access, Archer!Athena.

That vill do, and I am glad I vill get to use a character from a Gaiden chapter.

5 minutes ago, Lunarly said:

Linde as a Bishop

Okay, so good news is that it's a class she could do well in, but the bad news is I can't use Aura right away in spite of the fact that I'm using the primary Aura user.

At least I get to have a healer, though.

Swordmaster Hardin. Be sure to give him the Silver Sword! (Preferably a forged one, but that's your call of course)

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

4 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Swordmaster Hardin. Be sure to give him the Silver Sword!

I am so glad someone gave me Hardin.

And I most certainly will give him that silver sword.  His hands will be the only ones that touch it in fact, unless he's going all Star Wars on his foes and chopping off their hands.

Hmm.... How about Dark Mage!Caesar with his glorious 1 base skill and 0% Def growth? If you forge a tome for him, please call it DeBelloGrao (which should barely fit without spaces).

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm... Matthis. Let's spice things up. Whatever class you feel he'd be less bad in.

I knew someone would give me dumbo.

He will always be outshined by whoever else is sharing his class, so I'm thinking maybe whichever class will make him less of a liability.

He'll be the auxiliary until I find his place.

8 hours ago, ping said:

Hmm.... How about Dark Mage!Caesar with his glorious 1 base skill and 0% Def growth? If you forge a tome for him, please call it DeBelloGrao (which should barely fit without spaces).

Since he actually has a magic growth, I can't say no to that.

I'll probably make that and a bunch of other tomes that reference ancient Rome.  And maybe one called "Salad".

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'll be nice and give you Castor.  As a berserker! :P:

Berserker Castor?  He must be pretty mad that his mother keeps getting sick.

6 hours ago, Gradivus. said:

Paladin!Minerva

And I'm glad someone gave me another one of this world's best characters (imo).

Unfortunately, Caeda or Castor will be stealing her axe.  I'll have to make up for it by giving her one of the Regalia instead.  Camus, you wanna share?

6 hours ago, Ether said:

Sniper!Palla

And I get a Whitewing, but de-winged.

What irony that she's now gonna be a unit that does effective damage against fliers.  If I don't get Est, I have a horrible idea.

Alright, I gave this PMU the timeframe of a week to get going without needing this...

Anyone who has posted here can provide another unit if they want.  I only need five more units.  If another week goes by without all the unit slots being filled, I will use a random number generator to give me units, and then get going with that.

I might as well throw you a bone and give you a thief. . .Julian, that is.  His combat's gonna suck, but at least you can loot to your heart's content!

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Yar har fiddle dee dee. Barst is now up in your party. Does as he wants cuz a Pirate is he. Barst is a Pirate!

(TLDR Pirate Barst)

Thank Naga for that TLDR; I don't think I could bear reading that whole one line paragraph.

So Barst is a free man, eh?  I guess he will do what he wants, including walk on water.  It's probably his hair, which is as blue as the ocean.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I might as well throw you a bone and give you a thief. . .Julian, that is.  His combat's gonna suck, but at least you can loot to your heart's content!

Well, Julian will be the one throwing bones... into locks... because he apparently has a Skeleton Key.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

You get an Ogma!

Ogma gets a Horse!

Everybody wins!

(Hunter Ogma, btw)

I can't wait for the showdown between Ogma and a bear where Ogma one-shots the bear.  He only hunts the biggest of game; he has no time for small, pathetic things like birds or rabbits.  Do you know how he got that scar?!

Just two more.  Who will join Math on his journey to kill Medeus and clip the Whitewings?  Please, someone select Tiki so that I don't have to kill her.

On 4.3.2018 at 7:26 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Since he actually has a magic growth, I can't say no to that.

Hey, I'm not a monster. ;) My other thought was Cord (he was the one with +10% mag, right?), but I think I like Caesar's stat spread better.

On 10.3.2018 at 1:50 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Please, someone select Tiki so that I don't have to kill her.

must...resist...being...monster...

Well, alright, have it your way. ;) I would've preferred Bantu, though - would it be possible to vote Bantu, but replace him with Tiki in the very last chapter? The ol' Aum-reversed Tiki-suicide tactic should still work that way, right?

1 hour ago, ping said:

Well, alright, have it your way. ;) I would've preferred Bantu, though - would it be possible to vote Bantu, but replace him with Tiki in the very last chapter? The ol' Aum-reversed Tiki-suicide tactic should still work that way, right?

I will only use characters selected in the PMU, plus one of the divine dragons if they weren't selected.  That could potentially mean that I'm inclined to kill any recruitable enemies unless they're too much of a pain to kill.  But you know what, I'll meet you half-way; I'll actually use Banter until I get to Tiki.  I think that's fair, given that Tiki shows up fairly late (literally the chapter right before you take on Grust), and I need Bantu to recruit Tiki in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Aum-reversed Tiki-suicide tactic".  Are you talking about the exploit to get to the final Gaiden chapter without losing either Tiki or the good Falchion?  Because remember that I'm using a hack that eliminates the Gaiden requirements; I'm pretty sure that applies to the last Gaiden as well.

6 hours ago, Mega Koopa X said:

Pegasus Knight Maria

Hmm...  I'm very reticent to accept a magic unit as a physical unit, especially one that is as much a liability as Maria.  Is she good for anything as a pegasus knight (maybe as a mage killer or something to that effect), or did you intentionally give me a really bad unit?

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Hmm...  I'm very reticent to accept a magic unit as a physical unit, especially one that is as much a liability as Maria.  Is she good for anything as a pegasus knight (maybe as a mage killer or something to that effect), or did you intentionally give me a really bad unit?

Minerva and Michalis are both Dracoknights so Peg!Maria only makes sense. Once she promotes, she'll be pretty serviceable, especially if you can get her lance rank to C to use forged Ridersbanes. Maria is general is by no means good in most classes but you do you, if you do use her I would be interested to see how she turns out.