• Lianna
    • Alfonse
    • Sharena

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My favourites are Chrom and Celica because they feel the most human out of all of them.
Least favourite is Rowan for just being plain obnoxious.

PuT mE iN!

13 minutes ago, redtutel said:

My favorite so far is Alm. I like his "farm boy to war hero to king" arc, and his voice acting makes him very endearing. 

I don't like lord bashing, so I refuse to pick a least favorite. 

Itsuki is like such a non-character you could just say he's your least favorite (I like the other TMS characters but he's like nonexistent)

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

lEaVe iT tO mE!

Rowan reminds me of CDI link now that I think about it... wonder if they'll add him to the Hyrule Warriors remake?

Ike and Micaiah duke it out for the number one spot in my heart and my least favorite would be Corrin with Celica, Alm and Lyn sharing the spot just above him.

I don't really like a lot of lords, but of all of them, Marth is my favourite because I think he is a great character, and just, he was the first lord I met and I got into FE because he is a handsome devil.

Least favourite is Ike, due to being treated like a god in every scene he appears in, being a mary sue, taking up spotlight from in my opinion, better lords, and me just not really liking his personality.

Marth is my favourite Lord, FE character, main in Smash, and is probably my favourite video game character of all time, though BotW!Link is quickly climbing the ranks. Marth is just...so good? I don't want to sound like a broken record, so I won't go into detail but...he's just a beautiful boy whose life was turned upside down in the span of a few hours. Bless him.

Roy is runner-up, though Eliwood is quickly catching him up.

Corrin is my least favourite Lord. They're just really bad. Take them out of Fates and plonk them anywhere else and they're great though. Ike is awful, but let's not start arguments, okay?

I don't like Rowan but his voice is growing on me, so he's just a tad better than Ike and Corrin.

On the subject of Itsuki...I fecking love this boy. He just wants his friends to be happy. Also...he's voiced by Kimura Ryohei, who voiced Kise Ryouta from KnB, need I say more? 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:02 PM, Fala~of~Velthomer said:

Sigurd is by far my favorite my lord followed by Leaf and FE3-Marth. Also, Siegfried from the Last Promise is another fantastic lord as well, I probably would've picked him if he was an option.

Corrin is by far my least favorite-.They're so bland and boring and I thought Fates in general was a pretty terrible game. I like my Fire Emblem to have as much medieval simulation as possible so Fates' heavy anime feel was big turn off.  I don't mean to hate on anyone who loves Fates, it's just for me, it's really hard to top Jugdral and Monshou no Nazo-era Akenia or Kaga Emblem in general for that matter.

I am not offended - but if I may be frank, I strongly disagree that it's hard to top Jugdral, knowing that the gameplay of both Jugdral games is TERRIBLE, and that both games have a boatload of problems. Sigurd being rather bland doesn't help its case. And I'm not convinced Leif is so praiseworthy, either...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Oh wow. Thanks for including Itsuki. Now I don't need to come up with any excuse as to why Chrom is marginally less interesting than the others. I can just straight up vote for possibly the most boring and generic character ever created.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. Thanks for including Itsuki. Now I don't need to come up with any excuse as to why Chrom is marginally less interesting than the others. I can just straight up vote for possibly the most boring and generic character ever created.

BUT I STILL FORGOT LUCINA! no problem btw.

I voted for Micaiah for my favourite lord and was surprised to see her in the lead (I thought she was disliked, for some reason).

Don't really have a less favourite so I just picked Sigurd I guess, since I'm sort of indifferent towards him. I'd like to note in passing that I see no difference whatsoever in character between Marth, Roy, Leif and Eliwood. They are essentially all the same character to me. Especially Leif and Roy.

I also refuse to consider Elincia a lord. She occupies that role for perhaps a single chapter in Radiant Dawn? That is as much as Geoffrey.

Edited by Vince777

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I voted for Micaiah for my favourite lord and was surprised to see her in the lead (I thought she was disliked, for some reason).

Don't really have a less favourite so I just picked Sigurd I guess, since I'm sort of indifferent towards him. I'd like to note in passing that I see no difference whatsoever in character between Marth, Roy, Leif and Eliwood. They are essentially all the same character to me. Especially Leif and Roy.

I also refuse to consider Elincia a lord. She occupies that role for perhaps a single chapter in Radiant Dawn? That is as much as Geoffrey.

I was surprised she's beating Ike but now she's in the lead and that's great. I think she's the type of character that if you do like her, you like her a lot and if you dislike her, you dislike her a lot which is why she does well in both favorite and least favorite character polls. 

She's got only a single vote in the least favourite poll though.

Ike seems to be the one that does well in both.

(also, I forgot about Rowan. I DO dislike this guy and mostly all similarly loud and immature characters)

Edited by Vince777

14 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'm in agreement here. Elincia has about as much of a right to call herself a lord as Tibarn.

18 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Try four. There's 2-P, 2-E, 4-2, and 4-5.

Yeah and actually, that Tibarn was made the 3rd leader besides Ike and Micaiah, in the last chapter, rather than Elincia, also speaks a lot about why she should never be considered one.

(nor Lucina)

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Try four. There's 2-P, 2-E, 4-2, and 4-5.

She's not the lord of any part 4 chapters. For the sake of symmetry (for want of a better word), I wish she were, but she's not.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

She's not the lord of any part 4 chapters. For the sake of symmetry (for want of a better word), I wish she were, but she's not.

Eh, you got me there, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

For favorites, I'm sticking with Ike, with Alm and Celica almost tied. Ike being the naive little kid forced into inheriting the Greil Mercenaries after his dad's death meant he had to grow a lot and he did it pretty effectively (you can see him shift into a more mature leader over the course of the game not only with handling the mercenary company, but also his composure around the Black Knight, going from "You killed my father! DIE!" to "I'll show you what I learned!"). I've seen a complaint about how Alm and Celica don't fit in with the whole "one's more like Mila, the other more like Duma," but I don't see the issue. Alm fits in line with the "Rigel gave us no choice but to fight, so I'll charge into them, full force" mentality and it clearly shows the Duma in Alm. On top of that, he fulfills a similar character growth to Ike, where he knows little about the world but works to become a capable leader who wants to help as many as he can. Celica is very peace-driven and willing to do what benefits many people. While some would argue that mucking around the seaside in Act 2 contradicts her desire to reduce conflict, think about it: she wants to rid the seas of pirates for the merchants and wants to eliminate the draco zombie by the shrine so it doesn't cause potential problems for others if it decides to wreak havoc. Also, she reacts strongly with emotion, moreso than Alm does. While she's clearly foolish for trusting Jedah in Act 4, Jedah semi-holds Alm's life in his hands (or at least sees the pain and torment Alm experiences after he kills Rudolph) and it drives her to react in a way she thinks is best for Alm. In essence, Alm and Celica don't just complement each other: they complete each other. If it was just Alm or just Celica, neither of them would be very interesting nor effective lords.

Least favorites would be Corrin and Ephraim. I know Corrin is a victim of Fates' atrocious writing (much like a majority of Fates' cast), he/she still comes across as a know-nothing kid that effectively wants the best for everyone, but doesn't go about it the correct way (Conquest being a VERY prominent example). Also, everyone treats him/her as the "can do no wrong" character (Corrin can do plenty wrong, princes and princesses, he/she is by no means perfect (Takumi was right not to trust Corrin)). I think Corrin would work better as a character if the ones he/she bounces off of the most (primarily Azura) featured better or consistent character traits (Xander). For Ephraim, his only concern seems to be messing up as much as he can and miraculously getting away with every meat-headed decision he can make. His motto also sounds cocky--when I see "I don't pick fights I cannot win," I imagine him picking every single fight and winning anyway given what he does in SS and thinking, "There is no way he's winning every single one of these battles."