Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

8 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Eurykins -  I didn't read much of your posts, but I assume you played alright.

1. Was on a wagon since D1 and very close lynch (but still survived!).

2. Was hooked and prevented in both a kill and rolecop N1.

3. Quickly Lynched D2, and condemned my buddy (As a result of his buddying/support against my lynch, and the Eclipse Watch) to die D3.

If alright means, "Gj you done fucked up", then sure! XD

Realtalk: Stop fucking rolling me as scum role cop without a semi-decent back-up claim @SB.. Bad things happen when I'm a role cop, and I had shit all for fakeclaims with assloads of Doc's and another cop in this game. ;[ I blame SB for that mess.

Edited by Eurykins

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Propeller Knight (Via) - Good job being blatantly town, I protected you. Btw your posts make me laugh. Also I'm about to get a Switch and Super Mario Odyssey tonight myself lol.

HEY THANKS MAN

I had SO MUCH fun this game. sorry that I had trouble reading you, it was mostly the ITP hunting that threw me off.

@Omega. Is this true?

Plus, the average player level on this site is much higher than most, if not every, site. So you'll improve quickly by starting here.

I haven't really played off-site so I don't quite know how other people play off-site.  But if it is true then I think that's something for SFmafia to take pride in!

my mom and i had a huge fight early d1 and i flipped my shit and left the thread, I'm really sorry about that BTW

4 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Refa - REEEFAAAA. Lol @ our D1 debate. "You really think I'd do X as scum?" "Yes." "Okay, but are you SERIOUSLY arguing I would do Y?" "Yes, I am arguing that." "So what do you expect me to do?" "I expect you to do Z." LOL! I always enjoy playing with you and I'm glad I was able to wrangle a townread out of your slot through lolwifom. You're one of my favorite players and I'd like to see you in a game again.
Shinori - I'm really glad you were scum, I just assumed you were bad. LOL! You're not though, you nearly got me lynched D1. Good job, you played the best out of scum imo.
Snike [replacing Fenrir Aesir] - Clutch replacement.
Weapons - Overall, solid.

Bard - RIP.

SB/Iris - Cool setup and fast, efficient modding. Good job.

Hahaha, yeah our D1 debate was an experience.  Real talk, halfway through I realized I wasn't as bothered by you anymore, but I was obligated to see it through.  It's always fun playing with you too!  Never forget our legendary scum game.

Oh yeah, before I forget, my comment towards BBM at the start of D1 was a joke, but I wanted to see how people would react if I claimed it was a reaction test.

omega bro you're super cool dude I hope you have fun with mario odyssey

refa ily

I'm just kinda glad some of my reads were on point unlike anony.

Flavor was great, game wasn't hostile, and I didn't get lynched d1! 10/10 more seriously. Thanks for hosting.

yeah sorry about contributing to the size/quantity of posts d1. i think i've gotten too wordy recently and I also tend to escalate my wordiness when I get into arguments with other people responding to their cases.

obviously I also should have paid closer attention to what people were saying on d1. that being said we really need to excise the word "misrep" from our mafia vocabulary. we did it a while ago but it surfaced again this game and it's dumb bc it automatically paints what could just be mistakes as scummy and most of the time there's no attempt to look at whether there was any point to purposely making things up in that situation.

In defense of Shinori's actions, trying to convince the town to go after other scum was his only avenue to victory, and I think this is something a host has to accept as a possibility when you include any role or faction that's not part of the Town or Mafia. In Smogon OC games where have 3+ factions is incredibly common this kind of thing happens all the time and it's usually considered normal so that's my perspective as someone who also plays a lot there.

9 minutes ago, Shinori said:

@Omega. Is this true?

I haven't really played off-site so I don't quite know how other people play off-site.  But if it is true then I think that's something for SFmafia to take pride in!

In my experience, other sites have huge gaps in player skill, you'll have a couple people who are probably better than anyone on SF but then a ton of people who are a lot worse than our worst players (and tbh I think generally the "worst player" in a given game is someone who is new, and Arcanite still played pretty well for a new player). The regulars here are all pretty good and no one really stands out as being a power player these days

SF has an advantage of being a small/tightly knit community

Edited by Paperblade

my experiences playing maf offsite were almost all terrible and also paperblade is right about huge player gaps 

13 minutes ago, Shinori said:

@Omega. Is this true?

I've played on a few different sites. That said, the sites I've played on have a FUCKTON of players, including one where players from all different sites migrate to (MU). I have also been playing for a longass time. So I've seen a lot of different metas.

Yeah SF is one of the better sites fa sho. I would put up your better players with almost anyone I've seen or played with, and even your "weaker" players are WAY better than the shitty players on the other sites. I honestly do not recall seeing a player on this site who is straight up bad, which is a rarity. Every time I play here, everyone has a good understanding of the game. If there's a shitty play, it's usually just a flash in the pan. Even when people are wrong here it's understandable most of the time. That's not like most sites, where you just have a lot of people playing pantsonhead.

Edited by Omega.

28 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Don't worry I ended our war and shot you.

Just die

Oh wait....

I feel bad cause I didnt get to kill anyone on D3 and that wouldve been cool
I feel good cause we won basically the same time I died
I feel bad because I fricked myself D1 by flipping around like an idiot
I feel good cause Shinori was scum

28 minutes ago, Refa said:

At least you didn't tunnel on me. 

Speaking of which

My last block was between 3 people:
Shinori Weapons and Refa

Shinori for the meme and I was kinda pissy that they were so insistent on lynching me... but I felt like that wouldnt do anything

Refa because why not

and Weapons because people were sorta suspecting him

So I flipped a coin and heads was weapons

I got heads 

2 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

In defense of Shinori's actions, trying to convince the town to go after other scum was his only avenue to victory, and I think this is something you have to accept as a possibility when you include any role or faction that's not part of the Town or Mafia. In Smogon OC games where have 3+ factions is incredibly common this kind of thing happens all the time and it's usually considered normal.

I just want to say that everything dying scum says when they are being hammered is WIFOM and can't be taken seriously.  Yeah apologies that I did think Prims was plausible last scum and mentioned him but the part about it that bothers me in this scenario is that had I said literally anyone else's name as plausible scum no one would even care.  The fact that I randomly guessed Prims right in flailing WIFOM and then get attacked about it or bad mouthed in the graveyard really bothers me but whatever.

Once again I'm sorry and I don't want this to blow up or scale into an argument of any sorts but I don't feel I was entirely in the wrong as people seem to make me out to be however I am still sorry if you feel that way.

I think another thing about sf is for the most part people here are a lot more agreeable and aren't trying to be dicks. I played on a forum where most of the players were 30 y/o men and not only did they treat the few female players like shit but they would get REALLY personal about insulting each other and defend their actions by calling it AtE. one guy outright told me I wrote maf posts like I was writing a school essay and told me I was hiding my stupidity with that. it was awful.

I’m at a friend’s house tonight so I’ll do more of a writeup in the morning but thank you to everyone for playing/subbing in, Paperblade and Euklyd for making sure my hints didn’t suck and Iris for probably doing more work than I did after game start.

yeah I do think SF hits a solid balance of competent at game + not taking game more seriously than necessary, only complaint is occasional thread spamminess ree

4 minutes ago, Propeller Knight said:

I think another thing about sf is for the most part people here are a lot more agreeable and aren't trying to be dicks. I played on a forum where most of the players were 30 y/o men and not only did they treat the few female players like shit but they would get REALLY personal about insulting each other and defend their actions by calling it AtE. one guy outright told me I wrote maf posts like I was writing a school essay and told me I was hiding my stupidity with that. it was awful.

Ow.

If someone said that in a mafia game, that would be grounds for an instant suspension.  Rip apart arguments and roles, not the people behind them!

@Omega. That was interesting, though way too short for my tastes.  Hope to see you around in another game~!

Just now, Prims said:

yeah I do think SF hits a solid balance of competent at game + not taking game more seriously than necessary, only complaint is occasional thread spamminess ree

SF is by far the least spammy places I've played on

so many 1-2 liners spamming up the thread on other sites @_@

I’m 50/50 on spamposting. Imo you get more accurate reads players by responding to them in realtime than wallpost fighting but at the same time it makes the rest of the thread harder for players to read. Imo quotesniping should go first before spamposting because it often turns into people just trying to refute every point than necessarily about being accurate/developing your reads.

also yeah arcanite I'll echo that you played a lot better here than in kemono friends. I think your main problem was just a lack of confidence. everybody regardless of experience level can be wrong, so you don't need to include disclaimers in every post. it just makes it difficult for people to trust your reads. and the other thing is just to maybe reread your posts before posting them because near the end of d1 they started becoming pretty disorganized and all over the place. i think that was a large part of people suspecting you on d2.

i think it just depends on how you define spamminess; I think people here don't post very much irrelevant content but we do tend to write too many words.